Chapter 4 - The DJ and The King of Dance

Red Fountain Academy Series

Pink Fountain Dormitory…

“New students of Red Fountain Academy, welcome to Pink Fountain Dormitory PARTY!!!” Alice is being lively as she stands on the stage inside the lounging area of Pink Fountain Dormitory.

All the girl students of Red Fountain Academy that are staying in Pink Fountain Dormitory are there.

“I’m your beautiful and y host and DJ for tonight, Alice Tsoi.” Alice introduced herself. “Tonight, will be an enjoyable night, I guarantee you. Later, we will get to meet our very own beautiful, smart and y ambassadress, Gypsy Keerati Mahapreukpong. Then, there will be games and prizes. You can also dance till your heart out. If you got hungry after dancing, we have different kinds of foods and drinks in the dining area. We have, Thai cuisine, Korean cuisine, Chinese cuisine, and Japanese cuisine. Your choice. Also, before anything else, do you see the cute pink booth over there at the corner? You can vote the person you think has the best outfit for tonight. For the new students, if you don’t know the name, you can ask the person directly. It is also the way to make friends, right?”

“YES!!!” the girls shout.

“LET’S GET THE PARTY STARTED!!!” Alice shouts and starts DJing.

……………………………………………………

“Girls, let’s all welcome our beautiful, smart, y and fashionista ambassadress, Gypsy Keerati Mahapreukpong!” Alice said.

Alice left the stage while letting Gypsy having her speech.

“I got you some foods.” Som said.

“Thanks, girl.” Alice said. “I’ll eat this quickly.”

“The music is so lame. The DJ is .” Bella said while walking pass Alice and her friends.

“What the-” Puifai said and she is about to confront the Bella but Alice stops her.

“Don’t mind her. She’s just new.” Alice said. “But her voice is familiar.”

“Is she an enemy?” Cherreen asks.

“I don’t think so.” Alice said.

“The night is still young. Enjoy the party and later there will be games.” Gypsy ends her speech.

Alice get on the stage again.

“Everyone, it’s time for games! Now, the rules of the games are change. Whoever the person got last in every game, there will be punishments. And of course, for the winning people, we have some prizes for them.” Alice said. “So, are we ready?”

“YES!” they all said.

“The first game is…”

The first and second game happened. It was fun and everyone is enjoying the time.

“Now, for our third and last game, it is called… No oh, No oh… I can’t breathe!” Alice said and sings the title of the game. “It is simple. You just need to hold your breath inside the bowl of water and be the person to hold her breath longer. The person who had the shortest amount of time to hold her breath will be the L.O.S.E.R! We need three contestants. Anyone?”

Gypsy raised her hand.

“Our Ambassadress is finally going to play.” Alice said. “Two more?”

Puifai raised her hand.

“This will be tough. Our mermaid is going to play too.” Alice said. “Last one?”

No one wants to compete against Puifai.

“How about Mild Wira Jiravechsoontornkul?” Alice said.

Mild’s eyes widened when Alice call her name.

“Come. You haven’t played anything yet. In fact, your group always sitting on the sofa for the entire party.” Alice said.

“You can do it, Mild.” Apple said.

Mild climb on the stage.

“Will she be alright? She’s really bad at games.” Fern said.

“I hope she can do well.” Esther said.

“Girls, the rules are clear, right? Ready?” Alice said.

“Ready!” the three shout.

“1…2…3!” Alice said.

The three girls hold their breath inside the bowls of water.

15 seconds…

30 seconds…

40 seconds…

“This is a tough competition.” Alice said. “The girls look relax.”

1 minute…

“1 minute and they are still not giving up!” Alice said. “But look, Wira is reaching her limit. Will she give up? Despite of being small, she can manage to hold her breath that long.”

Mild finally give up.

“And we have a loser!” Alice announced.

Gypsy finally give up 3 seconds after Mild.

“And we have a winner! Puifai!” Alice said. “No wonder she won. She is our Mermaid of Red Fountain Academy. Congrats, sissy!”

Alice gives the prize to Puifai.

“Shall we call the two girls who got lost in the games?” Alice said.

The two girls join Mild on the stage.

Cherreen and Proud put three glasses of weird drinks on the table on the stage.

“Now, among these three glasses, there are two red wine and one herbal medicine. The three girls will get to choose. Whoever get the herbal medicine will be doing the punishment and the two lucky girls will be exempted from the punishment.” Alice said. “Let’s start with the first girl. Choose a number.”

The girl is thinking what to choose.

“1.” Alice whispered to her pretending that she is coughing.

“Number 1.” The girl said.

“The second girl, please choose.” Alice said.

The girl is looking at the audience when she saw Cherreen secretly made a v sign with her fingers.

“Number 2.” The girl said.

“So, our third girl will get the third glass. On my count, drink all of it. 1…2…3!”

Mild wasn’t able to drink it all because of bitterness.

“We got the LOSER! It is Wira!” Alice said.

“That’s not fair! I saw you whispered to the first girl.” Esther said.

“And I saw the second girl looking at Nachjaree.” Best said.

“I coughed not whispered.” Alice said. “Did I whispered to you?”

Alice asks the girl.

“No.” the girl said.

“And did you look at Cherreen?” Alice asks the second girl.

“No. I was looking at my friends.” The second girl said.

“You don’t have evidence that we cheated.” Alice said. “Wira can escape the punishment if only she did well in the game but she didn’t.”

“This is all part of your plan!” Best said.

“Shut up, Nitcharee! Why are you always blaming the others?” Puifai said.

“Shut up! You and your friends want Mild to get punished!” Best said.

“Nitcharee, stop it or you will get a warning.” Aom said.

Apple, Fern and Mook are now calming Best.

“Everyone should relax. This is just part of the party. Don’t make it a big deal.” Aom said. “Alice, let’s continue.”

“Before I reveal the punishment, I will announce first the winner of the Best Outfit of tonight.” Alice said.

Som gave her the voting result.

“I wouldn’t be surprise if they tampered it.” Esther said.

“Is that so?” Alice said. “Congratulation, Mook Worranit Thawornwong!”

Mook was surprised.

“Now, tell me if we tampered it.”

Esther rolled her eyes.

Mook climb on the stage to receive her prize.

“Congratulations.” Alice said.

“Thank you.” Mook said.

“And now, for the punishment…” Alice said. “Skin deep in the swimming pool of H.S. Swimming pool.”

Esther and her group is shocked.

“You got to be kidding me.” Mild said.

“No.” Alice said. “Let’s go.”

……………………………………………………

They arrived at the swimming pool.

 Alice ordered Mild to remove her clothes and get in the pool.

“Now, you need to stay there for 30 minutes.” Alice said.

“What?!” Mild said.

“30 minutes and you can go out. It should be an hour but I am being generous so I cut the time.”

“Thanks for your generosity.” Mild mockingly said.

“We will be back after 30 minutes.” Alice said.

“Don’t leave me here!” Mild shouts.

“Just bear it for 30 minutes.” Puifai said.

Everyone leaves including Mild’s friends since they can’t do anything right now.

“Let’s go back to the dorm.” Alice said.

“What about Mild?” Mook asks.

“We will get her after 30 minutes.” Alice said.

“We will stay here.” Esther said.

“No. I don’t trust you.” Gypsy said.

“You can’t do that!” Fern said.

“We can.” Gypsy said.

“Hey!” Mek shouts.

“Mek!” Mook said.

“Where are Mild’s clothes?” Mek asks.

“Mek, don’t get yourself involve here. This is part of the party.” Gypsy said.

“Give me Mild’s clothes or I will call Tao.” Mek said.

“For a troublemaker like you, are you threatening me?” Gypsy asks.

“It is not a threat.” Mek said.

Gypsy and Mek are staring at each other’s eyes.

“Give me the clothes or else.” Mek said.

“Or else what?” Gypsy said.

“Alice.” Mek whispered.

Gypsy quickly understand it.

“Give him the clothes, Alice.” Gypsy said.

Alice give the clothes to Mek.

“Let’s go.” Gypsy said.

Gypsy and her friends went back to the dormitory while Mek and Mild’s friends went to the swimming pool.

……………………………………………………

Pink Fountain Dormitory…

“Why did you let him defeat you?” Puifai asks Gypsy.

“If it is about Tao, I can talk to him.” Proud said.

“Tao doesn’t have to do with it. I just don’t want to mess up with Mek.” Gypsy said.

“Impossible.” Cherreen said.

“Mek is a troublemaker. I don’t want to get involve with him.” Gypsy said. “Enough of this. We should sleep now.”

Everyone went to their rooms except Alice.

“Thanks.” Alice said.

“It’s nothing. I only did it to protect you.” Gypsy said.

“I don’t know till when I can hide this.” Alice said.

“Maybe until graduation.” Gypsy said. “If Mek will get involve in a serious trouble, he can’t graduate and I am sure Tao can’t do anything about it.”

“I hope you’re right but I will feel bad for Mek if he didn’t graduate.” Alice said.

“Just don’t think about it.” Gypsy said. “You did a great job tonight. You should rest now.”

“You too. Goodnight.” Alice said.

……………………………………………………

Alice is with Focus and they are in an abandoned warehouse.

“P’Focus, where are they?” Alice asks.

“I don’t know.” Focus said.

“P’Focus! Alice! Let’s get out of here!” Mek said while holding Alice’s hand.

“I can’t leave without your brother.” Focus said.

“The police are coming. We need to leave now.” Mek said.

Everyone is running away.

BANG!

Alice woke up from her dream. Her heart is beating fast.

……………………………………………………

After the ceremony, Alice and Oaujun went to the Dance Club Booth.

“Good job to the two of you. You did great in the ceremony.” Kang said.

“Piece of cake.” Oaujun said. “Guys, can I and Alice go for some snacks first?”

“Sure. And later we will do our dance number.” Cherreen said.

“Thanks, guys.” Alice said.

Oaujun and Alice went to the cafeteria.

“The Red-Orange Youth Dance will have a meeting next Sunday. I already told them that you will join the SNSD cover group.” Oaujun said.

“Will you be in the meeting, too?” Alice asks.

“A little bit.” Oaujun said.

“Oh come on! Are you going to leave me with the people that I don’t know?” Alice asks.

“They are nice.” Oaujun said.

“I don’t think so.” Alice said remembering the rude girl she talked to last time.

“Where are you going that you need to leave early?” Alice asks.

“I need to meet someone.” Oaujun said.

“Who?” Alice asks.

“Do I need to tell you everything?” Oaujun asks.

Alice feels hurt of what Oaujun answered.

“No but you’re leaving me with the people I don’t know.” Alice said.

“I told you they are nice.” Oaujun said.

“But if they piss me off, I quit.” Alice said. “Let’s hurry and we need to go back to the booth.”

……………………………………………………

The Dance Club Booth is full of students because the main dancers of the club are dancing to attract new members.

After the dance, the four main dancers start to receive the application forms of the students.

“Chittaphon Leechaiyakul.” Oaujun reads the name that was written on the form. “You’re Ten, right?”

Ten nooded.

“I knew you will join the club.” Kang said.

“Do you know him?” Alice asks.

“He defeated Oaujun in the dance showdown last night.” Kang said.

“Really? Would you like to be my partner?” Cherreen asks.

“Hey! Back off!” Kang said and whispered something to Ten.

“Anyway, if he is that great, he doesn’t need to audition, right?” Alice asks.

“Everyone who wants to be in our club need to audition whether he is good or not.” Oaujun seriously said.

“Ok, fine.” Alice said.

……………………………………………………

“I am going for a break, guys.” Alice said.

“Ok.” They said.

Alice left the booth and walks around.

She saw Four holding lots of book.

“Prof. Four, let me help you.” Alice said.

“Thank you, Alice.” Four said.

Alice took some books from Four.

“Where are you going with these books, professor?” Alice asks.

“I’m going to return them to the college library. I borrowed them a month ago for some reference.” Four said.

“A month ago? They are already due.” Alice said.

“I know that’s why I need to pay a fine.” Four said. “How’s our booth?”

“Lots of new students want to join. But of course, we need to hold an audition.” Alice said.

“That’s right. And I will personally be the judge.” Four said.

“Please don’t be too hard for the new students.” Alice said.

“Can’t help it. I am a professional.” Four said.

Finally, they arrived at the college library.

“Thank you for the help, Alice.” Four said.

“No problem, professor.” Alice said. “I should go ahead.”

“Ok.” Four said.

Alice left the library.

“Alice Tsoi.” Krist said.

Alice turned around to face Krist. Of all people in College Town, why does she need to see Krist?

“P’Krist.” Alice coldly said.

“How are you, my dear Alice?” Krist asks.

“What do you want?” Alice asks.

Although they are in the same academy, Alice doesn’t see Krist or it is more like she is avoiding him.

“Actually, it is just a coincidence that I saw you walking out from the library. But you should expect me to see me here since I am a college students here.” Krist said. “Anyway, when I saw you, I just can’t help but to ask how you are. After all, we used to be-”

“Shut up!” Alice said.

“Ok. I should not reminisce about the past. But I want to tell you something. James’s brother is looking for me and a while ago we’ve met. There’s this cute girl that caught my attention. She can control James’s brother. I want to know her more just like you.” Krist said and left.

Alice senses that Krist’s next target is Mek.

……………………………………………………

Alice went to the Drama Club Booth to see Gypsy.

“Gypsy, we need to talk.” Alice said.

Gypsy knew that Alice is having a big problem so she pull her far from the booths.

“What is it?” Gypsy asks.

“I saw P’Krist.” Alice said.

“What? Where? In College Town? I told you not to go there.” Gypsy said.

“I helped Prof. Four and I didn’t know that she will go there.” Alice said. “Anyway, he said that Mek has this cute girl that can control Mek and he wants to know her.”

“Who is it? His sister?” Gypsy said.

“Impossible. He knew her since he was used to be close to them.” Alice said.

“Then, there is only one way to find out. Follow Mek’s every move inside the academy.” Gypsy said.

“Why me?” Alice asks.

“You’re the only one who can do that. If P’Krist got interest to that cute girl, he will not be alone. I am sure that he is coming, too.” Gypsy said.

Alice closes her eyes tightly because of frustration.

“Oh, Gypsy! I feel like the past is starting to happen again.” Alice said.

Gypsy hugs Alice.

“Relax. The past will never happen again. We will prevent that to happen, ok?” Gypsy said. “I will do anything to stop it.”