"Hand in Hand" (SVTxOC)

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

Minghao and you have been dating for almost a year now. And you’re relationship was not one to be judge. You and him understand each other as if he was your other soul. You get each other and nothing could ever separate you two. You two love to do things together but the favorite thing you two loved do the most is to tease and judge those couples who are fond of being matching.

‘Couple clothes’, ‘Couple rings’, ‘Couple shoes’, etc. everything that screams Couple. You two cringe at the sight whenever you see couples wearing matching ‘anything’ and ends up trying to outdo the other in finding the most couples who had matching ‘stuffs’.

 

 

You two always end up in a truce though at times he does let you win.

 

 

But even if you two hate those ‘couple stuffs’ you two do have something that match and that was due to your friends. When Mingyu decides to give you two couple bracelets as a “congratulations” for finally getting together, the older male ends up getting rejected by Minghao but the bracelets were to beautiful for you to say ‘No’ to and to think Mingyu found his way to give you something, it would be rude to reject the gift, so in the end Minghao ends up accepting the gift (though most of it had to do with you giving him puppy eyes for it.)

 

You always wear the bracelet but you rarely see Minghao wear it but that’s fine with you knowing you’re boyfriend isn’t the type to wear matchy-matchy anything.

 

 

 

 

“Hyemi…”

“Hmm….”

“Valentines is coming soon. Do you and Minghao have any plans since…. You know…. It’s Valentines as well as your Anniversary.”

 

 

You stop writing your essay and stare at your friend.

 

 

“Not really. We just go with the flow. Doesn’t matter if we have plans or not.” You simply replied.

 

 

“But it’s your First Anniversary and it’s on a Valentines for crying out loud!!!” You’re friend yelled, catching you’re other two roommates attention.

She hushes down and came closer to you. “Aren’t you worried?”

“No. Why should I be? We don’t have to be like other couples.” You tell her off.

“Seriously? You guys are the most…. How do I say this…. Most Peculiar couple ever.” She tells you. “And you haven’t even kissed yet. What’s Minghao waiting for? A proposal?” She whispers.

 

 

“Why are you so invested in my love life? Don’t you have better things to do?” You brushed her off.

“Fine. Fine. I’ll stop. But I’m only saying it as a concern friend. Haven’t you ever wished to do something ‘couple-ish’ with him?” She says as a last rebut.

“We’re happy to be together. That’s enough for me.” You replied.

 

 

She stops bothering you but her words remained in your thoughts.

 

 

 

If you were to be honest, you really do find couples who wear anything matching so cheesy and cringey but you do wonder why they still do it. What’s there to gain? You do wonder at times if you and Minghao were like any other couple out there, would you’re relationship last this long? Although its wishful thinking, you sometimes imagine you and Minghao wearing matching clothes. It’s just a silly thought and you know Minghao would never agree to it.

 

You brought back to your senses and continued to finish your essay.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Time flew by fast and Valentines was here.

 

Ever since you’re friend told you about being more couple-ish with Minghao, you end up having it stuck in your mind on a replay button.

 

 

 

 

 

You two were walking in the busy streets of Seoul but your mind was off somewhere else. Minghao noticed you were kind of off and was a bit concerned. You halt momentarily and stared at something up ahead; Minghao followed your line of sight and caught what you were staring at.

 

There was a couple who were wearing some cheesy clothes (saying: ‘He’s mine’ ‘She’s mine’) and Minghao thinks you were going to make a comment about it but you continued walking, saying nothing.

 

 

“Hyemi? Didn’t you see the couple earlier? They were wearing some cheesy couple outfit. It was such a cringey sight.” Minghao chuckles as he tries to break off the awkward silence that suddenly consumes you both.

 

 

He stops laughing seeing you didn’t seem to be in the mood to joke around.

 

 

“Is something the matter? You haven’t been yourself lately.” Minghao asks.

 

“Hao….”

 

 

Minghao brings his full attention to you.

 

 

“Would it be weird if I said we should wear matching clothes?” You tell him.

 

 

Minghao stops and checks to see if you were fooling around but you seemed serious.

 

 

“Well…. Yeah. A bit. I mean we’re not the type to actually like wearing matching stuffs. And it’s super cheesy if we did. So yeah, a bit.” Minghao warily replies.

“I see.” You reply but Minghao took notice of your sad expression.

 

 

You two continued walking around passing by more couples who wear being matchy-matchy. Minghao tries to make a comment but you didn’t seem to be in the teasing mood.

You two end up stopping in front a boutique that had a couple shirts on display. Minghao took noticed of your expression as you stare longingly at the display. He knew you too well so he somehow manages to put two and two together.

 

 

“Hyemi….”

“Hmm…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Would you like it if we were to wear matching clothes?”

 

 

 

You turned wide eyed with Minghao’s offer. That was totally out of the blue and out of Minghao’s character.

 

 

“A-Are you serious?” You asked him.

Minghao looks at you with a smile. “I mean. We could try it out…. And since its Valentines, it wouldn’t really look so odd since…. There a lot of other couple as well. And….”

 

 

But Minghao stops talking when you suddenly hugged him tightly.

 

 

“You’d really wear matching clothes for me?” You asked him.

“Yeah. If it makes you happy. Then I’m willing to try.” He replies. “But I can’t make any promises that I’ll like it.” He adds.

 

You chuckled at that.

 

 

 

So to say you two ends up buying that couple outfit on display and ends up walking around town looking like every other couple being so matchy. Minghao felt embarrassed but seeing your smile made him get by with it. And now that he’s actually wearing matching clothes with you, he doesn’t seem to find it so bad. He somewhat understands why a lot of couples seem to like wearing matching things.

 

It wasn’t simply to show off to the world that they’re a couple, it was simply the joy of owning something that you’re other half has as well.

 

 

 

Minghao decides to be courageous for once and took hold of your hand. That caught you off guard and you stared at your intertwined fingers, but that wasn’t the reason you were surprise, it was what Minghao was wearing on his hands that made you speechless.

 

 

 

“The bracelet…. You’re wearing it.”

 

 

“I always wear it.” Minghao replies. “Coz it reminds me of you and to remember that you’re always there for me.” He tells you.

You felt touch by his words and felt tears forming. All this time you thought he didn’t care about matching with you but he actually does.

 

 

 

“Happy First Anniversary Hyemi.” He greets with a sheepish smile.

 

 

You smiled.

 

 

“Happy First Anniversary Hao.”

 

 


Word count: 1231

 

so i manage to update this story but you have to wait a bit longer until i can finish it all. i finally got a chance to use my father's laptop which was no easy feat and i cant really update because i didnt bring my laptop in my hometown so i have to take my time in updating and doing it my phone is too much of a hassle anyway i hope you enjoyed this chapter. its a little something for our dear minghao ^^

-Kaye