"Too Late..." (SVTxYou)

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 


 

 

“Siree please don’t do this.” Soonyoung begs her; holding on to her wrist. Siree takes his hand off her and smiles sadly. “I’m sorry Soonyoung but I’m breaking up with you. We’re done here.”

Siree turns around to walk away but Soonyoung hugs her tightly from behind, surprising her.

Soonyoung buries his face on her neck and whimpers “Please… stay. Don’t do this to me. You know how much you mean to me. I can’t live without you.”

Siree remains standing straight. “I’m sorry but this is the end for the two of us Soonyoung. We can’t be together anymore.” And with all her strength she loosens Soonyoung’s hold and walks away not looking back once. Not even when Soonyoung calls for her name.

 

 

 

 

‘It’s for the best.’

 

--

 

It’s been a week since he last saw Siree. Soonyoung hasn’t been himself and feels weak and tired all the time. His long time nanny has been worried sick over his unusual behavior and his father had enough of it.

 

 

 

-SOONYOUNG’s POV-

I heard a knock and then the twisting of the door knob. Someone enters my room and I can sense him hovering above me.

“Soonyoung get up and ready yourself.”

“Father…”

I hear him sigh and pat my head gently. “I don’t know why you’re acting this way but please can you just be your usual self this afternoon. I’m asking you this on behalf of our family. You know we’re meeting up with her today don’t you?”

I got up and stared at father. “Okay father. I’ll do my best, for our family’s future.” I forced a small smile at him and I could he was happy with my reply.

“Good cause it’s almost time to meet them. It’d be best if you dress up and look presentable.” He reminds me before leaving my room.

 

 

 

 

“I supposed I do need a breath of air.”

 

--

 

We came to one of the fine restaurants in town, one where you need a reservation to enter and eat in the place. We got out of the car and I followed behind father who seem so nervous and excited. I couldn’t help but smile at his actions.

Today was the day he was going to introduce me to his future wife; my future stepmother.

 

 

 

The server led us to one of the rooms and we went in. we waited a bit more for the arrival of Father’s fiancée. Once they did, I heard my heart breaks into pieces but in reality; I just drop the glass I was drinking from.

“Soonyoung!” Father wakes me out of my reverie. I apologized for my little mistake as the waiter cleans up the shards of glass. The two people who entered sat in front of us and they were all smiles.

 

.

 

Father was beaming and so was the other woman. Father introduces me and she introduces herself to me, along with the female that accompanied her.

 

 

 

“This is Soonyoung my son.” I just nodded my head as sign of respect. She smiles at me. “It’s nice to finally meet you Soonyoung. You’ve heard about me but this is the first time we have met formally. I am Cindy and here with me is my daughter, Siree.”

Siree looks up and nods politely. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“Siree…” I called her name; she looks at me with a blank face and a polite smile.

“Yes? Soonyoung, right?”

 

 

 

My heart clenched. She’s pretending she doesn’t know me; well two can play that game.

 

 

 

“Nothing. Just making sure I didn’t pronounce your name wrong.

 

--

We continued our conversation as we ate lunch; at least father and Siree’s mother were making conversation. I kept quiet the whole time, still processing the situation. Siree on the other hand joins their conversation, laughing and smiling along to their words.

I remain staring at her.

 

Siree excuses herself to head to the comfort room. A little later I followed suit.

 

--

 

-SIREE’S POV-

I came out of the ladies’ room just to see Soonyoung waiting outside for me. I ignored him and headed back. He pulls me towards him though and drags me somewhere.

“Soonyoung, please let go.”

He stops walking and traps me instead between himself and the wall behind me.

 

“So you do know it’s me. Yet you so happily pretended that you didn’t know I existed until today.” I could tell he was seething of anger but mosty hurt. “Why?” he slams a fist at the wall and I felt frightened from his actions. “Why did you pretend to not know me?”

“Because that way they’re won’t be any questions.”

“Question? About what? about us?”

“Yes Soonyoung about us. We can’t have our parents know we use to date. Not when they’re getting married to each other soon.”

“Did you know? Did you know that you’re mother was dating my father?”

“Yes. I found out two weeks ago. Why do you think I broke up with you in the first place?”

“I thought you hated me. So it was because of this. Well we can stop them. We’ll them about us and we’ll be happy.”

I pushed him off me.

“We can’t Soonyoung. I can’t. I’m happy for my mother because she finally found her happiness and I can’t ruin that for her.” I turned around and took a deppe breath and slowly walked away from him.

“What about your happiness? What about our happiness? What about my feelings?” he questions me.

“Some things are worth sacrificing for.”

“What about me Siree? What about me? What about us?” I could feel my heart breaking from his hurt voice.

“I’m sorry Soonyoung. But we can never be together again because we’re going to be family soon. You’re going to be my brother and that is our fate.”

 

 

 

 

I walked away from him not looking back, my tears flowing down my face.

 

 

 

 ‘I don’t want to do this but there’ no other way. We can’t continue to date each other if our parents are getting married. You’ll just have to accept the fact that I’m going to become your sister.’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Goodbye to us Soonyoung.”

 


Word Count: 1027

I actually cried writing this. - kaye :3