"Expectations"

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 

 


 

 

One evening, Seventeen’s Maknae Line were talking amongst themselves.

 

 

“I’m tired of being treated like a child. I mean I’m old enough to make my own decisions.” Chan whines.

“Exactly. I like being one of the youngest and all but sometimes the hyungs just don’t listen when I have suggestions at times. It’s quite disheartening.” Hansol adds.

“I know right. I like getting and giving attention but sometimes I think none of the hyungs take me seriously anymore. I can be serious too.” Seungkwan adds as well.

“Everything was easier back when we were children.” Chan mentions.

“It was nice being a little kid. We get to play around all day and everyone always ends up looking after us.” Seungkwan says, suddenly reminiscing.

“If we were babies they’d give all attention to us and would heed to our commands.” Hansol adds along.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I wish I was a kid again.” The three said in unison.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning….

 

Seungcheol wakes up feeling something odd in the air.

 

 

 

“Do you think he’ll get mad if we draw on his face?” A child’s voice mentions.

“Don’t know.” Another kid replies.

 

 

 

 

That’s a child’s voice? Was there a child in the house?

 

 

 

 

Seungcheol opens his eyes to see two little kids staring at him, one of them holding a marker. Seungcheol was startled, no shock. Why were there children in the dorm? And why do these two seem familiar? But before he could even answer his question, he heard a faint scream coming from one of the rooms.

The three of them turns to stare at the source of the sound.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the other hand, in the Performance Unit’s Room:

 

 

Junhui’s was cradling the crying baby while Soonyoung was in panic mode. Minghao just wants to know what’s happening.

 

 

 

“Shh…. Hush little one.” Junhui coos to the baby. Soonyoung was still panicking.

“Why is there a baby in the house? And why does he look oddly like Chan?” Minghao asks.

 

 

 

By now the rest of the member barges in to their room after hearing Soonyoung’s wail; only to be caught off guard with the scene in front of them.

 

 

 

“Why is Junhui holding a baby? And where in the world is Chan?” Jeonghan asks, trying to be rational but is slowly losing it.

“I think the baby is Chan, hyung.” Seokmin mentions.

“You’re right. The baby is Chan. He somehow turned into a baby and we don’t know how it happened or why it happened.” Junhui replies still cradling the now one year old Chan.

 

 

“Think. Does anybody know how this is possible?” Jihoon questions.

“I haven’t read anything about adults turning into babies.” Wonwoo mentions.

“Maybe something on the internet might help.” Mingyu suggests.

 

“Wait… Where’s Seungcheol? He might need to see this.” Joshua asks.

“I’ll go get him.” Jeonghan replies and leaves the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back with Seungcheol and the two children:

 

 

 

“So are you saying that you and Hansol suddenly became children when you woke up?” Seungcheol asks.

Seungkwan nods, Hansol follows along. “Yep! We both towned twee. Is’t cool? Uhm… Do you have colowing books?” Seungkwan asks, head tilting to the side. Seungcheol stares dumbfounded at the two.

 

 

“What in the world is happening here? I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.” Seungcheol questions himself.

 

 

“Wha-What that mean?” Hansol asks in broken Korean.

“Ugh….” Seungkwan didn’t how to reply coz he doesn’t know what Seungcheol meant either.

 

 

 

Just then Jeonghan walks in to the room. “Cheol. Big news! There’s something you need to se—” He wasn’t able to finish his sentence after seeing what he thinks he’s seeing. He blinks trying to make sure.

 

 

 

“Oh! It’s Cheonsa-hyung. Cheonsa-hyung! Cheonsa-hyung!” Seungkwan cheers.

“Ch-Cheon-sa? What’s that?” Hansol asks.

“Mhmm…” Seungkwan tries to explain by making hand gestures about a person having wings.

“Fairy? Andwae? Oh! Angel?” Hansol says in English and repeats the actions.

Seungkwan nods. “E-Enjel.” He pronounces.

 

 

 

 

Jeonghan was gaping at them. Seungcheol approaches the latter. “Surprising right?”

 

Jeonghan broke from his trance. “Not them too.” Seungcheol stares at him confused.

 

 

 

 

“Come with me. You need to see something.” Jeonghan mentions and urges Seungcheol to follow him. Seungkwan and Hansol tags along clinging to each side of Seungcheol’s leg.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The four of them goes out of the room and follows the source of noise. Seungcheol tries to see what the ruckus was about but was caught off with the scene. “Is that—”

 

 

 

 

“Channie!!!” Seungkwan yells running towards the one year old who was currently sitting on Mingyu’s lap at the couch. The rest of the members turn wide eyed seeing little Seungkwan, but the toddler was too preoccupied.

 

 

 

“Channie~ Channie~ Wanna play? Owh maybe cola with me owh…. Ugh… Owh Maybe watch te-tele… Ugh… Ah! Big box! Big box with Pororo. Pororo!!!” Seungkwan tells Chan. The one year old stares at the older smiling.

“Poyoyo!” Chan says clapping his hands. The two of them then starts humming Pororo’s theme song all though you can’t understand most of what they’re saying.

 

 

 

“Wha-What in the world is happening here?” Soonyoung asks even more in shock.

“Why is Seungkwan a toddler?” Seokmin asks, staring at the two oblivious children.

 

 

They turned to the leader who was left gaping when small hands tug on his pants. He looks down to the little boy beside him, almost forgetting he was there.

“Hyung? I’m hungry. Eat! Food!” Hansol says in English.

“Ha-Hangry? Food?” Seungcheol repeats. Hansol nods slowly, eyes gleaming.

 

 

 

“Hansol’s a kid as well.” Jihoon mentions. Hansol turns him and smiles.

 

 

 

“What is happening?” Junhui asks.

“And how do we turn them back to their old selves?” Wonwoo adds.

 

 

“How did the three youngest members even turned into babies?” Joshua asks, all of them were left in shock and wonder; as they watch their three maknaes who were now children.

 

 

 


Word Count: 969

 

This was inspired by one of my tumblr reactions (The Baby Dino series) and I just love the thought of Baby Seventeen :)

-Kaye :3