seoul has changed

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

' . . . good morning seoul”

 

. . .rise and shine , even though the sun is nowhere to be seen, I am here to light up your moning . .” the radio dj being the only one excited about another dark and cold day went on screaming as the sleeping city went on, most not even willing to open their eyes and accept that another day has walked in. The grey and cold clouds that lingered above the city along with the bone crushing cold that only seems to be getting worse, today was one of those days. The strong wind gushing from every corner was a warning of the gloomy weather to come.

 

 

 

 

It would be hours before the first souls leave their warms houses and start crowding the now empty white streets. To make up for the sun hiding behind the dark clouds the artificial light start flickering as one by one each house turned their light on. Rubbing their cold feets together most fight to lay down for just 10 more minutes. 10 more minutes of pure silence and nice warm blanket covering their body tired of waking for another day that would never be different than the ones before it or the ones in front. It was just a never ending cycle anyway.

 

Whissssssssshhhhhhhh

 

The wind was the only thing that accompanied the flickering lights as the empty streets stayed vacant ,not even a single stray animal in sight.

 

. .today is reported to be the coldest day of the year . . .”

 

“ . .turn it off . .” joon was the one to command as sungi leaned over and silenced the excited radio djs annoying voice. Even sungi needed the silence as he takes in the moment. The road he knew like the back of his hand seemed different now . . . even the air had smelled different as he took a deep breath right when they landed , half an hour ago. The city looked different , glommyer than ever as it stayed dark block after block . . . the home he had missed so much didn't even look that welcoming . Seoul has changed.

 

“ . . . the kids just arrived at the house, they are asleep . .” sungi after glancing at his phone at the text he received announced glancing back at the person sitting in the back seat. There was no reply. The black suited man in the back sat in silence not even moving, as his eyes behind those dark shade stayed glued to the city he never thought he would ever see again.

 

Seoul has changed.

 

'. . .huh . . “ joon sighed as he returned his eyes back to his phone.

 

Please take care of him - mrs kim, it was a short text .

 

The silence in the car was excruciating if any of the three men would have noticed but all were lost in their own thoughts as they taken in the view of the city that didn't look like it was ready to welcome them back. The dark clouds above them , the cold wind fighting against their car . . .it couldn't have been any better setting than this as they city reflects back their own soulless moods. Has seoul always been this dark and cold

 

'. . . huh . . .” both sungi and joon sighed as they glanced through the rear view mirror . Their boss they always underestimate looked more calm than them as he stayed glancing at the empty roads and flickering lights of the ghostly city he couldn't quite remember well. Would it be that surprising for his psychotic brain to disregard any memory of these streets he never really cared for.

 

. . . was seoul this empty . . “ after 15 hours of silence jae asked as he failed to come up with one image of seoul from his broken memories. No matter how much he tried he couldn’t find his fondest memories of the cold city he was born and raised in. This road he probably has passed by millions of times somehow looked foreign. Everything seemed strange, even the air has felt different as it brushed against his pale skin when he walked out the airport.

 

“ . . .it’s 5:30 a.m. in the morning “ sungi was the one to respond as the car goes back to its arctici like silent mood. All , for the first time in their life were left bewildered and amazed by the simple view of the empty streets . . .the dark clouds lingering above . . .the depressing wind

 

“ . .huh . .” placing his phone in his pocket joon stole a glance at the man in the backseat.

 

Jae looks calm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter