Chapter 4 - The Welcome Parties

Red Fountain Academy Series

“New students of Red Fountain Academy, welcome to Pink Fountain Dormitory PARTY!!!” Alice is being lively as she stands on the stage inside the lounging area of Pink Fountain Dormitory.

All the girl students of Red Fountain Academy that are staying in Pink Fountain Dormitory are there.

“I’m your beautiful and y host and DJ for tonight, Alice Tsoi.” Alice introduced herself. “Tonight, will be an enjoyable night, I guarantee you. Later, we will get to meet our very own beautiful, smart and y ambassadress, Gypsy Keerati Mahapreukpong. Then, there will be games and prizes. You can also dance till your heart out. If you got hungry after dancing, we have different kinds of foods and drinks in the dining area. We have, Thai cuisine, Korean cuisine, Chinese cuisine, and Japanese cuisine. Your choice. Also, before anything else, do you see the cute pink booth over there at the corner? You can vote the person you think has the best outfit for tonight. For the new students, if you don’t know the name, you can ask the person directly. It is also the way to make friends, right?”

“YES!!!” the girls shout.

“LET’S GET THE PARTY STARTED!!!” Alice shouts and starts DJing.

“Alice is really talented.” Apple said.

She and her friends are sitting at the sofa.

Apple looks at Esther and Best and she saw them frowning.

“What’s wrong?” Apple asks.

“Girls, stop frowning. I thought you will show to them that you are not affected of what happened a while ago.” Fern said.

“She’s right. We need to show that we are ok.” Best said.

“Best, let’s grab something to eat.” Esther said.

“Ok.” Best said.

……………………………………………………

Meanwhile, Puifai and her friends are at the bar.

“Look how Esther and Nitcharee frown.” Puifai said.

“Whatever they do they can’t ruin the mood of the party.” Gypsy said.

“Hey, sissy!” Cherreen greets.

“Cherreen sissy! We didn’t see you all day.” Gypsy said.

“A long story but I will gonna tell you later.” Cherreen said. “But first, I’d like you to meet my best friend, Thanaerng.”

“Hi!” Thanaerng greets.

“Hi!” Proud, Gypsy and Puifai greet.

“Where’s Som?” Cherreen asks.

“She’s still in her room, I think.” Puifai said.

“I’m here.” Som said.

“Where’s your best friend?” Proud asks.

“She doesn’t like crowds so I let her stay in our room.” Som said.

“Is she alright?” Gypsy asks.

“Yes.” Som said.

Som looks around. “There are lots of new students this year.”

“Yeah. And I already met someone and she annoyed me.” Cherreen said.

“Why is that?” Proud asks.

“She bumped me a while ago and just glared at me.” Cherreen said.

“That girl must teach a lesson.” Puifai said.

“Na… Let her do what she wants. Don’t waste our precious time for her. She doesn’t worth it.” Cherreen said.

“Wanna grab something to eat?” Proud asks.

“Let’s go.” Gypsy said.

The girls went to the dining area.

“What’s with the foods? Yuck!” Wawa said.

Name: Maripha Siripool aka Wawa

Description: The Wannabe Actress

“It is so disgusting, Wawa.” Bifern said.

Name: Anchasa Mongkhonsamai aka Bifern

Description: The Wannabe Swimmer

“I agree. These are so cheap.” Mind said.

Name: Napasasi Surawan aka Mind

Description: The Wannabe Dancer

“I wonder where Keerati and friends got this.” Wawa said.

“It came from the 5 star restaurant that my dad knows. If it is not good, they wouldn’t became a 5 star restaurant. The U.S. President gave the chef an award for his excellent skill.” Puifai said from the back.

“Well, why don’t you ask the other girls if they liked it?” Wawa said.

Before they even ask someone, Esther talks loudly.

“Mmm… This sashimi is the best.” Esther said.

Esther and Best are praising the foods without knowing that Gypsy’s group is the organizer of the party.

“So?” Gypsy said to Wawa and her friends.

“W-Well, not everyone liked it. We don’t like it.” Wawa said.

“Then, we can’t force you to eat it, right?” Cherreen said. “Then, we will take your plates from you.”

“We don’t want to get blame if you get an upset stomach if we force you to eat it.” Puifai said.

“There are lots of drinks in the bar. Help yourself.” Proud said.

Gypsy and her friends left.

“We should thank Nitcharee and Esther.” Gypsy said.

“Just thank them in yourself.” Puifai said.

……………………………………………………

Meanwhile at the Blue Fountain Dormitory’s Welcome Party…

“Let’s all give it up for our handsome ambassador, Push Puttichai Kasetsin!” New said.

Push climb on the stage and took the mic.

“Hello! Are you enjoying the party?!” Push lively said.

“YES!!!” they all said.

“First, I would like to welcome the new students to Red Fountain Academy and to our Blue Fountain Dormitory! I just hope that we all have a fun and memorable year. Enjoy the party, the drinks, the foods and the night is still young. Enjoy, everyone!”

“And there we have it, our handsome, y, and playboy ambassador, Push!” New said.

Push joins Thorn and Jes.

“I heard that you almost had a fight a while ago.” Push said.

“Na… We don’t. It is just a misunderstanding. But now, we know that we love different girls.” Jes said.

“Let’s change the topic.” Thorn said. “We saw you with Mook a while ago. What’s the real score?”

“Secret.” Push said.

“Hey. You don’t need to hide it from us. One look and we know you got a new girl.” Jes said.

“Ssshhh! Keep it a secret. She doesn’t want anyone to know about it and don’t let Mek know about it too.” Push said.

“What is it?” Mek asks from the back.

“Push and Mook are dating.” Thorn said.

Too late to realize that Mek is the one that ask the question.

“What?!” Mek got angry.

The three turn around and saw Mek.

“Mek!” the three said.

Mek grabs Push’s collar.

“You’re my friend and you dare to date my sister?!” Mek said to him.

Everyone around them are watching.

“I won’t hurt her.” Push said.

“I know how you handle your girlfriends. Why did you date her? She’s young and innocent. She is different with your past girls. You’ll only hurt her.” Mek said.

“I promise I won’t hurt her.” Push said.

“I don’t believe you.” Mek said.

Tao came.

“Mek, stop it. I don’t want you to cause any trouble here.” Tao said.

Mek released Push’s collar and left the dorm.

“Nothing to see here. Let’s enjoy the party.” Mike said.

Name: Pirath Nitipaisankul aka Mike

Description: Blue Fountain Dorm Keeper

“Are you alright?” Tao asks Push.

Push nodded.

……………………………………………………

“Girls, let’s all welcome our beautiful, smart, y and fashionista ambassadress, Gypsy Keerati Mahapreukpong!” Alice said.

“Hello, everyone!” Gypsy said. “Welcome to Red Fountain Academy and of course to Pink Fountain Dormitory. I hope you will have a fun and memorable year. Also, thank you because you like the foods for tonight. I heard some good comments about the foods a while ago and I am very thankful. The night is still young. Enjoy the party and later there will be games.”

The party continues. Everyone is having fun.

Esther and her friends are going to vote for the best outfit of the night.

“Who are you going to vote?” Esther asks Mild.

“Keerati.” Mild said.

“Eh? Why?” Esther asks.

“I love her outfit especially her shoes.” Mild said.

“Don’t vote her. She won last year.” Esther said.

“Then, Natthapat.” Mild said.

“Oh, please! Not her! If she wins, she will think that even in the best outfit, she can defeat me.” Best said.

“Why don’t you just say that if we are going to vote, that person must not be from Keerati’s group?” Mild said.

“You’re so smart.” Esther said.

Mild rolled her eyes.

“Ok. Ok. Let’s vote Mook.” Mild said.

“Why me?” Mook asks.

“Because some new girls like your outfits. Some of them are asking your name a while ago.” Mild said.

“But what if I win?” Mook asks.

“As if you can defeat the popular girls.” Mild said. “I’m just going to vote for you because these two don’t want me to vote from Keerati’s group.”

“But Mook’s outfit can beat Keerati.” Esther said.

“Let’s just vote for Mook.” Fern said just to stop them from arguing.

“Right.” Apple said.

……………………………………………………

Tao, Thorn and Mike are discussing something while at the corner of the lounge area.

“Tomorrow, students that are members of clubs will start building their booths. The materials are provided by each clubs.” Mike said.

“We are also expecting the club presidents to pass their application form for their funds tomorrow.” Thorn said.

“Check the requirements before accepting the application forms. Clubs that has 1 to 5 members will be remove a week after the class starts.” Tao said.

Mike noted it down.

“Tomorrow, we will check the assembly hall.” Tao said. “I want Jes to come with us tomorrow.”

“I will inform him.” Thorn said.

“You can enjoy the party but don’t make yourself drunk or you won’t be able to wake up early tomorrow.” Tao said.

“What about you?” Thorn asks.

“I’m going to sleep.” Tao said and left.

“Our president doesn’t know the word ‘FUN’.” Thorn said.

“I agree.” Mike said.

……………………………………………………

“Everyone, it’s time for games! Now, the rules of the games are change. Whoever the person got last in every game, there will be punishments. And of course, for the winning people, we have some prizes for them.” Alice said. “So, are we ready?”

“YES!” they all said.

“The first game is…”

The first and second game happened. It was fun and everyone is enjoying the time.

“Now, for our third and last game, it is called… No oh, No oh… I can’t breathe!” Alice said and sings the title of the game. “It is simple. You just need to hold your breath inside the bowl of water and be the person to hold her breath longer. The person who had the shortest amount of time to hold her breath will be the L.O.S.E.R! We need three contestants. Anyone?”

Gypsy raised her hand.

“Our Ambassadress is finally going to play.” Alice said. “Two more?”

Puifai raised her hand.

“This will be tough. Our mermaid is going to play too.” Alice said. “Last one?”

No one wants to compete against Puifai.

“How about Mild Wira Jiravechsoontornkul?” Alice said.

Mild’s eyes widened when Alice call her name.

“Come. You haven’t played anything yet. In fact, your group always sitting on the sofa for the entire party.” Alice said.

“You can do it, Mild.” Apple said.

Mild climb on the stage.

“Will she be alright? She’s really bad at games.” Fern said.

“I hope she can do well.” Esther said.

“Girls, the rules are clear, right? Ready?” Alice said.

“Ready!” the three shout.

“1…2…3!” Alice said.

The three girls hold their breath inside the bowls of water.

15 seconds…

30 seconds…

40 seconds…

“This is a tough competition.” Alice said. “The girls look relax.”

1 minute…

“1 minute and they are still not giving up!” Alice said. “But look, Wira is reaching her limit. Will she give up? Despite of being small, she can manage to hold her breath that long.”

Mild finally give up.

“And we have a loser!” Alice announced.

Gypsy finally give up 3 seconds after Mild.

“And we have a winner! Puifai!” Alice said. “No wonder she won. She is our Mermaid of Red Fountain Academy. Congrats, sissy!”

Alice gives the prize to Puifai.

“Shall we call the two girls who got lost in the games?” Alice said.

The two girls join Mild on the stage.

Cherreen and Proud put three glasses of weird drinks on the table on the stage.

“Now, among these three glasses, there are two red wine and one herbal medicine. The three girls will get to choose. Whoever get the herbal medicine will be doing the punishment and the two lucky girls will be exempted from the punishment.” Alice said. “Let’s start with the first girl. Choose a number.”

The girl is thinking what to choose.

“1.” Alice whispered to her pretending that she is coughing.

“Number 1.” The girl said.

“The second girl, please choose.” Alice said.

The girl is looking at the audience when she saw Cherreen secretly made a v sign with her fingers.

“Number 2.” The girl said.

“So, our third girl will get the third glass. On my count, drink all of it. 1…2…3!”

Mild wasn’t able to drink it all because of bitterness.

“We got the LOSER! It is Wira!” Alice said.

“That’s not fair! I saw you whispered to the first girl.” Esther said.

“And I saw the second girl looking at Nachjaree.” Best said.

“I coughed not whispered.” Alice said. “Did I whispered to you?”

Alice asks the girl.

“No.” the girl said.

“And did you look at Cherreen?” Alice asks the second girl.

“No. I was looking at my friends.” The second girl said.

“You don’t have evidence that we cheated.” Alice said. “Wira can escape the punishment if only she did well in the game but she didn’t.”

“This is all part of your plan!” Best said.

“Shut up, Nitcharee! Why are you always blaming the others?” Puifai said.

“Shut up! You and your friends want Mild to get punished!” Best said.

“Nitcharee, stop it or you will get a warning.” Aom said.

Apple, Fern and Mook are now calming Best.

“Everyone should relax. This is just part of the party. Don’t make it a big deal.” Aom said. “Alice, let’s continue.”

“Before I reveal the punishment, I will announce first the winner of the Best Outfit of tonight.” Alice said.

Som gave her the voting result.

“I wouldn’t be surprise if they tampered it.” Esther said.

“Is that so?” Alice said. “Congratulation, Mook Worranit Thawornwong!”

Mook was surprised.

“Now, tell me if we tampered it.”

Esther rolled her eyes.

Mook climb on the stage to receive her prize.

“Congratulations.” Alice said.

“Thank you.” Mook said.

“And now, for the punishment…” Alice said. “Skin deep in the swimming pool of Swimming pool.”

Esther and her group is shocked.

“You got to be kidding me.” Mild said.

“No.” Alice said. “Let’s go.”

……………………………………………………

They arrived at the swimming pool.

Alice ordered Mild to remove her clothes and get in the pool.

“Now, you need to stay there for 30 minutes.” Alice said.

“What?!” Mild said.

“30 minutes and you can go out. It should be an hour but I am being generous so I cut the time.”

“Thanks for your generosity.” Mild mockingly said.

“We will be back after 30 minutes.” Alice said.

“Don’t leave me here!” Mild shouts.

“Just bear it for 30 minutes.” Puifai said.

Everyone leaves including Mild’s friends since they can’t do anything right now.

“Let’s go back to the dorm.” Alice said.

“What about Mild?” Mook asks.

“We will get her after 30 minutes.” Alice said.

“We will stay here.” Esther said.

“No. I don’t trust you.” Gypsy said.

“You can’t do that!” Fern said.

“We can.” Gypsy said.

“Hey!” Mek shouts.

“Mek!” Mook said.

“Where are Mild’s clothes?” Mek asks.

“Mek, don’t get yourself involve here. This is part of the party.” Gypsy said.

“Give me Mild’s clothes or I will call Tao.” Mek said.

“For a troublemaker like you, are you threatening me?” Gypsy asks.

“It is not a threat.” Mek said.

Gypsy and Mek are staring at each other’s eyes.

“Give me the clothes or else.” Mek said.

“Or else what?” Gypsy said.

“Alice.” Mek whispered.

Gypsy quickly understand it.

“Give him the clothes, Alice.” Gypsy said.

Alice give the clothes to Mek.

“Let’s go.” Gypsy said.

Gypsy and her friends went back to the dormitory while Mek and Mild’s friends went to the swimming pool.

“Mild, we got your clothes back.” Esther said.

Mek gives the clothes to Mild. Mild quickly wears her clothes while Mek is not looking.

“You shouldn’t let them do that to you.” Mek said.

“They are popular so we don’t have a choice.” Best said.

“Can you talk about this to President Tao?” Esther asks.

“Tao is already busy with student council.” Mek said. “Go back to your dorm now.”

“Ok.” They said.

……………………………………………………

Pink Fountain Dormitory…

“Why did you let him defeat you?” Puifai asks Gypsy.

“If it is about Tao, I can talk to him.” Proud said.

“Tao doesn’t have to do with it. I just don’t want to mess up with Mek.” Gypsy said.

“Impossible.” Cherreen said.

“Mek is a troublemaker. I don’t want to get involve with him.” Gypsy said. “Enough of this. We should sleep now.”

Everyone went to their rooms except Alice.

“Thanks.” Alice said.

“It’s nothing. I only did it to protect you.” Gypsy said.

“I don’t know till when I can hide this.” Alice said.

“Maybe until graduation.” Gypsy said. “If Mek will get involve in a serious trouble, he can’t graduate and I am sure Tao can’t do anything about it.”

“I hope you’re right but I will feel bad for Mek if he don’t graduate.” Alice said.

“Just don’t think about it.” Gypsy said. “You did a great job tonight. You should rest now.”

“You too. Goodnight.” Alice said.