"Melody" (SVTxYou)

365 Days of Seventeen

 

 


 

 

Joshua lets out a satisfied smile as he stares at the paper in his hand. Finally! His composition is finished and he plans to play it for you tomorrow, hoping you’ll like it.

 

 

 

 

 

The next day came quickly and Joshua waits for you outside your classroom, carrying his guitar case. You finally came out and were surprised to see Joshua standing by.

 

 

“Oh Josh! What are you doing here?” You asked.

“Ugh… Uhm…. Do you think you can spare some time for me today?” Joshua asks shyly.

“Sure.”

“Really? I mean, is right about now, okay with you?” He asks.

 

 

You nod to say yes.

 

 

 

 

Joshua grins and does a mini fist pump. He tells you to follow him and so you did until both of you arrived at one of the empty Music Rooms in the building.

 

He tells you to sit down as he pulls a chair over and pulls another for his self.

 

 

“Remember when I said that I was planning on composing a song….” You pay attention to him. “I actually managed to finish it yesterday.” He tells you.

“Oh my gosh! Really Josh?” He nods. “Wait…. Are you…. Actually going to play it for me?” You ask trying to be sure.

“Yeah. You’re actually the first one who gets to hear it.” He answers.

“Woah! Really? I guess I should feel honored then.” You chuckled.

 

 

He stares at you smile not wavering. You felt kind of shy from his gaze. He takes a breath and starts to tune his guitar and finally starts strumming until a sweet melodic tune comes out of it. He starts singing, and you close your eyes listening intently to his sweet voice.

You felt yourself getting lost in his voice and the lyrics of the song. You broke from your trance once he finished playing.

 

 

 

He looks at you expectantly. “What did you think?”

 

You smiled at him. “It such a sweet song. The lyrics…. They seem to be telling a story. As if…. It was a confession.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It is.”

 

 

 

You stared at him startled by his reply.

 

 

 

“Wha-What?”

 

“The song; It’s my confession to you. I like you.” Joshua says as he looks at you intently.

 

 

 

Your face heats up from his words. “You-You like me?”

 

He nods.

 

 

 

“It’s been quite some time since I did.” He replies.

 

 

 

Then it occurred to you, the lyrics…. They somehow reminded you of your first meeting with Joshua and the days you spent with each other.

 

 

 

“Why did it take me time to realize that?” You said your thoughts aloud.

 

 

You look back at Joshua who was staring at you shyly, patiently waiting for your answer.

 

You smiled. “I can’t believe it took a song for me to realize that I like you too.” You chuckled.

 

 

 

 

But Joshua’s smile widen. “Really?”

 

You nod.

 

 


Word Count: 471

 

My Vocal unit bias needs some love. Joshua-oppa needs some love coz he's just so sweet. I wish someone could dedicate a song for me.

And is it weird that I was thinking of Pristin's Nayoung while writing this. She's legit the image I had in mind.

-Kaye :3