"Who Knows?" (SVTxOC) [last part]

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 


 

 

 

Here I am walking side by side with Son Kami. Okay so I didn’t exactly ask her to go out with me I just asked if she could go “out” with me “today.” Now that Jessi’s probably going to stop having tutor sessions with me, I might have more free time than I planned.

 

We were walking around, not really knowing where to go.

 

“Hey~” I look at Kami. “Want some ice cream? There’s this ice cream shop nearby that me and my friends love to hang.” Her eyes widen at her statement. “Oh! I…”

“It’s okay.” I faked smile.

“We don’t have to go there.”

“I am craving ice cream.” I reassured her.

“Okay then.”

 

I end up thinking of Jessi and I get reminded of just how different we are. Jessi, just when I thought of her she appears in front of me. We were heading to the ice cream shop when I saw her and Mingyu there. I was staring stupidly at them from the outside.

I felt Kami tug me out of my reverie and back into reality. I turn to face her yet my mind goes back to the two earlier. She pulls me far away from the shop and towards the nearest convenience store.

 

We entered the store heading to the freezer and she picks up two sandwich icecream. I just stared blankly as she pays for it. It was a quiet moment for both of us as she pulls me out of the store and continued our walk.

She broke the silence.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know they’d be there.”

“It’s not your fault.”

“I shouldn’t have suggested that place. I feel so bad for—” She stops rambing.  “I’m sorry Hansol.”

“Please. Just stop feeling sorry for me. I don’t like you looking at me with such a pitiful gaze. I’m not an attraction.” I told her off and walked away.

 

She chases after me. “That’s not what I meant. I don’t feel pity towards you.”

I turned around and faced her making her stop right into me. “Oof! Sorry.”

“Stop. Just please stop it Kami.”

“Well… You listen here Hansol. Jessi’s not the only girl in the world you know. There are plenty of fish in the sea. There are still people who want to be with you.” She tells me off. I was stunned into silence.

“W-What do you mean by that?” I felt confused by her words.

She clears her throats and smiles. “I just… forget it! Just stop moping and let’s have fun, shall we?”

 

 

Everything went fast pace, like really fast pace. We were literally going everywhere. I’m actually enjoying this.

We were sitting in a park bench just chilling and staring at the setting sky. It’s quite peaceful and I like this feeling of calmness.

 

 

 

“Thank you for spending the day with me. I really appreciate that.”

“Anything for a friend.”

 

I smiled at her and she looks at me with a fond look in her eyes. I felt the mood shift between us. I wasn’t thinking straight coz I felt like I wanted to touch her face and caress it. She looks at me expectantly.

 

“You can touch me you know. I don’t bite.” She teases. I rolled my eyes at her statement. “What are you a dog?”

“Arf!” She barks and puts her hand out like a puppy.

 

I just laughed at her quirkiness. She laughs as well knowing how silly she’s acting.

And then silence.

 

 

I stared at her seriously. “Do you really want to be friends with me?”

“Do you not want to? I thought we were friends now.” She playfully replies.

“I’m being serious here. I don- I can’t believe that you’d want to be friends with me.” I sighed.

“It’s cause I like you Hansol Vernon Chwe.”

“Like me?”

“I like you.”

“You like me?”

“I know I’ve been teasing you all day but… that’s the one thing I’m not fooling around with. I like you.”

 

‘Like as friend? Or perhaps… Impossible.’

 

“It’s possible.”

 

‘Did she just read my mind?’

 

“I don’t read minds but I can tell from your expression you know. You’re not as lowkey as you think you are.” She says with teasing voice. That just left my mouth hanging.

“Uhm…”

“What is it?”

“You like me.” She waits for me to continue. “And I’m not sure how I should feel about this. I’m not even sure what kind of like you’re referring to.”

“Whatever you want it to be.”

“Please tell me honestly. I’m literally clueless right now. And you… you’re making me feel all sorts of things today. You’re like a puzzle that’s hard to solve. You think you know the answer but then you find yourself thinking twice.”

“Oh am I?”

“Kami, I—”

 

I was cut off when I felt soft pair of lips on my left cheek. I was in a dazed when she backs away and smiles shyly at me.

 

“Does that answer that question?”

“I…” My cheeks flushed. “I-I’m not sure about this.”

“I like you. And you don’t have to give me a reply right now. Being your friend is already enough for me.” She smiles sweetly then her brows furrowed. “We are friends now, right?”

 

 

 

I felt my heart beat a mile a minute and my stomach suddenly had butterflies seeing her cute expression. I’m not sure if I like her that way or if this is just infatuation but…

I find myself not caring. Cause one thing for sure; I don’t want her gone from my life now. I smiled at her.

 

 

“We’re friends.”

 

She smiled. I smiled.

She’s a beauty and I’m a geek.

 

Maybe in time I’ll learn to like her that way. Who knows?

 

END

 


Word Count: 959

Yeah this short drabblefic is done and oh and before I forget, one of the drabbles here has become a full story. It's entitled "What's Happening?!" its a SoonyoungxEveryone fic, I hope you guys would read that as well.

-Kaye :3