Back in Seoul.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  / Another long chapter /

 

Ladies and gentlemen flight 3472 to Japan tokyo is boarding at gate 12 . The world famous monotoned voice announced all throughout the airport . First in english then in korean the japanese. Most of the passengers sitting by the gate didn't even look bothered by the announcement since most know by protocol first class will be boarding first .

 

         “  .   .   .  Is your uncle really taking over?” hyeon asked once she settled in her seat .  She has wasted a good amount of time admiring the spacious first class. Sitting in front of her this might be perfect opportunity for her to talk to lay.

 


 

      “ .  .   . That's what i hear “ stretching his seat back lay replied .

 

     “ .   .   . Huh” hyeon sighed .  . Added to her worried look he could tell even she doesn't look like she fond of his uncle taking over.  

 

    “ .   .   .   Do you think you can convince him to get back” he asked folding his arms .     .    .  A small smirk escaped hyeon before she replied.

 

     “ .    .    .   I can’t convince him to do something he doesn’t want to” she brushed her hair a small smile on her face. It's a bit worrying that everybody thinks she can persuade him to get back to work . May be she can but when his insisting like this there has to be a very huge reason why he’s backing out.

 

   “ .   .    .  He needs a break for a while “ she added. The way she nonchalantly talks about Jae is just weird to listen too.  Is she really the one that slapped his brother .  .  Now sitting here worrying about him needing a break. When did everything turn to this   .     .     .   Lay can’t even lift his eyes away from hyeon. This is just beyond bewildering .  .   . He is the one who knew her first .   .   . He’s the reason she even knows his hyung .   And has been with her all along .   .    . How did he miss it . How did he miss the signs .        Was there even signs.

 

    The only thing he could recall is her holding jaes hand in the helicopter .   .    . That should have been a warning .  .   Or even the way they fought .   .  . Thire non stop bickering should have warned him too.

 

      “ .    .     . What” hyeon finding his unwithering eyes a bit burdensome asked brushing her hair to her face to hide. She knows he behaviour today has probably shocked lay.

 

   

    “ .    .     .  Nothing” he turned his eyes to the window . Is he suppose to feel sad or happy about it all .   .    . The pain scratching his heart says he's in pain but seeing his brother like that .   .   .  He has said many times he would pay any price to make his brother happy .   .   . This is becoming a test for that promise.  

 

       Is he really willing to put himself aside and feel happy that it's his brother that hyeon has chosen?.  

 

     “ .   .   .  Am sorry” hyeon keeping her eyes to her hands softly whispered . The awkward silence between them is growing even bigger. She has seen noticed the look on his face whenever she was talking to jae or .  . When she jumped out of his car . His silence the whole ride to the airport was even more awkward .   .    .  Its as though the brothers are exchanging their personalities . The more she knows jae the more friendly and talkative he becomes while lay becomes more distant and quiet.  

 

        No Matter how much she had her doubts she knows now how much of lays heart she has broken by choosing his brother.

 

        Thier silence didn't just last for the entire flight but the drive to their hotel and for the most part their whole stay there. It was as though he didn't even wanna see her as he avoided meeting her unless when he had too.  None of the dinners or parties did he attend nor did he even offer to show her around he had locked himself in his hotel room and come out when they had to attend the meetings.

 

       Even Though the first night might have went by as a great night as hyeon enjoys her room and the sights .  .  .  His distant behaviour has made everything even more awkward between them and hyeon more worried and cautious . She can't even enjoy her laid out melas as she notices the empty chair in front of her.  She knew he needed some space and time but by the 3rd night hyeon is beyond irritated and by the time there last day rolled in she has had about enough.

 

     Ring  -  Ring   - she pressed the bell on lays room. Whatever it is they need to talk it out and solve it before they leave . Because once they get back to seoul she knows it's gonna get even worse.

 

    Ring   -  Ring , she pressed the bell again .

 

  “ .   .    .  am’ coming “ lay screamed even though he knows whoever is beyond the door wouldn't be able to hear him.

 

  “ .   .   .  What ?” he screamed as he pressed the button and opened the door.

 

    “ .   .    . Hey , how are you? “ she pushed his arm away and walked in .   .  .  

 

 

The empty beer and wine bottles is what she noticed first as they are laid out all over the carpet around the table in the middle of the sofa set.

 

  “ .   .    .  So this is what he was doing locked in here”  hyeon turned her eyes back at the man standing by the door. Lay knowing even her eyes would be screaming at him for what they saw kept his eyes to the floor as he closed the door behind and slowly started walking her way.

 

 “ .   .    .  We’re you planning on killing yourself by alcohol poisoning “  kneeling down hyeon started picking up the empty bottles as she glances up at lay every time she finds a different type of bottle . It didn't look like he even cared what he was drinking as long as it had alcohol he chugged it down his throat.  

 

     “ .   .   .  Do i have to be sick to death worried about you too “ she glanced up . Her warning eyes terrifying him even more lay sat by the corner arms folded glaring at the floor she's cleaning.

 

    “   .    .    . What are you doing here” he asked as hyeon her hands full of bottles started walking to the kitchen table.

 

    “ .   .   .  Well you have been avoiding me for a while and am here to figure out why?” she placing the last bottle brushed all her hair up into a bun and stood against the table eyes glaring right at lay .

 

   “ .   .   . I wasn't avoiding you “

 

“ .   .    .  Of course you were”

 

“  .   .  we have been here for the last four days and the only words i've heard from you are ho and thank you “  she sharpened her gaze even though lay has kept his eyes to the floor .

 

     “   .      .  I didn't had anything to talk about “ brushing his hair back walked along to the sofa and turned the tv on as he sat down.

 

    “ .   .    .  Huh “ hyeon sighed .   .   .  His whole behaviour has changed. With her stubborn and fighting attitude it's even a wonder how hyeon even walked in here trying to talk to him rather than giving him a test of his own medicine .  She didn't do anything wrong so why is she trying so hard to get hint i talk when he clearly doesn't want too .

 

     “ .   .    .  Fine then, silent treatment it is “ hyeon picked her jacket up from the sofa and walked out banging the door behind her .

 

     “   .   .    . Dang it .   “ lay threw the remote against the wall in front.   

 

    “ .   .    .  If he doesn't wanna talk then i won't talk either “ opening her room in front hyeon walked more angry than when she walked out earlier .

 

 

      “ .     .     Why  do i have to beg him when i haven't done anything “ she threw her jacket on the couch and started walking to her bedroom .  .   . She needs a very relaxing bath and a good dinner to get rid of her anger so she could get a good sleep before their flight .

 

     “ .   .    .   This is just ridiculous “ she opened the fridge and pulled out one of the water bottles drinking half of it in one breath.

 

          Just like she hoped the bath fixed by the mids itself was enough to relax her and get rid of all her worries as she sits in the warm water soaked in by the salt and the oil and whatever they added.  Eyes closed .  .   The sound system warmly playing the slow music all her head can think about are the people she left behind.  

 

    If seung attended her tutoring .   .  .  What eun bi's doctor might have said .   .   If they gave jessica a hard time or not .      

 

 “ .    .   .  I got to get her some souvenir” hyeon noted to remember to get something for jessica. She has been taking care of the kids for almost a week one gift is not gonna pay for it but it's better than an empty hand.  Then from  jessica of course she will think about all the work waiting for her when she gets back .

 

        Then there's jae. Even her lips can't stay in place when she thinks about him .  ,  a big smile escapes her as her whole body tingles .   .   Her bold confession is still giving her shivers to even think about let alone imagine what it's gonna be like when she sees him .  

 

    She has done it . She has gone and done it . The word she never understood why people say to perfect strangers who because of certain chemicals they feel attached too. She has always wondered how can people throw that word at somebody when it carries so much weight. But now she has said it .    .    .   She has said it to a person she doesn't even know that well . A person who without even one test she somehow s so well .   .   .  A man who she at one time even prayed that he would die is who she has whispered the words she has always been scared to say to another soul.

 

     But now it's all out .   .   .  All the pressure all the anxiety .   .  She has said it .   .  .   She has openly handed him her heart . Wholeheartedly trusting him that he won't break it .

 

    “ .   .  .  But he hasn't said it “that annoying always  negative voice in her head whispered .

 

    “ .    .   .  You probably have scared the man to death” it added forcing hyeon to open her eyes as she realizes that she is the one who said it first .  .   .  The reaction she has noticed on aje before she walked out of the room was numb.   . Jae looked really shocked like he probably have seen a ghost.

 

       But then again believing everything he has been saying and doing .   .   . Her heart didn't feel that intimidated to the thought that he doesn't like her that much. He might not love her now .   .  .  or he might take a long time to say it but she knows he likes her .   .    .   His kisses and embraces were enough to make belive in that.

 

   “ .   .   .  What's the big deal about saying i love you” she smirked .  .  Sliding into the batna  little lower as she tries to convince herself that it's not a big deal that he didn't say it back or why he hasn't even said it first comparing how much he goes around saying he likes her.  

 

      “ .   .   .  Love is a big word”  .   .  “ probably that's why he didn't say it “ that negative voice whispered .

 

    “ .   .   .  He’s not a fool  like you who just throws the word around at the first person who treats him nice “it added . The second sentence getting to her hyeon opened her eyes and sat down now a bit scared that what she has done might not have been a smart thing to do .

 

    she has read so many magazine so many dramas advising for the girls to save the word until the man says it first .   .   .   You need his solid confession before you give him  your heart has been the message .

 

     Biting her lips hyeon sat down , her back exposed to the warm temperature of the bathroom as her knees tightly folded to her chest she tries to calm herself down.

 

 

But the cold shower she wiped the bubbles of with nor did the movie she sat down to watch can stop her mind from going its millions thought about her confession and what jae might be thinking and feeling about it .

 

     “ .   .    .  Hyeon stop it” she shook her head when a very piercing headache started creeping in . Her lips she has butchered already sipping in the wine the Butler  has suggested with her dinner  .   . She sat on the bed with the movie screaming in .

 

     “ .   .   ,  the worst that can happen is he will just dump you “ she said out loud . She is finding it hard to convince herself.

 

 “     ommo “ slamming her face on her bed she started hitting the blanket .

 

    “ .   .   .  Why do i always have to run my mouth “

 

Ring   -   Ring .  Her doorbell screamed.

 

  “ .   .  .  Ommo” she jumped up fixing her gown and her hair back as she ran out of the bedroom to the main door or her luxury suit.  She glanced up at the clock as she ran across.

 

10:58 p.m.

 

     “ .     .  Ye   .       .  “ she stopped halfway as she noticed the man  standing . It was lay.

 

   One  - two  -  a couple of seconds went by in silence as hyeon waits for what he has to say . .  He bit his lips as closes his eyes sighing .

 

“ .    .    .  If it wasn't hyong  .   .  “ he whispered out his small voice accompanied by a loud sigh . He returned his eyes to hyeon's curious eyes waiting for him to finish his sentence .

 

 

   “ .     .     .  If you break up with hyong am’ gonna kill you” he chose to say something else rather than finish the sentence he started . Looking deep into her eyes he can't himself to finish it.

 

    “ .    .   .   Haha” hyeon can't help but smile this is the lay she knows.

 

  “ .   .  .  Wanna come in “ she opened the door wide and walked away as lay walked in and closed the door behind him . Unlike him her room has stayed as clean as it's meant to be.

 

    From sitting by the couch and talking about hotel rooms to the floor .   .  The table pushed aside while the wine bottles laid empty in the middle there is nothing lay and hyeon haven't gone over.  From the conference they were hear for to all the stupid meeting they have to attend .   .   .  The weird people they had to deal with .   .   . As they sit back laid against the carpet head against head one to the north one to the south.  Laughing at this and that as both have watermarks along their cheeks from all the laughter.

 

        

 Now their room filled with a very unique silence as they both realize how much they have missed each other .   .  .  Thire weird friendship or whatever they might wanna label it is just too deep for them to stay that mad at eachother for long . May be not for hyeon but for lay, hyeon is probably the only person he has right now that he can let out whatever is in his heart without worrying about anything.

 

    “ .    .    . Hyong seems to like you very much “ lay broke the long silence .  Keeping his eyes on the roof  as his folded arms rest on his shoulder .

 

    “ .    .   .  He would never tolerate talking to me if you weren’t there” he added when hyeon did not respond to his first statement.

 

      “ .     .    .   You know jae is not that mean” just like like lay focusing her eyes on the roof hyeon replied.

 

     “ .   .   .  He’s a very nice person “ she added . The small smile on lays face would have made her smile if she had caught it . He's never gonna get use to hyeon talking nicely about his brother . But after what he has seen tomorrow .  .  . Even the way they look at each other seems to be on a different level as though their eye could communicate whatever they were thinking so may be hyeon just knows his brother more and he might infact be a nice person.

 

     “ .    .    .  He’s a nice person to you because he likes you”

 

    “ .    .    .  Well he likes you more then me so .  .  “ hyeon replied immediately . Lay didnt even waste a split second before he burst into laughter after hearing what she said.

 

    “ .   .    .  i’m serious .  .  “ his laughing forcing a smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter