Chapter 16 - The Mermaid and The KPOP Idol

Red Fountain Academy Series

After finding out that her mother is still alive. Paula needs to save her.

Paula is in the living room and taking the chance when Noom came. Paula is startled when she saw her father.

“What’s wrong with you?” Noom asks.

“N-Nothing.” Paula said. “Are you going to work?”

“Yes.” Noom said.

“Ok.” Paula said.

“What about you?” Noom asks.

“What about me?” Paula asks.

“Don’t you have work?” Noom asks.

“Uhmm… None. None.” Paula said.

“Ok. I’m leaving.” Noom said.

“Bye.” Paula said.

When Noom left, Paula took the chance to try to open the door by picking the lock.

“What are you doing there?” Noom asks when he suddenly came back.

Paula is startled.

“Huh? N-Nothing. I just remembered that we used to hide here when we were young so I am trying to open the door.” Paula said.

“There’s nothing there so don’t try to open it. You will just let the dust out.” Noom said.

“I understand.” Paula said and went upstairs.

Noom looks at Paula leaving. He grabs his cellphone and calls someone.

……………………………………………………

Nichkhun and Puifai are together in school.

“Is Kan still bothers you?” Nichkhun asks.

Puifai shook her head.

“But I know that he is planning on something.” Puifai said.

Suddenly, a raw egg was threw to Puifai.

Nichkhun and Puifai were startled.

Angry fans of Nichkhun came and throwing eggs to Puifai.

“B*tch! How dare you steal our oppa?!” some fans shouted.

The guards of Red Fountain Academy guard Puifai and Nichkhun from the angry fans. The guards brought them to the School Director’s office.

“Puifai!” Gypsy and their friends are waiting for them inside the office.

“You need to clean your bodies and will talk.” Vichuda said and opens the rest room in her office.

“We brought you your clothes since we knew that this will happen.” Jes said.

The two cleaned up first before talking to them.

“I don’t get it. How did the fans know about it?” Nichkhun asks.

“With this.” Thanaerng said showing them a printed of their picture with Joong Ki.

“It was all around the academy.” Proud said.

Puifai shivers all over her body.

“See what happened? I told you not to date!” Cherreen said.

“Shut up, Cherreen! This is no time for blaming.” Gypsy said.

“I can handle the angry fans. But I am more worried with my son.” Puifai said.

“Wait! Son?” Oaujun asks.

“The child in the picture is my son. My son with Kan.” Puifai said.

“So, that’s the reason why you were gone for a year.” Jes said.

“What are you going to do now?” Som asks.

“Auntie, what will they do now?” Gypsy asks.

“Puifai can’t go to the Pink Fountain Dormitory because of Nichkhun’s fans are waiting there.” Vichuda said. “For now, Nichkhun needs to contact his CEO. Also we need to know who was behind of all this.”

“I have a hunch who did this.” Thanaerng said.

……………………………………………………

Meanwhile, Namcha and Pearwah are talking somewhere private in the academy.

“Did you do this?” Namcha asks showing the printed picture of Nichkhun and Puifai with Joong Ki.

“Yes, I did.” Pearwah proudly said.

“And you are proud, huh?” Namcha asks. “Do you know the consequences of what you did? You will be expelled and I will gonna lose my job!”

“I don’t care! That b*tch deserves it! She stole oppa from me!” Pearwah shouts.

Namcha slaps her.

Pearwah is shocked.

“I-It’s my fault for raising you like that. I shouldn’t have spoiled you.” Namcha said. “And now, I will end this.”

Namcha pull Pearwah somewhere.

……………………………………………………

“You mean Pearwah?” Proud asks. “Isn’t she Prof. Namcha’s step-sister?”

“Yes. She is Nichkhun’s stalker. She managed to stalk them when the two went to South Korea. I just managed to stop her from spreading the pictures but this time, I didn’t.” Thanaerng said.

Just then, Namcha and Pearwah came.

“You! Do you know what you did to my brother, huh?!” Cherreen angrily shouts.

She wants to hurt Pearwah but Kang stops her.

“Director Vichuda, I came here to apologize to what my sister did.” Namcha said and kneels down.

“P’…” Pearwah said.

“I’m so sorry for what she did. To this academy. To Nichkhun. To Puifai. I will resign and leave with my sister. Just please forgive her.” Namcha is kneeling on the floor while begging for forgiveness from them.

“P’! What are you doing? Please! It’s me who needs to apologize!” Pearwah said and kneels down. “I’m sorry for what I did. Please don’t fire my sister. She did everything for me. She became my second mother. Please. I am leaving the academy for good. I won’t stalk P’Nichkhun. Please. I’m so sorry, P’Nichkhun, P’Natthapat.”

Pearwah started to cry. She feels guilty of what she did after she saw her sister kneeling down.

Puifai kneels down to Pearwah.

“I forgive you.” Puifai said.

“Really?” Pearwah said.

“Me too.” Nichkhun said. “Thanks to you, I know now how to tell my fans about my relationship with Puifai.”

“And thanks to you, I am now ready to tell everyone about my son.” Puifai said.

“Then, it is settled.” Vichuda said. “But Pearwah still needs to be punished. Rules are rules. You must be expelled but since you admit your wrongdoings, I will just let you transfer to another school without having a bad record from this school.”

“Director, thank you very much.” Namcha said.

“And you will still teaching your students here, Prof. Namcha.” Vichuda said.

“I will.” Namcha said.

Then, Nichkhun’s manager came.

“I talked to CEO Park. He wants you to deny the rumors.” His manager said.

“What? I can’t. I decided to tell everyone about Puifai.” Nichkhun said.

“You’re just in your peak of your career. Dating rumors will not do any good for you. You can still date her but it will be private.” His manager said.

“He’s right, Nichkhun. I don’t want to ruin your career. I still have a career too and Joong Ki. I want to protect him.” Puifai said.

“But, Puifai.” Nichkhun said.

“Just like your manager said, we can still date but only in private.” Puifai said.

“If that’s what you want. I also want to protect Joong Ki, too.” Nichkhun said.

Puifai smiled. Deep inside of her, it hurts but she needs to protect her son.

……………………………………………………

After planning of what Nichkhun will say, Nichkhun held a conference in the Great Hall.

“I know that everyone is shock about the leak photos that spread around the academy. First, I would like to apologize to my fans for the shocking photo. But I would like to clarify about the leak photos. It is true that in the photo, it was me, Puifai and a child. The reason that we were together that time was to go out with the child. The child was named Joong Ki and he was…”

Nichkhun waits for Puifai to get on the stage.

“Joong Ki was my son that I hide from the public.” Puifai said.

Everyone gasped.

“Everyone knows that I and Cherreen were friends and I am also friends with Nichkhun. During the time that I went to South Korea, Nichkhun met Joong Ki. My son is a fan of 2PM and because Joong Ki didn’t grew up with a father on his side, Nichkhun acted as his father.” Puifai said. “I and Nichkhun are not dating. He is just helping me as a friend.”

“Then, who is the father of your son?” one of the girls asks.

“I’m the father.” Kan said from the side of the stage.

He walks towards Puifai.

“I left Puifai after knowing that she was pregnant but now I am back to be the father.” Kan said and holds Puifai’s hand.

Puifai wants to pull her hand away from Kan but she can’t do it since they need to make the fans believe that she and Nichkhun are just friends.

……………………………………………………

After the long and tiring day, everyone went to their rooms to rest.

“Finally, it is over.” Alice said.

“Thank you for the help, girls.” Puifai said.

“But will you be alright?” Som asks.

“Yes. Puifai said but deep inside of her, she isn’t.

“Thank you for protecting my brother’s reputation.” Cherreen said. “And I am sorry for being mean to you.”

Puifai hugs Cherreen.

“Thank you.” Puifai whispered.

“Finally, our group is ok now.” Gypsy said.

“Group hug!” Proud said and the girls do what she said.

……………………………………………………

Paula is driving her car when she noticed that a black car is following her.

“Sh*t! Father.” Paula said.

Paula calls her brother.

“Hello? Noom?” Paula said. “Listen, if something happened to me tonight, please don’t let anyone near me except you and Puifai. And whatever happens, don’t let father near me.”

After that, Paula focus on her driving. She drives faster to escape but the black car became faster too.

Paula keeps on looking at the rearview mirror and side mirror that she didn’t see the truck that coming.

When she finally saw the truck it is already too late. Her car is hit by the truck.

……………………………………………………

Pink Fountain Dormitory…

“What? P’Paula had an accident?” Puifai loudly said. She is talking to Mos over the phone.

“Ok. Ok. I’m coming.” Puifai said.

“I need to go back to Bangkok. P’Paula’s car was hit by a truck.” Puifai informs Gypsy and Alice.

“Do you want me to drive you?” Gypsy asks.

“No, it’s ok. I can manage.” Puifai said and left.

……………………………………………………

White Fountain General Hospital…

Puifai went straight to the E.R. Outside the E.R. Mos is waiting for her.

“What happened to her?” Puifai asks.

“I don’t know but before the accident she called me. She said that if ever happens to her tonight, don’t let anyone near her except the two of us.” Mos said.

“Even father?” Puifai asks.

“Yes.” Mos said.

“But why?” Puifai asks.

“I don’t know but lately P’Paula isn’t in her right mind. She is always thinking deeply and always startled every time she sees father. I think that she knew something about our mother.” Mos said.

Puifai wants to tell to Mos about what she knows but Noom finally came.

“How did this happened?” Noom asks.

“It seems that a car was chasing P’Paula’s car. That’s what the driver of the truck said. He also said that after P’Paula’s car hit the truck, the car suddenly makes a u turn and gone.” Mos said.

The doctors finally got out of the E.R.

“Doctor, how’s our sister?” Mos asks.

“She’s in a coma but she’s out of the danger now.” The doctor said.

Mos and Puifai felt relieved.

Then, Puifai noticed Noom’s strange facial expression.

……………………………………………………

Puifai went home first while Mos will stay in the hospital.

Caroline is waiting for Puifai.

“How’s Paula?” Caroline asks.

“She’s out of danger but she’s in coma.” Puifai said.

“Oh my.” Caroline said.

“Auntie, listen. I want you and Joong Ki to go back to South Korea immediately.” Puifai said.

“Why?” Caroline asks.

“Someone wants P’Paula dead and it might come back. For your safety, you should go back to South Korea first.” Puifai said.

“Puifai, what’s going on? Tell me.” Caroline said.

“It is better for you not to know anything.” Puifai said. “I’ll just get Joong Ki from the living room.”

……………………………………………………

Puifai went to the living room to get Joong Ki.

“Joong Ki, stop playing and it is time for your bed time.” Puifai said.

Joong Ki didn’t respond. He is just standing at the front of the door that has been locked for years.

“Why are you staring at the door?” Puifai asks.

“Eomma, can I play inside that door?” Joong Ki asks.

“But it has been lock for years. No one enters there.” Puifai said.

“But I saw Aunt Paula enter there once.” Joong Ki said.

Puifai is shocked with what her son said.

“Let’s get to sleep now.” Puifai said.

……………………………………………………

Red Fountain Academy…

Puifai talks to Kan because Kan wants to talk to her.

“Can I see our son every weekend?” Kan asks.

“As much as I want to but you can’t. Joong Ki is going back to South Korea.” Puifai said.

“What? I thought he will stay here for long.” Kan said.

“Our family is having problems right now and it is best for Joong Ki to stay out of it.” Puifai said. “They are leaving the day after tomorrow. Can you drive them to the airport and make sure they will be safe until they take off?”

“Sure. But are you not going with us?” Kan asks.

“P’Paula is in coma. But before she got into an accident, she told P’Mos that I and P’Mos are the only ones that will get close to her.” Puifai said. “I don’t know what she means but we’re trying to know what it is.”

“Ok. But I want you to be careful.” Kan said and holds her hands.

“I will.” Puifai said.

“Puifai.” Nichkhun called her.

Nichkhun walks towards them and pull Puifai away.

……………………………………………………

“Nichkhun, what’s wrong?” Puifai asks.

Nichkhun brought Puifai at the back of the two dormitories.

“Are you and Kan cheating on me?” Nichkhun asks.

“Of course not. He just want to talk to me about Joong Ki.” Puifai said. “And I asked him to bring my auntie and Joong Ki to the airport because the two will go back to South Korea.’

“So soon? I thought they will stay here for few months.” Nichkhun said.

“With what happened to P’Paula, I am sure my father is behind of that.” Puifai whispered.

“What? But are you sure?” Nichkhun asks.

“I just have a hunch but I need your help and also we need to talk to Nitcharee.” Puifai said.

……………………………………………………

Noom and Tong see each other secretly.

“I heard about what happened to your daughter. Who did it?” Tong asks.

“I did.” Noom said.

“What? She’s your daughter!” Tong said.

“She knew about them and where they are. I need to do something.” Noom said.

“Are you crazy? Trying to kill your own daughter?” Tong said.

“If she tell to others what I did to them, we will be put to jail.” Noom said.

“No. You’re wrong. Only you will be put to jail. My husband and your wife don’t know that I am part of it. Even you tell them, they won’t believe it because you don’t have evidence.” Tong said.

Noom smirked.

“Evidence? I know that you are hiding an evidence.” Noom said. “If ever I get caught, I will make sure to drag you.”

Noom is leaving Tong when Tong hit him with a chair.

Noom is unconscious.

Tong doesn’t panic and she knows what she exactly going to do.

……………………………………………………

The next morning, a fisherman is fishing in the sea very early when his net caught something. He pulled his net but it is too heavy. Thinking that he caught a really big fish, he uses his all strength to pull the net but instead of a big fish that supposed to appear, a body of a dead man appeared along with other fishes.

The fisherman was terrified and it took him minutes before calling the police.

The police finally arrived and identified the man as Noom.

Mos and Puifai hurriedly went to the crime scene and they personally identified the dead body as their father.

Puifai cried silently in the corner while Mos is talking to the police.

Suddenly, a pair of arms came to hug Puifai to comfort her.

Puifai look up and see that it was Nichkhun.

“Ssshhh… Just cry. I will stay here and never leave you.” Nichkhun whispered to her.