"Thunder" (SVTxYou)

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 


 

 

“Scary…” *thunder rumbles, a 6 year old Cath covers her ears.* “So very scary.”

 

Minghao looks under the table and finds Cath sitting in a fetal position and covering her ears and closing her eyes.

 

“So scary…” *thunder rumbles again* Cath flinches once more. Minghao goes underneath the table as well and places a blanket between the two of them. Cath turn to face him still shaking whenever there is thunder.

“M-Ming… *hiccup* Hao.”

 

*thunder rumbles again and Cath leans closer to Minghao and clings to him while holding to the blanket tightly.

 

“It’s okay Cath. I’m here. The thunder and lightning won’t hurt you. I won’t let it hurt you.” Cath looks up with teary eyes at Minghao and slowly smiles at him. *thunder rumbles* Cath hides her face on Minghao’s shoulder. “It’s okay.” Cath slowly looks up again and sees a smiling Minghao without histwo front teeth. “I’ll protect you from it, I promise.”

 

--

 

20 years later…

 

Cath stares at the droplets of rain sliding down outside her window. She stares at the grey sky and prays that there won’t be any lightning and thunder today.

 

Hears thunder rumbling at a distance. Cath hugs herself.

 

“I-It’s going to be okay. I’m inside. I’m safe inside the house.”

 

*thunder rumbles loudly*

 

Cath yelps and crouches down covering her ears. She ends up breathing heavily. She was feeling restless when she felt something warm gets drape over her shoulders.

She then feels a pair of warm arms hug her from behind.

 

“It’s okay Cath. I’m right here.” Cath leans back to the warm chest and lets the person hug her reassuringly. “The lighting won’t reach you as long as I’m here and it’s just the thunder making noises. You don’t have to be scared.”

Cath feels him place an ear bud in her ear and sudden sound of calming music plays and warm lips on her cheeks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s okay.”

 

-END-

 


Word Count: 321

inspired by haruhi and hikaru's date in ouran - kaye :3