“Nervous” (family!SVT)

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 

 


 

.

Junhui pulls up his car and looks at the place in front of him.

 

 

 

Pledis Kindergarten

 

 

 

He then turns to the four year old sitting at the back seat. “We’re here Hao.” He smiles at the sulking boy who just stares tries to glare at him, eyes screaming I-Wanna-Go-Home!

 

Junhui tries his best to stay positive and tries to get the stubborn Minghao out of the car.

 

 

 

“Minghao.” Junhui says sternly. The child whimpers but obeys and gets out of the car. It was never good to make Junhui angry, Minghao knows that no matter how stubborn he is.

 

 

 

 

The younger holds on to his father’s hand like his life depends on it. He didn’t want to go to school; he was perfectly fine at home but his parents wanted him to go attend one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

They both walk inside the school and directly to the School Office where they were welcomed by the Kindergarten/Elementary Principal, Kwon Soonyoung.

 

 

“Ah! You must be the new student we’ve been expecting.” Principal Kwon states.

“Yes. I’m Moon Junhui and this is my son Moon Myungho.” Junhui introduces and urges Minghao to greet the older man. Minghao gives a small bow but stays close to Junhui. Soonyoung just smiles at him.

 

“Shy boy I notice.” Soonyoung starts. Junhui nods. “He’ll get pass this phase. He’s just starting school after all. Of course he’ll feel a little nervous. Aren’t you feeling nervous as well?” Soonyoung asks.

 

“A bit. It’s the first time I’ll leave Myungho alone. He’s not the social type so I’m quite anxious on what will happen to him.” Junhu replies.

“Don’t worry. His homeroom teacher is one of the best here at school. He’ll be socializing in no time.” Soonyoung tries to ease the other man.

 

 

 

 

 

Just then a beautiful male enters the office.  Soonyoung ushers him to come closer.

 

 

 

 

 

“This is Yoon Jeonghan. One of the teachers here and he’ll be Myungho’s homeroom teacher.” Soonyoung introduces. Jeonghan smiles at the two and crouches to Myungho’s height.

 

 

 

“Hello~ You must be Myungho. I’m Teacher Jeonghan and I’m going to be your teacher starting today. You can always approach me whenever you want to say or do something. So let’s be friends, okay Myungho-sshi?” Jeonghan greets sweetly at the little boy.

 

Minghao hides behind his father’s back, eyes peeking at the male curiously. Junhui moves aside and scolds the boy gently. “Hao-Hao, what did I tell you?” Junhui mentions.

 

 

 

Minghao moves forward and gives a small bow still clinging to Junhui. Jeonghan looks at the young boy; he needs some working to do.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The three of them leaves the office and head to the classroom where the other kindergartners were. Jeonghan enters, the two followed suit.

Jeonghan turns to Minghao and smiles. “Would you like to meet the other kids?” He asks. Minghao shakes his head in response. Jeonghan turns to Junhui who was giving him a What-Am-I-Supposed-To-Do-Now Look. The former just gives him a sympathetic smile.

 

 

 

“Well…. If you aren’t too busy; you can join the class. I’m sure Myungho would like that.” Jeonghan suggests.

 

 

Junhui contemplates for a moment; thinking that he’ll miss work then his eyes wanders over Minghao who was staring curiously at the other kids, holding Junhui’s hand tightly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just until Minghao gets accustomed to it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Junhui informs his boss about his situation, which was taken warmly by his boss. Junhui was lucky his boss, Choi Seungcheol, was such an understanding man.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay class.” Jeonghan gathers the kid to form a circle. “We have a new friend joining us in class starting today. This is Moon Myungho and his father Junhui, please help me welcome them with an applause.” The children claps at the Father & Son and greets them.

 

 

Junhui and Minghao sits at one of the empty spots as Jeonghan starts the class. Junhui just observes Jeonghan as he teaches the chidren and his way of spreading information. Minghao was listening attentively the whole time.

Minghao was a smart kid. He enjoys learning. Minghao was a good kid, he listens well; the only problem was his social skills. Whenever someone approaches him, he runs away and/or clings to Junhui or his mother. He easily gets scared whenever he interacts with other people other than his parents. Junhui and his wife were scared Minghao would grow up lonely and unsociable, so they decided to enroll him at school, hoping it could cure his fear of interactions. They just wanted to see Minghao make friends but that currently wasn’t going well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Time flew by quickly and it was already time for snacks break. Junhui opens the snacks, his wife prepared for Minghao, it was two slices of PB&J sandwich, Minghao’s favorite. Junhui observes the other kids as they were eating snacks. He caught himself staring at one little boy. He had huge box of sliced fruits as snacks and he sharing it to everyone, giving a piece to each kid, even one for Jeonghan.

 

 

The little boy then approaches him and Minghao and offers a sliced apple to the younger boy. Minghao stares at him then at the apple then to Junhui who just smiles and gives him a nod of approval.

 

 

 

Minghao turns back and hesitantly accepts the apple, the other boy beamed brightly, showing his canines. Minghao gives a small smile back. “My name’s Mingyu.” The little boy introduces.

Junhui nudges Minghao to introduce himself. The younger stares hesitantly before giving a soft reply. “Ming-Myungho.” The other boy smiles even wider.

“Want to be friends?” Mingyu asks. Minghao’s eyes widen at the question. No one has ever asked him to be friends. This boy was the first one, Minghao slowly felt himself smiling. “Su-Sure.” He replies.

Mingyu offers his hand. Minghao looks at Junhui then smiles before slowly letting go of his father’s hand and placing his on the other boy’s instead, letting him lead Minghao to the other kids.

 

 

Junhui feels tears b but caught them before they spill.

 

 

 

Minghao was socializing. He was making friends. He suddenly felt a huge weight of burden being lifted off him. He accidentally locks eyes with Jeonghan who gives him a comforting smile and mouthing the words It’s okay. He’ll be fine.

 

 

 

 

 

Junhui felt happy for Minghao. He felt happy for his son. His wife would be glad to hear this.

 

 

 

 


Word Count: 1053

Chinaline going strong as a family :)

-Kaye :3