“Home” (family!SVT)

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 


 

 

Minghao stares at the man who approaches him with a huge smile. Minghao follows him to his car; parked outside and sits at the front.

This man had gentle eyes and an even gentler smile. He was a splurge of gentleness and Minghao finds himself comfortable.

It wasn’t the first time he was left alone with the man; said person has been visiting him at the orphanage for the past month till Minghao was comfortable enough to be close to him eventually leading to an adoption. And now here he was going to his new home with the man whom he’ll consider as his ‘Father’.

They arrived in front of Neat and well-kept House, as his ‘Father’ parks the car at the front garage.

 

 

The two of them got down from the car as Minghao observes the place. The older man smiles at him. “Welcome to your new home Minghao.” He says, gentle voice ringing in Minghao’s ear.

 

 

 

He enters the house warily and continues to observe the place. The older man disappears for a moment before coming back and ushering Minghao to follow him. He did just so.

 

 

 

Minghao was now standing in the living room staring at three kids playing around. The older man calls for their attention.

 

 

 

“Boys~ Gather around here. I’d like you to meet someone.” The man says as the three kids approach him and Minghao, them taking notice of the younger boy’s presence. One of them beams at him.

 

“Papa? Is he our new brother?” The boy asks with a huge grin. He’s face was so round that he sort of looks like a rabbit.

“Yes. I know I’ve told you guys about getting a new younger brother and I hope you make him feel welcome. He is family just as you are family to one another. This is Minghao.” The man tells them.

 

 

One of them approaches Minghao; he was tan in way and seemed like a couple years older than Minghao. “I’m Junhui; the eldest son. You can call me hyung if you want.” He starts. “Welcome to the family.” He gives Minghao a small hug, Minghao stiffens from the contact.

He breaks off the hug. The grinning boy was next to approach him holding a younger boy that approaches him as well. “I’m Soonyoung and you can call me hyung as well.” He introduces. “This is Chan. Our maknae.” He introduces the boy he’s holding on to as well.

 

 

The younger boy goes to Minghao and gives him a hug. Minghao smiled at the sweet gesture. The younger boy was too cute and sweet for words. Minghao ruffles the younger’s hair.

 

 

“Hyung? Can I call you that?” Chan asks. Minghao nods and the younger smiles wider.

“Ming…. Hao-hyung? Hao-hyung~” Chan calls him. Minghao smiles again. “You can call me that.” Minghao tells the younger boy.

 

“Ah! Can I call you by a nickname too?” Soonyoung asks. Minghao nods. “Hmm…. Hao-Hao. I’ll call you that.” Soonyoung says.

 

Minghao cringes at the nickname but Soonyoung’s smile was enough to diminish that.

 

“Hey~ I wanted to call him that too.” Junhui whines. “I’m sure he won’t mind you calling him that either.” Soonyoung reasons.

“Are you okay if I call you Hao-Hao too?” Junhui asks. Minghao nods.

 

Junhui smiles and hug the younger boy again. Chan hugs him as well and Soonyoung joins the hugs fest too.

 

 

 

Minghao has never felt so much loved before. Back in the orphanage, he was friends with the kids but he was too scared to hug them yet here he was letting three strangers hug him. But then he realizes something. They weren’t strangers. They were going to be his family. No. They were his family. He had a family.

After that realization he slowly hugs them back. Their father smiles at the sweet scene.

 

 

Chan took notice of him. “Jisoo Papa wants a hug too!” He shouts.

 

 

The four of them broke from each other and tackles Jisoo with a hug. The older man was caught off guard but he found himself smiling and laughing with his children. In the middle of it Minghao was smiling brightly.

 

He was going to fit in just perfectly in this little family of his. Minghao was happy to finally call someone as family.

 

 


Word Count: 713

Here's a little family special for our precious Performance unit ^^

-Kaye :3