“Lays in Our Hands” [part 1]

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 


 

 

 

Soonyoung was in the practice room, memorizing his lines when he trips and accidentally hits his head on the wall and loses conscious.

 

 

 

 

He wakes up on a park bench, looking like a homeless man. He stares at his surroundings and questions how he got there when he was clearly at the practice room earlier. He walks around trying to get back to Pledis and passes by a CD Store but stops when he notices a SHINee Album on display.

 

 

He comes in to take a closer look. “Woah! SHINee has a new album. How come I didn’t know that?” He questions as he appreciates the album he was holding.

 

 

He continues to look around the place, scanning over the albums on sale. He saw a couple of groups he’s never heard of before and finds himself questioning who these artists were and when they debuted. He continues to scan when ONE album caught his attention.

 

 

 

 

 

Going Seventeen?

 

 

 

 

He takes a look, thoroughly scanning the album, when he hears a couple of girls gushing on something that was playing on TV. He looks up just to be surprised.

 

 

 

 

Seventeen teen teen.

 

 

 

“Seventeen?” Soonyoung continues to stare and was in utter amazement. “That’s us! That’s me! B-But how? We haven’t even debuted yet? And who are those other people? I don’t remember seeing them at practice at all. And where are the other guys?”

Soonyoung continues to observe until the end of the music video. “Boom boom, huh? That’s a pretty cool title.” Then he turns to observe his surroundings once more, realizing something. “But where exactly am I? When exactly am I in?”

 

 

 

He approaches one of the store’s attendant and asks for the date; he was not prepared to hear that.

 

 

 

 

“T-Twenty Sixteen? December Four Twentysixteen (2016)?” He repeats. “I’m three years into the future. What’s happening here? Why am I here?” His legs felt numbed and he finds it hard to breath.

 

“Are you okay sir?” One customer asks him. Soonyoung brushes him off and leaves the store.

 

 

 

 

He tries to run making sure this was real. He felt tired and hungry. Luckily he stops close to a convenience store. He enters it, hoping to find his favorite ramyun and trying to set his mind straight.

 

 

 

He was about to pick it up when another hand reaches for it as well making their hands brush.

 

 

“Oh sorry! Did you want that?” the other person apologizes. Soonyoung turns to him just to find himself even more shock but so was the other person.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh My God! A doppelganger? Am I gonna die soon? I don’t wanna die yet.” The other man whines. Soonyoung broke from his trance and clamps the other’s mouth. He thinks he’s found the answer to his questions.

 

 

 

 

He pulls the other man to the side and speaks. “I’m not a doppelganger but I do have some questions. If you can help me out here then that would be great.” Soonyoung frees his hand from the others, who was now satring at him wide eyed.

 

 

“Simple question. Who are you? How old are you? And are you the real thing?” Soonyoung questions.

The other replies, finally trying to make sense of things. “Kwon Soonyoung but I’m known as Hoshi now. 21. And yes I’m real. Are you real?”

“21? I guess I really am in the future. I’m supposed to be 18 right now.” Soonyoung says to himself.

“Wait! 18? Then that means…. You’re 2013 me? Back when I was still a trainee.” Hoshi mentions.

 

Soonyoung looks up and smiles. “Yeah.”

 

“But why are you here? In this time frame. How did you get here?” Hoshi asks.

“I don’t know. I’m also asking the same question. But I do want to know how I could get back.” Soonyoung replies.

“Oh! Well…. Sorry. I don’t think I could help you with that. I mean, I’m quite surprise to see the past me here and still questioning how.” Hoshi says. Soonyoung turns sullen. “But…. Perhaps the other members could help.” Hoshi suggests. Soonyoung beams.

“The others? I’m going to meet the others?” Soonyoung asks. “They might be of help.” Hoshi replies.

 

 

 

 

The two Soonyoung’s starts to walk back to Hoshi’s dorm, hoping the members could help. On the way, Soonyoung questions when they debuted; who the new guys were and where were the others. Hoshi was careful of his answers, trying to make sure he doesn’t ruin the time space continuum. So he simply brushes off Soonyoung’s questions.

 

 

 

“I don’t think I should answer. Cause if I do, I might change our future. For better or worse, I don’t really know but I rather not mess with time.”

 

Soonyoung felt dumbfounded by his answer but he thinks Hoshi makes a point. “You’re right. What fun is there when I already know my future?”

 

“Let’s just focus on trying to get you back to 2013.” Hoshi replies. Soonyoung beams again feeling excited to meet the others, not watching his step and accidentally tripping on the pavement, losing conscious.

 

 

 

 

Soonyoung wakes up to see his friends worried faces and to find himself back in the practice room.

 

 

 

“Huh? What? Where am I?” He asks.

“You’re in the practice room.” Jihoon replies.

“Are you okay hyung? We found you lying on the floor and thought you were dead, thankfully you woke up.” Seokmin says.

“On the floor?” Soonyoung questions. The other nodded.

“I must have lost conscious. I did trip and hit my head on the wall.” Soonyoung replies.

“Were you hurt?” Seungcheol asks as he checks Soonyoung’s head for any injuries.

“I’m fine. But I did have a weird dream though.” Soonyoung tells them. The rest of his friends just stares at him.

 

 

 

“What kind of a dream was it?” Wonwoo asks. Soonyoung stares at them.

 

 

 

 

 

“It was about us.” Soonyoung replies.

 

 

 


Word Count: 972

This was quite hard to write for me since I was really thinking how I could write this down.

-Kaye :3