"Jeon't You Dare!"

365 Days of Seventeen

 


 

“Hyung?”

 

 

 

“Wonwoo-hyung?”

 

 

 

 

“Kitchen!”

 

 

He enters the kitchen to see his older brother making a chicken sandwich. He was placing the other toast on top when Jungkook enters.

 

 

“Hyung.” Wonwoo looks at his brother waiting for his next words. Jungkook looks teary eyed but he forces to put a smile on his face. Jungkook opens his mouth but no words were coming out. He closes it and stares at his brother with pitiful eyes.

Wonwoo sighs. The younger won’t say anything until he does, so he places his sandwich down and places his full attention on the younger.

 

 

 

“Kook, is something the matter?”

 

 

 

Jungkook was still putting on a force smile. Wonwoo looks at him sternly, with a calm yet strict expression.

 

 

 

“Jungkook? If you don’t say anything how will I know how to help you out? Is there a problem?” Wonwoo clarifies.

Jungkook’s façade finally slips. “Y-Yes.” The younger replies with a shaky voice. Wonwoo waits.

 

 

 

“M-Mingyu broke up with me.” Jungkook breaks down in tears.

 

 

Wonwoo’s face softens at his brother’s broken down state. He approaches the younger and captures him in a hug, patting his back, reassuring him that everything was fine.

“I know I shouldn’t say anything but…”

“You were right!” Jungkook sniffles. “Mingyu was just using me to get Taehyung’s attention. She… She played me like a fool.”

 

 

 

Wonwoo continues to calm his brother down.

 

 

 

“I… I should have listened when you said Mingyu was bad news. I shouldn’t have gone out with her.” He continues to cry. Wonwoo sighs and just kept mum. He knew how it felt to be broken hearted; by the same girl nevertheless.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He and Mingyu used to date back then, she was the sweetest girl in the world, she was ideal, and she was so caring. And then one day she breaks his heart. Mingyus wasn’t good. She wasn’t sweet. She wasn’t… ideal. She left him for someone else but she never got her feelings returned as well. Two years later she and Jungkook met and started dating. He warned his younger brother about her but he didn’t listen. Wonwoo tried to give Mingyu a chance to redeem herself from what she did to him, but she did the same to his brother. And he realized; Mingyu would never change. She will always be leading you on whilst chasing other guys.

 

 

“I’m sorry hyung.” Jungkook apologises. He breaks off from the hug and stares at his older brother. “I’m really a terrible brother.” Wonwoo slaps his back startling the younger.

 

“What are you apologizing for? You didn’t do anything wrong. You simply just fell in love with a girl who wasn’t serious. If you’re terrible then so am I. if you’re apologetic then I’m feeling much more coz I could have help you out. I could have done crazy things to stop you from dating her but I didn’t. I told you she was trouble and a mess and you didn’t listen, I should have continued to persist you but I didn’t. So I’m at fault here. I’m a sorry excuse of an older brother.” Wonwoo couldn’t even look at his brother in the eye and stared down shamefully.

 

Jungkook was speechless by his brother’s words and for the first time, he laughed. Wonwoo was puzzled by Jungkook’s laughter.

 

“Why are you laughing?” Wonwoo questions.

“Cause we’re both idiots. Cause we got played by the same girl. And we both are apologizing for each other. We really are brothers.” Jungkook smiles at him.

Wonwoo smiles back at him, realizing the situation. “I guess we are.”

 

 

 

 

“But even so… I’m lucky you’re my brother, Wonwoo-hyung.” Jungkook mentions.

Wonwoo smiles even wider. “Me too, I’m lucky to have you as a brother too, Kook.”

 


So yeah, the Jeons are siblings and yes they both dated Mingyu (and yes Mingyu’s a girl) so we got a meanie and whatever-you-call-jungkook/mingyu’s-ship-name.

-Kaye :3