“Together” (platonic!Ship)

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 

 


 

 

 

“I can’t do it anymore!” Soonyoung yells in frustration. He slams his book close and stands up from the study desk kicking the air.

 

 

Jihoon as on the bed calmly reviewing Physics, but stops and turns stare at the older boy, who had a frown on his face and wrinkles staring to crease on his forehead.

 

 

“Yes you can! I thought you wanted to go to University.” Jihoon reminds him.

 

“I do… but…. There’s so much pressure. What if I don’t do a good job? My parents would disown me! What if I forget everything that I’ve studied? That’s the worst possible scenario yet. What if I become so nervous that I’ll fall sick and won’t be able to take the test? That would be bad. What if I don’t make to University and live my life as homeless man? Oh My God! I can imagine it. What if? What if…” Soonyoung started to panic.

 

Jihoon shakes the older out of his panic state and places a hand on the elder’s shoulder. Soonyoung stares blankly at nothing. Jihoon cups the older face and made the elder face him.

“Kwon Soonyoung. Snap out of it! Where’s the guy whose always optimistic even when whatever problems comes his way? Where’s the guy who always think positive thoughts and finds solutions to all the problems with a smile on his face? Where’s the guy who doesn’t know how to say ‘No’ or give up? Where is my best friend who never gives up on me no matter what problems I have? Where’s the Kwon Soonyoung I know and love?” Soonyoung tears up from Jihoon’s words.

 

“I’m sorry.” He mumbles through muffled cries. “I…. I’m scared Jihoon. What if it wasn’t meant to be?” He asks. “What if I fail? I’m scared of failing.” He continues.

 

Jihoon wipes the tears off the elder’s face. “So am I Soon. I’m scared of failure too… but listen…. We can do this. I believe we can. We’ll both pass the test. We’ll both make it to University pursuing the careers we wanted to do. Share a dorm or so, by ourselves? With other people? I don’t know, though I’m certain you’ll befriend them all just like the Soonyoung I know.” Soonyoung sniffles. Jihoon pats the elder’s cheeks softly. “We’ll do our best together. We’ll graduate together and become successful people, have our own families. I better be your best man.” Soonyoung lets out a snort. Jihoon smiles at him. “You don’t have to face everything alone, you know. I’ll be with you… every step of the way. So please…. Trust yourself more. You don’t have to be scared of a future that hasn’t happen yet. Live in the present. Isn’t that what you always say?” Jihoon finishes, eyes getting watery.

 

Soonyoung smiles, faces still red and puffy from crying. “You’re right. I lost myself there for a moment.” Jihoon’s tears spilled but he was smiling. Soonyoung wipes the tears off the younger’s face.

 

 

 

“Crybaby~” Soonyoung teases. Jihoon lightly punches his shoulder.

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

They both pass the test and attended University together. They met a few people along the way but were always there for each other. Through their Ups and their Downs. The happy moments. The sad moments. And everything in between, they spent it together. Till that unforgettable moment in their life came.

 

Soonyoung smiles at Jihoon in the crowd waving his diploma. The younger smiles and waves his back as well. They did it. They made it! Together.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Jihoon comes home to his apartment from work, massaging his sore neck and checks his mail. One letter caught his attention though. He sits on living room couch, opens the letter and a note attached to it fell. He picks it up and starts reading it. He caught himself smiling at the messy handwriting, but more of what’s written on it.

 

‘You’ve always been there for me every step of the way. And I’m the luckiest guy ever to have you as a friend best friend. As I start a new chapter in my life I hope you could be part of it and the following chapter to come. //Yeonha wrote that part, you know I’m terrible at making cheesy lines.//

Anyway, I’d be super overjoyed //still Yeonha// //Nah! It’s me!// If you could become my Best Man on my Wedding Day. Is it odd that I’m sort of like proposing for you to be my best man? Well whatever. I’ve already decided on it. You better be my best man. We’ve already printed all the invitations. It’s a waste of ink and money if you don’t. Joke! But really, please do… After all, you’re the BEST MAN a guy could ever have. Yeah I’m being cheesy now.’

 

- Soonyoung

 

 

 

Jihoon smiles at that idiot’s letter, but he wouldn’t change it for the world.

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

 

 

“We’ll do this together.” The younger says.

“Every step of the way...” The older finishes.

 

 


Word Count: 824

 

This is currently in line with what I'm feeling right now. Midterm exams are coming up and I'm feeling the pressure. Wish me luck on my exams and I hope i pass all of them. 

anyway, enjoy the SoonHoon ^^

-Kaye :3