Chapter 22 - The War

Red Fountain Academy Series

“So, what do you think, Mek? In exchange with your love ones, you will join me to fight the Silver Snake Gang. I know your relationship with your father. If you join me, you will get the revenge that you want. Remember that the reason why James’ killer is still free because your father stop the investigation.” Oh said.

“I may hate my father but there’s no way I will betray him.” Mek said.

“Then, I will take that as a no.” Oh said.

Oh raised his hand.

Just then, Alice and the others appeared along with Cheer.

Cheer is pointing the gun towards them.

“Mild!” Mek shouts.

“Mek!” Mild shouts.

“Oi, Oh! Release them. They are innocent.” Krist shouts.

“Don’t do stupid things or I’ll shoot each of them.” Cheer said.

“So, Mek… Have you decided? Is your answer still no?” Oh asks.

Mek is thinking what he will do.

“Oh! I can’t believe you will play dirty just to get what you want.” Napat said while walking towards Mek and the others.

“Napat! Finally you are here!” Oh said.

“Cheer, I can’t believe you betray me.” Napat said.

“If you just loved me the way I loved you, I will never betrayed you.” Cheer said. “But all you see is Focus! And this woman deserve to die!”

While Cheer is distracted with Napat, Focus attacked Cheer.

The two fight for the gun and suddenly… BANG!

Everyone is quiet. No one knows if someone got shot.

Just then Mild fell on the floor.

“Mild!” Alice said and checks on Mild.

Mild got shot on her side.

“That’s it! Kill them all!” Oh ordered his men.

Oh’s men attacked them.

“Mek, Tay is mine.” Krist said.

“All yours.” Mek said and starts to fight Tae.

“I always wanted to fight you.” Tae said.

“Then, show me what you’ve got.” Mek said.

……………………………………………………

Meanwhile, Focus got a chance to kick the gun away from Cheer.

“Alice, take Mild and Singto away from here.” Focus said while fighting Cheer.

Alice and Singto helped Mild while trying to get out of the warehouse.

But someone grabs Alice from her hair.

“You won’t get away easily.” Oh said.

“Singto, get out of here with Mild!” Alice shouts while being dragged by Oh.

Singto do what Alice said.

The fight continued. Despite of only few people, Mek and the others managed to defeat Oh’s men including the Hormone Gang.

“Enough! Everyone move and this girl will die!” Oh shouts while holding Alice and points a gun on her head.

Mek and the others stop fighting.

“I underestimate you all. I can’t believe you will defeat my men. But I have Plan B. And this time, you will all going to die.” Oh said.

Another batch of Oh’s men came and this time they are too many.

“Any last words?” Oh asks.

“We may die today but at least we will die fighting.” Krist said.

Oh smirked.

“Then, so be it.” Oh said.

Oh’s men are going to attack them when suddenly the door opened.

Everyone is shocked to see the person that arrived.

“Miss me?” James asks.

“James Thawornwong? There’s no way you will alive.” Oh said.

“Why? Are you disappointed that I am alive? I am sorry to disappoint you but I am very much alive after all these years. And this time, we will continue the fight that didn’t finish.” James said. “But this time, I brought new friends.”

Oaujun, Indy and Kik came.

Oh laughed.

“Seriously? They are your new friends? Even if you fight together, you are no match with my men.” Oh said.

“I am not just talking about them.” James said.

Just then, they all realized the men wearing black coats with a logo of the Silver Snake Gang around the warehouse.

“So, you manage to bring the Silver Snake Gang here. I wonder where the boss is.” Oh said.

“The boss will not appear here unless your boss is here.” James said.

“I guess we will just kill you all then.” Oh said.

“Then, I should kill this woman first.” Cheer said and attacks Focus said.

Focus kicks her that made Cheer fell on the floor.

Focus took that chance and runs towards where James and the others are.

Cheer saw her gun on the floor and took it. She aims it to Focus.

Napat saw Cheer and quickly runs towards Focus.

He hugs Focus just before Cheer shoot her.

Focus is confused.

“Napat?” she said.

Napat just smiled before falling down.

“Napat!” Focus cried while hugging Napat.

“At least I was able to experience you hugging me even for the last time.” Napat said.

“Don’t say that. You will be alive. We will take you to the hospital.” Focus said while crying.

“I’m sorry for the bad things I had done. Tell James… I’m sorry.” Napat said before closing his eyes.

Focus cried loud.

“Everyone, attack!” James shouts.

They all start to fight.

Alice escaped from Oh and attacks Cheer who is now sitting like a statue after realizing that she killed Napat.

“Krist! Mek! Indy! Gunsmile! You take the Hormone Gang. I’ll take Oh.” James said. “August, Oaujun and Kik, take Focus and Alice away from here. August, you need to get out of here. You’re a member of Student Council. It will not good for your reputation if you will stay here.”

“Let’s go.” Kik said to Oaujun and August.

“We’ll get Alice and you take Focus.” August said to Kik.

“Ok.” Kik said.

August is kicking their butts while they are going to Alice.

Alice is still slapping Cheer.

“Alice, let’s go.” Oaujun called her.

Alice stops and hugs him.

“We need to go.” August said.

“Where’s P’Focus?” Alice asks.

“She is with Aunt Kik.” Oaujun said.

The three left the warehouse along with Kik and Focus.

……………………………………………………

“What should we do? Mek and the others are still there.” Focus said.

“Alice!” Chippy called her while running towards them.

“Chippy, what are you doing here? It’s dangerous here.” Alice said.

“I followed Tay and the others here a while ago and I told this location to some member of Red Blood Gang.” Chippy said. “Also, I called someone in your student council.”

“Who?” August asks.

“A certain CEO March? He said that he will call the police.” Chippy said.

“We need to get out of here.” August said.

“But what about Mek and the others?” Alice asks.

“We need to call them.” August said. “I’ll go back.”

“Not necessary.” Someone said.

A guy in a suit said from their back.

“It is better for you to leave and we will take care of the things here.” The guy said.

“We are not leaving without our friends.” Oaujun said.

“They will be safe just before the police arrives. I promise that.” The guy said and walks towards the warehouse along with some men.

“Let’s go.” Chippy said. “Your two friends are in my car.”

“Mild and Singto?” Alice asks.

“Yes. The girl need to be in the hospital but she refuse to leave without making sure that you are all safe.” Chippy said.

“I’ll go with you.” Kik said.

……………………………………………………

They are now not too far away from the warehouse when they heard a loud explosion.

“What is that? Where did it come from?” Mild asks.

Singto saw black smoke through the side mirror.

“That’s where the warehouse is.” Singto said.

“What?! What about Mek? Is he still there?” Mild asks.

“Mild, I’m sure Mek will be alright. But right now, we need to get you to the hospital.” Kik said.

“But auntie!” Mild said.

“Mild, I’m sure that they are safe. P’Krist and the others will surely made it alive.” Singto said. ‘I hope so.’ He thought.

……………………………………………………

Pink Fountain Dormitory…

Gypsy is in the dining area with Esther and the others. They are worried about Mild and Alice.

“I hope that they are ok.” Mook said.

Gypsy holds Mook’s hands.

“Mek will surely protect them. He’s the best fighter, right?” Gypsy said.

Mook nodded.

“I don’t get it. So, Alice is a gangster?” Proud asks.

“Was a gangster.” Gypsy corrected. “I already told you what happened, right?”

“P’Gypsy! P’Gypsy!” Tonson shouts while running towards them with Jo.

“What?” Gypsy asks.

“You need to see this.” Tonson said and turn on the TV.

A news is being shown in the TV.

“A warehouse is on fire. Some witness said that they heard an explosion before the fire. Hours before the explosion, some witness noticed that men were coming in and out of the warehouse. The police still investigating the incident but some witness thought that some gangsters are the cause of it.”

“Alice…” Gypsy whispered.

……………………………………………………

Hospital…

Mild is now being treated when Gypsy and the others arrived.

“Alice!” Gypsy said.

She wanted to run but she can’t still walk properly.

“Gypsy!” Alice said and run towards her.

Gypsy hugs her tightly.

“Gypsy, what are you doing here? You know you can’t still walk properly.” Alice said.

“Do you really need to be worried about me? Don’t you know how worried I am when we found out that you got kidnapped?” Gypsy asks.

“But I am fine now. Mek and the others arrived in time to save us.” Alice said.

“I’m so glad that you are safe now.” Gypsy said. “What about Mild? Is she alright?”

“Her wound is being treated by the doctor now. She will be alright.” Alice said. “Do you have any news regarding about Mek and the others?”

Gypsy shook her head.

“CEO March will check it for sure.” Gypsy said.

“Alice, Gypsy, I need to go. I need to know what happened to James and the others.” Focus said.

“I want to come, too.” Alice said.

“You need to rest.” Focus said.

“And so do you.” Alice said.

“I just found out that James is alive and now I don’t know where he is. I don’t want to lose him again.” Focus said.

“Then, I am coming with you.” Oaujun said.

“Thank you.” Focus said.

……………………………………………………

“Do you think that Mek and the others made it out before the explosion?” Oaujun asks Focus.

“Yes. I know that James will not let his brother get hurt.” Focus said while driving. “If these things over, I will ask James to live far from gangsters.”

If these things over, I don’t know if Alice will still have the same feelings for me like before.” Oaujun whispered but Focus heard it.

“What do you mean?” Focus asks.

“Well, we found out the Mek broke up with Alice because he wants Alice to stop being a gangster. And now that we already know the truth, it is time for them to continue their relationship.” Oaujun said.

“I don’t think that it will happen. Mek already love Mild and the way I see it, Alice is already love you.” Focus said. “Just don’t give up on Alice. She has been hurt when Mek left her. You don’t know but when you and Alice’s fake relationship became real, she is so happy that she went to my apartment just to tell the good news.”

“She really did that?” Oaujun asks.

“Yes.” Focus said. “Oaujun, Alice is like a younger sister to me. Please don’t break her heart. She had been in one and I hope that it will be the first and last heartache.”

“There’s no way I will hurt her. I love Alice and all I want for her is to be safe.” Oaujun said.

……………………………………………………

2 weeks had been past and there’s no sign of James, Mek, Krist, Gunsmile and Indy.

Mild and the others are back in school. March managed to conceal the incident.

“Mild, you need to eat.” Esther said.

“I’m so worried about Mek. I don’t know where he is or he is alive.” Mild said.

“Mild, my father is doing everything to find them.” Mook said.

“And pa already hired someone to find them.” Gypsy said. “They will find them soon.”

……………………………………………………

Somewhere in Thailand…

Mek is looking at the ocean from the vacation house while thinking deeply.

“Mek.” James called him.

“P.” Mek said.

“Have you thought about it?” James asks.

Mek took a deep breath.

“I still don’t know.” Mek said.

“I know that it is hard that’s why I don’t want to force you.” James said. “But whatever your decision will be, we respect it.”

James left.

Then, Krist came.

“Have you decided?” Mek asks.

“Gunsmile and Indy already decided but I am still thinking about it.” Krist said.

“Because of Singto?” Mek asks.

“I promised him that after I graduate I will stop being a gangster.” Krist said. “What about you and Mild?”

“Mild is very important to me but if she will stay by my side, I don’t know what will happen. I don’t want her to get hurt because of me.” Mek said.

“She loves you so much. She may be a nagger but she might get hurt so much if you leave her.” Krist said.

Mek stares at ocean and thinks deeply.

……………………………………………………

That night, Mek, Krist, Gunsmile and Indy enter the study room.

James is waiting for them inside the study room.

“Have you decided?” James asks.

“Yes.” Mek said.