Chapter 3 - Side Story

Red Fountain Academy Series

Krist is sleeping when he felt that someone is in the room beside him.

He open his eyes and saw a woman’s figure sitting on the chair.

“Sita, what are you doing here in my room? How did you even get in my house?” Krist asks.

“You are forgetting that we are living in the same house. Well, not actually same house since I am living in the mansion while you are living in the small house.” Sita said. “Anyway, I came here because ma wants you to join us for breakfast.”

Krist is shock of what Sita said.

“Shocking isn’t it?” Sita asks. “Anyway, get ready and we will be waiting for you.”

Sita stands up and left.

……………………………………………………

Sita went back to the mansion. Her mother is already waiting in the dining room.

“Where is he?” Sita’s mother asks.

Name: Amika Klinpratoom aka Amy

Description: Matchmaker

“I already woke him up.” Sita said and sat on the chair.

Amy is busy with her cellphone.

“Ma, where’s pa?” Sita asks.

“He left early to the airport. He has a business trip.” Amy said.

After few minutes, Krist came.

The maids serve their breakfast.

“Cee asked me to let you work in the company.” Amy said.

“Who are you talking about?” Sita asks.

“Him.” Amy said.

Krist is shocked of what he heard.

“I am going to work in Green Joy Co.?” Krist asks.

“Yes. Your father said that it is time for you to learn about the company.” Amy said.

“Isn’t it better if Sita is the one who will learn about the company?” Krist asks.

“I told him that, too. My daughter is smart and I know that she will be the next CEO of the company.” Amy said.

Krist stands up. “Then, I don’t have plans to work in the company. Please tell pa that even I finish my studies, I will not work in his company. Excuse me but I need to go now to the academy.”

Krist left the two in the dining room.

“I knew it. I told Cee not to let his illegitimate son get involve in the company. He will only make the company go down.” Amy said.

“Ma, I think Krist isn’t ready to manage the company. Right now, he likes anything about art.” Sita said.

“Art or gangster? Don’t you know the reason why your father wants him to start working at the company now? It is because he is always involve in fight between gangsters.” Amy said. “If only Cee will do what I said, I will send him to North Korea.”

“Ma, that is not right. Krist maybe involve in some gang groups but he is smart. He never fail any subjects even once, although sometimes he skips classes but he never missed his exams.” Sita said.

“You’re saying that because he is your half-brother but I am telling you, I don’t want you sticking around him or you might get involve with his street fights.” Amy said.

“I know where I should stand.” Sita said. “I’d better get ready. March is coming to pick me up.”

“Ok.” Amy said.

……………………………………………………

Singto is busy bringing his luggage inside the van when August came.

“Let me help you with that.” August said.

“P’August, what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be on your way to the academy?” Singto asks.

“I am coming with you. Our car had flat tires. Some mouse ate the tires.” August said.

“It seems that the mouse knows it when you are going to the academy and always stop you from using the car.” Singto said.

August smiled.

Singto’s father and mother came out.

“Oh? August, you’re here?” Singto’s father asks.

Name: Phutanate Ruangroj aka Captain

Description: Good Father

“Good morning, pa. Good morning, auntie” August said.

August is Singto’s half-brother. August was born out of wedlock. His mother is now married to a Korean guy. August doesn’t have a problem with his mother. She allows him to visit his real father often. Their families are close.

“Do you want to come with us to the academy?” Singto’s mother asks.

Name: Butsakon Tantiphana aka Erk

Description: Good Mother

“Actually, that’s the reason why I am here.” August said.

……………………………………………………

“How’s your parents, August?” Erk asks.

Captain is driving the van.

“They are busy lately. They always go to South Korea to manage the company there.” August said.

“Then, you are always alone?” Erk asks.

“Yes. That’s why I don’t go home every weekend and instead I just stay in my condo.” August said.

“You should come with us sometimes. Right, hon?” Erk said.

“Yes.” Captain said.

“I will.” August said.

……………………………………………………

Gunsmile is waiting at the bus stop but not for the bus but for Krist.

A bus stops and the people around Gunsmile are getting on the bus.

When all the people get on the bus, the bus starts to move.

“Wait for me!” a woman shouts while running.

Gunsmile looks at the woman and his eyes widened. He watched the woman get on the bus.

When the bus leaves, Krist came.

Gunsmile get on his car.

“I just saw Focus.” Gunsmile said.

“What? She’s back?” Krist asks.

“I think so. If she’s really the one that I saw.” Gunsmile said.

Krist starts to drive again.

“Do you think she’s back because of him?” Gunsmile asks.

“There’s only one reason why she need to be back in Bangkok.” Krist said.

“Is it about James?” Gunsmile asks.

“Yes.” Krist said.

……………………………………………………

Inside March’s car, March and Sita are discussing about the upcoming first day gathering in the academy.

“Sec. Mike sent me the program for the ceremony.” Sita said. “Oaujun and Alice will still be the hosts…”

March is listening to Sita while driving the car.

“And after the ceremony, just like you wanted, the freshmen and new students can walk around the university to check the club booths.” Sita said.

“We should check the club booths later to make sure that everything is right.” March said.

“Even if you see a little problem, don’t scold Pres. Tao. Remember that you changed the initial plan to the last minute. I heard from Sec. Amp that some High School’s Student Council’s members cut their vacation short because of that and also they experienced the wrath of the club presidents because of the sudden change of plan. Pres. Tao and s worked together.” Sita said.

“We experienced worse than this but we all made it through perfectly.” March said.

“Because you are perfectionist.” Sita said.

“Besides, I know Tao. He works like me and he wants everything to be perfect.” March said.

“You’re right.” Sita said. “His only problem is Mek Jirakit.”

“If he can graduate Mek Jirakit, I will respect him.” March said. “And if you can get your brother not involve in any fight this year, I will respect you.”

“That will not gonna happen.” Sita said. “It will be a miracle if Krist will not have a fight even just for a month.”

“You really can’t change your brother, right?” March asks.

“Ever since we were young, Krist is always like that. But he doesn’t fight without a reason. I remember the time when pa brought him to the house, he saw my nanny hurting me so he grab a broom and hit my nanny. Ma was mad to him but I told ma the truth and the nanny was fired. Krist and I are not close but he protects me to the people who try to hurt me, maybe because we have the same father. He maybe an illegitimate son but he is still a Maharavidejakorn.” Sita said.

……………………………………………………

Krist and Gunsmile went to the Red Fountain Academy first before going to their condo units.

They are entering the College Town when they saw August.

“Hey, August. Is Singto already arrived?” Krist asks.

“Yes. Why?” August asks.

“You don’t need to know.” Krist said.

“Actually, I need to know. Singto is my brother and if you do something to him, I will tell it to the director.” August said. “I don’t care if you are Vice-Director Sita’s half-brother but if you hurt my brother, I will make sure that you will get kick out of this school.”

Gunsmile is ready to punch August but Krist stops him.

“You don’t know anything between me and your half-brother so if I were you I will stay out of it.” Krist said and walks away followed by Gunsmile.

“What is that?” Piglet asks August who happens that she’s with him.

“Nothing.” August said and starts to walk again.

Piglet followed him.

“I heard these rumors that Singto often seen with Krist and Gunsmile but I didn’t bother to tell you since Singto never involve in any fight.” Piglet said.

“Krist and Singto are different. Singto will never be close to him. I don’t know why Krist is looking for him.” August said. “I should talk to Singto now.”

“Aren’t we supposed to go to the Student Council meeting? CEO March is waiting for us.” Piglet said.

“I’ll follow you there. I just need to talk to Singto.” August said and run.

Piglet sighed.

……………………………………………………

Singto is helping his parents in the store when August came.

“P, what are you doing here?” Singto asks.

“Can we talk?” August asks.

“Sure.” Singto said.

Singto and August went outside the store.

“Krist is asking me about you. Tell me, what is your relationship to him?” August asks.

“We are just friends. P’Krist and P’Gunsmile like to hang out here. Pa and ma knew them.” Singto said.

“But pa and auntie knew that they are gangsters?” August asks.

“Yes but since they don’t do anything to hurt me or getting involve me to a fight, pa and ma accepted them as my friends.” Singto said.

“Ok. I will let you be friends with them but stay out of trouble. You are a smart student and the last thing I want you to do is getting into trouble.” August said.

“I will stay out of trouble, promise.” Singto said.

“Ok. Good.” August said.

……………………………………………………

After talking to August, Singto went back inside the store.

“Singto, we have a problem.” Erk said.

“What is it?” Singto asks.

“Your grandmother is now in the hospital. She was involved in a car accident.” Erk said.

“How is she?” Singto asks.

“We still don’t know. We need to go back to Bangkok.” Captain said.

“Ok. I will take care of the store.” Singto said.

“We’re sorry if you need to take care of the store.” Erk said.

“It is ok.” Singto said. “You should leave now.”

……………………………………………………

Krist and Gunsmile are going to the High School Town when Sita saw them.

“There you are. I’ve been looking everywhere for you.” Sita said.

“What do you want?” Krist asks.

“I need you to go with Fon to get the new art supplies in Bangkok.” Sita said.

“What? Don’t you know that it is a 5 hour drive from here to Bangkok?” Krist said.

“I know that but as the president of the Art Club, I am ordering you to go to Bangkok with Fon to get the art supplies now.” Sita said.

“No. Order someone else.” Krist said.

“Well, if you don’t want to do it. Then, you can build the booth tomorrow with the other members.” Sita said.

Sita knew that Krist doesn’t like to be with the members and mostly he doesn’t want to build booth because he doesn’t know anything about it even setting up a tent.

“Fine. I’ll drive Fon back to Bangkok.” Krist said. “But Gunsmile is coming with me.”

“Fine with me.” Sita said.

……………………………………………………

Fine with her but not for me.’ Fon thought while sitting at the back of Krist’s car.

Of all members of the club, why does it need to be him? And he brought his friend, too.’ Fon thought.

“Uhmm… P’Krist, if you like, you can drop me off to the train station. I can go to Bangkok by myself.” Fon said.

“No. Sita will nag me if I didn’t accompany you.” Krist said. “Besides, we don’t have a fight today so we are free. Right, Gunsmile?”

“Yes.” Gunsmile said.

Fon gulped.

“Relax, Fon. We don’t hurt girls. Unless you are a gang member.” Gunsmile said.

“I-Is that so? I-I’m glad.” Fon said.

……………………………………………………

Vihokratana International Academy…

The Vihokratana siblings arrived at the academy. Just like the Red Fountain Academy, the V.I.A students are coming to the academy before the actual school starts for the preparation.

“Tay, I don’t want you to get involved in any trouble this year.” Peach said.

“I won’t.” Tay said.

“I don’t believe in you.” Pear said. “The school hasn’t started yet but you are in trouble already.”

“I am not. What are you talking about?” Tay asks.

Pear points at someone.

“P’Napat?” Tay said.

Napat walks towards the siblings.

“Good to see you again, Tay.” Napat said.

“What is a graduate from Olympus University doing here?” Peach asks.

“I came here to talk to Tay.” Napat said.

“What business do you have to our brother?” Pear asks.

“Smart people like you don’t need to involve themselves here.” Napat said. “This is between two leaders.”

“For your information, we want Tay to not get himself involve to trouble. If he gets in to trouble, we will make you take the responsibility.” Peach said.

“Guys, just let me talk to him.” Tay said.

The twins look at each other.

“Ok.” Peach said and the twins left.

“What do you want?” Tay asks.

“Did you know that Focus is back?” Napat asks.

“She’s back? What does she wants now?” Tay asks.

“I am not sure but I think it is something about the past.” Napat said.

“About the Thawornwong brothers?” Tay asks.

“Maybe.” Napat said. “I sent someone to watch Focus’s moves. I can’t do what I usually do anymore since I have my reputation now.”

“I can take care the Red Fountain Academy. Leave that to me.” Tay said.

“Ok. Let’s contact each other from time to time.” Napat said.

“Ok.” Tay said. “But I remember something. Do you think that she will go to that person?”

“I don’t know but maybe.” Napat said.

“What should we do? If he talks-”

“He won’t.” Napat said.

“How sure are you? What if he decided to betray us?” Tay asks.

“If he will, I will kill him first before he betray us.” Napat said.