Chapter 20 – The Part-time Model and The Vice-President

Red Fountain Academy Series

Esther and her friends are going to eat at the cafeteria with Gypsy. Although Best is not going to join them, Esther is still worried about Mild.

And when Apple, Mild and Fern arrived, they were shocked.

“She’s joining us.” Esther said.

“Where are your friends?” Mild coldly asks.

“Ditched me.” Gypsy said.

“Serve you right.” Mild said.

“Mild.” Apple said.

“I really deserve it.” Gypsy said.

Esther was a bit surprised of Gypsy. The way Gypsy answered Mild is amazing. Gypsy didn’t even get mad.

“So, let’s eat?” Gypsy asks.

They enter the cafeteria.

They are going to queue while Gypsy is going straight to the stairs towards the second floor.

“Gypsy, where are you going?” Fern asks.

“Eh? Do we need to queue? In the VIP room, someone will serve us.” Gypsy said.

“That’s VIP. But us, we need to queue.” Mild said.

“Then, I’ll join you.” Gypsy said and join them.

While waiting for their turn, the students noticed Gypsy.

“P’Keerati, you should go first.” The first year student at their front said.

“But I am with my friends.” Gypsy said.

“It’s ok. You can all go ahead.” The first year student said.

“Then, thank you.” Gypsy said.

The first year student let them go first.

“P’Keerati, can I get your autograph later?” The first year student asks.

“Sure. You can visit me at the theatre club room.” Gypsy said.

The first year student felt happy.

“Thank you.” The first year student said.

……………………………………………………

“Wow! Thanks to you we don’t need to queue for so long.” Mook said to Gypsy when they are all sitting.

Gypsy smiled.

“Where are Neen and Som?” Fern asks.

“Som?” Gypsy asks.

“She’s been hanging out with us.” Mild said.

Gypsy felt sad.

“Your group is falling apart, huh?” Mild said.

“Mild.” Apple said.

“Eh… Let’s just eat, ok?” Esther said.

They are going to start to eat when Neen and Som came.

“What are you doing here?” Som asks Gypsy.

“If you don’t want me here, I can just leave.” Gypsy said.

“And let you be alone? No way.” Som said. “You asked me to be your friend when I was alone. And now that your so-true-called friends ditched you, I will be here as your friend.”

Gypsy felt touch of what Som said.

“Thanks, Som.” Gypsy said.

“Som doesn’t believe the rumors about you.” Neen said. “She is really worried about you.”

“Thanks, Som.” Gypsy said.

“Can we eat now? I’m hungry.” Mook said.

“Ok.” Esther said.

……………………………………………………

At the other side of the cafeteria…

“Look at that. The ambassadress got a new group.” Wawa said.

“The group of the losers.” Mind said.

“I wonder what will Nitcharee thinks.” Bifern said. “Let’s take a picture of them to show to her.”

……………………………………………………

Dinner…

Just like at the lunch, Esther and her friends are going to have a dinner with Gypsy.

“This time, I will let you experience what VIP feels like.” Gypsy said. “Follow me.”

A waitress is waiting at the VIP area.

“These are my new friends. The friends that used to enter here with me, don’t allow them from now on.” Gypsy instructed.

“Yes, Miss.” The waitress said.

 “Who are exactly the VIPs?” Neen asks.

“Member of Student Councils, the ambassadress and a member of Mahapreukpong family.” Esther said.

“But a friend of a VIP is allowed to eat here, too.” Som said.

“So, Natthaphat and the others are not your friends anymore?” Mook asks.

“They are but I need to show them that I didn’t be friended them so I used them to my own purpose. In fact, it might be the other way around. I will let them taste their own medicine.” Gypsy said.

While Esther and the others are eating, Puifai, Proud and Alice arrived. It seems that the three are friends again.

The three are going to the VIP area when the waitress stop them.

“Not a VIP, no enter.” The waitress said.

“But we are Gypsy’s friends.” Proud said.

“Not anymore.” The waitress said and looks at Gypsy and the others.

“Oh my…” Proud said. “But we are her friends.”

“Ms. Keerati said that they are her new friends.” The waitress said and looks at Esther and the others.

“Esther Supreeleela!” they said.

“Esther Supreeleela!” Best shouts and walk straight towards Esther and the others.

The waitress try to stop Best.

Puifai, Proud and Alice followed the waitress.

……………………………………………………

Esther and the others are having a dinner when Best came.

“So, it is true that you replaced me with some rich girl.” Best said.

“Best, don’t be like that.” Mook said.

“Shut up, Mook! This is between me and Esther.” Best yells at Mook.

“You shut up! You don’t have the right to yell at Mook!” Esther said. “If you’re going to act like this, you’d better stay away from us.”

“What? Esther, do you know what you are saying? I am your best friend!” Best said.

“Exactly. You are my best friend. You should be the one that understands me but you didn’t.” Esther said.

“I am just trying to protect you against them.” Best said.

“Gypsy is a nice person. She understands me.” Esther said.

Aom and Tina came.

“Nitcharee Kinviriyatanachite, for breaking the rule of the Pink Fountain Dormitory by going in the VIP place without permission, you will receive an Amaranth Pink Card.” Aom said.

Amaranth Pink Card is stands for the 1st offense card of the Pink Fountain Dormitory. There are three cards: Amaranth Pink Card, Amaranth Purple Card and Amaranth Deep Purple Card.

If you got all the three cards, you will be kicked out from the dormitory.

“And same goes to Natthapat Wipatkornthrakul, Alice Tsoi and Oranicha Krinchai.” Aom said.

The three were shocked.

“Why us?” Puifai asks.

“As far as I know you are not VIP members but you enter the VIP place without permission.” Aom said.

“But-”

“And don’t tell me that you are Gypsy’s friends.” Aom cut what Alice is about to say. “As far as I know you are no longer her friends. I know what you did to her in the classroom this morning and that is not like a friend will do to her friend.”

Alice doesn’t know what to say.

“Tina, will you help me these girls out of the VIP place?” Aom asks.

“Certainly.” Tina said.

……………………………………………………

“What a scene and I love it.” Bifern said.

“Do you think Nitcharee needs our help now?” Mind asks.

“Yes, she definitely needs our help.” Bifern said.

“Oh! What about Natthapat?” Wawa asks.

“She needs it too but we need to plan everything.” Bifern said.

……………………………………………………

Best went to the rest room after the class. Then, the wanna-be-girls came in with Puifai.

“So, what do you want now?” Puifai asks the three.

Best is about to leave when Mind blocks her.

“Move.” Best said.

“We need you here, too.” Mind said.

“What do you want?” Best asks.

“I think you’re the one who needs us.” Mind said.

“I don’t remember that I need the wanna-be-girls’ help.” Puifai said.

“Well, if you really want to get back your best friends.” Wawa said.

“What are you planning?” Best asks.

“We don’t tell our plan but if our plan works, you just need to be there.” Bifern said. “What do you think?”

Puifai and Best look at each other.

“Ok, fine. But make sure your plan works so I can get back my best friend.” Puifai said.

“I don’t usually talk to you but if it will make Esther back, I will do it.” Best said.

The wanna-be-girls felt delighted.

……………………………………………………

Just like an ordinary day, the art club members are working with the props in the theatre while the members of the drama club are rehearsing.

It is Gypsy’s turn on the stage.

Puifai and Best are watching from afar.

Esther is on the stage painting a props when she noticed Wawa doing something to the rope.

Esther look where the rope attached.

The rope is attached on the sun prop above the stage.

And right now, Gypsy is on the stage.

Esther runs towards Wawa to stop her but it is too late. The rope is already untied.

The prop fall quickly to Gypsy.

All the people inside the theatre were shocked.

“Gypsy!” Amp and Jes both said and they run towards the unconscious Gypsy.

Amp got first and carries Gypsy.

“Just what the hell did you do?! You hurt her!” Puifai accused Esther.

“Hey! Back off!” Best said. “Esther, let’s go.”

Best pulls Esther away.

……………………………………………………

“Best, I need to see Gypsy.” Esther said.

“You can’t. If the school director sees you there, you will be punished.” Best said.

“But I didn’t do it. It was Maripha.” Esther said.

“No one sees Maripha there. Everyone saw you.” Best said.

“Still I need to explain myself.” Esther said.

“Let everything cool down, alright?” Best said.

“Thanks, Best. If you are not there, I’ll probably don’t know what to do.” Esther said.

“Come on! You’re my best friend.” Best said.

……………………………………………………

Thorn is entering the office of the Student Council when he heard Vichuda’s voice.

“My niece got hurt because of an irresponsible student. I want her expelled.” Vichuda said.

Thorn is wondering who the school director’s talking about.

“School Director Vichuda, we need a further investigation before punishing a student.” Tao said.

“Then, do it!” Vichuda yells and get out of the room.

“School Director Vichuda is really mad.” Tina said.

“What happened? Who is she talking about?” Thorn asks.

“This afternoon during rehearsal, Gypsy got into an accident.” Tina said.

Thorn was shocked. “What happened to her?”

“A props fell on her.” Aom said. “And…”

Aom and Tina can’t continue their words.

“And what?” Thorn asks.

“Actually, we are not sure since we are not in the incident but the witnesses said that it was Esther’s fault.” Aom said.

“Esther? Impossible!” Thorn said.

“The witnesses said that Esther untie the rope so it will fell on Gypsy.” Tina said.

“We don’t believe it, actually.” Aom said. “It is impossible that Esther will do that.”

“Esther and Gypsy are friends. I know Esther and she will never hurt her friend.” Thorn said.

“But you have forgotten that Esther and Gypsy are used to be enemies.” Mike said.

“What are you trying to say? Esther friended Gypsy so she can hurt her?” Thorn said.

“That’s enough. We will have an investigation about this. We must not accuse easily.” Tao said.

……………………………………………………

On the next day, Thorn is looking for Esther around the academy and he saw her going to Green Fountain Paradise. He followed her to her secret garden.

“So, this is your favorite place. I’ve never thought that there is a place like this.” Thorn said.

“It is Gypsy and I’s secret garden.” Esther said. “This is where we started to became friends.”

Esther suddenly felt sad.

“I heard what happened.” Thorn said.

“Everyone thought that it was my fault.” Esther said.

“Not everyone. I know that you can’t do that.” Thorn said.

“I’m worried about Gypsy.” Esther said.

“Do you want to visit her?” Thorn asks.

“How? I heard that she brought to Bangkok.” Esther said.

“I will bring you there.” Thorn said.

“Thanks, Thorn.” Esther said.

……………………………………………………

White Fountain General Hospital…

Gypsy was brought to their family’s hospital.

Esther and Thorn are just in the entrance when Gypso saw them.

“P’Esther, P’Thorn.” Gypso said.

“Oh! Gypso.” Thorn said.

“Are you here to see my sister?” Gypso asks.

“Yes.” Esther said.

“Well, P’Thorn can see her but not you.” Gypso said.

“Why not?” Esther asks.

“Pa is here and he is mad right now. He believes that you intentionally hurt P’Gypsy because P’Puifai told him that it was your fault. I know that you didn’t, it was P’Maripha but no one believes me especially my father.” Gypso said.

“You shouldn’t be here, Esther.” Jes said when he came out.

“How’s Gypsy?” Esther asks.

“She’s ok now but you need to go. Uncle Moo is leaving. It wouldn’t be good for you if he sees you here.” Jes said.

“We need to go now. You can visit her anytime.” Thorn said.

Esther and Thorn left.

……………………………………………………

Thorn and Esther got back in the academy.

“Don’t be sad. Everything will be fine.” Thorn said.

“If you are not here, I don’t know what to do.” Esther said.

“I am not leaving you until I make sure that you are ok.” Thorn said.

Esther hugs Thorn.

“Can you not leave?” Esther asks. “I don’t think I can live without you by my side.”

“If only I can. But I promise you, I will not leave not until I can see you that you’re ok.” Thorn said.

“Ehem! Love birds. It is almost curfew time.” Mike said.

Esther ends the hug.

“Goodnight.” Thorn said.

“Goodnight.” Esther said.

Esther went inside the Pink Fountain Dormitory.

Thorn went inside the Blue Fountain Dormitory. Mike followed him.

“If I were you, I will not leave.” Mike said.

“But I need to leave.” Thorn said.

“But you and Esther are ok now.” Mike said.

“Esther and I are ok now but it doesn’t mean that I will not leave. I am leaving because of family matters.” Thorn said.

“But what about Esther?” Mike asks.

“I will ask someone to watch over her.” Thorn said.

Thorn looks at Mike.

“No. But I know someone who can watch over her.” Mike said.

“Who?” Thorn asks.

“Singto.” Mike said.

“No way! Never! Not him!” Thorn said.

Mike laughed.

“I’m just kidding.” Mike said. “Esther has lots of friends. You don’t need to worry about her.”

“Yeah. I know.” Thorn said. “How’s the investigation going on?”

“Bad. Everyone is pointing at Esther.” Mike said.

Thorn sighed.

“Be strong. You just need to get a strong evidence to clear her name.” Mike said.

“But how?” Thorn asks.

“Why don’t you ask Jes? He might help you.” Mike said.

“How can he help me?” Thorn asks.

“He’s the one who helped Gypso with her problem.” Mike said.

“Him?” Thorn asks.

“Yeah.” Mike said.

“Mike.” Tao called him.

“Gotta go.” Mike said and left.


Trivia #20

The wanna-be-girls weren’t really part of the original story, P.C.A, but I do remember that there is someone that wants to hurt the main character in the original story.