Chapter 22 - The Ambassadress and The Architect

Red Fountain Academy Series

Gypsy woke up in the unfamiliar room. She looks around and saw Puifai sleeping on the couch.

“Puifai…” she softly said.

Puifai woke up.

“Gypsy. Are you alright? Do you feel anything?” Puifai worriedly asks.

“I’m fine. I think so.” Gypsy said.

 She tried to move her feet but she can’t.

“My feet. I can’t move.” Gypsy said.

“I’ll call the doctor.” Puifai said and gets out of the room.

After few seconds, the doctor arrived and check on Gypsy.

“Due to the weight of the props that fell on your feet, you can’t walk for a while.” The doctor said.

“How long?” Gypsy asks.

“Minimum of 3 months.” The doctor said.

“But I have a musical.” Gypsy said.

“I’m sorry. If you force yourself, it might get worse.” The doctor said.

“No! This can’t be happening!” Gypsy shouts and cries. She is hysterical.

The doctor and the nurse are trying to calm her down.

Moo and Amp arrived.

The nurse put her to sleep.

Puifai decided to go back to the dormitory.

……………………………………………………

Pink Fountain Dormitory…

Puifai went back to the dormitory to take a bath. After taking a bath, she saw Alice inside the dorm.

“How’s Gypsy?” Alice asks.

“She can’t walk for 3 months.” Puifai said.

“What? What about the play?” Alice asks.

“Obviously the understudy will replace her.” Puifai said.

“That Supreeleela must have been happy now.” Alice said. “Gypsy made a wrong choice for being friendly to her. She must expelled!”

Puifai opens the door.

“Where are you going?” Alice asks.

“I’m going to see someone.” Puifai said.

……………………………………………………

Inside Wawa, Bifern and Mind’s room…

“My plan works. At last, one more actress and the role will be mine.” Wawa said.

“And I’m sure those two groups will fight until the end.” Mind said.

Their conversations got interrupted because of knock on the door.

Bifern opens the door.

Puifai just get inside the room.

“What did you do? There’s no plan about hurting Gypsy.” Puifai said.

“My dear, our plan is to make Esther look like she hurt Keerati so you can get back your best friend.” Wawa said.

“I can’t accept this. I want her back but not to the point on ruining her dream. I’m gonna tell this to President Tao.” Puifai said.

“Go on. Tell them. So you will be expelled too.” Bifern said. “Do you think we don’t think this will gonna happen? Our conversation recorded the last time. We can show it to President Tao.”

Puifai is speechless.

The wanna-be-girls smiled.

“Just stay quiet and enjoy being Keerati’s best friend.” Mind said.

Bifern opens the door.

Puifai goes out.

……………………………………………………

Jes visited Gypsy in the hospital.

“Hey there, lovely.” Jes cheerfully said.

“Jes…” Gypsy emotionally said and starts crying.

Jes got panic and approached her.

“Don’t cry, baby.” Jes said while wiping her tears.

“My dream is gone. I can’t be the main actress anymore.” Gypsy said.

“There’s another opportunity. It maybe not yours today but someday it will be yours.” Jes said.

“But I worked hard of it and it just ended because of that accident!” Gypsy said.

“Don’t cry now.” Jes said.

Gypsy stops crying.

“Did they caught who did this to me?” Gypsy asks.

“Uhmm… Not yet. They are still investigating.” Jes said.

“Do they have a suspect?” Gypsy asks.

Jes doesn’t know what to say. If he told her ‘yes’, she will ask who it is and he can’t tell her that the suspect is Esther.

“None.” Jes lied.

Gypsy sighed.

“If I found out who it is, he or she will experience the wrath of Keerati Mahapreukpong.” Gypsy said.

……………………………………………………

Red Fountain Academy…

Cherreen and Thanaerng are having lunch at the cafeteria when Jes came.

“I need your help.” Jes said.

“Not now, Jes.” Cherreen said.

“I am talking to Thanaerng.” Jes said.

“Is this about Gypsy’s accident?” Thanaerng asks.

“Jes, as far as I want, I don’t want to be involve with her problems.” Cherreen said. “Also Thanaerng who happened to be my best friend.”

“Gypsy is your-”

“Was.” Cherreen corrected.

“No. Gypsy is your friend and she needs you. I don’t stick my nose to your problems but as far as I know, you have a problem with Puifai not to Gypsy. And if you actually believed what Puifai said in the video, then you shouldn’t hate Puifai.” Jes said.

“Look. I hate Puifai and I don’t believe of what she said in the video. Gypsy have new friends now and now she betrayed her. It is her fault so she need to solve her problems now on her own.” Cherreen said.

“Esther didn’t betrayed Gypsy.” Thanaerng said.

Jes and Cherreen look at her.

“Thanaerng, is this about you going around the academy and taking videos of other people?” Cherreen asks.

Thanaerng nodded.

Jes and Cherreen look at each other.

……………………………………………………

Alice, Proud, Puifai and Som meet at their favorite place.

“Where are Cherreen and Thanaerng?” Proud asks.

“Cherreen doesn’t want to meet us because of Puifai.” Alice said. “Anyway, we came here because of Gypsy. I felt guilty of what I did to her.”

“Wow… If Gypsy didn’t involve in the accident, you will never feel guilty.” Som said.

“Som…” Proud said.

“Come on! Let’s be honest. I left the group because the way you think to others. All of you use each other for your own personal interest but in the end you blame all of it to Gypsy and left her. Good thing, she found new friends. Friends that will be honest to her. They will tell her what’s right or wrong. And I am lucky to be found them.” Som said.

“Supreeleela hurt Gypsy. Is that a true friend?” Puifai said.

“Esther never hurt anyone. Yes, she hated Gypsy but they became friends. If Esther really wants to hurt her, she must have already done it years ago.” Som said.

“I didn’t call you to argue or tell to our faces that we were wrong of leaving Gypsy. I called you so we can all apologize to Gypsy and be on her side on the time like this.” Alice said.

“She’s right, you know.” Proud said.

“I’m in.” Puifai said.

“Me too.” Proud said.

“Fine.” Som said.

……………………………………………………

Gypsy is alone in her room in the hospital. She tried to move her feet but she fell on the move.

“Gypsy!” Puifai said when she opens the door.

Puifai, Som, Alice and Proud help her to get back on the bed.

“You shouldn’t force yourself.” Puifai said.

“Why are you all here?” Gypsy asks.

“We want to apologize.” Alice said. “We are sorry for what we did to you.”

“Forget about it.” Gypsy said. “I’m just glad that you are here.”

Puifai, Alice and Proud hug Gypsy.

Then, they look at Som who remained standing.

“Som…” Gypsy said.

“Oh alright!” Som said and smiled.

She joined them.

“Oh! We only missing Cherreen and Thanaerng.” Gypsy said.

“Please… Don’t mention her name.” Puifai said.

Gypsy sighed but she just let Puifai. The war between Puifai and Cherreen will be end eventually.

Amp came in with a basket of fruits.

“Your friends are here.” Amp said.

“Hello, P’Amp.” They said.

“You, girls, should go back to the academy now. Lately, gangsters are out at night. It is dangerous for the girls like you to be outside at night.” Amp said.

“We’d better go now. Bye, Gypsy.” Puifai said.

……………………………………………………

Gypsy is reading the script when Gypso came.

“Hi, sis.” Gypso said.

“Hey. How are you?” Gypsy asks.

“I should be the one asking you that. Staying in the hospital must be boring.” Gypso said.

“You bet.” Gypsy said.

“What are you reading?” Gypso asks.

“The script.” Gypsy said.

Gypso sighed.

“P…” Gypso said.

“Gypso, I know I will never be Anne Mahapreukpong. I just want to read it.” Gypsy said.

“Ok…” Gypso said. “Oh? You have fruits. Do you want me to peel an apple for you?”

“Sure. P’Amp brought that yesterday.” Gypsy said.

“Oh.” Gypso said. She doesn’t understand why but she feels jealous about it.

“How’s P’Piglet?” Gypsy asks.

“She’s doing great.” Gypso said.

“I’m glad.” Gypsy said. “Gypso, I want to visit the theatre.”

“Eh? But pa said that you should take a rest.” Gypso said.

“I just want to see it. Please…” Gypsy said.

“But pa will get mad.” Gypso said.

“And since when did you concerned about pa being mad?” Gypsy asks.

“Uhmm… You’re right.” Gypso said. “Wait here. I’ll call someone.”

Gypso goes out of the room.

……………………………………………………

College’s Theatre…

“Good job, Tonson.” Namcha said. “It is Gypso’s turn. Did she already arrived?”

“Not yet, Prof. Namcha.” Tum said.

“Alright… Piglet, your turn.” Namcha said.

“I’m sorry, I’m late.” Gypso said.

Everyone looks at the entrance.

Gypso came while pushing Gypsy’s wheelchair.

Everyone is happy to see her and they all gather around except Wawa and Tonson.

“You shouldn’t be here. If pa finds out that you are here, he will get mad. You should stay in the hospital.” Tonson said breaking the joyful atmosphere.

“Don’t be so negative, Tonson. P’Gypsy misses all of us.” Gypso said.

“Shut up! This is your plan, right? Wait until pa know about this.” Tonson said.

“She can’t do that without my help, Tonson.” Jes said. “I drove them from Bangkok.”

Tonson smirked. “Do you think pa will forgive all of you because of you? He won’t.”

“Tonson, that’s enough. I’m fine. I am bored in the hospital so I asked them to bring me here.” Gypsy said. “Can’t you at least be happy to see me? You never visit the hospital to see me.”

Tonson walks away.

“How are you, Gypsy?” Piglet asks.

“I’m fine.” Gypsy said.

Gypsy looks around. “Where’s Esther?”

Everyone looks away.

“What’s wrong? Fern, Mook, Mild, Neen, where’s Esther?” Gypsy asks.

“G-Gypsy, Esther was called by the Student Council.” Fern said.

“Why? Did she and Puifai fought?” Gypsy asks.

“No… It is not that.” Fern said.

“Then, why?” Gypsy asks.

“Esther was accused of hurting you.” Namcha said.

Gypsy was shocked.

“What?!!! It can’t be!” Gypsy said. “I want to go to the Student Council.”

“But…” Gypso said.

“Jes, bring me to the Student Council.” Gypsy said.

“I can’t.” Jes said.

“My friend is being accused and I need to protect her.” Gypsy said.

“There’s a witness.” Tum said.

“Who?” Gypsy asks.

“Natthapat.” Tum said.

Gypsy is shocked.

“What are you doing here?” Vichuda asks when she arrived.

“Auntie.” Gypso said.

“Gypsy, you need to go back to the hospital.” Vichuda said.

“Auntie, is it true that Esther put me on to this state?” Gypsy asks.

“Yes she is and she must pay for it.” Vichuda said.

“But I don’t believe it.” Gypsy said.

“We have a witness.” Vichuda said. “Jes, bring her back to the hospital.”

“I’m coming with them.” Gypso said.

“Ok.” Vichuda said.

……………………………………………………

Back at the hospital, Gypsy had a fever. Her father is very angry at Jes and Gypso that they are not allowed to visit her.

After staying at the hospital for few days, Gypsy will be staying in the mansion until she can walk again.

It is Saturday when Puifai visits her.

“How are you, sissy?” Puifai asks when she enters the room.

Gypsy is on her wheelchair at the terrace.

“Puifai, did you really saw Esther lose the rope of the props so it will fall on me?” Gypsy asks without looking at her.

“Yes, of course.” Puifai lied. She felt guilty but she need to lie so Gypsy will not hate her.

“What are you doing in the theatre that time? Don’t you hate me that time?” Gypsy asks.

“I hated you that time but I still want to see you so I watched the rehearsal.” Puifai said.

Gypsy felt silent.

“Do you think I lied to the Student Council so that Supreeleela will be expelled?” Puifai asks.

Gypsy looks at her.

“You can’t blame me if I think like that, can you?” Gypsy asks. “The time that you all left me, Esther offers her friendship to me. So, it is hard to believe that she hurt me.”

“She is your enemy. You never know but it was her strategy so she can gain your trust and when your back is turned, she did her next plan.” Puifai said.

Gypsy massage her forehead.

“Please, leave. I want to be alone. My head is aching.” Gypsy said.

Puifai sighed and goes out of the room.

……………………………………………………

That night, after dinner, Gypsy called Esther.

“Hey, how are you?” Gypsy asks.

“I should be the one asking you that. I’m sorry if I didn’t visited you in the hospital. Natthapat and your father don’t allow me.” Esther said.

“I understand. I am worried about you. I don’t believe that you did it. You’re innocent.” Gypsy said.

“Thanks for believing on me.” Esther said.

“I will do anything to prove that you’re innocent.” Gypsy said.

“Thank you, Gypsy.” Esther said.


Trivia #22

I cringe every time I try to write love moments so there is actually few love moments in the story.