Chapter 19 – The Ambassadress and The Architect

Red Fountain Academy Series

Gypsy doesn’t know what to do. Her group is in a mess. Gypso is transferring to another school. The musical. She doesn’t know what to do now.

Because of frustration, Gypsy went to the lake. She is walking towards the middle of the lake.

Meanwhile, Jes is looking for Gypsy when he saw her in the lake.

“Gypsy! Don’t kill yourself!” he shouts and runs towards her.

Gypsy heard Jes’s voice. She turned around but she stepped on the rock and got out of balance.

Jes swims faster to get Gypsy. When he got her, he pulled her back to the surface.

“What the hell are you doing? Why are you killing yourself?” Jes is angry at her.

Gypsy coughs.

“I am not trying to die! I just want to get wet.” Gypsy said.

“What?” Jes said.

“I just don’t know what to do. I’m being pressured because of the musical. My friends are mad to each other. Gypso is being transferred to another school. I just don’t know what to do.” Gypsy said. “Suddenly, I just felt like going to the lake.”

“Every problem has a solution. I will help you.” Jes said. “You just need to focus on the musical.”

Gypsy believes Jes.

……………………………………………………

Just like what Jes said to Gypsy, he will help her and he knew who can help him.

He is waiting at the parking lot when Thanaerng came.

“What do you want?” Thanaerng coldly asks.

Jes doesn’t know why Cherreen’s best friend is so cold towards other. She is really weird.

“I need your help about Gypsy.” Jes said.

“Look, as far as I care, I don’t want to get involve with the fights of Cherreen and her friends.” Thanaerng said.

“It is not that.” Jes said. “It is about Gypsy’s sister, Gypso.”

“What about her?” Thanaerng asks.

Jes told her his plan.

……………………………………………………

Gypsy is in her secret garden when Esther came.

“Hi! Did you received the company’s gift?” Gypsy asks.

“Yes. Thanks.” Esther said.

Gypsy senses that there is something wrong. Esther seems so down.

“What’s wrong?” Gypsy asks.

“Best found out about the photo shoot and she is mad at me.” Esther said.

“Eh? But why? Is it because of me?” Gypsy asks.

Esther nodded.

“I knew it.” Gypsy said. “Do you want me to talk to her?”

“No! I knew Best, it will make it worse if you talk to her. She really hates your group.” Esther said.

“Because of Puifai.” Gypsy said. “My group is a mess, too. Puifai doesn’t want to be friends with your group.”

“I think the problem is that Best and Natthapat are enemies.” Esther said. “Shall we think of plan on how those two stop fighting?”

“They’ve been enemies since they were young.” Gypsy said. “It will be hard to make them stop.”

“I’ll talk to my friends and you talk to your friends.” Esther said.

“Ok but it will be hard since Cherreen and Som are mad at Puifai… Oh! Add Proud. The last time we had an argument, it didn’t went well.” Gypsy said. “But let’s do our best.”

“Right!” Esther said.

……………………………………………………

Tonight is the night. It is the night of the party. Gypsy is nervous.

Early morning she called Jes.

“Relax. Everything will be according to the plan. Just don’t forget to bring Gypso with you.” Jes said.

“But I am so nervous. I am more nervous than my first audition.” Gypsy said.

“Do you trust me?” Jes asks.

“Yes.” Gypsy said.

“Then, don’t be nervous. I will be on your side.” Jes said.

“Thanks, Jes.” Gypsy said.

“See you tonight. I love you.” Jes said.

“Is that a part of our fake relationship?” Gypsy asks.

“No.” Jes said.

Gypsy feels like there are butterflies inside her stomach.

“Bye, Jes.” Gypsy said.

……………………………………………………

Gypso is in her room when Gypsy came.

“Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday… Happy Birthday to you.” Gypsy sings while holding a whole strawberry shortcake.

“Thanks, P’. You’re the only one in the house that remembers my birthday.” Gypso said.

“Make a wish and blow the candle.” Gypsy said.

Gypso silently make a wish and blow the candle.

Gypsy put the cake on the table.

“And this is my gift for you.” Gypsy said and giving the paper bag to Gypso.

Gypso opens it and it is a party dress.

“You’re gonna wear it for tonight’s party.” Gypsy said.

“To pa’s party?” Gypso asks.

Gypsy nodded.

“No. I am not going.” Gypso said.

“But you need to be there. There will be a surprise.” Gypsy said.

“What? Your surprise for pa?” Gypso asks.

“No. It is better than that.” Gypsy said.

Gypso looks at Gypsy suspiciously.

“Come on! You’ll gonna like it.” Gypsy said.

……………………………………………………

That night…

The party is at the Lilac Luster Fountain Hotel. It is owned by the Mahapreukpong. The current CEO of the hotel is the younger brother of Moo, but unfortunately he is not in Thailand because he needs to attend an important meeting at Australia.

Gypsy is with Gypso when they arrived.

“Happy Birthday, pa.” Gypsy greets and hugs her father.

“Happy Birthday, pa.” Gypso greets and hugs her father.

“I am hoping that you will not do anything to ruin the party. Just because Gypsy asked me to let you attend the party doesn’t mean that we are ok now.” Moo said.

“Pa…” Gypsy said.

“I will not going to ruin your party. You might have forgotten that it is also my birthday and this is the first time that I am attending your party.” Gypso said.

Moo suddenly can’t say anything. Deep inside of him, he felt guilty.

“We will just be at the venue.” Gypsy said and pulls Gypso out of the suite.

……………………………………………………

Jes is waiting at the entrance of the venue for Gypsy when Amp came.

“Oh? P’Amp!” Jes said.

“Hi, Jes.” Amp greets.

“I didn’t know that you are here.” Jes said.

“My father is a friend of Mr. Mahapreukpong.” Amp said.

“I see…” Jes said.

“Well, what are you doing here? Why don’t you go inside?” Amp asks.

“I am waiting for Gypsy.” Jes said.

“Oh ok. Well, see you later.” Amp said and went inside the venue.

Gypsy and Gypso arrived.

“Ready?” Jes asks.

Gypsy nodded.

They get inside the venue.

“What are those two doing here?” Gypso asks. She saw Bright and Praew at the corner.

“Pa invited them as a forgiveness of what you did to them.” Gypsy said.

“Forgiveness? I should be the one that need forgiveness. Because of their lies, I’ll be transferring to another school.” Gypso said.

“Calm down.” Gypsy said.

……………………………………………………

The party started. Gypsy, Jes and Gypso are waiting for a chance.

“Psst! Jes!” someone is calling Jes behind the curtain.

“Thanaerng?” Gypsy asks.

Thanaerng is wearing a waitress uniform same as the waitress at the party.

“Did you get it?” Jes asks.

“Here.” Thanaerng said and gave her a cd.

“Thanks.” Jes said.

“Gotta go.” Thanaerng said.

“What is that?” Gypso asks.

“Wait here.” Jes said.

Jes went on the stage.

“Good evening, everyone.” Jes said to get everyone’s attention. “First of all, I would like to greet a Happy Birthday the birthday celebrant. Happy Birthday, Uncle Moo. And my gift to you is a very special video. Let’s all watch it.”

At the white screen, the video is being played.

To everyone’s surprised, it is a video of Bright and Preaw.

“See? Our plan worked! Because of my acting, Ramita will be no longer here.” Preaw said.

“Good job! I don’t really like that girl. I am only dating her because she is a Mahapreukpong but when I found out that she is not in good terms with her father, I must ditched her.” Bright said.

“And now, Mr. Mahapreukpong will be on our side and our families plans will be a success. Tomorrow night at his party, we shall open up the business plans to him and once he agrees, it will be easy for our families to get the Mahapreukpong’s business.” Preaw said.

The video ends.

Jes joins Gypsy and Gypso.

“So, this is the surprise. I like it.” Gypso said.

“That’s my gift to you.” Jes said.

“Thanks, P’Jes, P’Gypsy.” Gypso said.

They watched Moo going towards Preaw and Bright.

“You are expelled from Red Fountain Academy.” Moo said and left the venue.

Vichuda followed him.

……………………………………………………

Gypsy and Gypso went back home. At the door, Vichuda is waiting for them.

“Oh? Auntie, are you not going home?” Gypsy said.

“Your father wants to talk to Gypso. He is in his study room.” Vichuda said.

Gypsy looks at Gypso.

“You should take a rest. I’ll just talk to him.” Gypso said and went inside the mansion.

……………………………………………………

Gypsy went to her room to change.

She is now lying on her bed when Jes called.

“So? What happened?” Jes asks.

“Gypso is talking to pa. I hope it will be ok.” Gypsy said.

“It will.” Jes said.

“Thanks for the help, Jes. Without you, I don’t know what to do.” Gypsy said.

“I told you I will help you.” Jes said.

“But how did you get that video clip? And how did you know their plan?” Gypsy asks.

“I asked Thanaerng’s help. But I didn’t know that those two are planning some evil thing against your company.” Jes said.

“Yeah right… Now, my only problem is how I will fix my group.” Gypsy said.

“I tried to talk to Cherreen but it failed. I think you are the one who can fix it.” Jes said.

“Yeah. After all I am their leader. You don’t need to involve yourself to this, Jes. It is my problem. It is enough that you helped me with Gypso’s problem and I am very thankful for that. You are a true best friend.” Gypsy said.

“Ouch! Friendzone.” Jes jokingly said.

Gypsy laughed.

“I’d better sleep now.” Gypsy said.

“Ok. Goodnight. I love you.” Jes said.

“I love you, too… friend.” Gypsy said.

“Ouch! Can you remove the word ‘friend’?” Jes said.

“Goodnight.” Gypsy said.

“Ok. Goodnight.” Jes said.

……………………………………………………

Gypsy went to the dance club to talk to Cherreen.

“Can we talk?” Gypsy asks.

“If this is about Puifai, no.” Cherreen said and walks out with Kang.

“Cherreen, please. We are friends.” Gypsy said and tries to follow them.

“Gypsy, I am your friend but not Puifai. I’m sorry. I and Kang need to go somewhere.” Cherreen said.

Gypsy decided not to follow them.

“Gypsy?” it is Alice.

“Alice, let’s talk.” Gypsy said.

“Gypsy, I’m sorry. I and Oaujun are busy. Maybe next time.” Alice said and left.

Gypsy has no choice but to go back to the dormitory.

……………………………………………………

Gypsy is in the lounge area of the dormitory when Puifai came.

“Puifai, I’ve been waiting for you.” Gypsy said.

“Oh really? Why don’t you go with your new best friend? After all, you two did a photo shoot together.” Puifai said.

“Puifai, I didn’t waited for you so we will fight. I want to fix our group.” Gypsy said.

“Why? Because you are alone now? Or it is because of your reputation? Your reputation is very important to you, right?” Puifai said.

“Puifai, you’re my best friend and I can’t believe that you are saying those words to me.” Gypsy said.

“Let’s be true.” Puifai said. “You used us to become famous and become the ambassadress.”

Gypsy slaps Puifai.

“Thanks a lot, Puifai. You showed me that you are not worthy to be my best friend.” Gypsy said and walks away.

The wanna-be-girls are delighted to see that scene.

“Did you caught that?” Wawa asks Mind.

“All of it.” Mind said while showing her cellphone.

……………………………………………………

The next day, Gypsy is wondering why all the students are looking at her.

She is going to her seat when Alice stops her.

“Oaujun will be sitting there from now on.” Alice said.

“What? Alice.” Gypsy said.

“So, you used us so you can be the ambassadress?” Alice asks.

“What? How did you know that? Who told you?” Gypsy asks.

Alice shows the video clip on her cellphone.

“And you really slapped Puifai for telling her the truth.” Alice said.

“I slapped her because it wasn’t true.” Gypsy said.

“Now that I think about it, you gained the most. Ambassadress, main actress, president of the club and representative of the Student Council. And what did we get? Just your friends.” Alice said.

“Hey! Don’t act like you didn’t gained anything. Emcee of the Red Fountain Academy. Part of the main dancers in the dance club. Don’t you think that it is because of Gypsy, you got those roles?” Esther said.

“Hey! Don’t get yourself involve here! If I know you are sticking to her because you want to be famous, too.” Alice said.

“Why you!” Esther was about to hurt Alice but Gypsy stops her.

“Esther, don’t. I don’t want you get involve.” Gypsy said.

“You sit next to me.” Esther said and pull Gypsy towards her seat.

……………………………………………………

“Thanks for the help, Esther.” Gypsy said after the first class.

“Don’t you think your friends are gone too far?” Esther asks.

Gypsy shook her head. “They are just so hot these days. I just need to wait everybody to cool down so we can talk our problems.”

“Let’s have a lunch later. You can join us.” Mook said.

“What about Nitcharee?” Gypsy asks.

“She isn’t joining us.” Mook said.

“Ok.” Gypsy said.

……………………………………………………

Lunch…

Esther and her friends meet up at the front of the cafeteria. Apple and the others are shocked to see Gypsy.

“She is joining us.” Esther said.

“Where are your friends?” Mild coldly asks.

“Ditched me.” Gypsy said.

“Serve you right.” Mild said.

“Mild!” Apple said.

“I really deserve it.” Gypsy said. “So, let’s go?”

They enter the cafeteria and eat.

For the first time, Gypsy enjoyed eating with other people than her friends.


Trivia #19

Side Stories are made for the minor characters to show their stories.