Chapter 2 - The Swimmer & The Comedian

Red Fountain Academy Series

The night before going back to school, Best is busy packing her things when her mother came in her room.

“Do you need my help?” Best’s mother asks.

Name: Sawitree Samipak aka Tong

Description: The Dedicated Mother

“I can manage.” Best said.

“Best, this will be your last year in the academy. Try to stay out of trouble.” Tong said.

“I will as long as Natthapat will not do anything.” Best said.

……………………………………………………

Nicky is packing his things that he will bring to the academy when someone enters the room.

“P’Nicky!” a girl called him.

“Oh! Noon!” Nicky said.

Name: Sutthipha Kongnawdee aka Noon

Description: Childhood Friend

“You’re just packing your things now? We’re leaving tomorrow.” Noon said.

Noon is Nicky and Mouse’s childhood friend.

“We?” Nicky asks.

Noon smiled. “I am transferring in Red Fountain Academy.” She said.

“Eh? Cool!” Nicky said.

“Finally, I and P’Mouse will be together.” She said.

“Ah… Because of my brother that is why you are transferring, huh?” Nicky said.

She nodded.

“Good luck if you will be able to see him.” Nicky said.

“Why is that?” she asks.

Nicky smiled widely.

“What is it? Tell me.” She asks and poke Nicky’s side.

“Hey! Hahaha! Stop it! Hahaha!” Nicky said while laughing.

“Bro, this is yours not mine.” Mouse said when he enters the room.

Mouse throw the polo shirt to Nicky.

“Thanks, bro.” Nicky said.

“Hi, P’Mouse.” Noon greets.

Mouse just look at her and left.

“He didn’t even greeted me back.” Noon said.

“That’s my bro.” Nicky said.

Although, Nicky and Mouse are twin brothers, the twins are very different. Nicky is a noisy, energetic and friendly guy. Mouse is a quiet and lonely guy. Also, they are not identical. Mouse is more handsome than Nicky. Mouse is also quite famous in Red Fountain Academy but he doesn’t care about it while Nicky is trying hard to be one of the famous guys in Red Fountain Academy.

……………………………………………………

Two little girls are playing on a garden when a man came to join them.

“What are the beautiful girls playing?” he asks.

“Papa, we’re playing princesses.” One of the little girls said.

“Uncle, we don’t have a prince. Can you be the prince?” the other little girl said.

“Ok.” He said.

The three are happily playing when police came.

“Mr. Kinviriyatanachite, you’re under arrest for stealing money.” The police said.

“What? I didn’t stole any money.” He said.

“Papa?” his daughter said.

“It’s ok, princess. I will come back home. Just wait for papa, ok?” he said before leaving with the police.

Best woke up from her dream. She sighed. She gets up and went to the bathroom to get ready to go back to school.

……………………………………………………

Blue Fountain Dormitory…

“New, my man! How’s vacation?!” Nicky loudly said when he and his twin brother, Mouse, enter their room.

“I’m not your man, Nicky. Besides, can’t you keep your voice down low? It hurts my ears.” New said.

“Come on, my man, we’ve been together in this room for years. You should have already used of my voice. Look at my handsome brother who got the looks from me, he doesn’t mad at my voice.” Nicky said. “Right, Mouse?”

But when they look at the Mouse’s bed, it is empty.

“Where did he go?” Nicky asks.

“I don’t know.” New said.

“I think, I’d better visit my love, Best.” Nicky said and left.

“Finally, a moment of peace.” New said.

……………………………………………………

After taking an anti-allergy medicine, Best walk around the academy when she saw Nicky.

“My love! I miss you so much!” Nicky loudly said while running towards her.

Best is embarrassed because of Nicky. The new students are laughing at Nicky.

Before even Nicky got close, Best avoids him.

“My love, wait for me!” Nicky said.

Nicky is being clingy to Best until they arrived at the Noodle Restaurant.

“Hey! Leave me alone!” Best yells at Nicky.

But it seems that it doesn’t affect Nicky.

Best is avoiding Nicky until she accidentally bump into the children.

The child cried.

“Oh! I’m so sorry.” Best said. She is not good in handling the children so she doesn’t know what to do.

Puifai saw it and approached the child and carry her.

“It’s ok, don’t cry, baby.” Puifai said.

The child is still crying.

“Are you hurt? Do you want a candy? I have a lollipop here.” Puifai said.

Luckily that she’s always have a lollipop in her pocket.

The child stops crying and take the lollipop.

Puifai puts down the child and child went to her playmate.

“Instead of flirting on the street, try to watch where you are going so you can’t cause an accident.” Puifai said.

“It is just an accident.” Best said. She doesn’t like being scolded by Puifai.

“Accidents do happen if a person is reckless.” Puifai said.

“Puifai, don’t blame Best, it was my fault.” Nicky said.

“You started it but she has a part too.” Puifai said.

“I already apologized to the child. What do you want?” Best asks.

“You don’t even know how to make a crying child stops crying.” Puifai said.

“Yeah I admit it. But I am not like you, using the lollipop to bribe the child. Well, isn’t it what always rich people do?” Best asks.

“You are talking like you are not part of a rich people.” Puifai said.

“My family used to be but a greedy man stole to our money.” Best said.

“My dad didn’t stole it.” Puifai said while staring at Best’s eyes. “He just took his money that your father once stole.”

“Thief.” Best said.

“Your dad is the thief.” Puifai said.

“Girls, that’s enough. You are attracting the attention of the others.” Victor said. “Puifai, let’s go.”

Victor pulls Puifai away.

……………………………………………………

“Best, I’m sorry. It was my fault.” Nicky said.

They are going back to the academy.

“That is why stop following me around and be clingy.” Bes said and runs.

Nicky doesn’t bother to follow her.

“I will stop… for today and I will start tomorrow again.” Nicky said and went to the Blue Fountain Dormitory.

Everyone in the dormitory is busy for the welcome party tonight.

“Mouse! Mouse!” Nicky shouts.

“Nicky, stop shouting Mouse’s name. The new students might think that there is a mouse here.” New said.

“Have you seen my bro?” Nicky asks.

“No. He hasn’t back since you arrived. I think he went to the woods.” New said.

“Woods again? What’s in the woods that he likes to go?” Nicky asks.

“Uhmm… Cabin in the Woods?” New asks talking about the title of a movie.

“Hehe… Very funny.” Nicky sarcastically said. “I’m the comedian here so stop joking.”

“Ah, Nicky! Are you ready for your jokes?” Mike asks.

“Yes, I am!” Nicky confidently said.

“Good. If the guys get bored, we will let you take over the stage.” Mike said.

“If they don’t, no stage for you, man.” New said.

“Is that a joke?” Nicky asks. “Because it isn’t funny.”

“I’m not joking.” New said.

……………………………………………………

Best went back to their room.

“You’re back so soon. How’s your allergy?” Esther asks.

“I’m fine now.” Best said and sat on the chair.

Esther senses that there is something wrong.

“Best, are you alright? What’s wrong?” Esther asks.

“I saw Natthapat at the restaurant.” Best said.

“And?” Esther asks.

“We argued.” Best said.

“Oh no… We just got back.” Esther said.

“I know and as far as I want, I want to stay away from her for the whole year but the school doesn’t even started, I already met her and we argued.” Best said.

Best lie down on the bed.

“Who’s at fault why you argue?” Esther asks.

“It’s my fault but I already apologized to the child but she is acting high and mighty just because she made the child stop crying.” Best said.

“That’s not right. Come, let’s talk to her.” Esther said. She pulls Best and went out of the room.

“Girls, where are you going?” Fern asks.

“Come with us.” Esther said.

“Y-Yes.” Fern said and follows them.

……………………………………………………

Puifai is in the room with Gypsy and Alice. She didn’t bother to tell to the two what happened.

Then, someone knocks the door.

Alice opened the door.

“What are you doing here, losers?” Alice asks.

Esther shove away Alice and they get in.

“Hey!” Alice yells.

“Don’t you have manners, Esther Supreeleela? You’ve been studying here in R.F.A but your attitude is same as the gang on a street.” Gypsy said while getting up from the bed.

“If I am going to show to you my manners, I rather die.” Esther said. “We came here because of Natthapat.”

“What about me?” Puifai asks. “Ah… So, your dear best friend doesn’t still accept the fact that it was her fault.”

“What fault?” Fern asks.

“It is her fault for hurting and making the child cry a while ago.” Puifai said.

“It was an accident, ok? It is you who acted high and mighty just because you bribed the child with a lollipop just to make her stop crying.” Best said.

“Oh my gosh! You are still can’t get over it? Come on, Nitcharee, grow up! And you even told to Esther about it while my friends don’t have any idea what happened because I am not a child that always telling others what I do.” Puifai said.

“Best wasn’t supposed to tell me but I saw her bothered so I ask her.” Esther said.

“And she could just said ‘nothing’.” Alice said.

“You know what, why don’t you go back to your room? What happened between Puifai and Nitcharee is already in the past and besides we’re not there so we don’t have the right to get involve.” Gypsy said.

“See? You’re acting high and mighty again.” Esther said.

“Esther, which part of my sentence didn’t you get? You are a scholar of R.F.A but it seems that you can’t understand what I said. Where is the high and mighty in my sentence?” Gypsy asks. “Sometimes, learn to know when you are already defeated.”

Alice open the door widely. “You can go now or should I call Aom?” Alice asks.

“Esther, Best, let’s go.” Fern said.

The three left.

“What was that?” Alice asks while laughing a little after she close the door.

“Don’t think about it.” Puifai said.

“Puifai, if you need help, we’re just here.” Gypsy said.

“Yeah, thanks.” Puifai said. “I’ll just make a phone call. Excuse me.”

Puifai left the room.

……………………………………………………

After knowing that his twin brother is in the Lost Forest, Nicky hangs out at the swimming pool area of the dormitory.

“Hey, why are you alone?” Push asks.

“Best got mad because of me.” Nicky said.

“It is not the first time.” Push said.

“But this time, I am the reason why she and Puifai had a fight.” Nicky said.

“They fought? How is it?” Push asks.

“They are still fighting the same thing.” Nicky said. “Push, teach me how to get a girl.”

“Nicky, in order to get a girl, you must have looks.” Push said.

“I have one.” Nicky said.

“Where? Your ?” Push asks.

Nicky glares at him.

“Know the girl first. What she likes, hates, favorite foods, etc… Then, treat her like a princess and don’t be so clingy.” Push said.

After that, Push left.

……………………………………………………

Best is talking to her mother from her cellphone.

“Mom, I don’t think I can study here anymore. I want to transfer.” Best said.

Best, you’ve been saying that for years. This is your last year, bear with it.

“I can’t study here with Natthapat.” Best said.

Can’t you just ignore her? It will not do you any good if you keep on fighting with her.

“I am trying but we are always bump to each other.” Best said.

Your father died early because of them. If we want a revenge, you must beat her first there.

“Ok, fine. This year’s competition, I must be the representative.” Best said.

That’s my girl.

After talking to her mother, she went inside their room.

“Best, we need to get ready for the party.” Esther said.

“I’ll stay here. I don’t want to see Natthapat’s face after what happened a while ago.” Best said.

“Do you think I have a face to face them? I was embarrassed too. But I will never ever let them feel the triumphant. If we didn’t show up there, they will think that we accept our defeat.” Esther said.

“Girls, seriously, do they even care?” Fern asks.

“What do you mean?” Esther asks.

“Well, do they even care whether we are in the party or not? They organized the party and they will be probably busy welcoming the new students. I am sure they will not notice us.” Fern said.

“Hmm… You have a point. Let’s get ready now.” Best said.

……………………………………………………

“Khunnie!!! Khunnie!!! Khunnie!!!” Nicky is shouting Nichkhun’s nick name when he saw him entering the dorm.

“Do you really need to shout? And stop calling me Khunnie.” Nichkhun said.

“Khunnie, I need your help.” Nicky said.

“What is it?” Nichkhun asks.

“Can you give me some tips on how to have girl fans?” Nicky asks.

“The answer is obvious.” Nichkhun said.

“What?” Nicky asks.

“I’m a KPOP Idol.” Nichkhun said.

“So, if I can be a KPOP Idol, there’s a chance that I will have fans? I should audition to SM.” Nicky said.

“SM? Seriously? They gonna kick you out once they see you.” Nichkhun said.

“Eh? Why is that? If Super Junior’s Eunhyuk can be an idol under SM Entertainment, I have a chance.” Nicky said.

Nichkhun just shook his head and left him.

“Hey, Khunnie! Wait up!” Nicky said.

……………………………………………………

Pink Fountain Dormitory…

“I’m ready.” Fern said.

“Me too.” Esther said. “How about you, Best?”

“I can’t find my wallet.” Best said while looking at her cabinet.

“You don’t need money for the party.” Esther said.

“I know but if I lost my wallet, I am in trouble.” Best said.

“I can lend you money.” Fern said.

“It’s not about the money, Fern. It is about what’s inside the wallet.” Esther said.

“What’s inside the wallet beside money?” Fern asks.

“I don’t know. I am her best friend but until now she doesn’t let me know what it is.” Esther said.

“I really can’t find it.” Best said.

Mook, Mild and Apple came in.

“Girls, let’s go.” Mild said.

“Best is still looking for her wallet.” Fern said.

“You don’t need money for the party.” Apple said.

“That’s what I said.” Esther said.

“Best, you can find it later. But for now, let’s PARTY!” Mild said and pull Best out of the room.

……………………………………………………

New and Nicky are killing time inside their room before the party when Mike came.

“Nicky, someone found Best’s wallet outside the noodle restaurant. Can you give this to her?” Mike asks.

“Sure. Sure.” Nicky said and take the wallet.

Nicky close the door. “I’ve got my love’s wallet!!!” Nicky happily shouts.

New and Mouse ignore him.

“I’ve got to check if I have a picture inside her wallet.” Nicky said and opens the wallet.

Nicky pouts when he saw Best and Esther’s picture. He took it out but he was surprised to see another picture.

“Isn’t this…” Nicky said.

“Hey, guys! Let’s go down for the party.” Push said when he opens the door.

New gets up from his bed.

“Alright! Party!” New said.

Nicky left the wallet on his bed.

Push, New and Nicky left the room.

Mouse noticed that the wallet is on the bed. Knowing his twin brother, Nicky will misplaced it so Mouse decided to put the wallet inside the drawer. He is going to put the wallet in the drawer when a picture fell. He get it and looks at it then put it inside the wallet and put the wallet inside the drawer.