Chapter 2 - The Nagger and The Troublemaker

Red Fountain Academy Series

A group of guys are fighting in an abandoned warehouse.

“Mek, you need to get out of here! Bring them with you.” A guy said.

“But P…”

“Just do what I say! Go!” the guy said and continue fighting.

Just then, police siren is heard.

Everyone is running away.

BANG!

Mek woke up from his dream. He checks the time and it is only 5:40 in the morning.

He decided to get up and get dress.

……………………………………………………

Mook woke up earlier than she usually wake up because she wants to check everything for the last time the things that she will bring to the academy.

Just then, she heard a familiar sound of a motorbike. She runs towards the window and look. She saw someone leaving with the motorbike.

“Mek…” she said.

She grabs her cellphone and calls someone.

“Hello? President? Sorry to disturb you but…”

……………………………………………………

Mild is sleeping peacefully when someone enters her room and opens the light.

“Wake up, sleepy head. It’s morning.” The woman said while opening the bathroom door.

Mild stretches while lying on her bed.

“5 more minutes, Aunt Kik.” Mild said while her eyes are still close.

“Not a chance. Apple is already downstairs.” The woman said.

Name: Mayurin Pongpudpunth aka Kik

Description: The Gangster Aunt

“She is here already? But it still early.” Mild said and now she is already sitting on her bed.

Kik went inside the bathroom and opens the faucet.

“Early for you but not for her.” Kik said while inside the bathroom.

Mild yawned.

After few minutes, Kik came out of the bathroom.

“Your bath is ready.” Kik said. “I’ll just prepare your breakfast.”

Kik goes out of the bedroom.

……………………………………………………

“Mild is just taking a bath.” Kik said to Apple who is waiting in the living room.

Apple smiled.

“I’ll just prepare the breakfast.” Kik said.

“I can help you, auntie.” Apple said.

“Ok. I really need a help since we don’t have a maid.” Kik said.

“Why? What happened to your last maid?” Apple asks.

Kik sighed.

“You know Mild. She nags the maid a lot until the maid decided to leave. I don’t know how her parents named her Mild when it is opposite of her attitude.” Kik said. “Sometimes I am thinking that it was my fault why she is like that. I let her grow up like that. What do I know of raising a child? I am single and I don’t have a plan to get married.”

Mild’s parents died from a cruise. Mild was only two years old that time. Since Mild’s parents are known to be rich people, her relatives are fighting over who will take care of her but Kik is Mild’s mother’s older sister and according to Mild’s mother’s last will, Kik will be Mild’s guardian until Mild will come to her right age to claim her inheritance.

“But auntie, you raised her really well. She is brave and doesn’t let anyone to bully her.” Apple said.

“That’s the only thing that I can be proud of. But if only she study hard.” Kik said.

Apple just smiled.

……………………………………………………

“Thank you for coming, Pres. Tao. I am worried about my brother. Good thing our parents are still asleep.” Mook said to Tao while the maid is bringing Mek’s luggage inside the car’s trunk.

“I will find him and bring him to the academy.” Tao said. “Are you sure you don’t want to go with us?”

Mook shook her head. “I am going to the academy with my friends. Pa will drive us there.”

“I see. I’ll call you once I found him.” Tao said.

“Thank you.” Mook said.

Tao get inside the car and leave.

“Mook, you woke up too early.” Her mother said.

Name: Myria Alexandra Benedetti aka Nat Myria

Description: The Former Model

“Good morning, ma. I just watch Tao and Mek leave.” Mook lied.

“Ah… I see… So that’s Tao’s car.” Nat Myria said. “Isn’t it too early to go to the academy?”

“He is the president of student council so he needs to be in the academy early.” Mook said.

“Ok. I’m glad that he is with Mek.” Nat Myria said. “Anyway, you should get ready and I’ll prepare the breakfast.”

“Ok.” Mook said.

……………………………………………………

Mek walks around the city until he was cornered by 4 guys.

“What do we have here? A lonely wolf?” one of the guys asks.

Mek knew who those 4 guys are.

“Where is your boss?” Mek asks.

“Why are you looking for him? Napat doesn’t have time for a lonely wolf.”

“Then, I don’t have a time for the weaklings like you.” Mek said and turned his back to them.

Two of the guys blocked his path.

“You can’t leave this place without a fight.”

The four guys attacked Mek but he isn’t afraid. He fight the guys and he showed them that they are no match to him.

But one wrong move, two guys got his arms and hold him in place.

“I must teach you a lesson.” The guy with a knife said.

“Hello? Is this the police? There’s a group of guys here trying to stab an alone high school guy… Yeah… We’re here at the…” Tao said while talking to his cellphone.

The four guys quickly left.

“Are you ok?” Tao asks.

“Why are you here?” Mek asks.

“Today is the day to go back to the university before the school starts. I am here to take you.” Tao said.

Mek stands up. “I don’t have my luggage.”

“It’s in my car. Mook prepared it and gave it to me.” Tao said.

“My twin sister. She is always does what she wants.” Mek said.

“Let’s go. I have some schedules for today.” Tao said.

……………………………………………………

Blue Fountain Dormitory…

As soon as Tao parks the car, Mek goes out of the car and take his luggage.

He is now walking towards the entrance of the dormitory when Tao talks.

“Mek, this is our last year. I don’t want you to get expelled. Stay out of trouble.” Tao said.

Mek didn’t listen to him and walk towards the entrance of the dormitory.

The students move out of his way when they saw him.

“Hi, Mek-” Mike greets him but Mek ignores him and went to the stairs.

“How’s everything, Sec. Mike?” Tao asks.

“Good morning, Pres. Tao.” Mike said. “Everything is in order. I’ll just take your luggage in your room.”

“No need. I want you to assist the new students.” Tao said and walks towards the elevator.

When the elevator door opens, the students who are inside the elevator quickly left while the others who are waiting along with him didn’t get inside the elevator with him.

……………………………………………………

Mek enters his room and just throw his luggage somewhere in the room. He lie down on his bed with his shoes on.

Victor enters the room.

“Can’t you at least place your luggage on the side?” Victor asks while moving Mek’s luggage to the side of the room.

Mek closes his eyes.

“Hey, roommates!” Push greets when he enters the room.

“Push, long time no see.” Victor said.

“Yeah.” Push said.

Push looks at Mek.

“Did you had a fight again, Mek?” Push asks.

Mek ignores him.

“Come on, man. We are graduating soon. You should at least stay out of trouble.” Push said.

Mek put his headphone on and listen to music.

Push just sighed.

“I’ll just go to the swimming pool.” Victor said.

“And I will go around the school.” Push said.

They leave Mek in their room.

After a while, Mek leaves the room, too.

……………………………………………………

Mild, Apple and Mook are busy unpacking their luggage.

“I hope Mek is ok.” Mook said.

“Didn’t Pres. Tao called you a while ago?” Apple asks.

“Yes. At least I know that he is here.” Mook said.

“Your twin brother always wants to fight.” Mild said. “Do you think he will have a chance to graduate?”

“Of course he is. If he didn’t, dad will be very disappointed.” Mook said.

“He is a troublemaker. Do you think Pres. Tao can handle him?” Mild asks.

“I have a faith with my brother.” Mook said.

“It will be a miracle.” Mild said. “I’m done. I should go out.”

“Don’t fight Keerati’s group.” Apple said.

“I know.” Mild said.

“I should go with you. Just to make sure.” Apple said.

……………………………………………………

Mild and Apple are going to the convenience store to buy some foods.

They are now getting near the store when they saw a group of guys hurting a guy.

“Isn’t that Mek?” Apple asks.

“He is. Oh no! Those four guys are hurting him. That’s not fair.” Mild said.

“We should call the police.” Apple said.

“We can’t. Mek will be in trouble just before the school starts. Mook will be very disappointed if Mek didn’t graduate.” Mild said.

“What should we do?” Apple asks.

Mild looks around and she saw an old baseball bat.

“Stay here.” Mild said while holding the bat.

“Mild, where are you going?” Apple asks but Mild runs towards Mek.

“Hey! 4 against 1? That’s not fair! Leave him alone!” Mild shouts.

The guys look at her.

“Is she your girlfriend?” the guy asks.

“I don’t know her!” Mek said. “You, get out of here.”

“No!” Mild said.

“I think, this cute and small girl wants to get hit.” The guy said.

The four guys are laughing while walking towards Mild.

Mild holds the baseball bat tightly.

“Don’t come near me or I’ll hit you.” Mild said.

But deep inside of her, she is nervous. She’s never been to a fight before.

Just then, a guy on a motorbike came. He almost hit the guys.

The four guys quickly escaped.

The guy on a motorbike removes his helmet.

“Are you alright?” Victor asks.

Mild nodded.

“Mild…” Apple said.

Mek stands up.

“Why did you put yourself in danger? Are you stupid?” Mek asks.

“I am just thinking about Mook. She will get worried if you get hurt. I don’t know why you are always making trouble. Do you really want to die? Do you even care about Mook’s feelings? She is always worried about you and she is having a hard time to hide to your parents about what you are doing. What if you get expelled? Thanks to me that we didn’t call the police because if we do, Principal Supoj will surely expel you.” Mild starts to nag.

Mek starts to walk away.

“Hey! I am not done to you!” Mild shouts.

“Mild, stop nagging. It hurt my ears.” Victor said. “Besides, why did you put yourself in danger? If Apple didn’t call me, you are already got beaten by those guys.”

“I’m sorry and thank you for your help.” Mild said.

“Where are you going, anyway?” Victor asks.

“To the convenience store.” Mild said.

“I’ll come with you.” Victor said.

“I should go back to the dormitory. My heart is still beating fast because of what happened a while ago.” Apple said.

“Ok. Can you take care of yourself?” Mild asks.

“Yes.” Apple said. “Victor, take care of Mild.”

“I will.” Victor said.

……………………………………………………

Mek goes back to the Blue Fountain Dormitory. In the lobby, he saw Mook talking to Push.

Mook saw him and she noticed his wounded face.

“Mek, what happened? Did you get yourself in a fight again?” Mook asks.

“That’s not new.” Mek said and climb the stairs.

Mook followed him.

“Mek, this is our last year. Can’t you get yourself involve in a fight?” Mook asks.

“I can’t. Fighting always find me.” Mek said.

Mook went to the bathroom to get the first aid kit.

Mek is already sitting on his bed when Mook came back with the first aid kit.

Mook sat next to him and begin to treat his wounds.

“Pa and Ma want us to join them for dinner this Saturday.” Mook said.

“Us or you?” Mek asks.

“Us. They are going to Taiwan this Sunday.” Mook said.

“How long are they going to stay there?” Mek asks.

“2 months. That’s why they want us to join them for dinner before they go.” Mook said.

“You can go alone.” Mek said.

“Mek!” Mook said.

“I don’t think it will do any good if I come.” Mek said. “If you’re done, you can leave.”

Mook sighed.

……………………………………………………

Silver Fountain Co…

Focus is walking straight to the receptionist.

“Good afternoon. I have an appointment with Mr. Mahapreukpong, the CEO.” Focus said.

“Your name, ma’am?” the receptionist asks.

“Focus Jeerakul.” Focus said.

The receptionist checks something on her list.

“Mr. Mahapreukpong is on the top floor. You can go now. I’ll call her secretary to inform her about you.” The receptionist said.

“Thank you.” Focus said and went to the elevator.

While inside the elevator, Focus is very nervous while keeping her portfolio tightly.

The elevator door opens and she goes out.

There are two rooms on the top floor. Outside a door, a woman is sitting behind her desk.

“Good afternoon. I’m Focus Jeerakul.” Focus said.

“Mr. Mahapreukpong has a visitor right now. You can wait inside the waiting room.” The secretary said.

“Thank you.” Focus said and went inside the waiting room.

While she is inside the waiting room, she opens her portfolio.

A sketch of a pendant is at the front.

“This is it, James. If I will succeed, I will be able to know who killed you.” Focus said.

After few minutes, the secretary came in.

“Mr. Mahapreukpong is ready to see you.” The secretary said.

Focus stands up and walks out of the room.

She is now walking towards the room of the CEO when someone called her.

“Focus?” a guy at the front of the elevator called her.

Focus looks at the person who called her.

“Napat?” she said.

“I didn’t know you came back from Paris.” The guy said.

Name: Napat Injaiuea

Description: The Boss

“Should I inform you that?” Focus coldly asks.

“Well, you don’t but I just thought that you still tell me since we used to be friends.” Napat said.

“As far as I know, I don’t have a friend who is a traitor.” Focus said and walks away.

……………………………………………………

Napat get in the car that is waiting for him outside the Silver Fountain Co.

“Let’s go to Vihokratana International Academy. I want to see someone.” Napat said to his driver.

Then, he called someone.

“Dew, I want you to follow someone. I want you to know what she is doing or where she is going. Her name is… Focus Jeerakul.” Napat said.

……………………………………………………

Focus went to the cemetery after her meeting with the CEO of Silver Fountain Co.

“James, I’m back now.” Focus said while looking at the tombstone that has name on it.

“I will make sure that whoever killed you will be punish.” Focus said.

The rain starting to pour down.

Focus opens her umbrella and starts walking away. Her eyes are focused on the ground while walking that she didn’t notice a guy walk passed and stops at the front of the tombstone where she was standing a while ago.

The name in the tombstone is James Thawornwong.