I'll sleep in the car.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for the short chapter but I just had to update, lol.

 

         The ride that was suppose to take more than 5 hours was cut short to 3 when the two luxurious black cars arrived at the kids grandparents house . The two cars that roamed the empty streets filled with weird silence as joon drives jaes car while jae sat in the back holding hyeon tightly as he can .   .  Her body that was shaking against his , her small cries that escaped from his tight grip .   .  It was beyond bearable for jae to just to sit there and hold her while she bawls her eyes out like that . 

 

 

    Forget jae , it was to much to handle even for joon who was supposed to be focused on the driving . 

 

  No matter how many time jae whispered it was gonna be ok hyeon hasn't for a second even taken a breath as she cried the whole way through .   .   .   If anyone had  doubted whether she really loved the kids or not could rest their debt now as it looks like someone of her siblings died. 

 

  Joon looking back through the rearview mirror is trying hard to hold in his tears while his brain wanders off why he was getting this emotional while his boss, the man supposedly head over heels for hyeon , doesn't even have a single look of sadness on his face . Jae bove all of them has stayed calm while holding hyeon as the rest figured out everything and decided on who was driving who and where. 

 

     “ .   .   .  step on it “ was the only thing jae worded out as joon jumped in to drive his car .   .   Both his arms around hyun's small figure that as a baby stuck to his shoulder jae hs stayed calm .  Eyes focused out into the window by his side.  

Her shaking shoulders .   .  The small  crys that escape her lips or her irregular breathing .   .  None of it seemed to have had any effect on him as he stayed eyes focused on the road. His right hand gently brushing her back he has one or twice whispered it was gonna be ok but that was it .  Leaving joon baffled jae has stayed extremely calm . 

 

   Just like the car leading the way the one following behind was dead quiet too. Sungi taking the wheel lay st next to him while mrs kim was in the back .   .   . Not even the ever joking sungi had anything to say . All in their own little heads needed some quiet time to make sense of what was going on and what was most likely coming. Having lost both her parents at an early age who better than hyeon could understand what the kids will be going through.

 

And just like most thought hyeon didnt even waste a second jumping out the car or jae’s grip once the car came to a stop.    .    .  The rest slowly getting out have been lead to the living room to greet the morning family.

 

   “ .   .   .  Was she really sick “ sungi has asked leaning to lay who sat next to him as he glanced at the picture of the mom . 

 

   “ .   .  Yeah”lay has replied , he just like jae has stayed out eyes focused anyone who's walking around to find hyeon who has disappeared after they arrived.

 

   “ .   .   .  Thank you for visiting “ the kids aunt has given a small bow as she placed some of the fruits and drinks on the table they all sat around . 

 

  “ .  .   .  The funeral had finished so we don't have that much to offer “ she gave them a small smile as she placed the last plates of cut out apples on the table and not to seem rude all took a piece but not even one took a bite, they were all still in shock.  

 

   “ .   .   . Do you know where hyeon is ?” jae unable to take it anymore has asked with a small smile . His calm state has disappeared once hyeon ran out of his grip .  . Now sitting on the floor his hands didn't waste a second to start shaking when his anxiety started lurking in.

 

    “ .   .   . She is with the kids , in the patio” the aunt pointing to the hallway replied to jae’s question and leaving her bewildered jae had jumped up before she even finished her reply and headed to the direction her fingers pointed at. 

 

  “ .  .  .  I hope your family will pull through “ mrs kim being the one fully aware on how to deal with these kind of situations started talking to the aunt as sungi started busying his hands with the drinks. Lay just like joon sat there frozen all his thoughts had left along with his brother that had walked away. 

 

  “ .     .     .  Am sorry .  . Am so sorry “ were the only things jae heard as he got close to the glass door of the patio. There was no mistaking hyeon’s voice that was pleading to the little girl she was tightly holding. May be it's the hormones or the motherly feeling that hyeon has been developing since being pregnant but hyeona crus and action seems more like a mother than someone who was just in charge of raising the kids. 

 

   “ .   .   .  Am sorry that it took me this long , huh “hyeon went on brushing eunb's hair back as she tries to get a good glimpse of the little girl's eyes . 

 

 How can she be this late ? .   .  How can she let this happen ? Hyeon was to harsh on herself as she blamed it all on herself. Her heart was to quick to bleed out by the notion that she had even for a couple of days left the kids alone .  . How could she have forgotten about them this much  

 

     “ .   .   .  Am sorry eunbi.   .  . You know how much i love you , right” hyeon again wrapped her arms around the little girl who hast said even a word.   . She just went on playing with her doll as hyeon went on apologising .

 

     Jae , knowing the two need some moment didn't bother to even open the door but rather walked back into the room his people were seated at. He knew it might be better to avoid hyeon for a good couple of minutes .   .   . Seeing her like this was something his heart can't handle. 

 

   “ .   .   .  They said the kids haven't said anything at all “joon whispered everything he heard from the aunt as jae started seating down.

 

    “ .   .    .  They are not eating well either “ he added ah ding jae one of the water bottles sungi was sent to bring from the car. 

 

 

   “ .   .    .  Huh “ jae brushing his messy hair back just sighed as he glanced back at the glass door . All were sure hyeon would be blaming herself by now . She had always been too quick to blame herself for others misfortune.

 

   “ .   .   .  She said she called hyeon because the family is starting to fight over who will raise the kids “ mrs kim was more discreta as she leaned towards jaes ears and whispered the secret the aunt told her pulling her to the side. 

 

   “ .   .   .  she gonna die if they take the kids away “joon replied loudly .  .  His ear had always been big enough to catch any whisper and hearing his words even lay had dropped the piece  of apple he had picked to munch on. 

 

  “ .  .  Can you keep your voice low”mrs kim's right hand landed on joons back as all glared around the room to make sure nobody heard them.

 

   “ .   .    .  Am not joking . She was crying the whole three hours here , tell them “joon as though he didn't hear mrs kim's warning went on glancing at jae, who with his hand still in his hair has kept his eyes at the back of hyeon he can clearly make out past the glass door. 

 

      “ .   .    .  Even jae couldn't calm her down “joon added before getting his on his shoulders again .   .   . All slowly had focused their eyes on the man they had thought might be able to calm hyeon’s pain down .  His longing eyes staring at the distant spoke volumes as he just sat there silently before jumping up and heading out the room. 

 

  “ .   .  . Ya , jae “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter