Chapter 6 - The Ambassadress and The Architect

Red Fountain Academy Series

After the ceremony…

“Gypsy, darling.” The school director said.

Name: Vichuda Pindum

Description: The School Director

“Yes, auntie?” Gypsy said.

“See me in my office with Push.” Vichuda said.

“Yes, auntie.” Gypsy said.

“Director Pindum.” The president of the College Student Council approaches Vichuda.

Name: Chutavuth Pattarakampol aka March

Description: The CEO

“March, I love what you announced a while ago.” Vichuda said.

“Thank you, Director. But I want to talk with you about it.” March said.

“See me after an hour. I’ll just talk to my nephew and niece.” Vichuda said.

“Yes, Director.” March said.

……………………………………………………

School Director’s Office…

“Our school is doing great every year, don’t you think so?” Vichuda said.

“We think so, too.” Push and Gypsy said.

“I am thinking to have a curriculum for Korean language.” Vichuda said.

“Here we go again.” Gypsy whispered. “Auntie, students who love to learn different language should join the Language Club.”

“Oh yes, indeed! The Language Club.” Vichuda said.

“Have you been to South Korea lately?” Push asks.

“Yes. I went there and it is so beautiful. I met a guy there. He said he is an actor but since I am not a fan of Korean dramas, I ignore him.” Vichuda said. “His name is… Song Seung Hun.”

Gypsy’s eyes widened. “Oh my gee! You actually met Song Seung Hun?”

“You know him? He is handsome but not my type.” Vichuda said.

“Oh my gee, auntie! First you met Orlando Bloom now Song Seung Hun and you turned them down? If it was me, I already dated them.” Gypsy said.

“Well, I don’t really know them.” Vichuda said.

“No wonder you can’t get married.” Push said.

“Anyway, enough of my love life. How’s your love life?” Vichuda asks.

“I am dating someone.” Push said.

“Not surprising.” Vichuda said. “How about you, Gypsy?”

“Auntie, you know the answer. Dating is not my kind of thing right now. I need to focus for the college entrance exam.” Gypsy said.

“You better find a guy right now or you will regret it.” Vichuda said.

“What do you mean? I am still young.” Gypsy said.

“Don’t tell this to your father but on his birthday party, he will announce your engagement to some rich son.” Vichuda said.

“Eh?!!!” Gypsy was shocked.

“I heard your father this morning talking someone on the phone about your engagement.” Vichuda said.

“That’s not fair! Who is he to manipulate my love life?” Gypsy said.

“So, if I were you, I will find a guy to be my boyfriend and bring him to the party.” Vichuda said.

“I’ll just hire someone to pretend to be my boyfriend.” Gypsy said.

“But remember, that guy must know everything about you.” Vichuda said.

Gypsy looks at Push.

“Don’t look at me. I told you, I am already taken.” Push said. “How about Jes?”

“That guy? No way!” Gypsy said.

“But he is the only option. If you choose someone from our friends, Jes will get mad.” Push said.

Gypsy sighed.

……………………………………………………

Jes is looking everywhere for Gypsy when he saw the High School Student Council.

“Have you seen Gypsy?” Jes asks.

“The ceremony just ended and you are already looking for Gypsy? Aren’t you being possessive?” Thorn asks.

“I’m serious. She and Push are always together since this morning. Who knows what Push might be doing to her.” Push said.

“Jes, School Director Vichuda called them to her office.” Aom said.

“I should get her.” Jes said.

“Oi! Have you forgotten that Gypsy and Push are School Director Vichuda’s niece and nephew? Ok, fine! Go and make a scene there, who knows what she might do to you.” Aom said.

Vichuda is Gypy’s father’s step-sister. Vichuda’s mother is Push’s mother’s half-sister.

“But-”

“How can Gpysy like you if you’re so possessive to her and you’re not even officially her boyfriend?” Mike said.

“Why don’t you help the members of your club? Gypsy will go there after talking to her auntie.” Aom said.

“Ok.” Jes said and left.

……………………………………………………

After talking to her auntie, Gypsy went to the Drama Club’s Booth.

“Gypsy, where have you been?” Jes asks.

“To my auntie’s office.” Gypsy said.

“With Push?” Jes asks.

“Yes, so?” Gypsy said.

“What did you do after?” Jes asks.

“Urgghh! Don’t tell me you are jealous of Push?” Gypsy asks.

“But-”

“Knock it off, Jes. I am not in the mood to argue with you.” Gypsy said and went inside the booth.

“Everyone, our ambassadress and the president of Drama Club is finally here.” A guy said.

Name: Jumpol Aulkitti aka Tum

Description: Jay Park of R.F.A

The new students are gather around Gypsy asking for her autograph and pictures.

“Everyone wants to be part of Drama Club now because of Keerati not because they have talents. Hmp!” Wawa said.

“Take it easy. They still need to audition. This is just the first stage.” Mario said.

“Of course I know that. I am a member of Drama Club since primary.” Wawa said.

“Excuse me. Can I have your autograph, please?” a new student ask Mario.

“Only if you join our club.” Mario said.

“Yes, I will!” the new student said.

“Great!” Mario said.

Wawa rolled her eyes and went to the back of the booth.

“Wawa, why are you here? Go out and hand out the flyers.” Jes said.

“I can’t. It is so hot today. It will ruin my smooth skin.” Wawa said.

“Tum, do you have a jacket?” Jes asks.

“Here. But what are you going to do? It is too hot to wear a jacket.” Tum said.

Jes take the jacket and give it to Wawa.

“Go out and hand out the flyers. Fern already done her part. It is your turn now.” Jes said.

Wawa pouts and went out of the booth.

……………………………………………………

Gypsy finally escape from the students. She hides at the back of the booth of their club to rest but she saw Fern there crouching on the ground and she look in pain.

“Pimchanok, are you ok?” Gypsy said.

“Y-Yes, it is just a menstrual cramp.” Fern said. “I’ll just rest here for a while.”

Gypsy looks at Fern’s pale face.

“You don’t look good. You need to go to the clinic.” Gypsy said.

“No, I’m fine. The club needs me.” Fern said.

“Nonsense! The club can work without you. It is hot today and it will make you feel worse if you stay here. I’ll call someone to help you.” Gypsy said and went back inside the booth.

“Tum, can you help Pimchanok to go to the clinic?” Gypsy asks.

“What happened?” Tum asks.

“She’s sick.” Gypsy said.

Mario heard it and went at the back of the booth.

When he get inside the booth, he is carrying Fern like a bride.

“Mario, put me down.” Fern said.

“I’ll take her.” Mario said.

“W-Well, you already carrying her.” Gypsy said.

Mario and Fern left. Gypsy is looking at them thinking why Mario is acting like that.

“Do you want me to carry you, too?” Jes whispered to her ear.

Gypsy felt goosebumps all over her body.

“Jespipat! Go away!” she shouts.

“The president and the vice-president of the Drama Club should always be together." Jes said.

“Who told you that?” Gypsy asks.

“Me.” Jes said.

Gypsy rolled her eyes.

“Tum, you’re in charge. I’m going on a break.” Gypsy said.

“Yes, ma’am!” Tum said.

“I’m coming with you!” Jes said.

……………………………………………………

The two went to the cafeteria.

“Why are you so moody?” Jes asks.

“I’m always like this.” Gypsy said.

“What did the school director said to you?” Jes asks.

“None of your business.” Gypsy said.

Jes pouts.

“She’s my auntie so normally we talk about our personal lives.” Gypsy said.

“But Push is with you.” Jes said.

“He is my auntie’s nephew.” Gypsy said. “Are you really jealous of him? First, Thorn and now Push. Jespipat, may I remind you that we are nothing. We are childhood friends and nothing more than that.”

“But I like you. I want you to be my girl.” Jes said.

“Not a chance. Can’t we just stick to being best friends?” Gypsy asks.

“No.” Jes said.

“Then, I am out.” Gypsy said and finished her snacks.

She was about to leave when she remembered something.

‘But remember, that guy must know everything about you.’

Gypsy sat back. “Ok fine. I am going to be your girl.” Gypsy said.

Jes’s eyes widened and his mouth open wide spilling the milk he is drinking.

“Eeewww! Gross!” Gypsy said.

Jes wipes his face.

“Are you serious?” Jes asks.

“Yes but in one condition.” Gypsy said.

“What?” Jes asks.

“It is only to make my dad not to announce my engagement.” Gypsy said.

“Huh? What engagement?” Jes asks.

“My auntie heard my dad this morning talking to someone over the phone about my engagement to a rich son. He is planning to announce it on his birthday party. My auntie suggested that I must find a guy that really knows me well to deceive my dad.” Gypsy said.

“How can he believe us when he knew that we are friends since childhood?” Jes asks.

“That’s exactly the reason. You know me too well and I know you too well. If we pretend to be a couple, we don’t need to learn our likes and dislikes because we already know it. We are comfortable to each other that we can act as lovers in front of him.” Gypsy said.

“Are you sure?” Jes asks. “Then, it is ok if I hold your hand?”

Jes hold Gypsy hand and kiss it.

Gypsy felt goosebumps all over her body that she pull her hand away from Jes.

“I think we need to practice.” Jes said.

“Practice what?” Gypsy asks.

“Our interaction to each other. We need to get used on hugging, holding hands, kiss-” Jes said.

“Wait! Kiss?” Gypsy asks.

Jes nodded.

“There will be no kissing.” Gypsy said.

“What if your dad ask us to kiss? We can’t just ignore it.” Jes said. “Come on! You already did it during our play.”

“But not to you. It is always Mario.” Gypsy said.

“Then, go ask Mario to be your fake boyfriend.” Jes said.

“I can’t.” Gypsy said remembering how Mario taking care of Fern a while ago.

“Then, let’s practice.” Jes said.

“Can we do it where others can’t see us?” Gypsy asks.

“In my room?” Jes asks.

“ert! Follow me.” Gypsy said.

……………………………………………………

Jes and Gypsy went to the High School Theatre. That’s where the Drama Club perform.

“Why here?” Jes asks.

“So, I can feel that we are practicing for a show.” Gypsy said. “So, let’s start.”

“First, the holding hands.” Jes said.

Jes holds Gypsy’s hand.

Gypsy felt goosebumps again but she try not to pull her hand away.

“It’s awkward but a little bit of practice can do well.” Jes said. “Next is the hug.”

Jes hugs her and Gypsy hold her breath.

“You are awkward, P’Gypsy.” Someone said.

Jes and Gypsy look around and saw a girl sitting on one of the audience’s chairs.

“Gypso!” Gypsy said.

Name: Ramita Mapreukpong aka Gypso

Description: The Successor

“What are you doing here? You’re supposed to be in the booth.” Gypsy said.

“It’s so boring there.” Gypso said. “So, what are you two doing?”

“Shall we tell her? She might tell it to your dad.” Jes asks.

“Gypso is a black sheep. She will never tell this to pa.” Gypsy said. “Promise me that you will not tell it to others.”

“What would I get?” Gypso asks.

“The title of being the president of Drama Club after I left.” Gypsy said.

“It is automatically will be me. What else?” Gypso asks.

“1/3 of my allowance for 2 months.” Gypsy said.

“1/2 of your allowance for 3 months.” Gypso said.

“Deal.” Gypsy said. “Goodbye shopping for 3 months.”

“Ok. So, what’s going on?” Gypso asks.

“Pa is planning to announce my engagement to some rich son on his birthday party and I asked Jes to be my fake boyfriend to stop it.” Gypsy said.

“Good thing I am not his favourite daughter.” Gypso said. “Based on your practice a while ago, you two need to practice a lot. P’Gypsy doesn’t have any experience in dating unlike me. You only have 2 months to get ready. You’re an actress so bring out all your hidden skills for this. And I am here to help you.”

“Thanks, Gypso.” Jes said.

“And if you really want to deceive pa, you must deceive the others too.” Gypso said. “Meaning, you need to pretend to the whole academy.”

“What?!” Gypsy said.

“Well, if only you really want to stop the engagement. Your choice.” Gypso said.

Gypsy looks at Jes while pouting like a child.

“She has a point.” Jes said.

Gypsy took a deep breath. “Let’s do this.”

……………………………………………………

That night after the dinner, Gypsy is already lying on her bed when Jes called.

Since, Puifai and Alice are there, too, Gypsy went to the balcony and answers the call.

“What is it?” Gypsy asks almost whispered.

“Why are you whispering?”

“I don’t want Puifai and Alice know that we are talking.” Gypsy said.

“Why is that?”

“I don’t want them to interrogate me. I need to sleep early for my beauty sleep.”

“Ok. I’ll pick you tomorrow morning.”

“Why? Our school is just 5 minutes’ walk.”

“We’re a couple, remember?”

“Fine.”

“Goodnight. I love you.”

“Goodnight.” Gypsy ends the call without saying I Love You.

She is going back inside the room when she saw Puifai and Alice at the door.

“Are you eavesdropping?” Gypsy asks.

“Who is that?” Puifai asks.

“No one.” Gypsy lied while walking towards her bed.

Alice and Puifai followed her and sat on her bed.

“You’re hiding something.” Puifai said.

“I am not. It is just my dad.” Gypsy said.

“You’re not going to talk to him almost whisper if that is really him.” Puifai said.

“Is it Jes?” Alice asks. “I saw you two holding each other’s hands a while ago.”

“Really?” Puifai is shock. “So?”

“Girls, please stop it. I need to get my beautiful sleep. As the ambassadress of Red Fountain Academy, I must take care of my beautiful skin. So, goodnight.” Gypsy said.

“Fine. We will interrogate you tomorrow.” Alice said.

……………………………………………………

Inside Jes’s room…

While showering and after showering, Jes is humming a song.

“Did something happened to you? You look happy.” Oaujun said.

“You bet.” Jes said.

“Did you and Gypsy are now official?” Nichkhun asks.

“You got it.” Jes said.

“Impossible.” Nichkhun and Oaujun said.

“Possible. We are official since this afternoon.” Jes said.

“Eh? Seriously?” Oaujun asks.

“Yes.” Jes said.

“Gypsy’s head must have hit hard. It is impossible for her to date you.” Nichkhun said.

“Why not? I didn’t stop courting her.” Jes said.

“Stalking you mean.” Oaujun said.

“Seriously, how did you made her change her mind?” Nichkhun asks.

“Well…” Jes said, he needs to be careful not to expose the truth.

“You use love potion?!” Oaujun asks.

“No! It doesn’t even exist.” Jes said. “We were at the cafeteria a while ago then talking about us then she said that she wants her to be my girl.”

Oaujun and Nichkhun are looking at him blankly.

“What? You don’t believe me?” Jes asks.

“Let’s just sleep.” Nichkhun said.

“Goodnight.” Oaujun said.