“Of Glances & Smiles” (SVTxOC)

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 

 


 

She felt her heart beating quickly. She couldn’t believe her luck and she thank her lucky stars they decided to play nice. She’s been paired with the boy she’s been in love with for a year now.

Seokmin stares at her and gives her his signature smile. She felt her heart skip a beat and her cheeks starts to grow warm but she shakes the feeling off and tries to be more composed about it.

 

“Are you ready to study?” He asks her. She nods her head and gave a small smile. He smiled back and started to do their work.

 

They were currently at Seokmin’s house, making the project they were paired with. She felt nervous coming over to a guy’s house, more over since it’s His house. She couldn’t really focus with Seokmin so close to her; but she tried.

 

They spend the first couple hours deciding on a topic and how they’re going to present it till they finally made a decision. And off they went to finally start making the project, with her stealing a few glances at Seokmin. She glances once more but was caught off guard when he notices her staring.

 

“Is there something on my face?” He starts. “You’ve been staring for awhile now.” He explains.

 

 

Shoot! He noticed!

 

 

She tries to think up of an excuse but couldn’t do so. “I… Ugh… Mhmm…”

 

She let out a sigh of relief when Seokmin’s stomach’s started to grumble.

 

He chuckles and turns red. “Oh! I guess I’m hungry. We should take a break for now. C’mon! I’ll see what we could eat.”

 

He stands up and she follows him as they walk to the kitchen/dining room.

He searches for anything edible to eat but seem to be having a hard time finding such. Fortunately, there was a pack of ramyun.

 

“You don’t mind ramyun, right?” He tries to make sure.

 

She nods and replies. “I’m good with anything.”

 

Seokmin nods in understanding and starts to boil water, and opens the pack of ramyun.

 

“Let me help you with that.” She offers.

“Nah! I’m good. You’re a guest, you shouldn’t be doing any work.” He declines politely.

“But I don’t like to see you doing all the work while I just sit here and wait.” She mentions.

“Well… You could entertain me as I cook. That way you’ll be doing something and I won’t get bored.” He tells her

“And what exactly could I do to entertain you? You’re like the funniest guy in school. I doubt I could make you laugh at all.” She reasons.

“You could just talk. Tell me something about yourself. We’ve been classmates since freshmen year but I don’t really know much about you. Let’s start with that.” He suggests.

 

 

Her mind went blank. Seokmin was asking about her. What could she possibly reply? Does she start with ‘Hey there my name’s Kim Eun Yeong, 18, residing here in Seoul and is currently holding a huge crush on you and hoping you like me too’ Yeah! That would sound weird.

 

 

“There’s not much to talk about. I’m nothing special.” She says.

“Sure you are. Each person’s unique in their own way. And I’m honestly curious about you.” He replies but he’s focus was on the ramyun he’s making.

 

 

She felt her cheeks flush.

 

 

She tells a little of herself, making sure to keep her crush on him a secret as he continues to cook.

 

A few minutes later they ate the ramyun and having small talk here and there. She thought things would go awkward since she wasn’t much of a speaker but Seokmin made sure she didn’t feel such. Things were going easy. And she wishes it would stay but of course, reality had to in.

 

The two went back to their project and decided to do their homework as well. Seokmin managed to finish his homework first and stretched his arms in satisfaction. Although it looks more like he’s arms were flailing rather than stretching. He lets out a small yawn and tries to brush it off.

 

She saw his tired face and realizes that it’s quite late already.

 

“Why don’t you go rest now? I’ll go once I finish this; it’s just the last two numbers anyway.” She tells him.

“And let you go home all by yourself when it’s this late. No thanks. What if something happens to you?” concern was written all over his face and she felt touch by his words.

“Don’t worry. Nothing will happen to me. I mean look at me.” She tries to make a point.

But apparently he didn’t see the point. “You’re a girl. What kind of a guy would I be if let you walk home alone.” He reasons.

 

She stops and thinks awhile. “How about this then… You rest for awhile and I’ll wake you up once I’m done. No buts! I know you’re tired. It’s quite evident.” She says firmly.

 

Seokmin wanted to say something but he didn’t and just complied, muttering a “You better wake me up.” and falling fast asleep at the living room couch. She smiles.

 

She continues answering until she finally finishes all of it. She steals a glance at him, and felt her heart flutter at his sleeping figure. He was handsome even when he’s sleeping and he looks so peaceful too.

She wonders what it’s like to wake up to see this beautiful face every day. She approaches warily and air traces the shape of his face as she stare at his sleeping figure dreamily. She ends up tracing towards his lips and stops.

 

“I wonder how soft your lips are.” She smiles. Perhaps she’ll confess next time; for now she’s satisfied that he actually took notice of her.

 

She continues to stares but her eyes felt droopy already and she lets out a small yawn. She closes her eyes and slowly drifts off to sleep, an arm on the couch and her head on it.

 

 


 

Word Count: 997

 

Another update with our Sunshine Seokmin :) Just in case you're wondering, my drabbles are in no particular order. I do hope you like them.

-Kaye :3