"Not for Long" (SVTxYou)

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 


 

 

Jeonghan always had long hair. He grew it ever since he was in high school and gets scolded for it but he doesn’t care, coz it makes him stand out.

 

 

College finally kicks in and he still kept the long hair, he made it his look, that teachers gave up on complaining about it and just went with it.

 

 

Jeonghan met you in college, although how you met wasn’t really a story to tell (it was one of his friend’s weekend parties, he was drunk and you end up helping him out till he was sober again) but it was the start of an unlikely friendship.

So to say, Jeonghan and you are best friends, well college best friends at least. You got accustomed to his long hair and always end up styling it. He didn’t mind, as long as he didn’t look girly.

 

 

And just like in every typical guy-girl friendship, someone always has to fall. In this case, Jeonghan fell for you. He doesn’t exactly remember when he did but he knew he did when everything you do suddenly makes his heart pace a little quicker and his stomach flutters as if there were a thousand butterflies in them.

He wants you but can’t seem to figure out how, which is pretty ironic, since you’re best friends and all, he should know you better than anyone.

 

One day Jeonghan sees you with a guy, he wasn’t just some guy, he was one of your group mates in your Musical Project and it was pretty clear to Han that the guy likes you and he can’t help but clench his fist whenever you smile or laugh at something he said.

 

 

“Is something wrong with me?” Jeonghan asks one of his friends, his other best friend, Joshua.

“What makes you say that?” Joshua questions back.

“Hmm…. It’s just that…. I think something’s wrong with me.”

“That’s not really giving me an answer but again, why do you think so?” Joshua replies.

“Look at me Ji. Am I not handsome? Am I not attractive? Is there something wrong with my face?”

“No. You’re handsome, stop doubting yourself.”

“Then why is it that no girl seems to be attracted to me? I’m not that bad am I?” Jeonghan tries to make a point.

“Well…. That’s a pretty shallow reason to be worried about but if I have to put a say in it, I’m guessing it has to do with your hair.”

 

 

Jeonghan jolts up from his bed and gives Joshua a queer look.

 

 

“My hair? What’s wrong with my hair?” Jeonghan questions.

 

“Well… it’s been four years since you grew your hair. I think it’s about time you cut it short again. Aren’t you bothered by the length?” Joshua suggests.

“Cut my hair? Are you seriously telling me to cut my hair?” Jeonghan exaggerates.

 

Joshua scoffs.

 

“Please. It’s not like I’m telling you to kill yourself. Just cut your hair. I kind miss the short look on you. Trust me. It’ll do wonders on you.” Joshua tells him off.

 

 

Jeonghan continues to whine about his miserable single life but Joshua’s words somehow got him thinking.

 

 

 

So to say the next day, you were caught off guard, well everyone was caught off guard when Jeonghan enters the classroom, long hair gone and was now sporting a clean cut.

 

He approaches you with a small smile as he places his bags on the desk and moves to sit beside you. You were still gaping at him like a fish out of water.

 

 

“Does it look that bad?” He asked.

“Huh? Ugh… N-No. It actually looks good on you. I’m just… surprised that you cut your hair.” You felt shy staring at him; now that he had shorter hair his handsome features become more prominent.

 

 

 

“Wow Jeonghan! You look hotter now.” One girl compliments him.

 

Jeonghan thanked her, a bit shy with the sudden attention. You couldn’t help but stare at his side profile as he thanks the others compliments.

 

 

Now that he’s no longer long-haired, you have no excuse to touch him now. Now that he has short hair, you’re kind of scared of the fangirls that might flock him. Back when he had long hair, you were complacent that not many girls would set their eyes on him and so you could keep him all to yourself but now that he has short hair, it seems you’ve gained more competition but you can’t deny that he looks good with short hair.

 

 

He looks at you, smiling at you.

 

“I don’t think I’ll get use to this.” He sheepishly smiles.

 

You just smiled back at him.

 


Word Count: 773

Yes, this fic is still alive but I've realized that I may not be able to finish it this year. I'll update whenver I can but no promises since School's back which means I have to focus on my priorities, which is at the moment my education. I do hope you enjoyed this short drabble of mine though rather than drabble its more of a one shot now ^^

 

and that's basically it.

-Kaye :3