Chapter 9 - New Classmate, New Friend

Red Fountain Academy Series

The next morning…

Gypsy and her friends are going to their rooms when they saw Jes waiting at the front of the dormitory.

“Good morning, Jes. You can’t wait to see Gypsy later at the classroom?” Puifai said.

“Good morning, girls. I am here to take Gypsy to our classroom.” Jes said.

Jes walks closer to Gypsy and takes her books.

“Let’s go?” Jes asks.

Gypsy nodded.

Jes holds Gypsy’s hand and they walk away.

Gypsy’s friends were dumbfounded.

“What’s going on?” Proud asks.

“My eyes didn’t fool me yesterday.” Alice said.

“Girls, you knew something that we don’t. Please tell us what you know.” Cherreen said.

“Our girl friend is in love.” Puifai said.

……………………………………………………

When the bell rings, the students are now inside their classrooms.

Gypsy, Alice, Esther and Mook’s are in the same classroom along with Jes, Oaujun, Push, Thorn, Mouse, Singto, Mind, Wawa & Bee.

A professor enters the classroom.

Name: Sakolrat Wornurai aka Prof. Four

Description: Beautiful Professor

Lead by Push, the students greet Prof. Four.

“Good morning. Welcome to the first semester of this year. Today, we have a new member of the family. She came from Pattaya.” Prof. Four said.

“Pattaya? Isn’t it Som’s best friend?” Alice asks.

“Not sure. I haven’t seen her since we came back.” Gypsy said.

“Please introduce yourself.” Prof. Four said.

Neen enters the room.

“Hello. I’m Neen Suwanamas.” Neen shyly said.

“Ms. Suwanamas, welcome to our class. You can sit wherever you want.” Prof. Four said.

Neen is hesitating where to sit but in the end she chose to sit next to Mook.

“I’m glad we’re classmates.” Mook happily said.

“Me too.” Neen said.

Gypsy and Alice look at Neen.

“What is Som’s best friend’s name?” Gypsy asks.

“I can’t remember. I don’t even know if Som mentioned her name.” Alice said.

“Before I start the lesson, all the presidents and vice-presidents of the clubs will have a meeting at the principal’s office at 5:00.” Prof. Four said.

“So much for the first day.” Gypsy whispered.

……………………………………………………

Lunch Break…

“Neen, join us.” Mook said.

“But…” Neen is hesitating again. “I-I’m sorry but I need to go somewhere.”

Neen quickly left.

“Neen, wait!” Mook said.

“Mook, let’s go.” Esther said.

“It seems that Worranit’s new friend is afraid to hang out with you.” Gypsy said.

“Don’t start at me, Keerati. I’m not in the mood to fight.” Esther said.

“Oh! This is new. Esther Supreeleela doesn’t have the mood to fight.” Gypsy said. “But I am not here for a fight. I just want to congratulate Worranit for saving the Art Club yesterday. I heard from Cherreen that Worranit worked hard all day yesterday to recruit new members so your club won’t be dissolved. I think I also heard your name but it said that you didn’t even helped at all and you’re out somewhere.”

“Look who’s talking. You were not in your club yesterday. You let Fern worked all day too.” Esther said.

“And how can you say that? Oh! I see. You’re spying on our booth but unfortunately if you really stayed there, you’ll see that I helped my members and recruit 10 new students in just 30 minutes. Besides, I let Fern go after her work in the morning because she is not feeling well.” Gypsy said. “If you’re going to lie, make sure that it will sound believable. Now I know why you failed the audition for the Drama Club.”

Gypsy and Alice left.

Esther clenches her fists.

……………………………………………………

Gypsy and her friends meet at the V.I.P place at the cafeteria for lunch. The V.I.P place is located at the second floor of the cafeteria. The V.I.P’s are the ambassador, ambassadress and the student councils. Their friends are also allowed to use the V.I.P place.

“Som, what is your best friend’s name?” Gypsy asks.

“Neen Suwanamas.” Som said.

“I thought she is a shy girl.” Gypsy said.

“She is.” Som said.

“Well, it doesn’t look like she’s a shy girl.” Gypsy said.

“What do you mean?” Som asks.

“She’s our classmate and it seems that she is friends with Supreeleela’s group.” Gypsy said.

“Impossible. She never told me about it.” Som said.

“I wonder how they met her.” Alice said.

Som remembered something.

“She joined the Art Club.” Som said.

“Worranit was the one who recruited her and Natcha.” Cherreen said.

“So, Worranit asked her to join their group.” Puifai said.

“You should warn your best friend, Som.” Gypsy said.

“I will. But if their group is nice to Neen, I might as well let her be friends with them.” Som said.

“That’s not a good idea.” Puifai said. “What if they found out that you’re her best friend? Who knows what Nitcharee can do to her?”

“I’m sure Worranit can protect her.” Som said.

“Worranit can’t even protect herself.” Proud said.

“I almost forgot, it seems that your best friend is hanging out with Natcha.” Gypsy said.

“Mouse found her lost in the Lost Forest during her first day here.” Som said. “Besides, I can trust Mouse than his brother Nicky.”

“For me, those brothers are weird. One that likes to be alone and the other one hanging out with another weird guy looking for dragons.” Puifai said.

“Just watch over your best friend.” Gypsy said.

“I will.” Som said.

……………………………………………………

Esther and her friends are also in the cafeteria.

“Mook, where’s Neen?” Fern asks.

“She left us after class.” Mook said.

“More like, she is chasing after Natcha.” Esther said.

“I think they are friends.” Mook said.

“With a weird guy? That’s not healthy. We should let Neen hang out with us.” Esther said.

“Do you know her room in the dorm?” Best asks.

Everyone shook their heads.

“Neen is still shy to us that’s why she is not comfortable hanging out with us.” Best said.

“Shall we visit her in her room tonight?” Mild asks.

“Good idea.” They agree.

“Let’s do it after dinner.” Esther said.

……………………………………………………

The classes for the afternoon ended early because of the meeting of the presidents and vice-presidents of the clubs.

“I really hate seeing the principal. He has this aura of a ert man.” Puifai said.

Cherreen, Proud and Gypsy laugh.

Tonson and her best friend Sakun enters the office.

“Hello, P’Keerati.” Tonson’s best friend greets.

Name: Karnyaphak Supreeleela aka Sakun

Description: The Best Friend

“Hello, Sakun.” Gypsy said. “I’m glad that you know how to greet than my sister.”

Tonson rolled her eyes and pull Sakun to their seats.

“Sakun is really different from her sister.” Cherreen said.

“Yeah.” Gypsy agreed.

“Gypsy, can we have dinner tomorrow night?” Jes asks from the back of Gypsy.

“Sure.” Gypsy said.

Puifai, Proud and Cherreen are looking suspiciously to Gypsy.

“Jes, are you two really dating?” Oaujun asks.

Jes smiled.

“Wow… this is a miracle.” Oaujun said. “Push, Jes and Keerati are dating.”

But Push isn’t listening. He is busy flirting with the other girls.

“Oi… Stop flirting. If Mek see you flirting like that, he will punch you to hell. You already have Worranit.” Oaujun said.

Puifai, Proud, Cherreen and Gypsy look at them.

“Oaujun, your voice! It is supposed to be a secret.” Proud said.

Puifai, Cherreen and Gypsy look at Proud.

“You knew?” Gypsy asks.

“What?” Proud is acting innocent.

“Ok. Fine. I and Mook are dating but Mook doesn’t let others know it because of my fans. Mek found it out and he is not happy about it. If I hurt Mook, I am dead.” Push said.

“Then, stop flirting with the other girls. That’s what you get for being a playboy. Of all the girls, why Worranit? Mek is really protective to his twin sister and you know that.” Gypsy said.

“I don’t have plan to hurt her.” Push said.

“Prove it.” Gypsy said.

They all keep quiet when the presidents and vice-presidents of the College clubs arrived.

Then, after a few minutes, the principal arrived.

Name: Supoj Janjareon

Description: School Principal

“Let’s make it quick since I have a date tonight.” Supoj said. “For this year’s 52nd anniversary, clubs from primary to college will be working together to present something for the anniversary. Example, Primary’s drama club, High School’s drama club and College’s drama club will be working together to present something for the anniversary.  Got it?” Supoj said.

“Yes.” they said.

“Sir, what about the sports club?” Victor asks.

“You’ll think of something to present for the anniversary too. Remember, the oldest Mahapreukpong will be coming.” Supoj said. “Goodbye.”

Supoj left quickly.

“What the f?” Gypsy said.

“Gypsy, Jes, Tonson and Sakun.” August called them.

“Yes, P’August?” Gypsy said.

“When is the audition for the new members of your clubs?” August asks.

“This Friday.” Gypsy and Tonson said.

“Next week, we will have a meeting at the Drama Theatre at College Town.” August said. “Every member must come.”

“Yes, P’August.” Gypsy and Tonson said.

……………………………………………………

That night, Esther and her friends went to Neen’s room.

“Hi, Neen!” they said.

“H-Hi.” Neen said.

“Can we come in?” Mook asks.

“Sure.” Neen said.

The girls get inside the room.

“Who stays with you here?” Esther asks.

“So-”

“Neen, who is it?” Som asks while coming out from the bathroom.

“Marie Eugenie LeLay?” they said.

“What are you doing here?” Som asks.

“She’s your roommate?” Best asks.

“Not just a roommate but also my best friend.” Som said.

“Shoot.” Esther said.

“What’s wrong?” Neen asks.

“They are the group I am talking about.”  Som said.

“Oh.” Neen said. “But they are nice to me.”

“Because they don’t know that you’re my best friend.” Som said. “I will not be surprise if after this, they will treat you like how they treat me and my friends.”

“Isn’t it because your group started it first?” Ether asks.

“The issue here is not because who started it first but how will you treat Neen now. I didn’t bring my best friend here to get bullied.” Som said.

“Neen is nice to us so there’s no reason for us to treat her bad.” Mook said.

“I’ll believe you but if you hurt her, you will see the real me.” Som said and opens the door.

The girls left the room.

……………………………………………………

“I can’t believe that Neen is connected with Keerati’s group.” Esther said to Best and Fern while entering their room.

“What are we going to do now? I don’t want to have a connection with Natthapat.” Best said.

“But if we hurt Neen by avoiding her, Marie Eugenie will get mad at us. Besides, Neen is out of the war between our group and Gypsy’s group.” Fern said.

“Based on Marie’s words, it seems that Neen isn’t happy with her past school that’s why Marie transferred her here.” Esther said. “I think Neen needs our help. We should help her be confident and stop being shy.”

“You’re right. But I hope Keerati will not make this a big issue.” Best said.

……………………………………………………

The next day…

“What?! You let Neen be friends with them?!” Gypsy shouts.

Gypsy and her friends are at their favorite hangout place.

Som told them what happened last night.

“What can I do? I don’t want Neen to be alone.” Som said. “Besides, they are nice to her.”

“But after what happened, do you think they will treat them the same way before?” Puifai asks.

“Yes they are.” Som said. “This morning, they went to our room to take Neen with them and until now nothing bad happened to Neen.”

“I am still doubting.” Puifai said.

“Maybe you are just paranoid. Esther and Nitcharee are your enemies but don’t involve my best friend here.” Som said.

“We are not involving her.” Puifai said.

“Then, stop questioning my decision to let her be friends with them. Neen doesn’t even know you so she can’t say anything against you to them.” Som said and walks away.

“Som…” Proud worriedly said.

“You two got overboard.” Thanaerng said and left.

“Thanaerng, wait up.” Cherreen said.

“I’d better go talk to Oaujun.” Alice said.

“I forgot that I will meet Tao today. Bye.” Proud said.

Gypsy and Puifai left in their hangout.

“I think we got overboard.” Puifai said.

“I think so too.” Gypsy said.

……………………………………………………

Esther and Singto are in the noodle restaurant when Thorn and Sita came.

“So, is he your new guy?” Thorn asks.

“Shut up.” Esther said. “Let’s go, Singto.”

But before Esther leaves the place, Thorn blocks her way.

“Move.” Esther said.

“I love you.” Thorn said.

Everyone in the restaurant are surprised.

“I hate you.” Esther said.

Everyone in the restaurant gasped.

“I know I am wrong but please give me another chance.” Thorn said.

“No.” Esther quickly said.

“Don’t you need to think it first?” Thorn asks.

“Even if you leave or not, my answer is still ‘NO’.” Esther said. “Now, move.”

“If you don’t listen to me, I will kiss you.” Thorn said.

“You can’t.” Esther said.

“I can.” Thorn said.

Thorn moves slowly to Esther.

Esther’s heart is beating faster. She wants to move away but something inside of her is stopping her.

Closer… closer… closer…

Everyone in the restaurant are looking at them.

Their lips are an inch away when a hand blocks Thorn’s lips.

Everyone said ‘Awww…’ because of disappointment.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Thorn angrily said to Singto.

Singto’s hand was the one who block the kiss.

“Stop harassing her. If she really want to forgive you, she already did it last year.” Singto said.

“Who are you to talk back to me?” Thorn angrily asks.

“I’m her boyfriend.” Singto said.

Everyone is shock.

Thorn clenches his fists. Sita saw it.

“Shaun, calm down. Think about your reputation.” Sita whispered to him.

“It seems that you already dating someone too.” Esther said while looking at Sita. “I don’t see any reason why you need to bug me around.”

Esther holds Singto’s hand and left.

……………………………………………………

Outside the restaurant, Esther let go of Singto’s hand.

“I’m sorry.” Esther said.

“I should be the one that needs to apologize. I shouldn’t said it.” Singto said.

“No. You’re wrong. It is better that he thinks that we are dating so he stop bugging me.” Esther said. “Let’s go back to the dorm.”

“Uhmm… You go ahead. I’ll just need to go somewhere.” Singto said.

“Ok. Thanks for the help.” Esther said.

“Anytime.” Singto said.

……………………………………………………

Jes and Gypsy are at the front of the Pink Fountain Dormitory. They just came back from their date.

“Thanks. I had fun.” Gypsy said.

“Do you think it is a success?” Jes asks.

Gypsy thinks.

“Yes. We are not awkward to our first date.” Gypsy said.

“But if you really think about it, this is not our first date. We’ve been going out together as friends so we are comfortable to each other.” Jes said.

“You’re right. I just feel like we’re going out like best friends.” Gypsy said.

“Hey, love birds. I hate to interrupt you but the curfew, remember?” Aom said.

“I need to go inside the dorm now.” Gypsy said.

“Me, too.” Jes said.

“Bye. See you tomorrow.” Gypsy said.

“Bye. Let’s go to the class tomorrow.” Jes said.

Gypsy went inside the dorm.

“Are you for real? You look perfect together.” Aom said.

“Thanks.” Gypsy said and rides the elevator.

“By the way, during dinner a while ago, your friends are eating separated.” Aom said.

“What do you mean?” Gypsy asks.

“Som is eating alone while her best friend is eating with Esther’s group. Puifai is alone too. Proud and Alice are together. Cherreen and Thanaerng are together.” Aom said.

Gypsy sighed.

“Do you had a fight?” Aom asks.

“Some misunderstanding.” Gypsy said.

“Try to clear up that misunderstanding. It is weird that you girls are fighting.” Aom said.

When the elevator opens, she get out.

“Thanks, Aom.” Gypsy said before the elevator close.


Trivia #9

P.C.A’s students are only high school while Red Fountain Academy’s students are from kindergarten to college.