Chapter 3 - Side Story

Red Fountain Academy Series

A week before the school starts, the High School’s Student Council of Red Fountain Academy are busy with the meetings in preparation for the Opening Ceremony.

That week’s meeting, Tao, Mike, Thorn, Aom and Tina are the only five who attended the meeting.

“Where are the others?” Tao asks.

“Uhmm…  They are out of the city or country for a vacation.” Mike said.

“Ok.” Tao said. “Anyway, the presentations of each clubs during the Opening Ceremony are cancelled.”

“Eh? But why?” Aom asks.

“CEO March wants all the club to have club booths so new students will have a chance to learn about each clubs and choose what they really want.” Tao said.

“What about the materials that will gonna use to build the booths?” Tina asks.

Tao looks at Aom and Aom already knew the meaning of the look.

“Do you want the clubs to borrow money from our funds?” Aom asks.

Tao nodded.

“I guess I’ll work on it now.” Aom said.

“And I’ll contact all the club presidents.” Mike said.

“Sorry if this ruined your vacation.” Tao said.

“No problem, President Tao. It is a part of being a Student Council member.” Thorn said.

“You can go now.” Tao said.

After thanking and saying goodbye, they all left the meeting place.

……………………………………………………

“So, shall we have lunch?” Mike asks.

“Sure. Tina, wanna come?” Aom asks.

Mike pouts but Aom didn’t see it.

“No. I’ll pass. I am meeting up with my girlfriend and I am already late so bye.” Tina said and left.

Mike and Aom went to the nearest restaurant.

“Aren’t you order a lot? Can you finish all of them?” Aom asks while looking at the foods on their table.

“I need to eat a lot because later my appetite will be gone once all the presidents of the clubs will scold me after telling them that the presentation is cancel and they will need to build their own booths.” Mike said.

“You’re right. And once I get home, I need to work on our funds.” Aom said. “I think eating a lot today is a good idea. I’ll join you.”

……………………………………………………

What? But Aom, we prepared a lot for the presentation of the Drama Club and now you are telling me that it is cancelled?

“I’m so sorry, Gypsy, but that is what CEO March wants.” Aom is currently talking to Gypsy over the cellphone because if she let Mike talk to Gypsy, his ears will bleed because of Gypsy’s scolding.

Does he even know how many weeks left? A week! How can we think of an idea for the booth if only have a week? I can’t just call all my club members and ruin their last week of vacation.

“We are having a hard time, too. I need to work on the funds so I can tell how much I can lend to all the clubs including Primary Town and College Town. And what about Mike, he is having a hard time informing all the club presidents about this sudden decision. You know that College Club presidents are scary. You’re lucky because you have Jes, he can design your booth but what about us? I can’t even contact Proud nor Push.” Aom said.

Ok, you got me. I’ll talk to Jes and see if he can help the others to design the booths.

“Thank you, Gypsy! You’re the best!” Aom said.

As the representative of High School Town and the Ambassadress of Red Fountain Academy, I will do anything to help you. I’ll just cut my vacation and head back to Bangkok.

“Thank you so much, Gypsy!” Aom said.

……………………………………………………

The next day, Aom went out to see Tao and Mike.

“You didn’t slept last night, Mike?” Tao asks.

“How can I sleep when most of the club presidents are scolding me as if it was my fault?” Mike said.

“CEO March is also apologetic so he gave these movie tickets to us.” Tao said.

Mike and Aom became instantly happy.

“So, how’s the preparation?” Tao asks.

Aom told Tao how much the funds and how much will they lend to the clubs.

“Gypsy asked Jes to help the other clubs in designing the booths.” Aom said.

“After Bee scolding me, he allows the other club to borrow some materials that will be use in the booths.” Mike said. “The College Clubs Presidents are also volunteer to help the others if they need anything.”

“As of today, I am going to accept calls from the clubs of the presidents for lending the money.” Aom said.

“Do you have a place where you can meet them and give the money?” Tao asks.

“P’Hunz let us use the Teddy Café for a day.” Aom said.

“I’ll just do something and I’ll go to the Teddy Café to help you.” Tao said.

……………………………………………………

Teddy Café…

Aom and Mike are getting ready when Tina came.

“I was able to talk to Proud and she let us share the unused materials from the last year’s movie.” Tina said. “And by the way, Bee and Gun are coming.”

“Should I hide?” Mike asks.

“He wasn’t mad at you anymore. You just called him in a wrong time.” Tina said.

Then, Gypsy and Jes came.

“Guys, I have the designs.” Jes said.

“Already done?” Aom asks.

“You know me. One call from my love and I will do it.” Jes said.

“And the result, he didn’t sleep.” Gypsy said.

“Jes, you can sleep in the staff’s room.” Hunz said.

“Thanks, P’Hunz.” Jes said and went to the staff room.

“Aom, I talked to Tonson, she said that the Drama Club of Primary Town doesn’t need to borrow money from our funds because they still have money left from their funds last year. They will just use it for their booth.” Gypsy said.

“As expected with your little sister.” Aom said. Aom is happy because it is less problem to her.

They all check the designs.

“Jes is really amazing. They are nice and easy to build.” Tina said.

“Now, we can wait for them to come.” Gypsy said.

……………………………………………………

Just as they expected, representative from each clubs went to the Teddy Café. Mike, Aom, Gypsy, Jes, Tina, Bee and Gun are busy assisting the students. Even Hunz came to help by giving them some drinks and snacks for free.

But some students are not agree with the sudden changes that they refuse the help of the student council but when Tao came, they are all scared of his presence that they do what the student council wants.

It is already late when they finished.

“Thank you for the help, guys. If it were just me and Mike, I don’t know how we can handle them.” Aom said.

“Student Council duties.” Gypsy said. Jes and Tina agreed.

“Well, Tina is a part of our group so it is right to help.” Bee said.

“Thank you for your hard work.” Tao said. “P’Hunz, thank you for giving this day to us.”

“No problem. Good luck in organizing the Opening Ceremony.” Hunz said.

“Tina, we’d better go. We are meeting Nanan, Tum and Achirawich tonight.” Gun said.

“Oh, right! We’ll go ahead. See you in the academy.” Tina said and they left.

“I still have something to do so I’ll go first.” Tao said.

“Goodbye, President.” They said.

“I’ll just close my café and leave.” Hunz said and went back inside.

“And it is time for me to go home. From airport, I went straight here.” Gypsy said.

“I’ll drive you home.” Jes said.

“Of course you do. You’re the one who fetch me from the airport.” Gypsy said.

“Bye, Gypsy, Jes.” Aom and Mike said.

“Shall we go?” Mike asks.

“Yes.” Aom said. “This day is to tiring.”

“Right.” Mike said.

They are walking towards Mike’s car.

“And wait for the day of Opening Ceremony.” Aom said.

“And don’t forget the Welcome Party of each dormitories.” Mike said.

“Oh yeah… Luckily, Gypsy and her friends are going to help me.” Aom said.

“Lucky for you.” Mike said.

They get inside the car and Mike drives the car.

……………………………………………………

A day before the students going back to the university, Aom is already in the Pink Fountain Dormitory to check everything before the students go back.

“Did you already check the supply? How about the expiration dates?” Aom is talking to the chef.

“Yes, Ms. Manaying.” The chef said.

“I want to see the storage room.” Aom said.

“This way.” The chef said.

Aom is very strict it comes to the dormitory. Everything must be in the right place and everything must be clean especially the kitchen and the dining area.

After checking the kitchen, Aom checks the room.

“Hey! You’re early.” Tina said who just arrived.

“Thanks for coming early, Tina. If I am the only one who will check every corner of the dormitory, I won’t be able to finish until tomorrow.” Aom said.

“Don’t worry, baby. Nanan will be coming, too, after her photo shoot.” Tina said.

“Stop calling me that. Mike might hear you.” Aom said.

“But he is not here.” Tina said.

Then, Aom saw Mike coming.

“He’s now here.” Aom said.

“Hi.” Tina greets Mike.

But Mike isn’t happy to see her.

“Aren’t you early? You’re supposed to be coming tomorrow.” Mike said.

“I asked her to come today so someone can help me to check everything here.” Aom said.

“I can help you.” Mike said.

“What about the Blue Fountain Dormitory?” Aom asks.

“Singto came and I asked him to help me. He is now checking the rooms.” Mike said.

“But you can’t go to the girl’s room. Tina is a girl so she can go to the rooms.” Aom said.

“She is not a girl.” Mike said.

Aom and Tina look at him like they are telling him ‘Really?’

“Ok, fine. But after this, let’s have dinner… just the two of us.” Mike said.

“Ok.” Aom said.

“I’ll go back to the Blue Fountain Dormitory.” Mike said and left.

“Your boyfriend is still jealous at me.” Tina said.

“Mike is always like that. Until now, us, being roommates is still a big deal for him.” Aom said. “Shall we start?”

“Yeah.” Tina said.

……………………………………………………

The next day…

Aom and Tina are busy assisting the new students as well as the old students.

“Hi, P’Aom.” Gypso greets.

“Hi, Gypso. Are you with Gypsy?” Aom said.

“No. I left with Sorn. P’Gypsy will be driving her car.” Gypso said. “Is my room in good condition?”

“Yes. Luckily, the rooms of the V.I.P’s don’t have a problem because some rooms had a problem with the water yesterday but I already asked the helped of plumber so it is ok now.” Aom said. “Also, last week, the locks were changed. Here are your card key and also the card keys of your roommates. Don’t lose it, ok?”

“Ok, thanks.” Gypso said.

Aom is became busier because of the welcome party for tonight and also for the preparation for the opening ceremony.

“Tina, did you already distribute all the new card keys?” Aom asks when she came back after checking the sound systems for the party tonight.

“Yeah. You can relax now.” Tina said.

“I can’t. Still needs a lot to do.” Aom said.

“Well, it is almost lunch time. Wanna go with the LesGay group?” Tina asks.

Aom checks her cellphone. No text or call from Mike.

“Well, Mike is probably busy so I’ll just join you.” Aom said.

……………………………………………………

The LesGay Group is consist of lesbians and gays that are close friends. They are Bee, Gun, Tum, Tina, Nanan and Achirawich. Their favorite hangout place is under the shade of the Oak Tree.

“Nanan, what’s Tina taking so long?” Bee asks.

“She just needs to finish distributing the card keys. She is on her way here with Aom.” Nanan said.

“Aom? If Mike finds out that Aom is hanging out with us, he will get mad.” Achirawich said.

Name: Achirawich Saliwattana

Description: The Loyal Gay

“Mike doesn’t have an issue with our group, his only issue is Tina.” Nanan said.

“Because of the past relationship of Aom and Tina?” Gun asks.

“Yes.” Nanan said.

“But they’ve been in the relationship for 2 years. Until now he is jealous of Tina?” Tum asks.

Tum wasn’t gay but he likes to hang out with the LesGay Group because he likes to bully Gun.

“He won’t get jealous if only Aom and Tina are not roommates.” Achirawich said.

“But they are roommates since primary.” Gun said.

“They were roommates when they were dating just before I joined. And when they broke up and Aom starts dating Mike, Mike talked to President Tao so I can join Aom and Tina in the room since Aom doesn’t want Tina to transfer to another room.” Nanan said.

“And why is Aom like that?” Tum asks.

“Aom doesn’t like Tina seeing other girls.” Nanan said.

“Eh? But they are not dating anymore.” Gun said.

“I shouldn’t tell you this but Aom is kind of a possessive so although she and Tina are just friends, she still gets jealous if Tina is close to other girls.” Nanan said.

“That’s a no-no.” Bee said. “It seems that Aom became so attached to Tina too much that she doesn’t want other girls to be with Tina.”

“Exactly.” Nanan said.

“Speaking of her, they are coming.” Tum said when he saw them coming.

……………………………………………………

Blue Fountain Dormitory…

Mike is still busy in the dormitory.

“Mike, you should have a break. You’ve been working since yesterday.” Tao said. “I and Thorn can work without you.”

“Thanks, President.” Mike said.

Mike went out of the dormitory and find Aom in the Pink Fountain Dormitory.

He saw Gypso coming out of the dormitory with her friends.

“Gypso, have you seen Aom?” Mike asks.

“I saw her with P’Tina.” Sorn said.

Mike doesn’t like what he heard.

“Do you know where they went?” Mike asks.

“I heard that they are going to have lunch with the LesBi Group.” Sorn said.

“Thanks.” Mike said and left.

If they are going to have a lunch with the LesBi Group, then it is only one place.

……………………………………………………

Aom is having fun with the LesBi Group. Bee really knows how to liven up the mood.

“You guys are so funny.” Aom said while wiping her tears. She cried because of laughing.

“You should hang out with us.” Bee said.

“I will if I am not busy.” Aom said.

Mike came with a serious face.

“Aom.” He called her.

“Mike.” She said.

“Get up.” He said.

Aom gets up.

Without saying a word, Mike pull Aom away from them.

……………………………………………………

“Mike, you’re hurting me. Let me go.” Aom said but Mike doesn’t listen.

Aom bites Mike’s hand.

“Ouch! Why did you bit me?” Mike asks.

“Because you’re hurting me.” Aom said. “What’s wrong with you?”

“I told you not to hang out with Tina.” Mike said.

“Again? What’s wrong with Tina?” Aom asks.

“She’s a tom.” Mike said.

“Hey, that’s discrimination.” Aom said. “Whatever you say, I will continue hanging out with Tina.”

Aom walks away.

……………………………………………………

Blue Fountain Dormitory…

Mike hang out at the swimming pool when New saw her.

“What is our Blue Fountain Dormitory Keeper doing here alone?” New asks.

“New, I need your advice.” Mike said.

“What is it?” New asks.

“It is about Aom.” Mike said. “I know that she and Tina are just friends but I am still jealous of her every time I saw her with Aom.”

“Is it because of their past?” New asks.

“Yes.” Mike said.

“Hmm… I think, it is the best that you will show her who the boss is.” New said. “Show Aom that it is ok to be Tina’s friend but she must have a limitation.”

“Do you think she will do what I say to her?” Mike asks.

“Not all but if you will tell her the reason, she might consider it.” New said.