Chapter 16 - Side Story

Red Fountain Academy Series

“Jo, please assist the High School Student Council with the bags.” Ploynoii said.

“Ok.” Jo said and went to the bus.

“P’Mike, let me help you.” Jo said to Mike.

“Thank you, Jo.” Mike said. “Everyone is very excited and forgotten about the bags that need to put inside the compartment.”

“I agree.” Jo said.

“Mike, come here for a second.” Tao called him.

“Sorry, kiddo. The boss is calling me.” Mike said.

“I can manage.” Jo said.

Mike left him.

Jo continue with his doing when August came.

“Is your sister still close with the gangsters?” August asks while helping Jo with the bags.

“No. Ever since that day, she stopped getting involve with the gangsters.” Jo said.

“Good.” August said.

“Why?” Jo asks.

“I don’t want her to get involve again for the coming war.” August said.

“What war?” Jo asks.

But before August can answer him, someone called August.

……………………………………………………

Jo is somehow silent throughout the travel.

“Jo, are you ok?” Film asks.

“Huh? I’m fine.” Jo said.

“Guys, we are here!” Sakun said.

They all get out of the bus.

“We have some free time before the bonfire tonight. You can take a rest or walk around but try not to go far or you might be lost.” Ploynoii said.

“Sakun, let’s go to the lake.” Tonson said.

“Jo, do you want to walk around?” Film asks.

“I’m tired. I should just head back to the tent.” Jo said.

Film is worried about Jo but he knew that Jo needs to be alone.

……………………………………………………

Krist is in the gallery alone.

He removes the white cloth covering a painting. He stares the painting for a moment.

Just then, Gunsmile and Indy came.

“Krist, you have a visitor.” Indy said.

Krist covered the painting again.

“Cheer is back in Bangkok.” Focus said while walking towards the sofa and sits like she is used to that place.

“Why? I thought she is married.” Krist said.

“Maybe died again.” Focus said. “But now that she is here, War Blood Gang might start to show up again.”

“How can you say that? War Blood Gang doesn’t exist anymore.” Krist said.

“War Blood Gang has been silent after Napat and the others graduated but it doesn’t mean that they are not existing anymore.” Focus said. “They are just waiting for the right time. And it is coming soon.”

……………………………………………………

That night, Krist visits Singto and his family.

“I wanted to invite you for a dinner outside but auntie already cooked the dinner.” Krist said.

“Is there an occasion?” Erk asks.

“Nothing. I just want to treat you because I sold two paintings today.” Krist said.

“Congratulations.” Captain said. “We can celebrate some other time.”

“And it would be better if August will join us.” Erk said.

“Ma, P’Krist is treating us. We shouldn’t invite someone.” Singto said.

“I just want your brother to get to know Krist.” Erk said. “Krist is a very nice child. August should know that.”

……………………………………………………

Napat is in the bar when a woman in a y red dress approached him.

“Still drinking alone?” the woman asks.

Napat looks up and smirked.

“Welcome back… Cheer.” Napat said.

The woman in a y red dress smiled.

……………………………………………………

Tay and his friends are in the park.

“I heard that the student councils of Red Fountain Academy are bringing friends to their camping.” Pop said.

“So what?” Tay said.

“Mek is there.” Pop said.

“I see… the president brought him so he can’t cause trouble.” Tay said. “So boring…”

“Then, why don’t you attack the people who are here.” Someone said.

“P’Oh!” they all said.

“How are my little brothers?” Oh said.

“P, I didn’t know that you are back.” Tay said.

“I just got back yesterday. I have a meeting tomorrow with someone.” Oh said.

“Someone that we know?” Tay asks.

“Not actually. But you know someone that related to him.” Oh said. “So, why don’t we just go to the bar?”

“Sure.” Tay said.

……………………………………………………

Napat woke up and the first thing he noticed is the arm that is hugging him. When he look on his side, he saw Cheer sleeping.

He remembered last night. He is in the bar drinking alone when Cheer joins him.

After that, they went to his hotel suit on the top floor of the hotel while the bar locates on the ground floor of the hotel.

Napat gets up and went to the bathroom to shower.

While showering, Cheer joins him in the shower.

“How’s your husband?” Napat asks.

“Dead.” Cheer said.

“When?” Napat asks.

“3 days ago. Yesterday was his funeral and right after that I went here.” Cheer said.

“How did he died?” Napat asks.

“He died while sleeping.” Cheer said.

“I doubt it.” Napat said.

“Well, with some little help of a pillow.” Cheer said. “That old man will eventually die I just helped him to make his suffering short.”

Napat goes out of the bathroom.

Cheer followed him.

“I came back because of you.” Cheer said. “I still love you.”

“I still don’t love you.” Napat said while getting dress.

“You still love her, right? But I heard that she is still in love to a dead person.” Cheer said. “How long are you going to wait? Whatever you do, the only feeling that she feels towards you is hatred.”

Napat walks towards Cheer and choked her.

Cheer can’t breathe because of him.

“Focus is only mine and no one else. Do you think I will let James to beat me? He is already dead so Focus is now mine alone.” Napat said and released Cheer.

Cheer coughed.

“Y-You’re not alone who is obsessed with her and he will be back.” Cheer said.

Napat ignores her and left the room.

……………………………………………………

That night, Focus went to a bar to meet someone.

It didn’t take her long to see him.

“Are you already done with Cheer so you called me?” Focus asks.

“Are you jealous?” Napat asks.

Focus sat.

“In your dreams.” She said. “So, why did you call me?”

“He’s back.” He said.

“Who?” she asks.

“As if you don’t know. Ever since you came here, you are watching our moves.” He said.

She smirked.

“Because one of you killed James.” She said.

“Don’t you ever think that maybe it was not one of us who killed him? Are you sure that the only people there are the three gang groups?” he asks.

“What do you mean?” she asks.

“I am just saying that there might be someone else who was watching us that day. The reason why the police came.” He said.

Focus became silent. What if Napat is saying the truth? There was someone else except them.

Focus realized something.

……………………………………………………

The next day, Focus went to Alice’s house.

“Good morning, Mr. Tsoi. Is Alice there?” Focus asks.

“She is in the camping. They will be back later.” Pong said. “I can’t let you in since I am going out, too. I can tell Alice that you dropped by.”

“It’s ok. I will just call her. Thank you.” Focus said.

Focus is walking back to her car when Pong’s cellphone rings.

“Hello, Mr. Sapunpohng… Yes, I am on my way.” Pong said while getting inside his car.

Focus’ eyes widened when she heard the name that Alice’s dad said.

She gets inside her car and calls Krist.

“Krist, we need to talk. I’m coming to your gallery.” Focus said.

……………………………………………………

“Who are the people beside the three groups that knew that location?” Focus asks as soon as she arrives at Krist’s hideout.

“What are you talking about?” Krist asks.

“I am talking about the day that James died.” Focus said.

“Only the three gang groups knew that place.” Gunsmile said.

“Then, you’re wrong. There was someone knew that place and that someone called the police.” Focus said.

“That’s impossible.” Krist said.

“Possible.” Indy said.

“What do you mean?” Krist asks.

“Do you know that person?” Focus asks.

“We all know him.” Indy said.

……………………………………………………

Focus went to the cemetery to visit James’ grave.

She is getting near the grave when she noticed a man standing at the front of the grave.

“Who are you?” Focus asks.

The man looks at her and then quickly left.

Focus can’t see the man’s face because he is wearing a face mask but she remembers those eyes.

“James?” Focus said.

Focus tried to run after the man but his gone.

“Impossible. Those eyes.” Focus said.

……………………………………………………

Focus went to Krist’s house. She is now pressing the doorbell when a car stops at the front of the gate.

“P’Focus?” Sita said.

“Sita, I came to see Krist.” Focus said.

“I don’t know if he is in the house.” Sita said. “March, you can go now. Thanks for the ride.”

Sita gets her bag and opens the gate.

“Come in.” Sita said to Focus.

“Honey, welcome back.” Amy said. “And is she your friend?”

“She’s Krist’s friend.” Sita said. “Is Krist here?”

“I don’t know and I don’t care.” Amy said. “I’m going out. I am going to see Thorn’s mom.”

Sita rolled her eyes when her mom left.

“Let’s go.” Sita said to Focus.

They went to the small house at the back of the mansion.

“Maybe he is here. I saw his car and motorbike at the parking lot.” Sita said. “You can just knock on his door.”

“Ok, thank you.” Focus said.

……………………………………………………

Kik is cooking in the kitchen when she heard the door opened and closed.

She quickly goes out of the kitchen.

“Where have you been? He said not to let you out because if they see you, your plans will not work out.” Kik said.

“I’m sorry. I just visited the cemetery.” The guy said.

“What did you do there again?” Kik asks. “If someone sees you there, every one will know your secret.”

“Call him. I want to talk to him tomorrow.” The guy said and went to his room.

……………………………………………………

“What is it now?” Krist asks Focus.

“I went to James’ grave and I saw a man there.” Focus said.

“A man?” Krist asks.

“Yes. He was standing at the front of James’ grave. I asked him who he was. He looks at me but I can’t see his full face because he is wearing a mask… but his eyes.” Focus said.

“What about his eyes?” Krist asks.

“Those eyes are James’ eyes.” Focus said.

“Impossible.” Krist said.

“I know but I know those eyes. Those eyes that I always wanted to stare when James was still alive.” Focus said. “Krist, do you think that James is still alive?”

“Impossible. You saw that he was shot that day.” Krist said.

“But after that incident, his father didn’t allowed us to see his body.” Focus said.

“You know that his father is mad at us.” Krist said. “P’Focus, you are just seeing things. There’s no way that P’James will still be alive. And if he is really alive, why is he hiding?”

“You’re right but I am still bothered by that man.” Focus said.

“P’, don’t tell this to Mek. Who knows what he might do again.” Krist said.

“I won’t.” Focus said.

……………………………………………………

Focus is in the jewelry shop looking for something to buy and also looking for some inspiration for her new design.

Just then, she noticed a ring. She can’t help but to reminisce the past.

“James, look at this ring. Isn’t it beautiful?” Focus said to James when they went inside the jewelry shop.

“Do you like it?” James asks.

Focus nodded.

“Excuse me. May we look at that ring?” James asks the saleslady.

The saleslady took out the ring.

“It’s beautiful.” Focus said while trying the ring.

“We will take it.” James said.

Focus is surprised. “But James, you don’t need to buy this.”

James smiled. “Anything for my baby.”

“Do you want to try the ring, ma’am?” the saleslady interrupted Focus’ reminiscing.

“N-No. Thank you.” Focus said.

“It will look good on you.” Someone said from her back.

“Oh.” Focus said.

“How are you, Focus?” Oh asks.

Focus is about to leave but Oh stops her.

“What do you want?” Focus asks.

“You.” Oh said.

“What?” Focus asks.

“I left so Napat can marry you but he failed so now it is my turn.” Oh said.

“Whatever you do, I will never be yours.” Focus said and left.

……………………………………………………

Fon is in the bookstore buying too many manga. She is now going to the counter to pay for all the manga when she accidentally bumps into someone. All the manga she is holding fell on the floor.

“Watch where you going, will you?” Fon said while picking up all the manga.

“Yamato Nadeshiko? Seriously? You are reading this?” a familiar voice said.

Fon looks at the person who bumps her and she was shocked to see that it was Gunsmile.

Fon snatches the manga from Gunsmile.

“Stop judging me. What do you know about love?” Fon said and carries all the manga.

“I’ll help you.” Gunsmile said.

“No. don’t bother.” Fon said.

But Gunsmile is taking all the manga from Fon.

“I said don’t bother!” Fon said.

“Stop complaining.” Gunsmile said and take all the manga to the counter.

Fon is just silent while the cashier is scanning all the manga.

And when it is done, Fon is taking out her money from her wallet but Gunsmile is fast and pay all the manga.

Fon is dumbfounded.

“Bye.” Gunsmile said and left after paying all the manga.