Chapter 2 - The Ambassadress and The Architect

Red Fountain Academy Series

Two days before the school starts, both old and new students are arriving to the Red Fountain Dormitories.

Cars are lining up on the side of the street.

But everyone’s attention caught by the expensive cars entering the gate of the dormitory.

The first car stops at the front of the Pink Fountain Dormitory. Gypsy came out.

She is taking out her luggage when someone hugs her from the back.

She sighed because she knows who it is.

“Jes, remove your arms.” She warned him.

“Don’t you miss me, baby?” Jes asks.

She faces him while carrying her luggage.

“No!” she said and drops the luggage on Jes’s feet.

Jes almost cursed when he felt the heavy luggage on his feet.

“Is this the way to show me how much you love me?” Jes asks.

“If I really love you, I would have killed you since we enter the university.” She said and took the luggage.

She was about to go when she forgot something.

“Oh? Please park my car.” She said and throw the car keys to him.

Jes catches the keys.

Gypsy went inside the Pink Fountain Dormitory. In there, new students are busy finding their rooms.

A cute girl came to her.

“Welcome back, Ms. Ambassadress.” The girl said.

Name: Sushar Manaying aka Aom

Description: The Pink Fountain Dorm’s Keeper

“Aom, please stop calling me that. And what is that big tarpaulin at the gate of the university? It is kinda embarrassing.” Gypsy said.

While on her way to the dormitory, she saw the big tarpaulin of her and Push at the gate of the university.

“It’s the School Director’s idea.” Aom said.

“Urgghh! Auntie.” Gypsy said.

“Anyway, at the school start, there will be an opening ceremony. You and Push will be on the stage with the professors, directors and etc.” Aom said.

“What about the presentation of the clubs?” Gypsy asks.

“They are cancelling it since booths around the university will scattered to introduce the clubs.” Aom said.

“Ok…” Gypsy said. “Well, how’s the preparation for the party?”

“The sound systems are already arrived. They are being set up at the lounge area. And as for the foods, mix of Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Thai foods. The foods will arrive at 5:00.” Aom said.

“Ok. Good. I’ll just be in my room. If you need anything, call me.” Gypsy said and went inside the elevator.

……………………………………………………

Gypsy is unpacking her things when Proud suddenly enters her room and runs straight to the bathroom.

“Proud?” Gypsy called her. She followed her to the bathroom and she saw Proud at the front of the toilet bowl.

“Oh shoot! Proud, for Alice’s sake it is daytime. Did you went to the club last night?” Gypsy said.

“Oi! I heard my name again.” Alice said. Alice and Puifai are arrived.

“What’s wrong with Proud?” Gypsy asks while going out of the bathroom.

“Our dear Alice finally got her driver’s license and to celebrate it, she drove her new car from Bangkok to here with her only passenger, Proud.” Puifai said.

“Oh my gee! Congrats, sissy!” Gypsy said. “But what happened to Proud?”

“I always step on the break but it is only 5 times.” Alice said.

“10 times!” Proud shouts from the bathroom.

The three girls are trying not to laugh.

“I’m good now.” Proud said. “I’ll just go to my room.”

“Ok. Bye, sissy!” they said.

“Let’s start unpacking too?” Puifai asks.

“Yeah, sure.” Alice said.

“How’s the preparation for the tonight’s party?” Gypsy asks.

“The DJ is me so I’m ready.” Alice said.

“This will be our last welcome party.” Puifai said.

“No, it isn’t. We are still here for college, right?” Gypsy said.

Alice and Puifai avoid her eyes.

“Wait a minute. I have a bad feeling. What is it? Tell me.” Gypsy said.

“My dad wants me to study in Bangkok.” Alice said.

“Me too.” Puifai said.

“What? But we are all agreed that we are going to stay here.” Gypsy said.

“Yeah but my older brother and older sister both studied in the same university and that’s where dad and mom used to study too. They want me to follow their path.” Puifai said.

Gypsy felt disappointed.

“But maybe we can change our parents’ mind.” Alice said when she saw her disappointed.

“Never mind.” Gypsy said.

……………………………………………………

Blue Fountain Dormitory…

After parking Gypsy’s car, Jes went to his room. His roommates are already there.

“Hey, Nichkhun! Nice to see you again.” Jes said. “Did you get Yoona’s number for me?”

“Even if I know her number, I would not give it to you.” Nichkhun said. “Come on, you already have Gypsy.”

“It is just a one-sided love.” Oaujun said.

Jes throws a shoe to Oaujun.

“It is not a one-sided love.” Jes said. “In fact, I have her car keys.”

He shows Gypsy’s car keys.

“And I am sure that she asked you to park her car.” Oaujun said.

“You’re ruining my mood.” Jes annoyingly said.

“Why are you always stuck up with Gypsy? She doesn’t even like you.” Nichkhun said.

“She loves me but she doesn’t realize it yet.” Jes said.

“We are graduating soon. Don’t tell me you will stay here to follow her.” Oaujun said.

“I will study my college here because I want to, not that I am following her.” Jes said. “What about you?”

“I don’t have any plans yet.” Oaujun said.

“Nichkhun, you? Are you going back to South Korea?” Jes asks.

“Of course. I have work there.” Nichkhun said.

“But Jes, I don’t know if it is true, dad asked me once if I am close with Gypsy and when I told him not really, he told me it is a waste.” Oaujun said.

“What do you mean?” Jes asks.

“Because if I am close with Gypsy, my dad can have a chance to ask her parents to let me marry her.” Oaujun said.

“You wouldn’t, right?” Jes said in a serious tone.

“I told you I am not close with her and beside I don’t like her.” Oaujun said. “And also, I think that her parents are thinking to choose a guy from a wealthy family.”

“Gypsy is only mine and I am from a wealthy family too.” Jes said.

“Bro, you sound possessive.” Nichkhun said.

“I can be possessive it comes to her.” Jes seriously said.

……………………………………………………

After unpacking her things, Gypsy went out of the dorm to look around and also to cool down. She is disappointed with her friends because ever since they became friends they decided not to leave Red Fountain Academy until college but it changed now.

Not too far from her, she saw Thorn in the man-made river calling for Esther but she doesn’t saw Esther anywhere.

“OMG! Thorn, just what are you doing?” she asks.

“Yah… Help me.” Thorn said.

“And get wet just like you? No way.” Gypsy said.

Thorn splashed some water to Gypsy.

Gypsy screamed.

“Yah! Stop it!” Gypsy said.

“Are you going to help me or not?” Thorn asks.

“Urgghh! Fine!” Gypsy said. She removes her 3-inched high heels shoes and helped Thorn.

But Thorn is being naughty. When Gypsy reached her hand to him, he pulled her into the water.

“Yah! Shaun Jindachot!” Gypsy said.

“Sometimes you need to enjoy yourself.” Thorn said and laughed.

Gypsy smiled but she is hiding it.

“See? You’re smiling.” Thorn said.

“No!” Gypsy said but she’s smiling.

Thorn splashed some water to her.

Gypsy did it too to him.

……………………………………………………

Jes went back to the Pink Fountain Dormitory to give the car keys to Gypsy.

“She wasn’t here. She left after unpacking her things.” Alice said.

“Do you know where she went?” Jes asks.

Alice shook her head. “Actually, maybe she is trying to cool down. She must be disappointed.” Alice said.

“Why?” Jes asks.

“We told her that we are not going to study here after the graduation and she is disappointed.” Alice said.

“She will be disappointed. You promised that you will still be together until college.” Jes said.

“We really wanted to study here but our parents already decided.” Alice said. “Jes, I don’t want seeing Gypsy disappointed. Will you talk to her?”

“I’ll try.” Jes said.

“Thanks.” Alice said.

Jes left the dormitory and walks around.

“Maybe she is going to her secret garden.” Jes said.

He is now walking near the small bridge when he heard her laugh. He even smiled just to hear her laugh. He walks faster but only get stop when he saw her playing with Thorn in the man-made river.

“Stop it, Thorn.” Gypsy said.

She seems enjoy it much.

“You should laugh more often. It makes you more beautiful.” Thorn said.

Jes controlled his jealousy before going to the bridge.

“Gypsy!” he called her.

The two stop playing.

“Get out of the water or you’ll get sick.” Jes seriously said.

“Tsk! What are you? My father?” Gypsy asks while walking towards the bridge.

Jes grabs her arms and lift her up.

“Oi! Put me down!” Gypsy was shocked.

Jes put her down.

“Look at you? You’re wet! You’re the niece of the school director and also the ambassadress. What will the new students think of you?” Jes is scolding her.

“You’re not my father so stop acting like one.” Gypsy said.

She took her shoes and starts walking barefooted.

“Bro, I’m sorry. It was my fault why she got wet.” Thorn said.

“If I don’t know that you love Esther, I would think that you like Gypsy.” Jes said and follows Gypsy.

He lifted Gypsy and carry her like a bride.

“Hey! Jes! Put me down.” Gypsy said.

“I am angry and jealous so better be quiet or else.” Jes warned her.

“What?” Gypsy asks.

“I kiss you.” Jes said. “On second thought, keep yelling so I can kiss you.”

Gypsy shuts .

……………………………………………………

Gypsy isn’t talking until they arrived at the dormitory. The students are looking at them.

Jes put her down when they are at the front of her room.

“Take a shower and I’ll wait for you.” Jes said.

“You don’t need to wait for me.” Gypsy said.

“We will talk after you change.” Jes said and sat on the bed.

Gypsy went to the bathroom.

Jes looks around the room. Pictures of Gypsy and her friends are hanging on the wall and some are on the dresser and night table.

Jes knew Gypsy since they were young. Gypsy grew up like a princess and she doesn’t have any friends except him. Other kids don’t like playing with her because of her status but not him. When they enter Red Fountain Academy, Gypsy met Puifai and became friends until they met other new friends. That time, Jes starting to show Gypsy his feelings but Gypsy always reject him but even though she acts like that towards him, every time Gypsy has a problem, she always go to Jes.

After a quick shower, Gypsy came out wearing new clothes.

Jes smiles after seeing her.

“Why are you smiling?” Gypsy asks.

“I wonder why you are wearing heavy make-up when you are beautiful with bare face.” Jes said.

“Oh please… I am not. Guys like me with make-up.” Gypsy said.

“I am different.” Jes said.

“Pfft!” Gypsy said and starts applying make-up.

“I really like you without make-up.” Jes said.

“Because you already know me since I was young and you already get used with my bare face.” Gypsy said.

“Sometimes, what’s inside is important than the outside.” Jes said.

“Whatever.” Gypsy said. “Did you wait for me just to talk about my face?”

“No. Alice told me that you’re disappointed that she and Puifai are not going to continue their studies here.” Jes said.

“Oh that…” Gypsy said.

“I know you are disappointed but sometimes you must accept the fact that not all you want you get.” Jes said.

“I am not the only one who wants it. We made a promised but they are going to break it.” Gypsy said.

“You need to understand them. It is a family matter.” Jes said.

“I am trying. That’s why I am walking around a while ago to calm myself.” Gypsy said.

“Then, I saw you with Thorn. I know that you and Esther are enemies but do you need to use Thorn to win against her?” Jes said.

Gypsy’s eyes widened. “FYI, I and Thorn are friends and you know that. I can’t believe that you are thinking something bad like that.” Gypsy said.

Gypsy finished applying her make-up and left.

Jes sighed.

……………………………………………………

Gypsy went to her secret garden. It is located in the centre of Green Fountain Paradise. Gypsy doesn’t know why no one discovers it. She thinks that the only people that know it are the people who made it.

“Jes is so stupid. How can he accused me like that? He’s my best friend.” Gypsy said.

Gypsy took a deep breath before leaving the secret garden. She needs to prepare for the party tonight.

……………………………………………………

She went back to her room and saw Puifai and Alice there.

“Gypsy…” Alice worriedly said.

“I’m fine. You don’t need to get worried. I’m sorry if I got disappointed. I should understand you and not to get disappoint.” Gypsy said.

Puifai hugs her.

“Our little girl is big girl now.” Puifai said.

“Stop it. I am not a little girl.” Gypsy said.

“But for us, you are.” Alice said.

Gypsy pouts.

Puifai and Alice laughed.

“Look at you. You look like a kid.” Alice said.

Gypsy smiled.

“I’m gonna miss you once you leave.” Gypsy said.

“We can still hang out every weekend.” Puifai said.

“I like that.” Gypsy said. “We should rest a bit so we can have energy for the party tonight.”

“You’re right.” Puifai said.

……………………………………………………

Jes went back to the Blue Fountain Academy. He went to the garden and saw Oaujun there.

“What’s wrong?” Oaujun asks.

“I just saw Thorn and Gypsy in the river playing.” Jes said.

“So?” Oaujun asks. He knew that Jes is being jealous without a reason.

“That guy is a playboy. He knew I like Gypsy and I knew he likes Esther but he is still flirting to other girls.” Jes said.

“Come on. Relax. Thorn’s family and Gypsy’s family are close. There’s nothing wrong if they are close too.” Oaujun said.

“It is not wrong for Gypsy’s side but for Thorn? Oh! I can’t imagine it!” Jes said.

“Jes, Gypsy is smart. She will not put herself in trouble especially that everyone knows that Esther is Thorn’s ex-girlfriend. And we all know that Gypsy and Esther are enemies.” Oaujun said.

“I hope Thorn knew what he is doing because if not… I will forget that he is the principal’s nephew.” Jes said.

Jes went inside the dormitory while Oaujun just sighed while watching Jes’s leaving. Jes is really possessive it comes to Gypsy.

“Good thing I am not that kind of guy.” Oaujun whispered.

……………………………………………………

Jes is going to his room when Thorn came.

“Jes, I’m sorry.” Thorn said.

“You should be.” Jes said.

He opens the door of his room and went inside. Thorn followed him.

“Just to clarify, I only see Gypsy as a sister. You knew that our families are friends. I knew Gypsy since we were young.” Thorn said.

“Same goes to me. I knew Gypsy since we were young. I am her first best friend.” Jes said.

“But we are different. You love her while I love Esther.” Thorn said.

“If you still have feelings for Esther, stop being close to Gypsy. If Esther saw you two what you are doing a while ago, it will make things worst between Esther and Gypsy.” Jes said.

“I know and I will try not to make things worse.” Thorn said.

Nichkhun came in.

“Thorn, what happened to you?” Nichkhun asks.

“Esther pushed me until I fell in the river.” Thorn said.

“You need to get change.” Nichkhun said.

“I will. I just talked to Jes.” Thorn said.

“About what?” Nichkhun asks.

“Not important.” Thorn said and left the room.

“Not important but he didn’t bother to change first before talking to you.” Nichkhun said.

“Don’t mind him.” Jes said.

“It is about Gypsy, right?” Nichkhun asks.

“I need a strategy on how to make her fall in love to me.” Jes said. “She always treat me as a best friend.”

“Have you ever thought that Gypsy might be afraid that if you two became a couple and eventually break up, your friendship will be gone?” Nichkhun asks.

“Impossible.” Jes said.

“Gypsy is comfortable with you because she thinks that you are her best friend. If you two become a couple and later on break up, Gypsy will never lost a boyfriend but also a best friend.” Nichkhun said.

“That will never happen. I will be her boyfriend and best friend.” Jes said.