"A Shadow in the Night" (SVTxYou)

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 


 

 

It was late at night when Peniel finally finished work. She walks along the street smiling at everything in sight. She looks around and ends up reminiscing her past with Jihoon. She smiled at the happy memories even laugh about the bad ones.

She couldn’t believe she managed to have met someone like him. Such a polar opposite to her personality yet he accepted her wholeheartedly and even loved her.

She continues to stroll happily until she finally reaches home.

 

She enters and places her shoe on the shoe rack. She smiles at the shoes place beside hers. She does her evening routine until she finally decided to call it a night.

 

 

 

She crawls into her bed, smiling at the person beside her.

 

 

“I had fun today. Work was a little stressful but nothing I couldn’t handle. I passed by the pasta place we love; we should go there again sometime. I also passed by the park where you confessed to me. It still my favorite memory until today. Oh yeah, I also bought you’re favorite drink earlier. I can’t believe you enjoy drinking such fizzy drinks but that’s what I like about you. You’re not what you seem to be and you’re always full of surprises; that is why I love you.”

 

 

Her smile falter for a moment and a tear smears her face.

 

“But no matter how much I tell you this. You’ll never be able to hear it again. You’ll never get to say what you want to say. Cause you’re not here anymore.”

 

She continues to smile sadly at the empty space reaching out to it, caressing the smooth surface of the cloth, saying saccharine words to it.

 

“I miss you. I miss you every day and every night. I miss your sweet voice and how they make me feel. I miss hearing you sing. I miss you so much Jihoon. I wish you hadn’t left me.”

Peniel closes her eyes trying to fall asleep, dreaming of him.

 Of the two of them.

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

She doesn’t hear the cold whispered reply… “I miss you too Peniel. I wish I was still alive to be there for you.”

 

 

A transparent and cold Jihoon appears on the empty space, staring at Peniel fondly and sadly. He caress her face but she only tingles from his touch, cause he was a as plain to her now. She doesn’t even see that he’s always there watching over her.

He continues to stare at her pretty face, feeling guilty for leaving her so early.

 

“I’m sorry I had to leave you but I continue to love you. I love you Peniel, so much.”

 

-END-

 


 

Word Count: 443

an update - kaye :3