We need to do something.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The heavy rains that started attacking the city before sunrise have returned after the sun went down. Hour after hour the rain has dragged on past midnight, warning anybody who had stayed up past midnight that their Saturday wasn’t different from friday. Up from the 9th floor of the Seoul hopital, the city clothed by the dark cloud and fog wasn’t that appealing as most nights.The rhythm against the glass was enchanting as Joon kept following the water droplets sliding down the window in front of him.

 

“ you should come home,” Joon turned his eyes from the raindrops to the reflection of Jae, who was putting on his shirt his doctors had ripped up.

 

“ at least for tonight” he added as he made out the blurry reflections of the tattoos running down Jae’s back and right shoulder. His bones that are popping out his skin were past the warning stage he had been in for years. The slowly deteriorating body of Jae was more alarming than the panic attack he had hours ago. He has always been a slim,considering his height, but the fact that distrubed diet and alcoholism have affected his body was very evident for anybody that saw his bare body.

 

“ I am fine,” Jae whispered out, sliding the shirt down his shirt and brushing his hair that was clouding his already buried vision away.

 

“You’re not” Joon’s defeated voice took some seconds to reach Jae.

 

“Huh” Joon sighed, returning his eyes on the dark city and the dark weather cuddling it to sleep. He needed days to process what happened in that office but Jae’s lifeless body that fail on his hands in that bathroom didn’t even give him minutes, as he was reminded of the ticking walking bomb that was Jae’s heart.

 

“ you can’t survive another surg

 

“AM FINE” Jae shouted, cutting him off. The last thing he wants right now is to listen to one of Joon's lectures. He could also imagine what Joon would say to him. They know each other far to long to not know what the other one is thinking.

 

“ are you?” joon finally turned around and pointed at the various machines Jae was attached to an hour or so ago.

 

“What do you want?” Jae, frustrated with his jacket he couldn’t find, sent his burned-out eyes Joon’s way

 

“ She stopped your heart Jae” Joon still not sure what happened was real and not a dream shouted back. The moment hyeon walked out that elevator till now, everything feels like some weird dream he can’t wake up from. The crystal clear view of the white suited hyeon that looked beyond beautiful had been playing over and over in his head.

 

“She literally stopped your heart” He exclaimed with his stunned eyes focused on Jae.

 

“So it is true '' seung who has heard the news and has driven like a maniac to get to the hospital spoke as she opened the door and got in at the right time to catch what Joon just said. Sungi has made sure to let her know every little detail of what happened in that office and her dad who had an attack.

 

“did you tell her?” Jae’s anger was targeted at Joon who didn’t look amused by Jae's eyes, which if they could would have cursed him out for Seung being in this room.

 

“ am fine” pulling his coat from the table by the corner, Jae started putting it on and adjusting his collar.

 

“ When are you gonna stop running away from it” Seung as bold as always asked as she focused her eyes on the machines that were around the bed Jae was sitting on. Machines she has become very accustomed to.

 

“ Can we not do this right now” sliding his feet into his shoes Jae asked. The only thing he wants to do right now is getting out of this room which he is not that fond of and have some silence.

 

“Do what?”

“Worry about you dying?” throwing her bag down onto the couch Seung shouted but she didn’t get any reaction as Jae focused his eyes on his other shoe he slipped on.

 

“ or you running away from Hyeon” she knew the name would get a reaction and it did as He sent his eyes her way

 

“ Everybody knows it,” she shouted, pointing at Joon by the window and sungi by the corner who had tried to stay away from all of it.

 

“ That's why you don’t even come to the house “ she added, although they were scared about Jae who just got out of an emergency not being able to handle it, both Sungi and Joon were fine with letting her go off on her dad.

 

“You don’t even talk to us anymore”

 

“That’s not true” Jae searching for his phone tried to protest but it was no help

 

“ oh really?” she crossed her arms

 

“ then tell me why none of us know you’re about to propose to Sunmi while your accountant does?” all eyes were focused on Jae, after pressing send on the text he just typed, sat down on the bed.

 

“ since you talk to us and all” her mocking voice was attacking right where she wanted it to as Jae brushing his annoying hair away focused his eyes on Joon. His best friend that usually rescues him from difficult questions and situations stood with his arms crossed waiting for the answer himself.

 

“ Are you seriously going to marry her?” Sungi who still thinks it’s a fake story asked but the answer he was expecting never came as Jae covering his face with both hands just sat on the bed, letting his silence be the answer.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter