Chapter 9 - Side Story

Red Fountain Academy Series

Singto is doing his homework inside Krist’s condo when Krist, Gunsmile and Indy came.

“Hi, Singto!” Indy said.

“Hi!” Singto said. “I prepared dinner.”

“That’s what I want here.” Indy said and starts to set up the table.

“Krist, you’re lucky to have Singto here. Every time he is here, we always experienced great food.” Gunsmile said.

Singto just smiled.

……………………………………………………

Blue Fountain Dormitory…

Mike and Bambam are staying in their room when August came.

“P’August, what can I do for you?” Mike asks.

“I want to talk to Singto.” August said.

Bambam’s eyes widened when he heard Singto’s name.

“Uhmm… He’s not here.” Mike said.

“Where is he?” August asks.

“He… is…” Mike can’t think of any lie.

“He is tutoring my friend Jackson.” Bambam interrupts.

“Does he stay here?” August asks.

“No. He lives near our academy. P’Singto will probably stay there for a night.” Bambam said.

“Ok.” August said and left.

……………………………………………………

Krist, Gunsmile, Indy and Singto are in Krist’s car and they are going to the academy.

“P’Gunsmile, can you drive the car to the gate of our dormitory? I need to get some books before I go to my class.” Singto said.

“Sure.” Gunsmile said.

……………………………………………………

“I can’t believe I lied to P’August about Singto.” Mike said to Bambam while going out of the Blue Fountain Dormitory.

“P’Mike, just think that you stop an upcoming war here in the academy by lying.” Bambam said.

“We need to talk about this to Singto.” Mike said.

“Talk about what?” Singto asks while standing at their front.

“How did you get here?” Mike asks.

“P’Krist’s car.” Singto said. “Do you want to tell me something?”

“P’August came here last night and looking for you.” Bambam said.

“What? Why?” Singto asks.

“We don’t know.” Mike said.

“I just told him that you are tutoring my friend Jackson that lives near the academy.” Bambam said.

“We lied to P’August because we don’t want him to know that you are staying with P’Krist.” Mike said. “But next time, I will not lie again. I am a member of the Student Council, if P’August finds out that I am lying, it will not be good in my record.”

“I will explain it to my brother. I’m sorry and thank you.” Singto said.

……………………………………………………

Faculty of Law…

“August, let’s get something to eat. I am so hungry.” Piglet said while pulling August out of the building.

“Piglet, I am busy. I have a presentation this afternoon and I need to prepare for it.” August said.

“You can do well, I’m sure of it. For now, you need to come with me to the Faculty of Mass Communication’s cafeteria.” Piglet said.

“Why there?” August asks. “We can eat in your faculty or here.”

“I don’t like the food in our cafeteria. They are bland because of Aunt Tiny.” Piglet said. “And besides, I don’t like the foods in your cafeteria. Cafeteria in Mass Communication is the best.”

“But it is far from here.” August said.

“I don’t care. Faculty of Agriculture is still the farthest. Piglet said.

They are now at the front of the building when they saw Singto.

“Hi, Singto!” Piglet greets.

“Hello, P’Piglet.” Singto greets.

“What brings you here?” Piglet asks.

“I came to talk to P’August.” Singto said.

“Then, you can come with us.” Piglet said and pull August.

Singto followed them.

“P, Bambam and Mike told me that you went to our room last night. Is there something you want to talk about?” Singto asks.

“I talked to pa and he told me that you don’t want to study here after your graduation. Why?” August asks.

“Ah… It is just that I don’t want pa and ma going here to watch the store because of me. I want them to focus on our store in Bangkok. The reason why they are here is because of me. If I am going to study in college, I want to choose a university in Bangkok.” Singto said.

“I see… Is there a university that you want?” August asks.

“I am thinking of Chulalongkorn University.” Singto said.

“I can talk to Prof. Bie. Maybe he can help you.” August said.

“Thanks, P.” Singto said. “I’d better go. I don’t want to be late in my next class.”

“Ok.” August said.

“Bye, P. Bye, P’Piglet.” Singto said and left.

……………………………………………………

That night…

“P’August went to the dorm last night looking for me.” Singto said to Krist.

“What happened then?” Krist asks.

“Mike and Bambam told a lie to him and he believed it but Mike told me to tell the truth to P because he doesn’t want to lie anymore.” Singto said.

“Are you going to tell him the truth?” Krist asks.

“If I will tell him the truth, he will not allow me to sleep here.” Singto said. “I can talk to him. Convince him that you are not a bad person like they think.”

“He won’t listen. Everyone in the academy thinks that if you are a gangster, it means that you are a bad person.” Krist said.

“Not everyone. I believe in you.” Singto said.

Krist smiled.

“Let’s just get to sleep.” Krist said and turns off the light.

……………………………………………………

Vihokratana International Academy…

“Krist is staying in his condo with a high school student named Singto Prachaya Ruangroj.” Sky said to Tay after hiring a private detective to watch Krist’s moves.

“And who is this Singto Prachaya? A new gang member?” Tay asks.

“No. He is a model student. Smart guy. It is impossible to be a gang member.” Sky said.

“Then, why is he with Krist?” Tay asks. “I am curious with this guy. Find out something about this smart guy.”

“Yes, boss.” Sky said.

……………………………………………………

Chippy and Belle are talking while going to their respective classes.

“What do you think about Alice?” Chippy asks.

“I like her. She is cool.” Belle said.

“But P’Bella doesn’t like her.” Chippy said.

“I thought so, too. Maybe because of P’Oaujun?” Belle asks.

“Maybe. We all know that P’Bella likes Oaujun. And as far as I remember, Oaujun mentioned once that he and Alice are best friends.” Chippy said.

“Then, P’Bella doesn’t need to get jealous.” Belle said.

“Every girl that gets close to Oaujun, P’Bella hates.” Chippy said.

Chippy saw Sky leaving the academy.

“Got to go, Belle. See you later.” Chippy said and runs after Sky.

“Sky!” Chippy called Sky.

Sky stops from leaving the academy.

“What?” Sky asks.

“Where are you going? You’re not going to attend our class?” Chippy asks.

“None of your business so go to your class.” Sky said.

“It is my business. You’re my cousin and I deserve to know where you are going.” Chippy said.

“I am going to Red Fountain Academy, happy?” Sky asks.

“Really? If you see Alice there, say hi for me.” Chippy said.

“Who is that?” Sky asks.

“One of the famous girls in R.F.A. She is also the emcee of their academy. Her name is Alice Tsoi.” Chippy said.

Sky knew exactly who that Alice is.

“Ok. If I see her.” Sky said and left.

……………………………………………………

March, Sita, August and Piglet are just got back from a dinner meeting with the other Student Council members and now entering the Golden Fountain Condominium when they saw Krist and Singto together.

“Singto, what are you doing here this time of night?” August asks.

“P.” Singto doesn’t know what to say.

“He is staying here every night, is there a problem with that?” Krist asks.

“High School students are staying in Blue Fountain and Pink Fountain Dormitories. Why is a high school student staying here?” Sita said.

“No rules that are not allowing high school students to sleep here, right? So, Singto doesn’t need to tell all of you why he is here.” Krist said.

“Have you forgotten that he is my brother?” August said.

“Half-brother, you mean.” Krist said.

“P’Krist, P’August, stop it.” Singto said. “P’August, I’m sorry if I didn’t tell you that I am always spending the night here with P’Krist. P’Krist is my friend and he is staying here alone so I always accompany him every night.”

“He is a gangster. If something happens to you hanging out with a gangster, what will pa and aunt feels.” August said.

“Just for your information, Singto’s parents trusted me. They know what I am and they didn’t even stop Singto being friend with me. If his parents allowed me to be his friend, what right do you have to stop Singto from being friends with a gangster like me?” Krist said.

“Let’s go now, August. People are starting to look at us.” Piglet whispered to him.

“We are not done yet. Singto, I want to talk to you tomorrow with pa and aunt.” August said and left with Piglet.

“Krist, we will talk, too, tomorrow in the house.” Sita said and left with March.

……………………………………………………

August is still angry while inside his unit.

“How can he lied to me? And he even let Mike and Bambam lied to me, too.” August said while walking back and forth in the living room.

“Relax. I don’t see anything wrong if Singto be friends with Krist.” Piglet said while comfortable sitting on the sofa.

“That guy is nothing but a troublemaker.” August said.

“Well, Tao and Mek are friends and we all know how troublemaker Mek is.” Piglet said.

“But Tao can control Mek.” August said. “Do you think Singto can stop Krist from being a gangster? No. Krist is the leader of Red Blood Gang and there’s no way he will leave his position. After what happened that day, he will never give up being the leader.”

“What are you talking about? What day?” Piglet asks.

August is shocked of what he said.

“Nothing. You should go to your unit now. I want to rest.” August said.

“Ok. Goodnight.” Piglet said and left.

……………………………………………………

“Thanks for driving me here, Tay. I really can’t trust your brother even though he is my boyfriend.” Chippy said to Tay.

“You know my brother, Chippy. Work first before love life.” Tay said.

Chippy sighed.

“I know. If this isn’t arranged, I already broken up with him a long time ago.” Chippy said.

“And that’s the reason why I don’t like to be manipulated by my family.” Tay said.

Chippy saw Alice coming out from her car.

“Oh? It’s Alice.” Chippy said.

“You know her?” Tay asks.

“Yes. She is working with us for a dance cover.” Chippy said. “I’d better go. Thanks for the drive, Tay.”

Chippy get out of the car and approached Alice.

Tay watches the two girls going inside the building.

“What a coincidence? I didn’t expect to see that girl here.” Tay said.

Tay’s cellphone rings.

“What’s up, Sky?” Tay said.

I know who Singto is. He is P’August’s half-brother. And last night, there’s a confrontation between P’August and Krist about Singto.”

Tay smiled.

“Thanks, Sky.” Tay said and ends the call.

“It seems that everything is connected.” “I should visit an old friend.”

Tay drives the car and leave that place.

He didn’t know that a guy from the other street is watching him until he leaves.

……………………………………………………

“Hi, Alice!” Chippy greets.

“Hi! Didn’t see you arrived.” Alice said.

“Actually, I was a bit early than you. I was just talking to my boyfriend’s brother inside the car.” Chippy said.

“Boyfriend’s brother? Why is your boyfriend didn’t drive you here?” Alice asks.

Chippy just smiled.

“He is a graduating student but he is already busy with his family’s company.” Chippy said.

“Wow…” Alice said. “I am just curious. How can you last longer to the relationship where the guy is always busy and doesn’t have time to you?”

“I don’t know to the couples that became couple because they love each other. In my case, it was an arrange engagement. So, I am not hurt if he is busy and doesn’t have time for me.” Chippy said.

“Oh… But what will gonna happen once you got married?” Alice asks. “Isn’t marriage is for the two people who love each other?”

Chippy laughed.

“Alice, in our times, not all marriage couple are in love so they got married. Usually, for the rich people, marriage is just like business partner. They will get married for the sake of the business.” Chippy said.

“And you are ok with that?” Alice asks.

Chippy nodded.

“I’m fine as long as they will not stop me from dancing.” Chippy said. “What about you? You came from a rich family, right?”

“Not that rich. My dad is a professor in Chulalongkorn University and my mom owns an Italian restaurant.” Alice said.

“But studying in Red Fountain Academy cost a lot.” Chippy said.

“True. But since my brother is a scholar in the academy and I am a friend of Gypsy, we only pay half of my tuition fee.” Alice said.

“Lucky.” Chippy said.

“You’re right.” Alice said.

“You know what? We should hang out some other time. Me, you, my boyfriend and my boyfriend’s brother. He is nice and handsome.” Chippy said.

“Call.” Alice said.

“Great!” Chippy said.

The two enter the practice room.

As soon as they enter the room, the other girls surrounded Alice.

“Alice, can you teach me about hosting?” Yaya asks.

“Can you help me with my dance?” Ploy asks.

Everyone is surrounding Alice which makes Bella annoyed.

“She is so annoying.” Bella whispered.

“Girls, stop that for a while. Let’s practice now.” Aerin said.

“Yes.” They all said.

Just then, Alice’s cellphone rings. She smiled when she saw the number of the caller.

“Girls, I have a surprise for you.” Alice said.

She answered the call and press the loudspeaker button.

“Yoboseo?” Alice answered.

Annyeong Hasaeyo, Alice-shi.

The girls wonder who the caller is.

“Can you introduce yourself?” Alice asks.

Annyeong Hasaeyo! I’m Kim Hyoyeon of SNSD.

The girls screamed when they heard the name. They can’t believe it that the main dancer of SNSD is actually talking to them.

During the call, Hyoyeon gives tips to girls and promised that she will visit some other time.

The girls are very thankful to Alice.