“Gone Wrong” (Ship)

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 


 

 

Jihoon was rolling around the bed thinking about what his friends told him.

 

 

“You’re lucky to have Mingyu.”

 

 

“Wow! He cooks, he cleans and his handsome. You got the full package. You’re so lucky Hoon.”

 

 

“I can’t believe he picks you up and does household chores too.”

 

 

“He’s like the coolest boyfriend ever. I wish I had one like Mingyu.”

 

 

“Mingyu really takes good care of you that you basically don’t have to do anything anymore.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jihoon stops rolling and screams on his pillow. Mingyu…. For the three months they have been dating, Jihoon realizes he hasn’t actually done anything for Mingyu. The younger always does everything for him. The cooking, the cleaning, paying for dates even picking him up and sending him somewhere, Mingyu does everything for him. He suddenly feels like he’s been using him and has no actual purpose in the relationship.

 

 

Jihoon gets up from his bed and decides to check the net for anything that can help his situation. As he searches he falls upon the idea of cooking. He wasn’t a good cook but he could try.

Then something clicks in his mind. Mingyu doesn’t bake much perhaps he could make him a cake. That’s a start!

 

 

Jihoon then starts searching for the easiest cake to make that’s within his budget. He starts shopping for the ingredients immediately. He was pumped up. For the first time that day, he felt he had purpose. He was going to surprise Mingyu with a homemade cake when he gets home from Culinary School.

 

 

He starts laying down the ingredients and the instructions on how to make cake. Jihoon thought baking was a piece of cake but boy was he wrong.

 

 

Everything…. Everything was going wrong.

 

 

He either made the cake too dry, too moist, too soft, too dull, too thin, too thick. There were so many problems with it; Jihoon felt like crying. The whole kitchen was a mess, batter and flour and eggs were everywhere. There were burned cakes, uncooked cakes and just the whole place looks like a food fight just happened.

Jihoon wasn’t excluded either. He had icing and flour and batter on his face, hair and clothes. He was just as messy as the kitchen and he was running out of ingredients too.

 

 

“Wrong again! Everything’s a mess! I failed.” Jihoon complains, feeling disheartened with the situation.

 

 

 

 

Ding

 

 

 

 

The oven sounded, making Jihoon check it. He takes out what supposed to be a cake or what’s left of it. It won’t even do as a cupcake. But somehow…. It seemed right this time but he was more focus on the mess surrounding it. Just then the front door opens indicating Mingyu was home.

 

 

 

Jihoon panicks. The place was a mess. He was a mess! What is he supposed to do now? Mingyu’s going to see all the mess and he’ll break up with him. Jihoon felt like crying again.

 

 

 

 

 

“Jihoon?” Mingyu calls, footsteps nearing the kitchen. Jihoon tries to hide but it was too late Mingyu appears at the kitchen, eyes wide and Jihoon was like a deer-caught-in-the-headlights.

 

 

 

“What happened here? And why are you a mess?” Mingyu asks as he enters the messy kitchen slowly. He notices the failed cakes on the kitchen counter and the table then a small one on Jihoon’s hand.

Jihoon follows his gaze and realizes he was staring at the plate he was holding, he quickly hides it. Mingyu approaches the shorter with a huge grin.

 

 

 

“Were you trying to bake a cake?” He asks, still grinning.

Jihoon looks down, too embarrassed to face Mingyu. Mingyu made the shorter boy look up to face him, a hand on the shorter’s chin. “Were you trying to make cake for me?” Mingyu asks. Jihoon nods.

 

“I’m sorry. I know the place is a mess and I even failed to bake one decent cake. If you’re going to leave me then it’s fine.” Jihoon cries. Mingyu grins even wider, the older boy was confused.

“Why would I ever leave you? And why are you saying sorry for? You didn’t even do anything wrong.” Mingyu says.

“But I made a mess. I can’t cook. I can’t even help you out with household chores coz of my job and and—” Jihoon was caught off guard when Mingyu hugs him.

“Thank you. I know you’re busy and tired all the time that’s why I try to do everything for you instead. You didn’t need to do all this but you did. You tried to make a cake for me, the gesture is enough for me. I’m really lucky to have you in my life Hoon.” Mingyu confesses. Jihoon’s tears finally spilled.

“You’re not mad?” Jihoon muffled. “No. I could never get mad at you.” Mingyu replies.

 

 

Mingyu breaks the hug and stares at the tear-stained boy; he slowly wipes those tears away. “You don’t have to cry. I love you just as you are. It doesn’t matter if you can’t cook for me or clean for me. Just staying by my side and cheering me on is enough for me. I love you Jihoon.” Mingyu says as he stares into Jihoon’s eyes.

“I love you too, you tall pine tree!” Jihoon replies. They both smiled at each other.

 

 

 

Safe to say, they opted for takeout and just watch a movie in their bedroom as they snuggled.

 

 


Word Count: 894

I'm not really a fan of this ship but I tried my best, hope you guys like it.

-Kaye :3