Chapter 17 - The Swimmer & The Comedian

Red Fountain Academy Series

Esther and her friends are in their room talking about what happened to Puifai and Nichkhun as well as the revelation about Puifai’s son.

“I can’t believe that she actually gave birth without ruining her y figure.” Mook said.

“It is possible since it is her first time. But I feel pity on her. To protect her son, she needs to leave him in another country and let others take care of him.” Apple said.

“I agree.” Esther said.

“Or maybe she left him to protect her own reputation.” Mild said.

“Knowing her, I’m sure she is protecting Gypsy’s reputation not her reputation.” Best said.

“Oh, wow! This is the first time that you side on her.” Mild said. “Aren’t your families are enemies?”

Best sighed.

“I think it is time for all of you to know about me and Natthapat.” Best said.

“What about you and her?” Esther asks.

“Natthapat was my childhood friend. Because of a tragedy that happened when we were kids, our families became enemies. My mom blamed them to the death of my father and as I grew up, that story remained in my heart. That’s why I and Natthapat are now enemies.” Best said.

“But aren’t you and Nicky are trying to know your past?” Fern asks.

“How did you know that?” Best asks.

Fern smiled. “Some reliable resources.” Fern said.

“Anyway, ever since the school year started, I keep on having dreams about what happened in the past so Nicky asked Mouse to investigate my family’s past.” Best asks.

“And did you solved it?” Mook asks.

“Not yet but because of that, Natthapat and I are starting to work together to know the past.” Best said.

“That’s good to hear. Maybe that will make the two of you to become friends again.” Esther said.

“I am not sure about it. Right now, our only focus is to know the secret behind the deaths of my father and Natthapat’s mother.” Best said.

……………………………………………………

The next day, Best is surprised when Nicky told her that Puifai wants to talk to them.

Best and Nicky meet with Puifai, Mouse and Nichkhun at their classroom that night.

Puifai told everything she knows.

“But why would your father try to kill your sister? She’s his own blood.” Nichkhun said.

“And that’s what I want to know.” Puifai said.

“Unless, your sister discovered something that can be a threat against your father.” Mouse said.

“I am not sure about this but I think the answer is inside our house.” Puifai said.

“What do you mean?” Best asks.

“I am not really sure but I will find out myself since it is too dangerous if you go there. If my father is our enemy, I am sure that as of now he is being more careful.” Puifai said.

“Ok and I will try to find something inside in our house too.” Best said.

“Just be careful. If something happens, call us.” Nichkhun said.

“We will.” Best and Puifai said.

……………………………………………………

Also that night, Puifai and Best headed back to the Bangkok.

The two are quiet inside the car. Puifai is driving quietly while Best is just looking outside the car’s window.

“If my father is really behind of what happened to P’Paula, I don’t know what I will feel.” Puifai said.

“He’s still your father.” Best said.

“After my mom died, he really took care of me and gave me everything I want. The only disappointment I gave to him was when I got pregnant. Maybe that is one of the reason why I chose to leave my son to my auntie so my father will never be disappointed again.” Puifai said. “What about you? What if you will find out that your mom is hiding something about your father to you?”

“Honestly, I saw how my mom worked hard to raise me without my father. If she is hiding something to me about my father, I am hoping that it isn’t true. She’s my only family and I love her so much.” Best said.

……………………………………………………

After killing Noom, Tong went back home to get rid of the evidence. She opens the vault and put all the things from vault to the trash bin.

Best woke up because of thirst and she is walking towards the kitchen when she saw the light from her mother’s room open.

Best check it out and saw her mother emptying the vault.

“Mom, what are you doing so late at night?” Best asks.

Tong is shocked to see her daughter inside their house.

“Best, why are you here? You’re supposed to be in school.” Tong said.

“I was but what are you doing?” Best asks.

“Nothing. Just go to sleep.” Tong said.

But Best didn’t listen. She enters the room and walk straight to the trash bin.

“Best, go back to your room. Now.” Tong said.

Best looks at what inside the trash bin.

“Why are you throwing a video camera?” Best asks while picking up the camera.

Tong loses her temper and pushed Best.

Best is shock of what her mother did.

“I told you to stay in your room. NOW!” Tong yells.

Best obeys her mother and went to her room.

Tong continues what she is doing and after emptying the vault, she carries the trash bin and went to the garden.

Her plan is to burn the evidence. After making sure that everything is already burn, she went back to her room.

……………………………………………………

The next morning, the news about Noom’s death is already spread throughout the country.

Tong prepared a healthy breakfast meal for Best.

“When are you going back to the academy?” Tong asks.

“This morning. I just forgot my project so I went back here.” Best said.

“Ok. Be careful.” Tong said.

After the breakfast, Best left. Best is worried about Puifai because of the sudden death of Noom. She wants to call her but she doesn’t have her cellphone number.

Best decided to go back to the academy first.

……………………………………………………

Nicky is waiting for Best at the Pink Fountain after she called him that she is now in Phitsanulok.

He runs towards her when he saw her coming.

He hugs her tightly.

“I am so worried about you.” Nicky said.

“I’m fine.” Best said.

“Did you heard about what happened to Puifa’s father?” Nicky asks.

“Yes. It is tragic.” Best said. “Anyway, I want you to do me a favor.”

……………………………………………………

Esther is in the terrace of their room when she saw Best coming and when Nicky runs towards her.

But instead of going inside the Pink Fountain Dormitory, Best and Nicky headed to the Blue Fountain Dormitory.

“Is Esther still not here?” Fern asks.

“She arrived but she went with Nicky somewhere.” Esther said. “Best is acting weird lately. First, she left last night without telling us. Second, she and Nicky are going somewhere.”

“Maybe because of her father and Puifai’s mother’s case.” Fern said.

“I know but we are her friends. Doesn’t she want our help?” Esther asks.

“I think Best is just concerned. She doesn’t want us to get involved so we won’t get hurt.” Fern said.

“Is it really that serious?” Esther asks.

“I don’t know. I am just saying what I am thinking.” Fern said.

……………………………………………………

Tong is in her restaurant when the police came.

“Mrs. Samipak, you are under arrest for the murder of Mr. Santisuk Wipatkornthrakul.” The police said showing a warrant of arrest.

“What? You can’t arrest me! I didn’t kill him!” Tong said.

Tong keeps on telling the police that she’s innocent until they reach the police station.

In the police station, Best, Nicky, Mouse, Mos and Puifai are waiting for her.

Tong saw her daughter in the police station.

“Best, tell them I am innocent. You saw me that night in our house.” Tong said.

“I’m sorry, mom.” Best emotionally said.

“What do you mean?” Tong asks but the police drag her to investigate her.

Puifai hugs Best.

“You did the right thing.” Puifai said.

……………………………………………………

That afternoon…

When Best arrived back to the academy, she asks Nicky for help. The couple went to Nicky, Mouse and New’s room.

“Late at night, I saw my mom emptying her secret vault and burned everything inside of it outside our house. When she went back to her room, I tried to save the things she burned and the only thing I saved are these two.” Best said showing what’s inside her bag.

A video tape and a piece of wood.

“What is this stain in the wood?” Nicky asks.

“Looks like a dried blood.” Mouse said.

“I know that type of wood. It reminds me of the chairs in our restaurant.” Best said.

“According to the news, Puifai’s father was hit on his back before he got drowned.” Mouse said. “This might be an evidence.”

“And what about this tape?” Nicky asks.

“We don’t have a player here. It is best if we go back home to check it. Meanwhile, we must give this piece of evidence to the police.” Mouse said.

……………………………………………………

After checking the blood stain as well as the finger prints from the piece wood, it is confirmed that Tong is the suspect.

“Puifai, I’m going back to the hospital.” Mos said.

“Ok.” Puifai said.

“How about you?” Mos asks.

“I’m going with them. We still need to know what really happened to mom.” Puifai said.

“Ok. Call me if you found anything.” Mos said.

After Mos left, Best and the others went to Nicky and Mouse’s house.

There, they play the tape.

It seems that whoever taken the video is hiding and trying to video the conversation of Noom and Tong.

“So, we both know that your husband and my wife are having an affair.” Noom said.

“Yes and I can’t forgive them!” Tong said.

“What do you want to do? Kill them?” Noom asks.

“No. I want them to suffer for the rest of their lives.” Tong said.

“How about we will lock them somewhere and show to everyone that they are dead so no one will find them?” Noom asks.

“I love your idea.” Tong said.

The video ended.

“Th-They are really alive.” Puifai said.

“Our parents are alive!” Best said.

“And I think I know where they are.” Puifai said. “Let’s go!”

……………………………………………………

Puifai and the others went to her house. The house is strangely quiet but Puifai ignore it.

Puifai and the others went to the living room.

“That’s the door that remained lock for years.” Puifai said.

“We just need the key.” Nicky said.

Caroline came while calling Joong Ki.

“Auntie, I thought you were already left?” Puifai asks.

“We are about to but I can’t find Joong Ki.” Caroline said.

Just then, Kan arrived.

“He’s also not outside the house.” Kan said.

Best noticed a smoke coming from the door.

“Why is there a smoke coming out?” Best asks.

“Puifai!” Mos came home. “The police station called and said that Sawitree escaped.”

“What?!” Puifai and Best said.

Puifai’s eyes widened when she found out what’s going on.

“We need to open the door!” Puifai shouts.

“Can’t we just break the door?” Kan asks.

“I’ll get the tools!” Puifai said and runs to the garden tool house. She take every tools that she thinks that will useful and runs back.

The four guys help each other to break the door.

After breaking the door, they all get inside except for Caroline who called the police.

The place is too dark and it is hard to breath because of the smoke but they hear a scream of a child.

“Joong Ki!” Puifai said and hurriedly get down the stairs.

A door is at the end of the stairs and it is locked.

“We can’t break this. It is made of steel.” Mos said.

“We need a key.” Best said.

“Father must have a key.” Puifai said. “P’Mos, do you have father’s belonging when he died?”

“Yes, in my car. I’ll check if there’s a key.” Mos said and left.

“It’s getting hotter in here.” Mouse said.

“Best, Puifai, you should wait outside. It’s dangerous.” Nicky said.

“No. My son is there.” Puifai said.

“We will save him. I promise.” Kan said. “Just let the guys do it.”

“He’s right.” Best said.

Puifai thinks that the guys are right. She and Best go out.

Mos came back with a key. He opens the door and saw four people inside the room while the room is burning.

“Joong Ki!” Kan shouts when he saw the child with two people.

“Appa!” Joong Ki said and runs towards him.

Kan carries the child and go out.

Mouse, Nicky and Mos help the three people get out of the room,

Soon, the firefighters arrived to stop the fire.

The police arrived to arrest Tong again who happens to be one of the 4 people that are inside the room.

It seems that after Tong escaped from the police station, she went straight to Puifai’s house and sneak inside the house. Joong Ki, who happens that playing in the living room, saw her and Tong drags the child inside the room and set it in fire.

Puifai and Mos hug their mother while Best hugs her father.

“Thank you for saving us.” Alicia said.

“I knew that you’re alive.” Mos said.

Alicia and Ri were brought to the hospital.

……………………………………………………

After few days, Alicia and Ri gave their testimony to the police and with the video as evidence, Tong will be facing multiple charges.

Paula who was finally awake can now visit her mother in the hospital room while riding a wheelchair.

“Pa tried to kill me because I found out that you are alive.” Paula said. “But I am not mad at him anymore since he already paid all of his sins with his life.”

“I never thought that this day will happen. For all these years, lock inside the room. All I think is my children, especially Puifai. I am scared that Noom will hurt her.” Alicia said.

“Why is that?” Mos asks.

“Because you are not Noom’s daughter.” Ri said from the door followed by Best.

“Papa, what do you mean?” Best asks.

“It’s is true that we had an affair and that fruit of that affair was Puifai. I and Ri are really a couple before Noom came but I ended up marrying Noom.” Alicia said.

Best and Puifai don’t know how to react.

……………………………………………………

After visiting their parents in the hospital, Best and Puifai are now heading back to the academy.

“Shall we eat first before going back to the academy? After all, it is a long way drive.” Puifai said.

“It’s up to you, since you’re the driver.” Best said.

The two quietly eat in the restaurant.

“After the revelation a while ago, I don’t know what to say.” Puifai said.

“I can’t believe we are sisters.” Best said.

“Me too.” Puifai said. “Although when we were kids, I used to wish that we were real sisters because I am not close with P’Paula.”

“And I also wished that you were my real sister because I am only daughter.” Best said.

“It’s not too late to bring back what we lost, right?” Puifai asks.

“Yes. I miss being with you, Puifai.” Best said.

“I miss you too, Best.” Puifai said.

……………………………………………………

Pink Fountain Dormitory…

Puifai and Best’s friends are shocked to see the two close to each other when they got back from Bangkok. The two came back almost missing the curfew and they are giggling.

“What’s wrong with you two?” Gypsy asks.

“Are you drunk?” Esther asks.

Puifai and Best’s look at each other and giggled.

“They are indeed drunk.” Mild said.