"Oh Brother!" [part 1]

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 


 

 

 

 

“Aren’t you happy to have such siblings? I mean they care for you a lot while look at me. Being an only child feels so lonely.” Your friend, Jaemi says.

“Please. You’re lucky to be an only child. If you live with my siblings you’d just have a migraine.” SooAh replies.

 

 

“Eh? I don’t think so. I always wonder what it’s like to have siblings. What more a brother.” Jaemi replies.

“Alright fine. Having a sibling moreover a brother is fine. But having 9 of them?! Insanity! I have nine brothers that’s not normal.” Sooah complains.

 

 

“But you love them either way.” Jaemi taunts.

 

 

Sooah falls silently. “Do I even have a choice? They’re family.”

 

 

 

Sooah lets out a sigh and drifts off to daydreaming when a honk broke her from her trance. As you can see, Sooah and Jaemi were outside of a café drinking and eating as they watch people pass by.

 

Jaemi nudges Sooah side, and leans over a bit. “You’re older brother’s here. I think it’s time for you to go.”

 

Sooah turns to see Jeonghan at the driver seat, waving at her. Sooah stands up and gives Jaemi a goodbye hug. “I guess I have to go. See you tomorrow!”

 

 

Jaemi waves back and watches as Sooah enters the car, waving at her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile back in the car…

 

 

 

“How was your day?”

“You ain’t father. Why do I have to reply to that?”

“I’m still older and young lady where did your manners go?”

“Sorry. It’s just I was having fun with Jaemi but you have to arrived.”

“Sorry but we have to go. Father’s coming home today.”

“I know….”

 

 

 

Jeonghan noticed the solemn look on his sister’s face and knows exactly what she’s thinking.

 

 

 

“Don’t worry. I’m sure he’s going to stay a little longer this time.”

 

 

Sooah just stares at Jeonghan. She gives him a small smile.

 

 

 

 

“I just hope I won’t get any more surprises this time. If you know what I mean.”

“Oh I do.”

 

 

 

The car ride home was suddenly silent except for the radio station playing but it was a calming silence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The two of you arrived at home and took notice of the familiar car park outside.

 

 

“Guess he’s home already.”

 

 

Sooah just nods.

 

 

 

 

The two of you entered and head straight to the living room just to see Hansol trying to concentrate with a sketchbook on his lap and a pencil on hand.

 

 

 

“We’re home!” Sooah calls and Hansol just gives a wave still staring at his sketchbook.

 

 

 

“Hmm… Must be inspired at the moment if he’s that serious.” Jeonghan states. He approaches the younger male and taps his shoulder to bring his focus on the older.

 

 

“Is father home?”

 

 

Hansol blinks  and then tries to process what Jeonghan just said.

 

 

 

“Oh! Father? I’m not sure. Maybe.”

“His car was park outside.”

“Oh! Then I supposed. I don’t really know.” Hansol shrugs and turns back to his sketchbook.

 

 

Jeonghan just looks at his brother seriously. Hansol couldn’t concentrate and finally gives his attention to the older. That boy sure knows how to intimidate someone.

 

 

 

“What?”

“Sol…”

“Look hyung. I don’t really want to talk about father right now.”

 

 

 

The older took notice of the change of expression on the younger male. But before he could say anything Sooah beats him to it.

 

 

 

“Is something the matter?”

 

 

Hansol turns to his older sister and feels calm. She always had that effect on her brothers.

Hansol lets out a sigh and speaks up.

 

 

“I came home just as usual when I heard a car park outside expecting either you or the others but I was surprised to see father home.”

“So he is home.” Jeonghan interjects.

 

“Yeah. I thought he would arrive tonight, guess his flight got early. Anyway… I didn’t take notice of it first and just leave it be. Someone enters the house and I heard giggles and flirting and so on. And since Wonwoo-hyung’s a huge flirt and brings various girls home I thought it was him. Turns out it wasn’t.”

 

 

 

“Was it father?” Sooah asks.

 

Hansol nods.

 

“I see. He brought home another woman this time.” Sooah’s expression turns solemn again.

“Seems like it. She wasn’t the girl from last year.” Hansol replies.

“Anyway. Can we just stop talking about it? I’m trying to concentrate right now and I don’t want any STUPID DISTRACTIONS.” Hansol dismisses.

 

 

 

The two left Hansol to himself knowing how sensitive the boy can get if he doesn’t get to do his work.

 

 

 

“Sooah? Are you okay?” Jeonghan asks in concern.

“I’m fine Oppa. It’s not like it’s the first or 2nd time he’s done this.”

 

 

Although she said that, it was pretty evident on her face how bothered she was.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Their FATHER was a Flirt well a Playboy, a Casanova, whatever you call it. And they all came to be due to Father’s many women.

 

 

And as the eldest son, he feels bad that he can’t do anything about it, especially when his siblings react like this. He despises his father’s for being a flirt but he’s father was good man and cared for them equally so he really can’t say much.

 

 

 


Word Count: 862

This idea appeared while i was checking my results in a click and drag game. i was actually planning on turning this into a fic but i end up realizing i have a lot of unfinished/pending fics that needs to be finished so lets just stick to having it as a drabble. unless you guys want it to be a full on fic.

-kaye :3