Chapter 17 - The DJ and The King of Dance

Red Fountain Academy Series

“What did Oaujun see to Alice? She is not that beautiful and she is skinny.” Mind said while in the cafeteria with Wawa and Bifern.

“Maybe your ex wants to be popular so he sticks with that skinny.” Wawa said.

“If you didn’t leave, Oaujun is still probably yours.” Bifern said.

“It was my moment to shine so I grab the opportunity but I didn’t know that the agency is going to bankrupt. I was supposed to debut but that stupid agency is already down.” Mind said.

“Well, it is your fault. Oaujun already told you not to trust them but you still insisted.” Bifern said.

“Stop lecturing me.” Mind said.

……………………………………………………

“Urghh! That Alice really annoys me. Why is she always with Oaujun?” Bella said.

She is in the restroom with Ploy and Weerawatnodom.

“Obviously she is P’Oaujun’s girlfriend.” Ploy said.

“Shut up, Ploy!” Bella yells.

“Don’t shout at Ploy. She is just telling the truth.” Weerawatnodom said.

“I am just annoyed. Oaujun is probably already mine if that Alice didn’t come to his life.” Bella said.

“Actually, Oaujun and Alice knew each other before he joins the group and meet us.” Weerawatnodom said.

“If I will have a chance, I will do anything to ruin their relationship.” Bella said.

Weerawatnodom and Ploy look at each other.

“Ploy, let’s go back to our rooms.” Weerawatnodom said.

The two left Bella in the restroom.

Just then, Mind came out from one of the cubicles.

“You are Oaujun’s ex, right?” Bella asks.

“Yes and I think we both want only one thing and that is to ruin Alice.” Mind said.

“Do you know how?” Bella asks.

“Yes and I know the only one thing that can ruin her.” Mind said.

“What?” Bella asks.

“Her friends.” Mind said.

……………………………………………………

“Don’t forget your project. Importantly, every member of the group must work.” Toni said. “End of the class.”

“Jes, how about-” Oaujun is currently talking to Jes about their project when Tao came to their classroom.

“Oaujun, come with me.” Tao said.

Oaujun follows Tao.

“Did Oaujun done something wrong?” Alice asks.

“Maybe Pres. Tao wants to discuss something to him.” Gypsy said but she knew very well why Tao wants to talk to Oaujun.

……………………………………………………

Tao and Oaujun went to the back of the building.

“Let me guess, Gypsy told you.” Oaujun said.

“Then, I will get straight to the point.” Tao said. “Stay out of it.”

“Alice is my best friend.” Oaujun said.

“And the more reason that you should stay out of it.” Tao said. “If I find out that you are still trying to know what we are hiding, you will be suspended.”

“What if I will tell this to CEO March?” Oaujun asks.

“Go on.” Tao said and left.

Oaujun cursed.

……………………………………………………

Blue Fountain Dormitory…

“Can’t you convince Gypsy?” Oaujun is talking to Jes. He wants Jes to help him.

“Bro, it comes to Gypsy’s friends, I can’t do anything. Gypsy protects her friends.” Jes said. “Actually, there’s one thing you need to do so Gypsy will tell you everything.”

“What is it?” Oaujun asks.

“Tell Gypsy what you really feels towards Alice.” Jes said.

“What do you mean?” Oaujun asks.

“Jes, Pres. Tao is looking for you.” Mike said while looking at them from the open door.

“I’m coming.” Jes said and left.

……………………………………………………

Pink Fountain Dormitory…

Gypsy is alone in the swimming pool area that night when Som joins her.

“Hey.” Som said and sat next to her at the side of the pool.

“How’s Neen?” Gypsy asks.

“Fine.” Som said. “Why are you not sleeping?”

“Can’t sleep. I have lots of thoughts in my mind.” Gypsy said. “I am thinking that why these are happening now that we are graduating soon.”

“Maybe it is a test. Just hold on and everything will end.” Som said. “If you need someone to talk to, I am here. I am just moving a distant in our group but you can still talk to me.”

“Thank you, Som.” Gypsy said.

“I’d better go back to my room. Neen might go out if she doesn’t see me.” Som said.

“Ok. Good night.” Gypsy said.

“Good night.” Som said.

Som left.

“Right. To protect everyone, I should do what I can do.” Gypsy said.

……………………………………………………

Alice is going to the library when Mind and Bella block her path.

“Oh wow! What is this? You are joining forces to beat me?” Alice asks.

“Actually, we are not the enemies here.” Mind said.

“Oh really? Then, who?” Alice asks.

Bella showed her a video clip.

You used us to become famous and become the ambassadress.” Puifai said to Gypsy.

The video clip is showing the confrontation of Puifai and Gypsy.

Gypsy slaps Puifai.

Thanks a lot, Puifai. You showed me that you are not worthy to be my best friend.” Gypsy said and walks away.

Alice is speechless after watching the clip.

“It seems that your oh-so-perfect group wasn’t perfect at all. The ambassadress used all of you so she can be popular.” Mind said.

Alice walks away.

Mind and Bella smiled. They know that their plan worked.

……………………………………………………

The next day, Alice goes to their classroom earlier than Gypsy. When Gypsy arrived in their classroom and was about to sit on her usual seat next to Alice, Alice stopped her.

“Oaujun will be sitting there from now on.” Alice said.

“What? Alice.” Gypsy said.

“So, you used us so you can be the ambassadress?” Alice asks.

“What? How did you know that? Who told you?” Gypsy asks.

Alice shows the video clip on her cellphone that Mind sent to her last night.

“And you really slapped Puifai for telling her the truth.” Alice said.

“I slapped her because it wasn’t true.” Gypsy said.

“Now that I think about it, you gained the most. Ambassadress, main actress, president of the club and representative of the Student Council. And what did we get? Just your friends.” Alice said.

“Hey! Don’t act like you didn’t gained anything. Emcee of the Red Fountain Academy. Part of the main dancers in the dance club. Don’t you think that it is because of Gypsy, you got those roles?” Esther said.

“Hey! Don’t get yourself involve here! If I know you are sticking to her because you want to be famous, too.” Alice said.

“Why you!” Esther was about to hurt Alice but Gypsy stops her.

“Esther, don’t. I don’t want you get involve.” Gypsy said.

“You sit next to me.” Esther said and pull Gypsy towards her seat.

……………………………………………………

“You shouldn’t said those words to Gypsy, she is your friend.” Oaujun talks to Alice after their class.

“Don’t get yourself involve, Oaujun.” Alice said. “What I said to Gypsy is the truth.”

“No, it isn’t.” Oaujun said. “Gypsy, protects her friends.”

“What do you know? You don’t know anything!” Alice said.

“I don’t but there’s only one thing that I know… Friends never leave each other.” Oaujun said and left.

Alice feels guilty because of that.

……………………………………………………

Oaujun is going to the Blue Fountain Dormitory when Gypsy called him.

“You want to know the secret, right? I’ll tell you everything tomorrow. Meet me at the Green Fountain Paradise after class.” Gypsy said and went back inside the Pink Fountain Dormitory.

……………………………………………………

After class, Oaujun meets Gypsy at the Green Fountain Paradise.

“What made you change your mind and decided to tell me everything?” Oaujun asks.

“Alice hates me so I can’t protect her now so I thought that you protect her from now on.” Gypsy said.

“Ok. I will.” Oaujun said.

“Then, I will tell you everything. Just promise me that you will not tell anything to her because if you really want to protect her, protect her by keeping this a secret.” Gypsy said.

“I will.” Oaujun said.

“Ok. Here it goes.” Gypsy started.

……………………………………………………

After the fight between the three gang groups and the death of James, the three academies hide everything from the world.

Everyone thought that James died because of an accident.

Alice locks herself in her room for days. She is blaming herself for the death of James.

While Mek was grounded by his parents.

Gypsy and Tao decided to talk to Mek.

“I talked to my auntie. You and the others that got involved will not expelled in one condition… everyone will keep the incident secret.” Gypsy said.

“And what about my brother?” Mek asks.

“Your father told the police to stop the investigation.” Tao said.

Mek is shocked.

“What? My father?” Mek said. “I don’t believe you.”

“It is true.” Aum said. “If the media finds out that James died during the fight with the gangsters, what will our investors think?”

“He is your son!” Mek said.

“I don’t have a gangster son!” Aum said. “Better quit being a gangster or I will kick you out of this family or you want me to ruin Alice’s reputation, too.”

Mek grabs Aum’s collar.

“Touch Alice and I will kill you myself.” Mek angrily said.

“Mek, stop it.” Tao said.

Mek released Aum’s collar.

“Mek, for Alice’s sake, I want her out from the gang.” Gypsy said.

“Then, tell her that.” Mek said.

“I tried but she doesn’t listen to me.” Gypsy said.

“So, you want me to say that to her?” Mek asks.

“If you make Alice quit, I will let you do want you want.” Aum said.

“Mek, if you really love Alice, you must protect her. Her life will be always in danger if you let her be a gangster. Do you want the girl you love to get harm? She was almost got hurt during that day.” Gypsy said.

……………………………………………………

Alice locks herself in her room and refuse to go to school. She’s been like that for a week.

Mek doesn’t call her. She is thinking if Mek blames her for the death of James.

“P’, P’Mek is here.” Jo said from outside the room.

Alice felt happy after hearing Mek’s name. It seems that Mek is not mad at her.

She checks herself in the mirror and left the room.

Mek is waiting at the garden.

“I thought you don’t want to see me again.” Alice said.

Mek faces her with a serious face.

“Let’s break up.” Mek said.

“What?” Alice asks.

“Leave the gang.” Mek said.

“But…” Alice said.

“Because of you my brother died. I don’t need someone like you on my side.” Mek said.

Alice feels like a bomb exploded in her head when Mek said those words.

“The reason why I don’t visit you because I blamed you for the death of P’James. Now, I decided to end our relationship. You are not worth my love.” Mek said and quickly left.

Alice left standing at the center of the garden.

There are no tears coming out from her eyes. She is just standing there while staring at the place where Mek previously standing.

She doesn’t know how long she was standing there. The next thing she knew is that she woke up in her room and on her side is Gypsy.

“Alice, how are you?” Gypsy worriedly asks.

“How did I get here?” Alice asks.

“Jo saw you unconscious outside the garden.” Gypsy said. “What happened?”

Alice remembered that night and she can’t help but to cry.

Gypsy hugs her.

“He broke up with me.” Alice said between her cry.

Gypsy didn’t say anything but she continue to hug her.

……………………………………………………

Alice deeply sighed when she remembered that night. It took her a month before going back to school. She is very thankful to Gypsy because Gypsy helped her to move on. She became the main emcee of Red Fountain Academy and became one of the best dancers.

“I shouldn’t have hurt her.” Alice feels guilty of what she said to Gypsy.

She decided to apologize to Gypsy but she can’t find her. Then, she saw Esther.

“Esther, have you seen Gypsy?” Alice asks.

“Why? Are you going to accuse her of using you?” Esther asks.

“What I said is wrong. I want to say sorry to her.” Alice said.

“She’s in the Green Fountain Paradise.” Esther said.

“Thank you.” Alice said and left.

……………………………………………………

“Now that you know the truth, will you keep it a secret and protect Alice?” Gypsy asks.

“I will.” Oaujun said.

“Thank you, Oaujun.” Gypsy said.

“I don’t want to meddle with the fight between your friends but watching you from a far, your friendship is stronger than the reasons why you are fighting. Eventually, you will be back as friends again.” Oaujun said.

“Thank you, Oaujun.” Gypsy said and hugs Oaujun.

Alice saw that scene and she quickly left.

……………………………………………………

Alice is alone in the dance club room and she is dancing at the front of the mirror.

Oaujun came.

Alice stops dancing when she saw Oaujun. She grabs her bag and is about to left when Oaujun stops her by grabbing her arm.

“Are you mad at me?” Oaujun asks.

Alice glares at him.

“What’s wrong, baby?” Oaujun sweetly asks.

Alice gets annoyed.

“Don’t treat me like a toy, Oaujun! Why don’t you flirt with Gypsy instead of me?” Alice said.

“What? What are you talking about?” Oaujun asks.

“I saw you and her hugging inside the Green Fountain Paradise. If you really like my friend, why didn’t you ask her to go out instead of using me?” Alice asks.

“I don’t like her, ok? What made you think that I like her? Besides, she only hug me because she is just thankful of what I said.” Oaujun said. “And I don’t treat you like a toy. Yes, we are just a fake couple but my feelings for you are real. I like- no- I love you. I love you ever since I saw you the first time. I decided to become your best friend because I am afraid that if I ask you to be my girlfriend you will eventually break up with me and you will become distant to me. I became your best friend so that I will always on your side. You don’t know how happy I was when you agreed to be my fake girlfriend because even it is fake, I get that chance to be your boyfriend.”

Alice is dumbfounded with the sudden confession of Oaujun. She doesn’t know what to say that she is not moving at all and staring at Oaujun.

Oaujun noticed that Alice is dumbfounded.

Oaujun decided to kiss Alice on her lips.

Alice’s eyes widened because of the kiss but after a while she closes her eyes and let Oaujun to kiss her.