"In the Eyes of..." (kid!SVT)

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 


 

Seokmin was 3 and he’s never been to daycare before. Mama left him there saying he should go make friends and that she’ll be back in a few hours. Seokmin had no clue what she meant by that but he was left behind in the mysterious place in the hands of someone other than his parents. Said person was smiling at him sweetly. She was wearing some sort of apron or something, and had a name tag on. Seokmin wasn’t good of a reader yet but he could make out a few words. ‘Dabin’

            

                 

“C’mon Seokmin-ah~ Why don’t you go meet the others. I’m sure you’ll make good friends with them.” She tells him, still smiling. Seokmin follows her as she walks through a door, he enter as well. He looks at the place curiously. There were pictures of cartoon characters and animals on the wall. He observes some more and took notice of a few kids; some older, some about his age, playing around.

 

 

The caretaker, Dabin, gathers the kids around as Seokmin stands behind her. “Okay everyone. We have a new friend joining us today. I hope you could make him feel welcome.” She moves aside until he was in clear view to everyone in the room.

She urges him to move forward and introduce himself, and he did just so. He bows and introduces himself. “I’m Lee Seokmin and I’m 3. My mommy left me here saying I should go make friends.” The caretaker smiles at him and tells them to get along before leaving to get some stuffs.

The kids went back to playing, not really minding him, except for one kid. He had a round face and chubby cheeks, his eyes were so small and slanted, he reminded Seokmin of a hamster.

 

 

 

“Do you like to draw?” the kid asks.

Seokmin shakes his head to say No’ “What’s that?” He asks curious; the kid beamed and pulls him towards a table in the corner full of papers and coloring materials. He lets Seokmin sit on one of the stools then picks up one of the papers on the table.

“This is a drawing.” The boy says showing a picture of what supposed to be a flower. He showed Seokmin a few more and Seokmin grew even more curious. The older kid, revealed to be named Soonyoung, teaches Seokmin how to draw.

 

 

 

Seokmin tries and follows Soonyoung’s lead. The younger boy enjoyed what he was doing and continues to draw. He spent most of the time drawing with Soonyoung, but along the way he manages to make friends with the other kids, thanks to Soonyoung’s help.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seokmin’s mother came to pick him up later that day. He waves bye to his friends and goes to his mom who was smiling at him. They walk hand in hand towards the parking lot.

 

 

“How was your day at the daycare sweetie?” His mother asks.

“It was fun!” Seokmin answers. “I made friends. One of them, Soonyoung-hyung taught me how to draw.” He tells.

“Oh? That’s good to know. I’m glad you enjoyed yourself dear.” His mother replies.

 

 

 

Seokmin gives her a piece of paper as she buckles his seatbelt. She accepts and looks at the paper. Seokmin was  looking at her, eyes gleaming with anticipation.

 

“It’s wonderful!” His mother compliments. Seokmin smiles, satisfied. Although in honesty, it was more of a scribble of circles and lines rather than a drawing, but he did make an effort.

 


Word count: 578

 

This all happened before Seokmin became a ball of sunshine, well according to me atleast ^^

-Kaye :3