"Mixtape" (SVTxOC)

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 

HEADS UP! This drabble is in the same universe as the CANDY drabble :)


 

 

 

Hansol always enjoyed making music but was too scared to show his songs except for his friends. He’s friends always supported him and cheered him on and so one day Hansol decided to bring his newest mixtape to University so that he could have his friend, Jihoon; who is a University DJ, take a listen to it and perhaps gets it played at the University’s Radio Station.

 

 

 

Apparently today wasn’t just his day when he realizes after his first class, which was Composition Class, that he lost his mixtape. After that realization he couldn’t just focus and was lost the rest of the day.

 

 

 

Lunch break came fast but Hansol didn’t have the appetite. He was still worrying over his lost mixtape. His friends tried to cheer him on and drag him to the school cafeteria.

 

 

“Don’t worry Sol. I’m sure it’s here somewhere.” Seungkwan reassures him.

“Perhaps someone might have found it and brought it over at Lost & Found.” Minghao adds.

 

 

“Or maybe threw it away.” Hansol says.

 

 

“Now don’t think of it like that. C’mon! You’re probably hungry.” Chan tells him.

 

 

Hansol sat down while Minghao and Chan went to buy the foods. They arrived back with a plateful and tried to force Hansol to eat.

Hansol didn’t want his friends to worry about him so he took a small bite of the tuna sandwich Minghao offered him. He was slowly eating when he heard a familiar tune playing on the radio.

 

 

 

“Wait! That song! That’s my mixtape!!!” Hansol told his friends.

“Really?!” Chan asks. Hansol nods.

“It’s the University’s Music Station. Perhaps hyung found your mixtape.” Minghao says.

“Did Jihoon-hyung really found my mixtape?” Hansol wonders.

“Won’t he have given it to back to you if he did? Jihoon-hyung isn’t the kind of person to take things without permission.” Seungkwan mentions.

“Well he did that one time to Junhui-hyung.” Minghao tells.

“Maybe he does have it. I mean he usually enjoys playing your mixtape.” Chan adds.

 

 

 

 

Could it really be with Jihoon-hyung?

 

 

 

 

But that thought went downhill when Hansol saw Jihoon lining up to get food.

Hansol quickly stood up and approach Jihoon. He taps the older to face him.

 

 

“Oh hey Sol!”

“Hyung?! I thought you found my mixtape and played it. Why are you out here?”

“I was hungry and besides one of the newbies was given a chance to DJ today. Also this is your mixtape?! It’s totally lit!” Jihoon compliments him.

“Wait! Newbie?”

 

 

Jihoon nods.

 

 

“Oh! Seems like I’m not the only one enjoying it.” Jihoon smiles at Hansol.

“Huh?”

 

 

Jihoon turns Hansol around and that’s when he took notice of the people’s reaction. They were enjoying it. He felt a sudden flow of pride and confidence overtakes him but then remembers that his mixtape was being played by some stranger.

 

 

“Hyung. I’ll head to the station. There’s something I have to see.”

“Yeah. Ok! Wait! Sol! Sol!” But before Jihoon could even say anything Hansol was gone. “Guess he’ll just find out by himself then.” Jihoon shrugs and continues on with his business.

 

 

 

Hansol arrives at the University station and was ready to speak his mind when he saw who the DJ was. She took notice of him and removes the headphone before opening the door to the station booth and smiled at him.

 

 

“Hey~”

 

 

Hansol was at loss for words coz in front of him was his long time crush.

 

 

“I’m assuming you came here for the mixtape.” She starts.

 

 

Hansol nods his head. She smiles again.

 

 

“I’m sorry I played it but when I heard it I felt like I had to let everyone hear it. It’s too awesome for it to be not played.” She explains herself.

 

 

 

But before Hansol could even reply the ‘ON AIR’ sign was on again and she had to get back to work.

 

 

 

 

She teases the listeners about the ‘Mystery Person’ who made the mixtape but didn’t reveal who he was and left them hanging afterwards she played some songs and turned to Hansol again.

 

 

 

She gives him a shy smile. “Are you mad at me for playing your mixtape?”

 

Well Hansol wasn’t mad; he was just surprised also he did want a reimbursement.

 

 

He shakes his head to say ‘NO.

 

 

“But I do want some reimbursement.” He tells her.

 

She beams. “Well… I can’t really give you anything. How about we exchange numbers and hangout sometimes? You get to have something from me and I get to know the person who made the mixtape. Also I find you cute.” She shyly replies.

 

 

 

Hansol was taken aback by her straightforwardness, but having given a chance to spend time with his crush was something he can’t say ‘no’ too also she called him ‘cute.’ That’s something!

 


Word Count: 792

 

And Diamond Edge in Bangkok just ended, I only ended up listening to it via audiostream but I feel like I was there T.T 

anyway enjoys this small Vernon drabble ^^

-Kaye :3