“Fact & Fiction” [part 1]

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 


 

 

 

Wonwoo walks around passing by tree after tree after tree. He was tired and currently lost stomach grumbles and apparently hungry. He continues to walk around hoping to find food or shelter that has food.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a few more minutes of walking he finds a cottage.

 

 

 

Odd? Who still lives in a collage?

 

 

 

But who was he to complain, he was tired. He approaches the house and knocks on the door. No answer. He knocks again yet still no answer. He excuses himself and enters it warily. He takes a look around the house and notice how small everything seems.

 

 

 

Do children live here perhaps? It seems possible basing on the size of the house and the furniture.

 

 

 

Before he could answer, he ends up facing a cobweb.

 

 

 

Oh! I hope there’s no spider.

 

 

He continues to look around and realizes just how dusty the place is. He doesn’t want to pry but these children sure don’t know how to clean up a house. He decides to move on and find a bed but he goes back and opts to clean instead.

 

 

 

 

I can’t rest if the place is messy and dusty anyway.

 

 

 

 

He starts working, finding a broom and a mop and sweeping here and mopping there. He hums to a tune of a song as he cleans, a few forest critters hears him and comes to help him. At first he found it odd but as he realizes their intention, he lets them and they fall into a familiarity. Once the house was all cleaned up, he finds himself feeling tired and turns to find a bedroom. He sees one and enters it to see equally small size beds, 8 of them to be exact. He checks to see names written on each bed.

 

 

 

Angel? Gentle? Hyper? Odd names for children.

 

 

 

He yawned and finds himself falling asleep.

 

 

 

I’ll just have a little nap.

 

 

 

He closes his eyes and quickly falls asleep on the beds. Wonwoo was now in dreamland, dreaming of cheeseburgers. Yep! He was still hungry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Later that day, when night had just fallen; eight short men came home to see their house unusually clean. Unusual since they were all certain none of them cleaned up before leaving and even if they did, it wouldn’t be this clean. They wondered and argued till they’ve come to a conclusion.

 

 

 

“Someone when into our house and cleaned it up.” The eldest mentions.

 

 

 

They went to their room and see the door slightly ajar; they entered and see a sleeping figure on their beds.

 

 

“Who is that?” One asks.

“I don’t know.” The other replies

“What’s he doing here? Was he the one who cleaned the house?” Another asks.

“He looks so mesmerizing?”One comments.

“He does look beautiful, like a dream come true.” Another agrees.

“So beautiful…” Another agreed as well.

 

 

 

Wonwoo wakes up from the murmurs and was surprised to see eight little men, looking at him dreamingly.

 

 

 

“Oh! We didn’t mean to wake you up. We just thought you seemed so peaceful sleeping.” The eldest tells him.

“Were you the one who cleaned our house?” Another asks. Wonwoo nods, not sure what to do seeing eight little men.

“We’re very much thankful for that.” One, full of energy says. “Although someone as beautiful as you shouldn’t be doing such work.” He adds.

 

 

 

Wonwoo’s face heats up from that comment. “I-I’m not beautiful.”

 

 

 

“Oh but you are. By the way I’m Hyper and these are my friends.” He introduces them one by one. “The long haired one’s Angel. The calm one’s Gentle. The one who looks tired is Sleepy and the one beside him is Louder, he really talks a lot.”

“Oh! Shut it Hyper! I’m not that talkative.” Louder complains.

“But you are loud.” Another comments. “I’m Crazy by the way. These little one over here is Shorty and this is our youngest, Baby.” Crazy finishes the introduction.

 

 

 

 

Wonwoo feels at odds with their names but somehow their names sort of match their personality.

 

 

 

 

“You’re really beautiful you know.” Sleepy comments. Wonwoo turns red again.

“You’re so fair. You’re probably the fairest one of all.” Louder adds.

 

 

 

 

Fairest one of all?

 

 

 

 

Something clicks in Wonwoo’s mind. He remember reading a fairytale before he found himself in this unknown land. “I’m Snow white?!” He questions himself. “Oh hell no!” Gasps were heard, the loudest coming from Gentle.

 

 

 

“He said the H-word.” Baby comments.

 

 

 


Word Count: 735

One of my favorited drabbles. The story line for this actually shifted as I was writing. Wonwoo was supposed to be Snow White's Prince, but this works too. Anyway, do you know who the eight dwarves are? (hint: their name)

-Kaye :3