Chapter 9 - Side Story

Red Fountain Academy Series

Classroom…

“Tina, what is your girlfriend means when she said I am the ‘clingy ex-girlfriend’?” Aom asks.

“It was nothing. Don’t think about it.” Tina said.

“Are you talking about me to her without telling me?” Aom asks.

“It was really nothing. Don’t make it a big deal.” Tina said.

“I don’t like your girlfriend. Instead of being nice to me, she said that I am a clingy ex-girlfriend. I am not clingy.” Aom said.

“But you are clingy.” Nanan said.

Aom glares at Nanan.

Puifai and the others arrived.

“We’re going to a movie theatre this Saturday. Wanna come?” Puifai asks Som.

“Pass. I and my baby are going on a date.” Som said.

“What about you, Aom?” Puifai asks.

“Date.” Aom said.

“Now I am envious.” Puifai said.

“Kan is back.” Tina said.

“Shut up.” Puifai said.

“If he’s back. Does it mean that he will be our classmate again?” Nanan asks.

“I hope not.” Puifai said.

“Good job for changing the topic, Tina. I am not done to you.” Aom said and change her seat. She sit next to Mike.

“What’s wrong with Aom?” Som asks.

“You mean the clingy ex-girlfriend.” Nanan said.

“Nanan, stop it.” Tina said.

……………………………………………………

“Clingy ex-girlfriend? Am I a clingy ex-girlfriend?” Aom is talking to Proud. They are at the Film Club room.

“Want an honest answer?” Proud asks.

“Of course.” Aom said.

“You’re clingy.” Proud said.

Aom gasped.

“I understand that you and Tina are a couple turn to best friend but you must understand that Tina is already dating someone and same goes to you. You can’t just do what you used to do when you were a couple anymore.” Proud said.

“Still I don’t like her girlfriend. There is something in her that I don’t like but I don’t know what it is.” Aom said.

“For the person you just barely met, you are already thinking like that?” Proud asks.

“Shall I ask Tina to break up the girl?” Aom asks.

Proud’s eyes widened.

“Are you crazy? Hey… Aom Sushar Manaying, you’re not acting like a member of Student Council anymore.” Proud said.

“I’d better ask Tina.” Aom said and left.

Proud sighed. “This is not good.”

……………………………………………………

Pink Fountain Dormitory…

Aom is going to the swimming pool when she noticed Pemy and her friends at the lounge area. The group are talking and when she arrived, they stop and looks at her.

Aom feels that Pemy’s group is talking something behind her back but she prefers to ignore them.

Aom joins Gypsy in the pool.

“Gypsy, what do you think of Tina’s girlfriend?” Aom asks.

“I haven’t met her but Proud told me that Tina’s girlfriend called you ‘clingy ex-girlfriend’.” Gypsy said.

“It irritates me.” Aom said. “But that’s not the point. Before I go here, I saw her and her friends in the lounge area. When they saw me, they stop talking. I feel like they are talking behind my back.”

Gypsy sat on the side of the pool.

“I think she is jealous at you.” Gypsy said. “Even if I am the girlfriend, I would be jealous because I can only see Tina every weekend while she is always with her ex-girlfriend every weekdays plus that they are roommates.”

“But she doesn’t need to be jealous.” Aom said.

“Or she does?” Gypsy asks while staring at Aom’s eyes.

“Aom, tell me honestly, after all you are also one of my friends, you just don’t like hanging out with us. Anyway, be honest with me, do you still have feelings to Tina?” Gypsy asks.

“Come on! Mike is my boyfriend now.” Aom said.

“You can have a boyfriend even though you like someone else.” Gypsy said. “You and Tina broke up not because you don’t love each other anymore but you broke up because of your family.”

Aom sat next to Gypsy.

“It is true that we broke up because of my family but when I met Mike, my feelings for him is true. Maybe, I don’t know, maybe there is something inside of me that still can’t get over with Tina but I know for sure that I love Mike.” Aom said.

Gypsy pats Aom’s head.

“I hope that what you said is true. I don’t want you to be hurt. If you need help, I am here.” Gypsy said.

“Thanks, Gypsy.” Aom said.

……………………………………………………

Blue Fountain Dormitory…

Mike is going to sleep when Bambam came to their room.

“Oh? P’Singto isn’t here?” Bambam asks.

“Not new.” Mike said.

“P’Mike, did you heard the latest rumor?” Bambam asks.

“I don’t listen to rumors.” Mike said.

“But it is about P’Aom.” Bambam said.

“What about my girlfriend?” Mike asks.

“That P’Aom is a clingy ex-girlfriend that even though she and P’Tina are not dating anymore, she is still acting like a girlfriend to her.” Bambam said.

“And who said that?” Mike asks.

“I just heard it from my classmates.” Bambam said.

“Give me their names tomorrow.” Mike said.

“Ok.” Bambam said.

……………………………………………………

Friday…

After the class, Tao called Tina and Aom.

“You two knew that I don’t believe in rumors, right?” Tao said.

The two nodded.

“But if it involves the member of the Student Council, I can’t let those rumors circulate around the academy.” Tao said. “And if I found the person that is responsible with these rumors, he or she will get the harsh punishment.”

The two are just quietly listening.

“As members of the Student Council, I am hoping that you two will be good examples to the students. The students must learn and respect us.” Tao said.

“Yes, President Tao.” They said.

“Go now.” Tao said.

Tina and Aom left. The two are not talking to each other until they got back to the dormitory.

……………………………………………………

After checking the locks, Aom went to her room.

Nanan is watching a movie from her laptop.

Tina is reading a book.

Aom changes her uniform to her pajamas and went to the bathroom to wash her face.

Tina followed her.

“Aom, with these rumors circulating around, I’ve decided that I should now stay with Pemy in her room.” Tina said.

“What?!” Aom was shocked.

“I thought that staying together in one room makes the people believe that the rumors are true.” Tina said.

“Isn’t it your fault? You’re the one who talking behind my back to your girlfriend.” Aom said.

“I am not. She was just asking about you so I told her some things.” Tina said.

“Yeah… some things… like clingy ex-girlfriend.” Aom said.

“I didn’t told her that.” Tina said. “Look, all I want is to get the rumors gone.”

“If you want the rumors gone, break with your girlfriend.” Aom said.

“Break with my girlfriend? What are you talking about?” Tina asks.

“Obviously, your girlfriend doesn’t like me so she started those rumors.” Aom said.

“Pemy doesn’t have a reason to dislike you since she never met you personally.” Tina said.

“Break with her or I will kick her out of the dormitory.” Aom said.

“You can’t do that. That’s abusive of authority.” Tina said.

“You choose. Your girlfriend or me?” Aom said.

“You’re acting like a clingy ex-girlfriend.” Tina said.

Aom slaps Tina and walks out.

……………………………………………………

The next day, Mike and Aom went on a date but even though Aom tried to be happy, Mike still noticed that there is something wrong.

“Care to tell what’s wrong?” Mike asks while they are having dinner.

“I’m sorry, Mike. I am ruining our special day.” Aom said.

“Is this about the rumors?” Mike asks.

“You knew about the rumors?” Aom asks. “Of course you knew.”

“But I still believe on you.” Mike said.

Aom smiled.

“But if only those rumors, I wouldn’t be affected like this.” Aom said.

“Then, what’s wrong?” Mike asks.

“Tina wants to move out of our room and stay with her girlfriend and because of that we argued and she called me clingy ex-girlfriend.” Aom said. “I can still bear with it if other people will say it but from her? She just admit that she was the one who told that to her girlfriend.”

“But you’re not clingy. Of course, you two are close but if you’re clingy, you will not let her have another girlfriend.” Mike said.

 Aom stands up and went to Mike to give him a hug.

“I’m so lucky that you’re my boyfriend.” Aom said.

“And I’m lucky that you’re my girlfriend.” Mike said. “Come, let’s eat.”

……………………………………………………

Sunday night…

Tina is packing her things. She made her decision and she is going to stay with Pemy.

“Sushar, I just want you to know that I will be staying with Pemy.” Tina said.

Aom smirked.

“It’s only Sushar now.” Aom said.

Aom took a deep breath.

“Well, you must have forgotten the rule of the Pink Fountain Dormitory, Supanart.” Aom said calling Tina in her real name. “Rule number 3, students with relationship like dating are not allowed to be in the same room. Students that will found guilty will be face a punishment.”

“Sushar, please…” Tina begs.

“I don’t want you in my room, too, but rules are rules, I can transfer you to other rooms except to your girlfriend’s room.” Aom said.

“Can’t we just at least be friends again?” Tina asks.

Aom smirked. “Not a chance.” Aom said. “This is your card key. You can go to your new room now.”

Tina take the card key from Aom and after packing her things, she left.

Aom cries as soon as Tina closes the door.

Nanan came in and saw her.

“Na-Nanan…” Aom said and runs towards her and hugs her.

Nanan let Aom cry on her shoulders.

……………………………………………………

“Nanan, we have a meeting today after class.” Tina said.

“Pass. I already told it to Push and Proud. I have a meeting with my manager tonight.” Nanan said.

“You’re going to Bangkok? It’s only Wednesday.” Tina said.

“No. She’s here. I’ll just meet her in the restaurant.” Nanan said.

“Can’t you at least stay in the meeting?” Tina asks.

“You feel awkward now because of what you did to Aom, right?” Nanan said.

“Let’s not talk about it, please.” Tina said.

“I can’t believe that you will sacrifice your friendship to your girlfriend. Lucky I am that I know Pemy so she can trust me.” Nanan said.

“Nanan, I don’t want your lecture now. I just want you to attend the meeting.” Tina said.

“No luck. Sorry.” Nanan said and left.

……………………………………………………

Film Club…

“Aom will be the main actress and Proud will be the villain actress.” Push said. “And for the other roles, Tina will play Aom’s friend.”

“Sorry but we’re not friends anymore so I don’t allow her to be close to me in the film.” Aom said.

“Sushar, can’t you just be professional?” Tina asks.

Aom rolled her eyes.

“Girls, come on! Can’t you at least work together for the sake of the anniversary?” Proud said.

“Fine with me. After all, I don’t let my personal problems be a burden to my work.” Tina said.

“Aom?” Proud asks.

“Fine.” Aom said.

“Ok. It is settle then.” Push said.

“But don’t blame me if your girlfriend will start another rumor about me.” Aom said to Tina.

“She won’t.” Tina assures her.

……………………………………………………

Nanan is in a restaurant waiting for her manager to come.

“Mind if I join you?” a familiar voice said.

Nanan doesn’t need to look at the person who owns that voice because she knew who it is. The voice that she wanted to forget.

The person didn’t wait for her answer and sat to the seat on her front.

“How are you, Nanan?” the person asks.

Name: Kanut Thabkaew aka Baan

Description: The Nice Guy

“I don’t know what you are doing here but all I know is I don’t want to see you again.” Nanan coldly said and stands up.

She is about to leave when her manager arrived.

“I’m sorry, I’m late.” Note said. She is Nanan and Esther’s manager.

“P’Note, let’s talk somewhere.” Nanan said.

“Why?” Note asks and then she noticed Baan. “Oh! Great! Baan is already here. We can start the meeting.”

“Wait! He is also with us?” Nanan asks.

“Yes. You and Baan will be working together for a CF.” Note said.

Nanan is shock. This can’t be happening!

……………………………………………………

The next day, Tina and Aom were called by Tao again.

“I called you here because someone told me that you two are having problems.” Tao said.

“President, our problem is personal so we don’t want you to get involve.” Tina said.

“But Aom is the treasurer and you are the sergeant-at-arms of this student council. What I hate the most is knowing that some members of the student council are having problems to each other because it can affect the whole group.” Tao said.

“We will resolve it, President Tao.” Aom said.

“I hope so.” Tao said. “Dismiss.”

Aom and Tina left.

“And how you will resolve it?” Tina asks.

“Simple. Let’s pretend that we are ok in front of President.” Aom said.

“Can you do it?” Tina asks.

“I’m an actress.” Aom said.

“Ok.” Tina said.

……………………………………………………

Nanan is not in her usual self after the meeting.

“Earth to Nanan, hello? Are you there?” Bee asks. The LesGay Group is in their usual hang out place.

“Huh?” Nanan said.

“Oh my. What’s wrong with you?” Bee asks.

“It’s my ex.” Nanan said.

“Girl or boy?” Tum asks.

“Hey! I never had a girlfriend.” Nanan said.

“Then, it is your first love.” Gun said.

“What is your problem with your ex?” Bee asks.

“He’s back.” Nanan said.

“He wants to get back to you?” Achirawich asks.

“No. He is working with me.” Nanan said.

“Awkward.” They said.

“Should I cancel it?” Nanan asks.

“But you need money for your mom, right?” Gun said.

“Yes.” Nanan said. Nanan felt sad remembering her sick mother.

“Then do the job. Be a professional and show him that he is nothing to you anymore.” Bee said.

“You’re right.” Nanan said. ‘Baan is nothing to me. He is just a past. I’ll show to him that I don’t love him anymore.

……………………………………………………

Aom is going to the dining room when she saw Tina and Pemy sweet together in the lounge area.

Amaranth Pink Card for Supanart and Peramin.” Aom said.

“What? What did we do?” Pemy angrily asks.

“Displaying affectionate to each other in public is strictly prohibited. If you read the rules of Pink Fountain Dormitory, you should know it but I doubt that you even read it because all you care is to be with your girlfriend.” Aom said. “Also, blame your girlfriend because she didn’t tell you the rules and even disobey the rule.”

“It is your fault. If you just let her stay in my room.” Pemy said.

“And it will be another offense since it is also against the rule.” Aom said. “So, please remember all the rules. Goodnight.”

Aom left.