"Can You Smile?" *CHAN SPECIAL*

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 


 

Chan felt a bit down that day. It was his birthday and no one seems to have remembered it. Not even his best friend (You).

 

 

Chan decides to act like it’s another ordinary day to keep his mind off of things but he still felt a tad bit lonely.

 

You took notice of Chan’s depressing aura and took it to yourself to cheer him up.

 

 

 

“Channie-ah~” You called after him after your last class ended, but he didn’t seem to hear it as he continues to walk.

 

 

 

You ran trying to catch up with him until you were side by side.

 

 

 

“Channie~” You called once again, breaking him from his trance as he looks at you.

“Oh! Nani its you.” He replies and it was pretty evident in his voice that he was feeling down.

“What’s the matter? You look so down.” You suddenly felt worried for him.

“Oh nothing. Nothing really.” He brushes it off.

“Are you sure? You don’t look too good. Perhaps are you sick?” You ask as you placed a hand on his forehead to try and feel his temperature.

 

 

Chan looks at you with sad eyes.

 

 

“I guess you forgot.” He starts.

You took your hand away and stare back at him. “Forgot what?”

“Nothing important. I best be on my way now.” He tells you off and quickly walks past you.

 

 

 

You didn’t want him to leave yet. You didn’t want to see your best friend all gloomy so you ran up to him once again and pulled him somewhere.

 

 

 

“Where are you taking me?” Chan asks.

“To a place that will make you smile again.” You simply replied.

“I don’t think anything’s going to make me happy today.”

“I beg to differ.”

 

 

 

Chan didn’t want to go anywhere. He just wanted to go home and lay down on his bed and sleep. It’s just another ordinary day after all. It’s not like it’s a very special day, like his birthday. You were determined to bring him along, so he lets you drag him. He always does.

 

 

Chan kept quiet the whole walk until you arrived at the destination.

 

“We’re here.” You mention.

 

 

 

Chan looks up and his face scrunches in confusion.

 

 

 

“Why are we at my house?” Chan asks.

 

 

You didn’t reply and just smiles at him. You opened up the front door and push Chan in.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“SURPRISE!!!”

 

 

 

Chan was startled by the presence of his friends at his house as they were all surrounded in the living room.

 

 

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHAN!!!”

 

 

 

Chan eyes turn wide as he realizes what was happening. He turns to stare at his best friend who was giving him a cheeky smile.

 

 

 

“You didn’t think we’d forget, did you?” You smiled teasingly.

Chan smiles back. “Did you do all this?”

 

 

“Well… I had some hel—”

 

 

“Thank you.” Chan tells you as he gives you a hug. “I’m really lucky to have you.”

“Nah. I’m much luckier to have you. Now enough with this mushiness, I want to eat cake.” Chan breaks the hug and laughs at your silliness.

 

 

“Happy birthday Channie~”

 


Word Count: 513

very very very late upload, but this was supposed to be my bday gift to CHAN, anyway enjoy the drabble.

-Kaye :3