Chapter 21 - Side Story

Red Fountain Academy Series

After the ruined party, Gypso went to the study room to see her father. When she enters the room, her father is sitting on his favorite office chair.

“I…” Moo started.

Gypso is nervous while waiting for her father’s word.

“I… am sorry for what I’ve said.” Moo said.

Gypso blinks her eyes two times to see if she is not dreaming.

“I should have been fair and listen to your side.” Moo apologetic said.

“Pa, that’s enough. I am not used in seeing you like that. I already used on your loud voice telling me why can’t I be like my sisters, or stop going to the club. You know, the usual you when it comes to me.” Gypso said.

“Ramita…” Moo said.

Gypso just smiled.

“Ok, fine. But since the truth has finally been revealed, those two will be expelled and you can go back to the academy.” Moo said.

“Thanks, pa.” Gypso said. “Can I go now?”

“There are two more thing: be a good girl and congrats of getting the role as the high school Anne Mahapreukpong.” Moo said.

Gypso smiled. “Thank you.”

……………………………………………………

Red Fountain Academy…

“I miss cupcake.” Lisa said. She and her friends are at the Pee Mak Lake.

“I still can’t believe that she sacrifice herself for us.” Bambam said.

“Gypso-ah, bogoshipda!” Sorn yells meaning I miss you in korean.

“I miss you too, my besties.” Gypso said from their back.

The three turned around and saw Gypso standing there.

“Gypso!!!” they screamed and they all run toward her to hug her.

“We miss you, cupcake!” Lisa said while kissing her cheeks.

“I miss you, too.” Gypso said.

“But wait! What happened? Why are you here?” Bambam asks.

They released Gypso from their hugs.

“I came here to say goodbye.” Gypso sadly said.

“Eh? But why?” Sorn asks.

“Then, you are really leaving?” Lisa asks.

“I came here to say goodbye to…” Gypso said and looks at them. The three are holding their breath and waiting for her next words.

“To Bright and Praew because they will packed their bags and leave Red Fountain Academy permanently.” Gypso said.

The three’s eyes widened.

“Oh.My.Gee.” Sorn said.

“What happened?” Bambam asks.

“I’ll tell you while we are walking back to the dormitory to witness their goodbyes.” Gypso said.

……………………………………………………

College Town…

Amp is tapping the pen on his table while waiting for the class to end. He is already done copying the notes but their professor doesn’t let them dismiss early.

“Mr. Phurikulkrit, if you are done, you can leave now. You are disturbing me with your noise there.” The professor said.

Name: Cheranut Yusanonda aka Namcha

Description: Clubber Professor

“Thank you, Prof. Namcha.” Amp said and left the room.

“Prof. Namcha, can I leave now too?” Note asks.

“Stay.” Namcha said to Note like she is talking to a dog.

Note pouts.

……………………………………………………

The students that doesn’t have class that time are outside the dormitories and that includes Gypso and her friends.

The school director and the principal are coming out from the two dormitories behind them are Bright and Praew.

“The Red Fountain Academy doesn’t deserve to have students like you. You are young but your evil plans are unimaginable!” Vichuda said. “And you, Principal Supoj, just because a girl is crying, you just accused my niece just like that.”

“I am ashamed of what I did, School Director Vichuda. I am very sorry.” Supoj said.

“Don’t apologize to me. Apologize to my niece.” Vichuda said.

Supoj looks at Gypso.

“I am sorry for not believing you, Ms. Ramita.” Supoj said.

“And?” Gypso said.

“For calling you a liar.” Supoj said.

“And?” Gypso said.

“And for shouting at you.” Supoj said.

“And?” Gypso said.

“Did I forgotten something?” Supoj asks.

“For telling me that I use my surname to disrespect you. I never use my surname to anyone.” Gypso said.

“Yes. That. I’m sorry for telling you that you are using your surname to disrespect me.” Supoj said.

“Apology accepted.” Gypso said.

“Mr. Wichawet and Ms. Chaisang, you should apologize to my niece.” Vichuda said.

“No need, auntie. Watching them leaving is enough. Right, guys?” Gypso said.

“Right.” Lisa, Sorn and Bambam said.

Bright and Praew left the Red Fountain Academy.

“Principal Supoj, follow me to my office.” Vichuda said and left.

Supoj followed her.

“Let’s go to the cafeteria.” Gypso said.

“Yeah.” They agree.

They are now going to the cafeteria when Amp came.

“Welcome back, strawberry shortcake.” Amp said.

Gypso feels awkward.

“Uhmm… Thanks.” She said and walks away.

Lisa and the two followed her.

“What was that?” Lisa asks.

“What what?” Gypso asks.

“You are awkward to P’Amp. That never happened before.” Lisa said.

“You’re just imagining things.” Gypso said.

“No, we’re not.” Lisa said.

“Guys, I’m hungry.” Gypso said.

Her friends decided not to force her.

……………………………………………………

Mike went to his room and saw Singto there. “Oh? We don’t have upcoming exams, why are you here?” Mike asks.

Singto usually doesn’t stay in the dorm at night if there is no exam.

“I just want to sleep here.” Singto said.

“I’m curious.” Mike said. “Where do you sleep if you’re not here? I’m sure not in your girlfriend because you don’t have one. You like Esther.”

“I’m staying with my friend. He is alone in his room so I stay there to accompany him. And as for Esther, I decided to forget her. She and Shaun are ok now.” Singto said.

“You will find another girl.” Mike said and went to the bathroom.

Just then, Jes knocks on the door.

Singto opens the door.

“Is Mike here?” Jes asks.

“He’s in the bathroom.” Singto said.

“Then, I’ll just give this to you. It is a flyer. Don’t go out of academy at night. Lately, there are fights between the gang members. You might get hurt if you are outside the academy.” Jes said.

“Ok.” Singto said.

Jes left.

Singto closes the door while reading the flyer.

“Gang members?” he said.

He remembers Krist and Gunsmile. He is worried about them.

……………………………………………………

Saturday…

Gypso just came back from shopping with her friends when she noticed an unfamiliar car parked outside the mansion.

“Good evening, Khun’ Gypso. Do you want me to set up the table?” the butler asks when he came out to greet her.

“No, I’m good.” Gypso said. “Tum, who’s the visitor of pa?”

“A son of his friend.” The butler said.

“Ah… I see…” Gypso said and went to her room.

After changing her clothes, she goes out of her room. She is going down the stairs when the door of the study room opens.

Amp and Moo came out.

“P’Amp?” she whispered.

“I’ll go ahead.” Amp said to Moo.

“Ok.” Moo said.

Amp go out without noticing Gypso.

Moo went upstairs and saw Gypso standing there.

“Oh? You’re here. It is still early.” Moo said.

“Just for a change.” Gypso said and went to the kitchen.

……………………………………………………

Gypso and her friends don’t have a class because of the faculty meeting. She went to the College Town to find Amp. She saw him with his classmates.

“P’Amp, can we talk?” Gypso asks.

“Sure.” Amp said.

Gypso and Amp walk away from Amp’s friends.

“What is it?” Amp asks. “Is it about what happened-”

“I don’t want to talk about it. I want to ask you what you are doing in our house last Saturday night.” Gypso said. “I saw you and pa came out from the study room.”

“Ah… I am a trainee in Silver Fountain Co.” Amp said. “Uncle Moo called me to talk about the business.”

“That’s it?” Gypso asks.

Amp nodded.

“Now, can we talk about-”

“Amp!” Sita called him. “I’ve been looking everywhere for you. CEO March wants to talk to us.”

“Ok.” Amp said.

Gypso just left without saying goodbye.

“That’s weird.” Sita said.

“What?” Amp asks.

“Isn’t that Ramita?” Sita asks.

“Yes.” Amp said.

“Why is she here?” Sita asks.

“She just asked me something.” Amp said. “Anyway, what is CEO March wants?”

“He will probably talk about the gang fights that happening around.” Sita said.

“I’m a secretary. He should talk to Hunz.” Amp said.

“Amp…” Sita is warning him.

“Just kidding.” Amp said.

“Let’s back to Ramita. What’s the status between you and her?” Sita asks.

“None. Gypso is like a little sister to me.” Amp said.

“If it was Hunz who said that, I’ll believe that but you? No.” Sita said. “Obviously you like the girl.”

“I am not.” Amp said.

“You’re not or you can’t?” Sita asks. “I know that you have a responsibility but if you follow it, will you be happy?”

“How about if I return your question to you but this time it is CEO March?” Amp asks.

“Hey! Don’t just change the topic!” Sita said.

“Stop asking questions. We’re here.” Amp said and went inside the room.

……………………………………………………

Gypso went to the convenient store to buy a strawberry milk. When she arrived there, Singto and his parents are getting ready to close the store.

“Oh! Is it closing?” Gypso asks.

“Almost.” Singto said.

Gypso quickly get the strawberry milk.

“I run out of strawberry milk.” Gypso said while paying at the cashier.

“Is she your girlfriend, Singto?” his mother asks.

“Ma, no!” Singto said.

“I’m his friend.” Gypso said. “I’m Ramita Mahapreukpong.”

“Mahapreukpong? Then you must be.” His father said.

“The second daughter of Dilok Mahapreukpong.” Gypso said.

“Oh my… I didn’t know that my son has a friend from Mahapreukpong’s family.” His father said. “I thought he is a loner and only focus on his studies.”

“Pa, I have friends from Science Club.” Singto said.

“Do you know that Singto doesn’t go out at weekend? He doesn’t go to Bangkok and stays at his dormitory room.” His mother said.

“Really?” Gypso asks. “You should sometimes hang out with us, P’Singto. After all, you and Bambam are roommates.”

“That’s a good idea.” His mother said.

“I think we need to go now. It is almost time for the curfew.” Singto said.

“Oh, ok.” His mother said.

Singto and Gypso left.

“Why did you lie to them? You don’t really sleep in the dorm.” Gypso said.

“How did you know?” Singto asks.

“You’re Bambam’s roommate.” Gypso said.

Just then 4 guys block their way.

“Are you Prachaya Ruangroj?” the guy asks.

“Yes. And who are you?” Singto bravely asks.

“I’m Napat Chokejindachai.” The guy said.

Name: Napat Chokejindachai aka Pop

Description: Vihokratana’s Pride

“If I am not mistaken you are known as the Vihokratana’s Pride.” Singto said.

“Vihokratana? You’re not talking about the Vihokratana International Academy?” Gypso asks.

The guy smirked.

“Glad you know me.” He said.

“What do you want?” Singto asks.

“Your boyfriend, Perawat Sangpotirat, has a debt to us and we are here for that debt.” He said.

“Why don’t you see him? Leave us alone.” Singto said.

Pop walks towards him.

“You will pay that debt.” He said and punches Singto to his stomach.

Gypso screamed when Singto fell on his knees.

“P’Singto!” Gypso said. She was about to help her when Pop talks.

“Sky! Tor! Hold that girl!” Pop said.

The two guys came to Gypso’s side and hold her arms.

“Tor, this girl is pretty. Shall we make fun of her?” the guy called Tor asks.

Name: Thanapob Leeratanakajorn aka Tor

Description: Vihokratana’s Playboy

“I agree.” The guy called Sky said.

Name: Wongrawee Nateeton aka Sky

Description: Vihokratana’s Right Hand Man

“After this, you can have fun all you want to her.” Pop said and kicks Singto that made Singto lie on the ground.

“Tae, it’s your turn.” Pop said. “Make him not to stand up.”

“No problem.” The guy said in English.

Name: Teetat Janyasirigoon aka Tae

Description: Vihokratana’s Fighter

Tae grabs Singto’s hair and pull him up and punch his face.

Gypso screams again.

“Stop it!” she shouts. “Help! Help!”

They are near at the gate of the academy so the guards might heard them.

……………………………………………………

Meanwhile, Hunz and Amp are checking the surroundings around the academy when they noticed the two unconscious guards.

“What happened to them?” Amp asks.

“Someone must have knocked them down.” Hunz said.

“Help! Help!”

They heard a voice not too far from them.

“Gypso.” Hunz and Amp said.

They run towards the voice.

They saw the two guys holding Gypso, a guy hurting Singto and another guy watching them.

“Hey!” they shout.

……………………………………………………

“Hey!” Pop heard Hunz and Amp.

“Someone’s coming. Let’s go.” Pop said and walks away.

The three followed him.

Gypso quickly check on Singto.

“P’Singto.” Gypso worriedly said.

“Gypso!” Hunz and Amp called her.

“P’Hunz! P’Amp!” Gypso said.

Hunz runs towards her and hugs her.

Amp felt jealous but ignore it.

“We need to take him to the hospital.” Amp said.

……………………………………………………

At the hospital, Singto’s father and mother arrived.

“What happened to our son?” Singto’s father asks.

“Guys from other school hurt him.” Gypso said.

“If we didn’t came, maybe it is too late.” Hunz said. “These past few days, gang groups are everywhere. It is not safe for the students to go out late at night.”

“He shouldn’t have helped us closing the store.” Singto’s mother said.

The doctor came out from the emergency room.

“He’s safe now. He just need to stay in the hospital for a couple of days.” The doctor said.

“Thank you, doctor.” Singto’s father said.

“We’d better go.” Amp said.

“Thank you for helping our son.” Singto’s father said.

Amp, Hunz and Gypso left.


Trivia #21

The names of the guys in P.C.A are from the crushes of mine and my friends.