Chapter 8 – Side Story

Red Fountain Academy Series

“Tum, you’re in charge. I’m going on a break.” Gypsy said.

“Yes, ma’am!” Tum said.

“Tum, I am in charge.” Wawa said after Gypsy and Jes left.

“But-”

“I. Am. In. Charge.” Wawa said.

“P’Tum was put in charge by my sister. Why are you stealing it?” Gypso asks.

“Just shut up.” Wawa said. “I’m her supporting actress.”

“Ha! Supporting? P’Fern is the supporting actress, not you.” Gypso said.

“And what do you call yourself? You’ve been here for 2 years but you never got a role. You’re just a props-maker. Why don’t you join the Art Club? After all, you got the same role as theirs.” Wawa said.

“What?!” Gypso yells.

“Girls, stop it! Gypsy wouldn’t like it if she found out that you are fighting.” Tum said.

“To hell with her!” Wawa and Gypso shout.

Gypso walks out of the booth.

……………………………………………………

Science Club Booth…

“President New, I am really sorry that I need to skip the club duties.” Singto said to New.

“It’s ok. You need to watch over the store, I understand.” New said.

“Thank you so much.” Singto said.

Singto went out of the academy and went to their family’s convenient store. When he got there, 2 guys are waiting outside the store.

“P’Krist, P’Gunsmile.” Singto said.

Name: Perawat Sangpotirat aka Krist

Description: Leader of a Gang

Name: Chanagun Arsutinan aka Gunsmile

Description: Right Hand Man

“Hi, Singto.” Krist greets.

“What are you doing here?” Singto asks while opening the store.

“Waiting for you.” Krist said.

The three guys went inside the store.

“Don’t you need in your club?” Singto asks.

“If we stay there, the freshmen will be scare to join our club and Sita will blame us.” Krist said. “Singto, sleep in my condo tonight.”

“I can’t. I need to prepare for the first day tomorrow.” Singto said.

Krist pouts like a puppy.

Singto doesn’t know if he will laugh or not. A gang leader pouting like a puppy? No one will believe him.

“Sorry. I can sleep with you tomorrow night.” Singto said.

“Promise?” Krist asks.

“Promise.” Singto said.

“Ok. See you tomorrow.” Krist said.

Krist and Gunsmile left.

……………………………………………………

Gypso went to the cafeteria of Faculty of Mass Communication to eat. She is going to eat her last piece of strawberry from her strawberry shortcake when someone snatch it.

Gypso’s eyes widened while following the strawberry where it will go. She blinks twice when her strawberry landed inside a mouth.

“P’Amp!” she yells.

Name: Chusakdiskulwibul Phurikulkrit aka Amp

Description: Secretary Amp

“That’s my last piece and I even saved it for the last.” She said.

“Sorry. I’ll just buy you next time.” Amp said. “What are you doing here anyway? You have your own cafeteria in your town.”

“They don’t have strawberry shortcake there. Besides, I like the foods in your cafeteria.” She said.

“Are you not going to help your club?” Amp asks.

“We already got many applicants. I’m sure this Friday, it will be a hell.” She said.

“I should better go. Vice-Director Sita will interrogate me if she see me here.” she said.

“Ok. Bye.” Amp said.

……………………………………………………

Gypso went to Primary Town to visit or the right word is ‘to annoy’ her younger sister.

“Hello, little sister. I mean literary, you’re little.” Gypso greets.

“What are you doing here, P’Gypso? You have your own Drama Club Booth.” Her sister said.

Name: Banyada Mahapreukpong aka Tonson

Description: The Spoiled Brat

“Taking a break.” Gypso said and enters the booth. “Wow! Your booth is fully air-conditioned. Where did you get the budget for this?”

“Pa let us borrowed the air-conditioner.” Tonson said.

“Of course, you’re the favorite daughter.” Gypso said. “Then, let me stay here for a while.”

“Fine. Just don’t make a noise.” Tonson said and went out to hand out the flyers.

“Join our Drama Club and be a famous actor!” Tonson shouts.

“If I join your club, will you get me P’Keerati’s sign?” a guy asks.

“You know what? You’d better not join my club or it is better don’t show yourself to me again. I don’t need someone like you for my club!” Tonson said.

“Vice-Manager Tonson, don’t be so harsh with the new students.” Gypso said.

“Yah! P! If you don’t leave the booth I am going to call Pa!” Tonson yells.

“Ok. Ok. I’m leaving.” Gypso said. “Bye, little sister.”

Gypso messes Tonson’s hair.

“Oi!” Tonson yells.

Gypso left.

……………………………………………………

After going to the Primary Town, Gypso went to the convenient store.

“Hello, P’Singto.” Gypso greets.

“Hi, Gypso.” Singto greets.

“Can I stay here for a while?” Gypso asks.

“Sure.” Singto said.

Gypso sat on the chair facing the glass wall. She is watching the cars passing by.

Just then, Singto gave her a strawberry milk.

“It’s free.” Singto said.

“Thanks.” Gypso said.

She is drinking the strawberry milk when three people came.

“There you are.” The guy said.

“Hi, Bambam, Lisa, Sorn.” Gypso greets.

Name: Kupimook Bhuwakul aka Bambam

Description: The Rapper

Name: Lalisa Manoban aka Lisa

Description: The Main Dancer

Name: Chonnasorn Sajakul aka Sorn

Description: The Mascot

“We’ve been looking over for you, cupcake.” Lisa said.

“I just take a break. How about you? Is it ok to leave the Music Vocal Club?” Gypso asks.

“The booth can be manage without us.” Bambam said.

“P’Maripha is the only one left in your booth.” Sorn said.

“Even P’Tum left because of her.” Gypso said. “I’d better go and ask P’Tum to go back to the booth.”

“What about you?” Lisa asks.

“I’m going to the theatre.” Gypso said. “Bye, P’Singto. Thanks for the strawberry milk.”

“You’re welcome.” Singto said.

Singto is watching Gypso leaving when Gypso’s friends approach him.

“P’Singto, be honest to us. Do you like cupcake?” Lisa asks.

“I like cupcake especially red velvet cupcake.” Singto said.

“No. We mean Gypso.” Lisa said.

“Gypso? No. I like her like a sister.” Singto said.

“Seriously?” Bambam asks.

"He already like someone else.” Sorn said while applying lip gloss on her lips.

“Who?” Lisa and Bambam ask.

“The Part-time Model.” Sorn said.

“Who is that?” Lisa asks.

“P’Gypsy’s mortal enemy.” Sorn said.

“Her? How did you know?” Lisa asks.

“Fashion magazine.” Sorn said.

“You should confess to her, P’Singto.” Bambam said.

“Good luck, P.” Lisa said.

“Bye, P’Singto.” Sorn said.

The three left.

……………………………………………………

College Town…

Just like the other Drama Club booths, the Drama Club booth of College Town is a packed.

Then, the vice-president of College Student Council came.

“Hello, Vice-Director Sita. How may I help you?” the president of the Drama Club asks.

Name: Vachiravit Paisarnkulwong aka August

Description: The Nice President

“I came here to see Sec. Amp.” The vice-president of College Student Council said.

Name: Sita Maharavidejakorn

Description: The Vice-Director

“He went for a break. I think you can see him in the cafeteria of his faculty.” August said.

“Thanks.” Sita said.

Sita left the booth. All the students around make way for Sita as if she is a very important person.

She easily found Amp inside the cafeteria.

“Here you are.” Sita said and sat on the chair.

“Hello, Vice-Director Sita.” Amp greets.

“Cut the vice-director. Our job as student councils for today is already done. I am looking for you.” Sita said.

“Really?” Amp asks.

“Well, I went out to find Krist and Gunsmile but knowing those two, I am sure that they already left the academy and hanging out somewhere. So, I went to find CEO March but he is in the meeting with President Tao and Director Vichuda so I went to your club and August told me that you are here.” Sita said.

“I knew it. I am your last choice.” Amp said.

Sita just smiled.

“I heard that Prof. Namcha and her friends are going out this Friday with CEO March.” Amp said.

“It was Prof. Namcha’s idea. And CEO March is always going with them to be with Prof. Namcha. Whatever he do, Prof. Namcha will see him as her student.” Sita said.

“How about you? How long are you going to be his loyal best friend?” Amp asks.

“I am already satisfied to be his best friend.” Sita said.

“Even if he meets a girl?” Amp asks.

Sita nodded.

“You’re one of the smartest people I know but you are the most stupid it comes to love. You’ll never get married if you continue being like that.” Amp said.

“Whatever.” Sita said.

……………………………………………………

Gypso is going to theatre when someone approached her.

“Hi, baby.” The guy said.

“Go away, Bright.” She coldly said.

Name: Wichawet Ua-Ampon aka Bright

Description: Captain Bright

“Eh? What’s wrong with my baby?” Bright asks.

“Why don’t you ask yourself?” Gypso asks.

“Did I do something that made you upset?” Bright asks.

“Don’t you have any idea at all?” Gypso asks.

“No idea.” Bright said.

“Urggh! You’re hopeless!” Gypso said and walks away.

……………………………………………………

After the long day, the students of College Town are leaving the academy to go home.

To the students that live far, they are staying at the Golden Fountain Condominium Building 500 meters away from the academy.

Amp is one of the students that are staying at the condominium.

“P’Amp, you’re back.” Amp’s roommate said.

Name: Weerayut Chansook

Description: The Boyfriend Material

“Hey, Arm! You are quite popular today.” Amp said. “I saw your pictures with Proud.”

“You know her, too?” Arm asks.

“She’s the ambassadress’s friend and also President Tao’s girlfriend.” Amp said.

“I just found out a while ago that she’s the girlfriend of the president.” Arm said. “He saw us in the cafeteria.”

“Ha? What happened?” Amp asks.

“I left.” Arm said.

“Don’t mess up with President Tao. If CEO March is scary, he is scary too.” Amp said.

“I don’t have a plan to hit on her. I am just being friendly.” Arm said.

“Glad you know that.” Amp said.

……………………………………………………

Gypso and her friends are at the dining area of the Pink Fountain Dormitory having dinner.

“I can’t believe that Bright doesn’t have any idea what’s my problem!” Gypso said.

“Maybe he is just playing innocent.” Sorn said while looking at her fashion magazine.

“If he apologize to you without even realizing his wrong-doing, don’t forgive him.” Lisa said.

“I won’t.” Gypso said.

“I doubt it.” Lisa said. “Knowing you, I am sure you will easily forgive him. You can easily control by him.”

“I am not! In fact, I am controlling him. If I want something, he will buy me.” Gypso said.

“In return you will do his projects, homework, reports, etc.” Lisa said.

“I guess, we are controlling each other.” Gypso said.

Lisa and Sorn rolled their eyes.

“How about, when he apologize tomorrow, we will be there and we will coach you what to do?” Sorn suggested.

“I like that.” Lisa said.

“Call.” Gypso said.

……………………………………………………

Mike, Bambam and Singto are inside their room.

“Guys, can I ask you something?” Singto asks.

“Wow! This is new. Usually, I was the one always asking something.” Bambam said.

“A smart guy like you asking something to us?” Mike asks.

“Don’t make fun of me.” Singto said.

“Ok. Sorry.” Mike said. “What is it?”

“How to confess with a girl?” Singto asks.

Mike and Bambam look at each other with shock.

“You are going to confess with P’Esther?!” Bambam asks.

“Wait! Esther? Supreeleela?” Mike asks.

Singto nodded.

“But she’s Thorn’s ex. And as you know, Thorn is still not giving up Esther.” Mike said.

“P’Esther doesn’t like Vice-President Thorn anymore. This is P’Singto’s chance now.” Bambam said.

“I don’t know but I think this is wrong.” Mike said.

“P’Mike, it is wrong if P’Esther is already taken but she isn’t.” Bambam said. “P’Singto, I will help you. This kind of thing doesn’t need science.”

“Thanks, Bambam.” Singto said.

……………………………………………………

Gypso and her friends are going back to their room when Aom came.

“Gypso, this is for you.” Aom said while giving her a basket of strawberries.

“Where did this came from?” Gypso asks.

“A delivery guy came here a while ago.” Aom said. “Whoever sent it to you is so sweet.”

Gypso smiled. “Thanks, P’Aom.”

Aom left.

The three went inside their room.

“Who’s the sender?” Lisa excitedly asks.

Gypso checks the card.

Hey strawberry shortcake…

This is my payment for eating your last piece of strawberry a while ago. Hope you like it… ;)

Amp

“P’Amp is the sender.” Gypso said.

“P’Amp? Why did he sent these to you? Is there something going on between you two?” Lisa asks.

“Just a payment for eating my last piece of strawberry.” Gypso said.

“This is too much for the last piece of strawberry.” Lisa said.

“But isn’t he romantic? Unlike your Bright who only knows how to be romantic if he had wrong-doings.” Sorn said.

“Don’t ruin the mood, Sorn.” Gypso said. “Do you want to eat? I’ll wash some.”

“No thanks. There might be a love potion there and we might fall in love with P’Amp.” Lisa said.

“Crazy.” Gypso said. She brought the basket of strawberries to their mini kitchen.

“But seriously, you’ve been friends with P’Amp for so long and you didn’t even develop any feelings to him?” Lisa said.

“It is just like Bambam.” Gypso said. “I treat them like my brothers.”

“Bambam is really need to treat like a brother but P’Amp? He doesn’t deserve to treat just like a brother. He is handsome, gentleman, has a nice body and rich. His room in Golden Fountain is at the top floor.” Lisa said.

“Still, I look at him like a brother.” Gypso said.

……………………………………………………

Amp is in the balcony of his room when Gypso called.

“Hello, strawberry shortcake.” Amp said.

“Thanks for the basket of strawberries. It is too many for the last piece of strawberry.”

“I know how important for you that last piece.” Amp said. “Don’t eat them all at once.”

“I won’t.”

“Why are you not sleeping? It is already late.” Amp said.

“I was about to but I decided to call you first.”

“Sleep now.”

“Ok. Good night, P’Amp.”

“Good night, Strawberry Shortcake.” Amp said.


Trivia #8

Gypsy in Red Fountain Academy: The Series represents my role in P.C.A.