"Broken Promise" (SVTxYou)

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 


 

 

Lindsay and Minghao were in Minghao’s house doing homework and their project. They were sitting on the floor; books and papers scattered all over on the coffee table and busy focusing on their individual works when someone decides to break hell lose today.

Lindsay was writing down her answers when she senses Minghao staring at her. She turns to face him and was startled by how close he was to her.

 

 

 

“Minghao, what are you planning?” Lindsay asks the male in front of her who was dangerously leaning even closer to her. “Studying. We’re studying after all, right Say?” He replies with a playful smirk, face still close to hers.

 

--

 

-Lindsay’s POV-

 

I leaned my back towards the sofa to avoid this weird tension and focus back on doing homework. I brought the book towards my face and continued to read it ignoring Minghao. I can sense he’s still staring at me but I don’t for how long.

I lowered my book down just to see Minghao’s face so close to mine. He leans even closer and closer until our lips was just a brush away. My eyes widen at the close contact, he smirks then closes the distance between us.

He kisses my lips softly and gently at first, I was still in shock before I came to my senses and kissed him back. He takes the book away from my hand and continues to kiss me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pull him closer towards me.

The kisses start to get rough and suddenly it became a mess of tongue and kisses and pants. I switch our positions so I was sitting on top of his lap, he pulls me closer our kisses getting deeper, I tug on his hair, trying to control myself from doing more. We break away for a moment to catch our breaths before bringing our lips together once more. He suddenly moves to my jaw leaving small kisses there and to then my neck.

 

 

 

*ding dong daeng*

 

 

 

I quickly break the kiss and back away from Minghao who looks like a mess; like he came out of make out session. Well technically he did, do I look the same?

The front door opens and someone enters the living room. We both look up to see Seungcheol. I quickly wiped my face rubbing off the remnants of the kiss, covering my neck, hoping Minghao didn’t leave a mark.

 

 

“Hey, sorry if I’m a bit early but I really need Lindsay to go with me.” Seungcheol speaks up. I felt my heart beating faster and faster, suddenly feeling pressured. “I didn’t disturb your study sesson, did I?” He questions.

“N-No. We just finished. W-We should go now.” I stuttered trying to act normal as possible, collecting my things; my hands shaking from nervousness.

Seungcheol helps me out with my things and carries it for me.

 

“You okay Say? You look shaken up.” He asks in concern. I stared back into his eyes. “I’m fine. Don’t worry about it.”

I brushed him off and he just smiles at me. “If you say so.” He places a hand on my waist and pulls me closer to him and kisses me on the cheek and I could feel my face heat up. “That should calm you down.”

I just nodded my head and he takes my hand and intertwined it with his. He looks back to Minghao with a huge smile. “Thanks for taking care of Lindsay while I was gone. Sorry to cut you’re studying though.”

“It’s fine.” Minghao says nonchalantly.

“Bye Hao, see you tomorrow.” He greets him goodbye.

“Yeah. See ya!” Minghao waves back with a smile.

 

Seungcheol pulls me along but I look back to take a glimpse of Minghao who stares at me sadly. I felt my heart clenched.

 

 

 

 

‘I’m so sorry.’

 

--

Seungcheol brings me to one of our favorite places in the world.

 

 

 

‘The Overview’

 

He and I stared at the gorgeous view of the city below. He smiles brightly as usual but I couldn’t bring myself to share his happiness.

 

“Say.” He calls my name and so I faced him. “I got something for you.” He pulls out a box from his pocket and I felt myself tense up. He opens it and right there was a ring inserted on a silver string. “I know you don’t like to wear rings but I hope you could wear this one, even as a necklace.”

“Cheol, what is this?”

“A promise ring.”

“Promise ring…”

“Yeah. To remind us that we’ll stay together until the future. That our bond can never be broken. To remind me that you’re mine as I am yours. I love you Lindsay, and I’m so glad to have girlfriend like you.” He confesses as he puts on the necklace on me.

 

 

 

 

 

I felt my heart break as he said those words. He’s been planning this for so long, he plans to have his future with me and I… I broke his trust.

I kissed Minghao and I wanted it. I feel guilty for doing it to Seungcheol when he doesn’t deserve someone like me.

I am such an unloyal girlfriend.

He should hate me, not make me feel even guiltier than I already do.

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘I really am sorry.’

 

-END-

 


Word count: 885

on a roll today - kaye :3