He doesn't know.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

 

   “ .   .   .   Hello .   .   “ hyeon picked her phone that was screaming , placed it between her ear and shoulder as she goes on folding the washed cloth she brought up from the cleaners down the street .

 

 

 

      “ .   .   .  Hey .  “ she put the shirt down on the bed and stood up when she heard the voice on the other side . It's a voice she hasn't heard in a  long time.

 

 “ .   .   .  Am the only one that reaches our arent i .  “ lay went on talking. As hyeon just stood there listening. One person who she hasn't told , lay. Once again she has completely forgotten about the man who she has always been beside her . The one who started it all.

 

  “ .      .   . Can we meet cus i wanna talk to you “ he sounds like he's smiling . His voice sounds upbeat hyeon assumed sighing in relief that his brother hasn't told him about her secret and that he has called to yell at her for not telling him.

 

   “ .   .    .  Did you find a job yet ? Am sure you did already “ he asked not paying attention that hyeon still hasn't said anything beside hello.

 

 “ .   .  Hyeon

 

“ .    .    .  Hyeon are you there ?”  

 

“ .   .    .  Yeah .  “ she finally replied . She needs to tell him . She needs to tell him before he hears it from somebody else.

 

  “ .   .    .  I’ll meet you by the cafe in front of the office in about an hour “ she suggested the place . A bit surprised that she would pick the cafe right in front of his office lay agreed and hanged up . Even Though she hasn't been on pins and needles to see jae , if he happened to pass by while she is at the cafe and she got a glimpse of him that would be counted as a coincidence .   .   .  Hyeon arguing with herself about how she is not actually trying to see jae went on walking to the bathroom . A quick shower .  . Change cloth then out the house.

 

    In about  an hour exactly she walked into the cafe .   .  Lay sitting by the corner was easy to spot .

 

  “ .    .    .  Hi .  “ she gave him a small smile as she finished her walk to the table and sat down.

 

  “ .    .    .  Hello .   “

 

a bit taken aback by how beautiful hyeon looks lay took a couple of seconds to catch his breath and greta her back . Her short hair .   .  Her flawless face .  Her physique .      She looks beautiful . Has he missed her this much because there is no way she would look this good .  He has seen her before she quite that zombi face has turned into a glowing breathtaking one .

 

   “ .   .   .  How are you ?” smiling hyeon asked as she took her coat off and placed it on the seat next to her .  Noticing lays eyes just glare at her she just smiled back .

 

 “ .   .    .  What “ she asked sending her hand to fix her hair. She knwos it must have shocked him to see her with this short of a hair .

 

  “ .    .     .  You

 

“ .      .     .   you   look   .   .  “

lay still a bit dazed couldn't pick an adjective to describe how pretty she looks. After he has discovered her relationship with his brother he has saved all his compliments and sat there just being mesmerized by her as she goes on smiling and giggling with his brother . But even now .  It feels a bit wrong to be gawking at her like this.

 

  “ .   .   .   I look like a boy  “ still smiling hyeon went on brushing her hair .

 

“ .    .    .   Did hyong had something to do with it ?” lay finally taking his eyes away from hyeon asked . It might be best if he doesn't  look at her for long . She is his brother’s case closed.

 

  “ .    .    .   i thought a women hair was very valuable and precious “ he added taking a  sip of his capricho he has ordered before she got here.  

 

   “ .   .   .  Well mine wasn't that precious to begin with so “

 

“ .   .    .   Who cares if i look like a boy or not” she replied finally bringing her hand down from her hair .

 

 

 

 

  “ .    .    .  It looks good” he took another sip . His silent stare startling hyeon than his words she just stared back for a second or two.

 

  “ .   .    .  It makes you look fierce and bold “ he complimented keeping his eyes to the table . Choosing those words rather than   y and amazing. Her hair that use to fall right next to her checks all gone it's clear to see her amazing face clearly no w each feature sticking out now she looks just as ferus and as bold as she is.

 

   “ .   .    .  Thank you “ hyeon graciously accepted.

 

“ .   .   .  So hows work  ?” she asked trying to change the subject .

  

“ .   .    .  As always .  Meeting this meeting that “  

 

“ .   .   .  You're not there to help out either so even more boring and tiring “

 

“ .   .  .  Whats with your friend she keeps glaring at me with this i'm gonna kill you eyes everytime i pass her desk “  right after hyeon has quited jessica has been giving deadly looks to her quite boss who seems to be scared of her to even say anything rather than any boss who would have fired her by now .

 

  “ .    .   .  Haha , what did you do to her ?” hyeon asked laughing .

 

  “ .    .    .   I didn't do anything “ lay protested .

 

 “ .    .    .  am sure she still blaming me for you “ he picked his cup up .

 

“ .    .    .  She knows you don't have that much power to bring me back when am fired by the ceo “ hyeons smiles seem to be never ending today.

 

   “ .    .     .  You don't have to worry about me am doing well “ she added when she noticed the worry look in his eyes.

 

 “ .   .   .  I know “

 

“     .     .  I can see it .   “ he smiled back. She hasn't looked this good since he has known her.

 

  “ .   .    .   Can i get you something.  “ the waiters giving hyeon a small bow asked.

 

  “ .   .  .  Just plane .   .  “ lay interrupted before she finished her order.

  

  “ .   .   .  Let's go for lunch,  your friend just said am free “ he jumped up picking her coat.

 

  “ .   .   . Wait .   .  Lay “ hyeon giving the waitress a bow started following behind the man that placed the 100 $ bill on the table and started walking away .

 

   “ .   .   .  Wait

“ .    .   .  Lay  .    .  “hyeon followed behind getting a bit anxious that she has to walk across the street to that cursed building .  

 

    “ .   .    .  Dont worry you won't see any of them. They are not here “ lay went on walking. Now excited to have a couple hours to spend with hyeon.

 

    “ .   .    .  I wasn't

 

“ .   .   .  I wasn't worried about them “ she followed behind.

 

 “ .   .   .  Japanese .  . American .  .  European .   .  Or korean. Pick “ he glanced back as he pulled his keys out of his pocket and headed to the few parked cars by the road.

 

  “ .   .   .   There is this amazing restaurant by the other side of town you're gonna love it  “ he went on talking as he fastened his belt and started pulling out of the curb .

 

  “ .   .  .  Whatever is fine “ she put her belt on .

 

 

“ .   .   .  Let's go there then “  he lenaed forward and started putting the address to the gps.  The excitement on his face is just too much for hyeon to take as she stares smiling . She really has forgotten everything about him . She remembers now how excited he gets by the little things. He must have been locked away in his office not even having a  proper meal with anybody to be this jumpy to have a meal with hyeon.

 

    “ .    .     .  You know i have a friend that works at some law firm if you want a job “ he glanced her way .

 

   “ .    .    .  Thank you but i think i would just stick to ngo or charity organization for now “ she replied as she leans and turns the heater on . She has become really sensitive to even the slightest change in temperature after her pregnancy .

 

   “ .   .    .  Oh yeah i forgot that you hate .  “ he remembered how he had forced her to take the job at jk to begin with.

 

  “ .   .   .   Sorry “ he apologised  all of this wouldn't have happened if he hadn't forced her .   , actually hyeon and jae might not even have met if he hadn't been the middle man so technically it can be all his fault.

 

    “ .    .    .   For what .   .  “

 

“ .   .   .  For everything    “ his sincere voice was  shocking . Keeping his eyes to the rad he tried hard to avoid her gaze as the car turned into an awkward silence. He didn't had to say what he was sorry for nor did she needed to hear it , she knows what he means.

 

   “ .    .    .  You don't have to be , none of it is your fault “ she replied . Then silence again . As lay scared to even ask about anything related to jae just wonders if she is ok with him asking  while hyeon sitting besides him anxiously tries to find a way she could even bring it up.

 

      1    .    2.       3.   The minutes went by as they sat in silence. Staring out into the cloudy city as their thoughts fly away into each other's worries . The half an hour drive didn't feel that long as lay pulled over into the parking lot . Putting on her coat hyeon followed behind lay as he led the way up to the restaurant.

 

    “ .    .    .   Did you get a new advisor ?” hyeon finally broke the silence.

 

    “ .   .   .  They said they would hire a new one but your office still has your name on it “ lay held the door open for her.

 

  “ .   .    .  Just tell him “ the voice in her head scolds as hyeon goes on wasting time . She knows no matter what lay will be supportive and be more than happy to help with anything but the shocked face she is expecting to see.   .  How dismayed his gonna be when he hears she is carrying his brother's child .   How shocked or even mad is he gonna be that she has trusted his brother to that extent when she wasn't even sure enough he wouldn't have thrown her like he did .  


 

   “ .   .    .  They are too busy handling all the work hyong has left .  “ he walked into the luxurious lobby .

 

.  Hyeon who for a second has forgotten how rich the man in front of her was just took in the view smiling . All of a sudden remembering all the fights she use to have with him when he suggested to eat at this kind of places .   .   .  She use to really be close with lay . she use to be the one he cried his worries out too but now .   .   .  Now there seems to be this unspoken gap betwèn them . A weird air hanging in between .

 

   “ .    .     . Its tax season which am sure you love “ he added smiling he got an immediate smile back from hyeon.

 

  “ .   .   .  But the men on three or four floors are running around to not even pay a dime more than they should to the government “  taking his jacket off he sat down on the chair in front as hyeon sat down , the waiter did his part by pulling the chair for hyeon and helping take her coat.

 

   “ .   .    .  How much do you pay on average .

 

“ .  .  Actually never mind “ hyeon shoot down her own question before he even got the chance to answer. Why would she wanna know .  .  It's none of her business.

 

“ .    .    .  Ok so what can i start you off with “ the waiter asked and for the next couple of minutes they went back and forth discussing the options from the wine lay wanted to all the recommendation the chef made for them to try.

 

    “ .   .    .  Just ask just ask “ the voice in his head screaming lay  keep it in anymore and taking the chance asked .

 

  “ .   .    .  Did he really say it's over ?” he chose a clam questioning voice not to alarm hyeon bit he had seen how her hands stopped halfway for second before she went on raising the water cup to her lips and taking a bite. Maybe he shouldn't have asked .

 

    “ .    .    .   He said he didn't like me that much to begin with “ startling him hyeon gave an honest reply with a small smile on her face.  A tiny bit of sadness and regret still can be felt in her voice .

 

  “ .    .    .  Hyong .   .  My hyung?” lay asked smiling .

 

 

 Jae saying it's over or were doen is something believable but his brother telling hyeon he didn't like her was not something even lay would believe.

 

   “ .   .   .  And you believed him ?” lay taking the first sip of the wine he ordered asked. He didn't even bother to ask why hyeon didn't wanna drink. May be she one of those that dont drink on weekdays.

 

   “    .    .     .  He said so of course i believed him “

 

“ .   .   .    Well i thought you knew with my brother you have to read between the line or read it off his eyes “ he took another sip . If he had taken everything jae says directly lay wouldn't even be able to acknowledge he has a brother after all those insults.

 

   “ .   .    .    There was nothing to read between the lines of i didn't like you “

 

   “ .    .     .   If he doesn't like me he doesn't like me that's it “ she added as lay folded his arms his lips smirking as his eyes went on staring at hyeon.

 

   “ .    .     .   What ?” she smiled back

 

“ .   .   .   You can go ask if you want , he really say it and meant it too “ she gave the waiter a small bow as he started placing their food in front of them .

 

  “ .   .    .  You were there when he acted like he didn't even know me , thank god i don't have to deal with that anymore “ she gave the waiter another smile . Lay just like earlier just went on staring at her while the water finished off putting everything and left the table.

   

    “  .    .     .  You must have really liked him to be this blinded “ lay commented startling hyeon who intern glared his way as he unwrapped his arms and picked his knife and fork ups .

 

   “ .   .    .   You gonna deny it .   .   You looked like a zombi and took you weeks to look at least this human “ he took his first bite a bit scared that he might have crossed a line of what he said .  If it was the old hyeon .   .  The hyeon before there was even any jae he would be scared to ask anything make a compliment make a suggestion even offer a helping hand . Now he has to be careful .   .  Carefull with everything.


 

    “ .     .    .   I loved your hyong “ Hyeon's confession froze lay as the knife from his hands fell to the ground while his mouth hanging open .  . His eyes popping out of their socket zoomed on hyeon.

 

 

   “ .   .    .  Loved .   .  Love would be a better one “ she smirked keeping her eyes to her plate. She's scared to look up. She's scared to see the shocked look on lays face that will be waiting for her . She knew she had to confess .   .  To break the barrier between them she knew she had to open up a bit to lay who she has been hiding a lot from.

 

  “ .   .   . I wasn't hurt because he wanted to break it off “

 

“ .    .    .  It was the fact that i loved him enough to trust him with everything  .    .  “her voice disappeared. The wound is still fresh    .    .    .  It's still very fresh  . Her face that was smiling ear to ear earlier with in seconds changed blank.

 

   “ .    .    .   That's what stung a bit “  she looked up giving him a small smile . Her lips might be smiling but her eyes .   .  Her dismayed eyes were far away from smiling .

 

   “ .    .   .  It's not like i expected us to last forever , everything has an end “ she added with anothe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter