"Ohana" (Performance Unit)

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 


 

Junhui disappeared after practice once again and the guys were starting to get fed up by his actions. They grew curious to his whereabouts, so once Soonyoung let out practice early. And just like the past days, Junhui excuses himself and left.

 

Soonyoung knows his hiding something so he deliberately ended practice early.

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay guys, it’s time for Operation Junhui!” Soonyoung speaks once Junhui was gone. The rest of the boys, Chan and Minghao nods in acknowledgement.

 

“We have to find out what’s keeping him busy after practice. He’s been acting weird ever since he came home from the hospital. They must have drugged him or something.” Soonyoung guesses.

 

“Or maybe, he found a new hobby or work. He has been talking about finances from time to time.” Minghao suggest.

 

“Maybe he found new friends. Although I doubt that he’d hide it from us.” Chan adds.

 

“Well whatever the reason we have to find out. So c’mon and hurry up if we want to catch Junhui in the act.” Soonyoung ushers them as he shoves his things in his bag, the two following along.

 

 

 

 

 

Luckily enough they did caught up to Junhui, who was about to cross the road. They kept a distance as to not blow their cover but near enough to see where Jun was heading. They continued to follow him until they arrive at their destination. They stared in surprise aat the building in front of them and then towards each other, giving uncertain looks.

 

They still followed Junhui inside though. As they entered and observe their surroundings, they found themselves forming questions in their heads.

 

They were in the hospital. Junhui walked in to the hospital and then towards a room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Could hyung still be sick?” Chan asks in a worrisome tone.

 

“I don’t think so. He’s literally fine when we’re together. And we all live in the same apartment so we should have notice if he was.” Minghao answers, yet he isn’t so sure of it anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“There’s only one way to find out.” Soonyoung starts as he walks past the two and stood in front of the room Junhui just entered. The two quickly caught up. Soonyoung takes in a deep breath. “Let see what Junhui’s up to.”

 

 

 

 

 

Soonyoung opens the door to the room abruptly causing two pairs of eyes in the room to stare at him and then to the two behind him.

 

Junhui was especially shocked.

 

 

 

 

 

“Guys? What are you doing here?” Junhui asked confused.

 

“Jun-hyung~ We were curious to where you’ve been heading these days. We’ve missed hanging out with you and we thought you replaced us or had a new hobby or started to have a part time job since Hao hyung mentioned you had money problems.” Chan answers honestly. “So we followed you all the way here. And then we thought you were still stick.” He adds.

 

“Followed me?” Junhui repeats. Chan nods.

 

 

 

 

 

His eyes landed on Soonyoung and Minghao who were staring at something, or someone else in the room.

He followed their gaze and looks back at them with a smile.

 

 

 

 

 

“I supposed  you guys should get acquainted.” Junhui says and ushers the three to come closer. They did.

 

Junhui looks back to the woman lying in bed and holds her hand tightly and smiles at her, reassuring her. He then turns back to them.

 

“Soon, Hao, Chan. I’d like you to mee Mrs. Wen, my mother. My birth mother.” Junhui introduces and turns his attention back to her. “Mama. These are Soonyoung, Minghao and Chan. My friends. My… family.”

 

 

 

 

They introduce themselves to her one by one and stayed a little longer as they talk to her. Junhui smiles seeing his friends and mom getting along. It was getting late and the four of them had to go home. They bid goodbye to Junhui’s mother and started walking home.

 

The walk home was quiet and there was an underlying tension  floating around. Junhui breaks the silence first.

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

 

 

 

The three stops walking and looks at him. Junhui’s face was sullen.

 

“What are you apologizing for?” Soonyoung asks, even if he knew where this conversation wa heading.

“I’m sorry for not telling you guys. For hiding it from you guys.” Junhui apologizes once more.

 

“Then why did you?” Minghao asks, he was trying not let his emotions get to him, but his fists were clenched though.

 

“I… I guess I was scared. I was scared that if you guys find out you’d…”

 

“We’d what?”

 

“Hate me. See me as a traitor.” Junhui answers sadly.

 

“We could never hate you hyung.” Chan reassures him.

“A little hurt by the fact that you hid this from us but we’d never hate you Junhui. We’re family. We’d always stick with each other.” Soonyoung adds as well, with a smile.

 

“So you don’t mind that I found my mother?” Jun asks. Soonyoung and Chan shakes their head. “We don’t.” Soonyoung replies. But Minghao kept quiet.

 

Junhui turns to him. “Haohao?”

 

Minghao lets out a sigh. “No. She’s a lovely woman.”

 

“So you’re not mad?”

“Annoyed yes. Mad, a little. I’m only mad cause you hid it from us when you could have told us you know.”

“I know I should have but we made a promise.”

 

“And family always keeps their promises. I know I know. But hyung you finally found your mother. You’re real family and she’s pretty and nice too. And I’ve never seen you much happier.”

 

“I am. I’m really glad to have found her but I didn’t want you guys to think I betrayed you.” Junhui replies.

“Hyung. I know we made a promise between the four us and that means the world to all of us but we won’t force you to stay with us you know.” Minghao finishes.

 

Junhui smiles at that. “I know you won’t but I’m still keeping that promise.”

 

“But what about your mom?” Chan questions.

 

“She’s going to be fine. She’s going to be transferred to a different hospital soon.” He hesitates.  “In China.”

“Then shouldn’t you be going with her?!” Soonyoung exclaims.

“And leave you guys behind? No way!”

“But hyung!” Chan adds. “No buts. I’m staying.” Jun cuts him off.

 

The three went silent. Junhui smiles at them.

 

“I had a talk with her about it. She said she’s going to visit me whenever she can once she gets better and if possible, I might get to visit her too.” Junhui explains.

 

“Isn’t that a little complicated.” Soonyoung mentions.

“Aren’t you going to miss her?” Chan adds as well.

 

“It is. I will. But this is my choice and I’m going to live with it.”

 

“It’s kind of stupid though.” Minghao comments. “You finally found you’re family and you’re going to exchange her for us?”

 

“I’m not leaving my family. I’m staying with them.” “She’s my birth mother sure. And I like spending time with her too but you guys are my family too. We’ve been together since were kids and I would never exchange that for anything else.”

 

He hears Soonyoung sniffle. All eyes turn to him. “I’m not crying because of what Jun said. Something just went to my eye.” They all laugh at him even Soonyoung himself.

 

“But I’m glad you’re staying.” Soonyoung finishes

.

“Me too hyung.” Chan adds once more.

“I supposed I’ll miss you if you did go back to China.” The rest just snickers at Minghao’cheesy words.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I can’t live with myself knowing I’d leave you three behind. My precious family.” Junhui replies.

 

 

 

 

 

All four of them exchange knowing looks and were engulf in a cheesy group hug. And it didn’t matter if people around them looks at them weirdly. They were just happy to be with each other. This was their little family and that’s all that matters.

 

 

 


 

I like replayed Seventeen’s “I’m going to find you” and “Without you” to get the feels right. So a little background, Popo team are all orphans who grew up together and never got adopted, once they were old enough to live alone all four of them decided to live together since they decided to become each other’s family instead.

-Kaye :3