Chapter 5 - The Nagger and The Troublemaker

Red Fountain Academy Series

“Now, you need to stay there for 30 minutes.” Alice said.

Mild loses in the game during the Welcome Party of the Pink Fountain Dormitory and as her punishment, she will stay in the pool .

“What?!” Mild said.

“30 minutes and you can go out. It should be an hour but I am being generous so I cut the time.”

“Thanks for your generosity.” Mild mockingly said.

“We will be back after 30 minutes.” Alice said.

“Don’t leave me here.” Mild shouts.

“Just bear it for 30 minutes.” Puifai said.

Everyone leaves including Mild’s friends since they can’t do anything right now.

Mild feels scared when she is alone in the pool area. It is dark and the only light is the light from a lamp post coming from the outside.

Just then, she heard a door the opened and footsteps entering the pool area.

Mild dip her body in the pool, only her head sticks out.

She saw a shadow of a man coming in.

“H-Hello? W-Who are you?” Mild asks.

“Who’s here? Students are not allowed in here during at this hour.” A familiar voice said.

“I’m Mild Wira.” Mild said.

“Mild?” the familiar voice said and walks towards her.

“Don’t come closer. I-I’m .” Mild said.

“What are you doing here? Where’s my sister?”

“Mek? Thank goodness it is you.” Mild said. “Mook and the others left along with Keerati’s group. I lose the game so this is my punishment.”

“Stay here.” Mek said and left.

“As if I can go anywhere.” Mild said.

After few minutes, Mek came back with her friends.

“Mild, we got your clothes back.” Esther said.

Mek gives the clothes to Mild. Mild quickly wears her clothes while Mek is not looking.

“You shouldn’t let them do that to you.” Mek said.

“They are popular so we don’t have a choice.” Best said.

“Can you talk about this to President Tao?” Esther asks.

“Tao is already busy with student council.” Mek said. “Go back to your dorm now.”

“Ok.” They said.

……………………………………………………

Pink Fountain Dormitory…

“How did Mek convinced Keerati’s group to get my clothes back?” Mild asks Mook and Apple when they finally back to their room.

“Actually, I don’t have any idea. At first, Keerati didn’t give up but then she just suddenly told Alice to give your clothes back.” Apple said.

“It is not about Pres. Tao?” Mild asks.

“Keerati isn’t afraid of Pres. Tao. Mek whispered something but I didn’t know what it is.” Apple said.

“Whatever it is, I am thankful that I didn’t stayed in the pool longer.” Mild said.

Mild yawned.

“We should sleep now. We will be busy tomorrow.” Mook said.

“Ok.” Mild said.

……………………………………………………

After the opening ceremony, the members of the clubs are busy with their booths.

“Join us in Art Club!” Mild is busy handing the flyers of their club to the new students.

“Bee!” Esther loudly said when they get inside the booth.

“I’m so excited about the cruise!” Bee loudly said.

“CEO March is so generous.” Esther said.

“Hey! Instead of chatting. Why don’t you help us attract more members? The Dance Club’s Booth is already packed even though we just started.” Mild said.

“How can’t it be packed when they have Oaujun, Kang, Nachjaree and Alice?” Gun said.

“They cheated. Alice and Oaujun mentioned that they are members of Dance Club.” Esther said.

“Did you even listen to the ceremony a while ago?” Gun asks. “Oaujun and Alice never mentioned that.”

“They didn’t? I thought I heard it.” Esther said.

“That’s when they introduced Prof. Four.” Gun said.

“Oh…” Esther said.

Just then, Thorn, Mike and Aom came.

Mild decided to walk away because for sure, Esther will fight Thorn again.

When she saw that the three Student Council members left, Mild went back to the booth.

“What’s wrong with you? If you have a problem with Vice-President Thorn, don’t drag the club!” Gun said to Esther.

“But it is true! We are doing great even just 5 of us but now they are going to remove our club because of that. It is his fault!” Esther said.

“Esther, please. Instead of blaming everyone, why don’t you just go out and recruit new members?” Bee said.

“Fine.” Esther said and go out.

“What happened?” Mild asks.

“The Student Council has a new order. Each club must have at least 6 members by the end of the week or the club will be remove.” Bee said.

“What?” Mild is shocked. “But why is Esther blaming Thorn?”

“It is the ex-thing.” Gun said.

“I see.” Mild said.

“I am Esther’s friend but sometimes she is going overboard. She is putting the club at risk.” Bee said.

“Just let her cool down.” Mild said. “As for now, let’s all work hard to recruit new members, ok?”

“You’re right.” Gun said.

……………………………………………………

It is already afternoon when Mild decided to take a break.

Mild is going to the cafeteria when she saw Mek leaving the academy.

“Where is he going?” Mild said and decided to follow Mek.

……………………………………………………

Mek is bored in the Film Club Booth so he decided to leave. He leaves the academy and went to a dark street. There, he saw a group of gang hanging out.

He walks towards them.

The leader of the gang saw him.

“Well, well, well, look who’s here. How are you, James’s brother?” Krist asks.

“After you betrayed my brother, you have the face to come here?” Mek said. “This is his place, not yours.”

“Have you forgotten that I am his successor? This is now my place, so if you don’t want to get hurt, better leave.” Krist said.

Krist’s gang members stands up and they are getting ready to fight.

“P’James’s should have graduating this year but because of you, he died!” Mek said.

“Hey! You don’t know anything.” Gunsmile said.

“Don’t you think that it is your fault why he died?” Krist asks.

Mek get mad and punches Krist on his jaw.

Gunsmile punches Mek.

Mek is about to attack Gunsmile when Mild shouts.

“Mek!” Mild shouts.

Mild runs towards him.

“Mek, stop it! If you get yourself in to trouble, Mook will be the one to suffer.” Mild said.

Mild holds Mek’s hand and pull him away.

Krist watches them leaving.

“Gunsmile, I want to know anything about that cute girl.” Krist said.

……………………………………………………

“If I didn’t follow you, you will get yourself in to trouble again. What are you thinking? Is fighting always on your head? Don’t you care for your sister? You are so selfish!” Mild didn’t stop nagging Mek while they are walking back to the academy, still pulling Mek.

Mek removes his hand from Mild.

“Stop nagging! My ears are bleeding because of your nagging.” Mek said.

“I will nag you until you stop fighting.” Mild said.

“You’re not my girlfriend.” Mek said.

“But I am Mook’s best friend.” Mild said.

“You are not her best friend. If you are her best friend, why do I always see her alone?” Mek said. “You are just a group that are against Gypsy’s group but you never become a best friend to Mook.”

“Look who’s talking. As her brother, you must always be on her side, too.” Mild said.

“You don’t know anything so shut your mouth.” Mek said and walks away.

“Hey!” Mild shouts.

“Mild, who are you shouting at?” Victor asks.

“Oh! Hi, Victor.” Mild said. “I am shouting at Mek.”

“You should stop bothering him. You might get yourself into trouble.” Victor said.

“My only concern is Mook.” Mild said.

“Mek will not let his sister get into trouble.” Victor said.

Mild sighed.

Victor messes Mild’s hair.

“Hey!” Mild said.

“How about let’s go to the cafeteria? I left the swimming club booth because I’m hungry.” Victor said.

“Actually, I am on my way to the cafeteria when I saw Mek.” Mild said.

“Then, let’s go.” Victor said.

……………………………………………………

Mild doesn’t stop talking even when they are in the cafeteria. She is still talking about Mek.

“Mild, sometimes, I feel jealous. I feel like you are closer to Mek than me.” Victor said.

“I and Mer are not close, ok? I am just concern about Mook. Besides, you don’t need to be jealous because you are my one and only guy friend.” Mild said.

“Not boyfriend.” Victor whispered.

“What?” Mild asks.

“Nothing.” Victor said.

Just then, two new girls came to their table.

“Excuse us. Are you Victor Zhang?” one of them asks.

“Yes.” Victor said.

“Can we have your autograph?” another one asks.

“Sure.” Victor said.

The girls are happy while they give their notebooks to Victor and watch him signing it.

“Thank you so much.” The girls said.

“Sorry if we disturb your date.” One of them said.

“We’re not dating.” Mild said.

“Do we look like we are dating?” Victor asks.

“Yes. You look good together.”

Victor winks at Mild.

“Hey!” Mild said but she blushed.

The girls left while smiling.

“Why are you blushing?” Victor asks.

“Just eat.” Mild said and shoved a bread to Victor’s mouth.

……………………………………………………

After disturbing her brother in the Film Club Booth, Mook and Mek went to the cafeteria.

“What would you like to eat?” Mook asks who is very happy that finally she’s with her brother.

“It’s up to you.” Mek said and sat down.

Mook went to the counter.

While looking around, Mek saw Victor and Mild not too far from him. The two are sweet to each other.

Mek smirked.

Just then, he feels that someone is staring at him. When he look around again, he saw Alice standing outside the cafeteria and looking at him.

Alice quickly left when he saw her.

Mook came back with two slices of cake and drinks.

Mek eats the cake.

Mook wants to say something but she is hesitating.

“If you’re going to persuade me again to go to the dinner this Saturday, no need for that. I’m coming.” Mek said.

Mook’s face became bright. “Really?”

“Don’t think too much. I am only doing this because of you.” Mek said.

Mook stands up and hugs Mek from the back.

“Thank you so much, Mek.” Mook said.

“Stop it. Just eat your cake.” Mek said.

“Ok.” Mook said and went back to her seat and starts eating the cake.

……………………………………………………

Mild saw the twins in the cafeteria but she didn’t bother to approach them since it is really rare to see the twins together.

She suddenly remembered what Mek said to her.

It is true that Mook is always alone but that’s because Mook prefers to be alone. In their group, Fern and Mook prefer to be alone.

Ever since she came in Red Fountain Academy, her group of friends never change but after all those years, she admit that she doesn’t know them well especially Mook and Fern.

“Mild?” Victor interrupts her from her thoughts.

“Huh?” Mild asks.

“You became quiet.” Victor said.

“I’m just thinking that… this will be our last year together. Apple will study in Bangkok. Esther is leaving Thailand. While others doesn’t know if they will stay here. So, I am thinking to spend more time with my friends this year.” Mild said.

“Including me?” Victor asks.

“Of course. You are one of my friends.” Mild said. ‘And also Mek. If I spend time with him, it means that I will stay him away from trouble.

……………………………………………………

Victor is going back to the booth when he saw Apple.

“Apple, hey!” Victor called her.

“Hi, Victor.” Apple said.

“Where are you going?” Victor asks.

“I am going back to the booth.” Apple said. “I just went to see Prof. Bie.”

“What is Prof. Bie wants?” Victor asks.

“He gave me an application form for Chulalongkorn University.” Apple said.

“So, what Mild said is true. You are leaving R.F.A” Victor said.

“I haven’t decided yet.” Apple said.

“But Chulalongkorn is the university that is right for you.” Victor said.

“I know. But I can’t leave Mild.” Apple said. “Now, that she is trying to involve with Mek’s life.”

“What do you mean?” Victor asks.

“Even though Mild doesn’t say it to me, I know that she is very much worried about Mook. Mook wants to see her brother finishing high school and it will only happen if he will get himself into trouble. But you know how a troublemaker Mek is. Now, Mild wants to stop Mek from being a troublemaker that’s why she is trying to get involve to his life.” Apple said.

“That’s dangerous.” Victor said.

“I know.” Apple said.

“I have a plan.” Victor said.

“What?” Apple asks.

“You know how much I like Mild, right?” Victor asks.

Apple nodded.

“Maybe it is time for me to confess my feelings to her.” Victor said.

Apple is shocked.

“If I start to be her suitor, Mild’s attention will turn to me.” Victor said. “How’s that?”

“But Mild only thinks you as a friend.” Apple said.

“I know that but we never know, it might change.” Victor said. “Will you help me?”

“I’ll help you but just because I don’t want her to meddle with Mek’s life.” Apple said.

Victor smiled.

“You’re the best, Apple.” Victor said. “I’m lucky that you are friend.”

Apple just smiled a little.

……………………………………………………

That night…

Apple is filling up the application form for Chulalongkorn University when Mild saw it and reads.

“You already have the application form for Chulalongkorn University? Wow! Apple, I’m so proud of you.” Mild said.

“But I haven’t decided yet.” Apple said. “I am just filling up the form.”

“But why? That’s the best university for you.” Mild said.

“Our academy is also the best for me.” Apple said.

“But your dream is to be a scientist, right? Chulalongkorn University is the best for your dream.” Mild said.

“But I want to stay with you.” Apple said.

“My brain are no match for Chulalongkorn University.” Mild said. “Apple, I know you are worried about me because of me trying to help Mook. But trust me, I will not put myself in danger, ok? I know when I should stop. Just let me try to make Mek graduates.”

“Fine. As if I am leaving just before the graduation.” Apple said.

“And remember the cruise, ok?” Mild said.

“That’s right.” Apple said.

Mook came out from the bathroom.

“Mook, we are going to the mall this weekend.” Mild said.

“Pass. I’m going back home Friday night. Pa and ma want us to join them for dinner before they go on cruise.” Mook said.

“Us? You mean your brother?” Mild asks.

“Yes.” Mook said.

“That’s new.” Mild said. “I thought your father doesn’t like Mek.”

“He doesn’t like Mek causing trouble. Not that he doesn’t like Mek.” Mook corrected. “Besides, it is ma who wants him to join the dinner.”

“I knew it.” Mild said.

“Mild, don’t just judge my brother. He’s a nice person. You don’t know what he’s being through. It is not just he became troublemaker without a reason.” Mook said. “You must be thankful because he helped you last night.”

Somehow, Mild felt guilty. Mek helped her last night from Gypsy’s group and she should be thankful for him.