“A Shoulder for You” (bro!SVT)

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 

 


 

 

Chan recently became a University freshman and he suddenly felt out of place. He was always so confident but suddenly he didn’t have the courage anymore.

 

He feels out of breath and weary but he continues to watch anyway; eyes focus on the people in front of him. They’re performance…. It was so clean and dazzling. They’re moves were sharp and swift, he just couldn’t keep his eyes off them.

 

It’s Freshmen Orientation, the University Performance Team were giving a presentation. Chan wanted to be part of that team ever since he’s heard of them. He really wanted to be part of that team but as he watches their performance, something clicks in his mind. These people…. They were known nationally. They were the best Dance team all over Korea. He suddenly felt a rush of fear overcome him. They were professionals. He suddenly felt that all the times he does dancing was nothing compared to the performance they were giving. He felt wary of his skills. He felt lacking. He felt… as if all confidence he had has been thrown out of the window, like a dream that was starting to rise but quickly fell apart. He was feeling useless. Worthless. He was nothing compared to them. They were the best of the best whereas he… he was just Chan. A boy who loves to dance but he felt that wasn’t worth enough to be part of such successful team.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jeonghan sneaks in to the Orienation and notices the sullen face of his younger brother. Chan was always so cheerful and confident, but right now he looks like he just lost meaning to life. And as his older brother, Jeonghan couldn’t just watch and do nothing about it. Chan seems so lost and he doesn’t like it one bit.

 

After Freshmen Orientation, Jeonghan approaches Chan. They went to the same University, Jeonghan being two years older and was taking up Psychology while Chan was taking up Music, Major in Dance. The younger notices the elder’s presence and acknowledges it with a nod and was ready to go his way, but the elder was quick on the uptake and pulls the younger towards him.

 

 

“What’s wrong? You look as if something just died.”

 

 

 

“Something did die. My dream died.” Chan replies sadly.

“What do you mean by that?” Jeonghan tries to make Chan elaborate.

“I’m a worthless, useless person. I was so confident that I am a great dancer but…. I’m not. I’m far from that. I’m not even close to that.” Chan sighs.

“Why the sudden change of thought?” Jeonghan asks.

“The University’s Performance team. They’re the best of the best. I thought I could be part of that but I’m not even a tiny inch close to their level.” Chan replies.

“I don’t believe you. You are one of the best dancers I know I’m sure you could be part of that team.” Jeonghan tries to encourage him.

“There’s nothing you or I can do. I’m a worthless person. I lack skills. I am nothing. Nothing but an embarrassment.” Chan sighs again.

“No you’re not. And don’t you ever think you’re worthless. You are the greatest and coolest dancer I know. And I’m not just saying that coz I’m your brother. I mean…. C’mon! You choreograph dances and perform with sharp yet graceful moves. If that doesn’t scream SKILLS, I don’t know what can. Stop doubting yourself.”

Chans gives a small smile, still doubting. “Thanks hyung. That makes me feel a bit better. But I still don’t think I got what it takes to be part of the University’s Performance team.”

Jeonghan slaps Chan’s back a bit harshly which startled the younger. “You can do it! I believe…. No wait…. I know you can! You are not a quitter. The Yoons are not quitters and are confident people…. They also have each other back.”

Chan smiles at Jeonghan, a genuine one. “Okay. I’ll do it! I am skillful! I am confident! I am Yoon Chan and I am a performer!!!  I’m going to be part of the Performance Team, just you wait and see and everyone will know me for my skills.” Chan says confidently.

“That’s the Chan I know!” Jeonghan smiles admiringly at his younger brother.

 

 

 

 

 

Chan practices his audition piece and a week later….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung! I did it! I made it! I’m part of the  Performance Team!!!” Chan cheerfully says. Jeonghan just smiles at the younger. “Good job! I knew you could it. I’ve always did.”

 

Chan hugs him and the older was to say startled. “Thanks hyung. Really…. Thank you so much. I’m lucky to have you as my brother.” Jeonghan felt himself smiling from the younger’s words. He ruffles Chan’s hair and Chan broke the hug, still smiling at him though.

 

“I have to go. Practice starts today.” Chan informs the elder.

“Do be careful now. Don’t let it get to your head much.” Jeonghan reminds the younger.

 

 

Chan just smiles. “I won’t.”

 

 

Jeonghan chuckles.

 

 


Word Count: 831

 

I just love Jeonghan and Dino, as mother and son or as brothers, they're just so adorable.

Don't loose confidence just because someone is better than you, Remember your biggest competitor is YOURSELF! Be better than yourself, be confident!

-Kaye :3